My wife wants one, so sell me on it.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004 | 07:37 PM
2nd Gear

My wife wants one, so sell me on it.

Ok my wife wants to get rid of her suv and buy a 04 TL. Hope she really wants a smaller car! We did test drive one and I was really impressed. That car would fly. And the radio was great. We owned a accord befor and had no complants.
So sell me on this new TL and I'll have one in the drive in a week or two.
Old 02-28-2004 | 07:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

sell you on what? all the standard things you get for the price, the reliability, or the resale value?
Old 02-28-2004 | 07:46 PM
Racer

J. E. Ray

Best sell would be to read the posts of the good people here on this forum. You'll read the good and the bad and should be able to form an opinion of the TL. There are comparisons against G35, S60, A6, 530i, and CTS but as far as I know no one has has rated the TL against an SUV
Old 02-28-2004 | 07:47 PM
Advanced

Thanks to your wife for punting the SUV.

Is there any other vehicle she is interested in?
Old 02-28-2004 | 07:59 PM
Banned

If you buy her a TL its like magic, she will transform into a 24 y/o nymphomaniac swim suit model. Do you need any other incentives?
Old 02-28-2004 | 08:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by vtechbrain
If you buy her a TL its like magic, she will transform into a 24 y/o nymphomaniac swim suit model. Do you need any other incentives?
:lol1: :lol1: i'd be sold
Old 02-28-2004 | 11:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by vtechbrain
2.9% financing for the next few days too.
Old 02-28-2004 | 11:47 PM
10th Gear

Okay an coming from a girl that made her guy get the TL instead of the G35, i'm still living to hear and regret my decision. That piece of ****! Read all the problems and complaints about the car before even purchasing it. It is not the only car out there that can impress you.
Old 02-29-2004 | 12:36 AM
TLover

and its not the only car with problems. $100,000 cars have problems too.
Old 02-29-2004 | 01:15 AM
SSH
Advanced

Take it from me. You can't go wrong with this car. We got rid of a 2000 Land Cruiser (a great suv by the way) in favor of the TL because she was tired of driving a "big rig". She loves everything about the TL.

Don't overlook things like XM, Navi and the Handsfree Link. She paid no attentioin to those features when we first discussed the TL and now she can't be without them.
Old 02-29-2004 | 01:18 AM
Cruisin'

My wife drove a 1999 Explorer Limited and love it. It wasn't until the whole Firestone fiasco, that she and I had second thoughts. We use to have a trailer we pulled with the Explorer but got rid of it a few years back and we bought a pickup for a third car for those projects around the house... So did we still "need" the utility of an SUV? Was their inherent dangers in driving an SUV? Was the increased utility (which we no longer really needed) worth the terrible gas mileage? Though we thought about all these things, we still loved the Explorer and never made a move towards something else. All that changed on February 1st... not because of the New TL, but because of ICE!

Long story short, we were up in Yosemite when we hit a patch of ice, hit the snow bank and ended up on our side. No injuries, but scary to say the least. The really bad thing is we were going very slow, not much damage to the front, no air bags went off, but still ended up on our side, sliding about 50 feet. Us, my son and our neighbors kid! It is my honest opinion, that this would not have happened in a car. SUV's have higher center of mass, which make them inherently more dangerous than cars. My advice, if you have an SUV and don't use it as an SUV, then ditch it and get a car.... Your life may end up dependent on your decision! If this is not enough reason, then I don't know what is!

Her new car is a 2004 Acura TL WDP w/NAVI. BTW, less than a new Explorer Limited!
Old 02-29-2004 | 01:27 AM
Racer

just because one TL had problems doesnt mean the all do and they dont. drive the g35 and then the tl. the g35 is cheap as hell inside, noisy, and in no way compares looks wise. of course why should we be telling you what to buy? either buy the car or dont.
Old 02-29-2004 | 01:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by digital_b
just because one TL had problems doesnt mean the all do and they dont. drive the g35 and then the tl. the g35 is cheap as hell inside, noisy, and in no way compares looks wise. of course why should