Need Help! Navi or Not

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003 | 04:44 PM
Cruisin'

Need Help! Navi or Not

I was just at the dealership trying to get an anthracite/ebony with navi, which was suppose to come in in four days, but they got the car early, and already dealer traded... they didn't accept deposits because it's a pretty small dealership. They told me that I can get an anthracite/ ebony withouth navi for a very good price, but will only talk price if I'm willing to buy the car when they quote me the price... What do you guys think... The dash looks really bland withouth the navi, and there are a lot of features that are eliminated without Navi, like the voice commands, the special sun sensing feature, and well as all the GUI bits that will be missing... Please Help!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2003 | 04:46 PM
Burning Brakes

You sound like you've made your decision.

I won't buy another car without navi and voice, but that's just my opinion.
Old 12-12-2003 | 04:46 PM
an Acura has-been

!

Get the Navi!

I wasn't going to untill I saw the photos of the dash without, now, I am very happy that I did, it is the center piece of the whole interior!

You won't be sorry *** make sure you can aford the extra payments!
Old 12-12-2003 | 04:49 PM
Cruisin'

So, the navi is definitely a good option to get.. right? I figured that if they were willing to take maybe $2,000 off msrp, I might actually consider it... the bad part is, I want all the extra little features, and I'm definitely a gadget geek... is there anyone without navi that can tell me how they like their '04 TL....
Old 12-12-2003 | 05:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: !

Originally posted by need4spd
Get the Navi!

I wasn't going to untill I saw the photos of the dash without, now, I am very happy that I did, it is the center piece of the whole interior!

You won't be sorry *** make sure you can aford the extra payments!
Agree what you said. Besides the features Navi can provide to us, it really makes the TL better look inside. My preference...
Old 12-12-2003 | 05:16 PM
R&D of Team Anthracite

yes do get the navi, i regret not getting it. i went to the dealer only 1 time and bought the tl w/o navi b/c they did not have a tl with navi on the lot and i was in a rush.. bought same day. also i didnt know the TL navi was badass.. i really regret it. will prolly trade it in in a few yr for one with navi.
Old 12-12-2003 | 05:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Also its great if you are in a small town and need to find a store, atm, gas station, restaurant, you just ask it to find it and up pops a list sorted by distance, almost anything. One feature I like is if you say "register current position" it puts the address where you are at that moment in the previous destination directory so you can call it up and get back to the same place later. It all works really well and you never have to fiddle with buttons, just say a radio station and you are there.:p
Old 12-12-2003 | 05:26 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Jss1
Also its great if you are in a small town and need to find a store, atm, gas station, restaurant, you just ask it to find it and up pops a list sorted by distance, almost anything. One feature I like is if you say "register current position" it puts the address where you are at that moment in the previous destination directory so you can call it up and get back to the same place later. It all works really well and you never have to fiddle with buttons, just say a radio station and you are there.:p
I got something new now... got try... "register current position", I used to press and record it.

Someone said "find nearest fast food", it's pretty useful, too... who can remember all hundreds of commands...
Old 12-12-2003 | 06:36 PM
Team SSM

I also was given a very good price on a non navi TL , but I still sided with the navi. ITS WORTH IT
Old 12-12-2003 | 06:52 PM
Intermediate

do ppl not read these forms, just come on here and start typin away. the sane question abt navi has been asked at least 15 other times on this for... read ppl read...
Old 12-12-2003 | 07:19 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

NAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

BTW WHATS UP WITH lovetl.... i checked this forum and didn't find "form" so i guess thats y he posted the thread....
its not like u own the forum.... so chill man!
Old 12-12-2003 | 07:42 PM
SSH
Advanced

Navi all the way. To me the combination of voice activated navi, DVD-A and Bluetooth is what makes this car unique.
Old 12-12-2003 | 07:51 PM
Troublemaker

NAVI is YUM

Its not just for Navigation... audio controls, and you can even go into diagnostics and there are tons of things in there i havent looked through...

Old 12-12-2003 | 07:53 PM
Chief TL Aviator

NAVI. Agreed the dash looks bland without it.
I love my Anthracite / Ebony / Navi car!
It's worth waiting for ...
Old 12-12-2003 | 08:07 PM
Cruisin'

Thank you all for your responses and advices... the dash does look so much better with the Navi...

lovetl... sorry if I couldn't find the other thread in the forum about the navi, but I was in a hurry, and needed feedback fast...

I guess that's it... I'll just have to wait for the navi even if it takes longer... I found one a couple of hours ago in another dealership, but the salesman told me that they were already going through the financing department...

Does anybody know if the anthracite look okay with the quartz interior.. and once again, I'm sorry if this has already been posted in another forum...
Old 12-12-2003 | 08:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Turbowhat2
NAVI is YUM

Its not just for Navigation... audio controls, and you can even go into diagnostics and there are tons of things in there i havent looked through...
Turbowhat2,

What's that bubble-like footprint on your first pic?
Old 12-12-2003 | 08:13 PM
Troublemaker

well i took the car to the end of a road... the navi doesn't have the 3/4 of a mile of so of the end of the road (it ends at like a Sysco building)... but the off-roading feature of the Navi kicked in... whenever you take the car off digitalized roads past 1/2 mile it leaves "bread crumbs" so you will know how to get back (helps if your driving onto an unpopular dirst road that hasnt been mapped yet)
Old 12-12-2003 | 08:16 PM
Troublemaker

there are multiple crumbs because some guy was tailing my car so i went to the end of the road, came back down halfway, and then went back up the road again.
Old 12-13-2003 | 11:05 AM
Racer

I hate Pearl Jam. Sorry. Any word when Acura will get Canadas 5 roads in the Navi? It's a glareing omission (it was a glareing omission 3 years ago).
Old 12-13-2003 | 12:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by JeffNY
Any word when Acura will get Canadas 5 roads in the Navi? It's a glareing omission (it was a glareing omission 3 years ago).

Huh? All the roads are there at least in Ontario plus everywhere else I have looked. I'm sure we have at least 10 roads. Wait a minute let me count them on the screen.
Old 12-13-2003 | 02:53 PM
Instructor

Well, I went back and forth and back and forth on the Navi, but ended up dropping it. Over 2k is alot to pay for what is essentially a toy, especially in a sedan. I usually know where I'm going, and I think the "toy" nature of it will wear off after a month. Of course, if you have unlimited funds, or if you are a real estate agent, sales guy, etc., it is more than a toy and is very useful. The car has enough toys, and I'll save my 2k until I buy my wife an MDX in 4 years.
Old 12-13-2003 | 06:36 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Turbowhat2
well i took the car to the end of a road... the navi doesn't have the 3/4 of a mile of so of the end of the road (it ends at like a Sysco building)... but the off-roading feature of the Navi kicked in... whenever you take the car off digitalized roads past 1/2 mile it leaves "bread crumbs" so you will know how to get back (helps if your driving onto an unpopular dirst road that hasnt been mapped yet)
So, at least 1/2 miles then it shows those crumbs... Need to try in my Navi. Thanx.
Old 12-14-2003 | 07:39 PM
Racer

>>Huh? All the roads are there at least in Ontario plus everywhere else I have looked.<<

Nova Scotia? Prince Edward Island? If so that would be great. Can you zoom out then zoom in on those areas and see?

>>I'm sure we have at least 10 roads.<<

...heehee, yea, I probably missed a few
Old 12-14-2003 | 07:59 PM
Team Secretary of Housing

Quartz with Anthrocite

Just my $.02
I love the combo of Quartz/Anthrocite. I love the contrast in colors. I took the Black carbon inserts out and replaced with the wood tone inserts as well. I for one am thrilled beyond expectation with the look of the combination. I have had Quartz interiors in my last two cars. Doesn't show dirt, wears really well and doesn't retain the heat or cold. To speak to your question about getting the Nav, I am a Realtor and use it as more than just a "toy". It is an essential piece to my professional service package to my Clients. I would not get a TL without it.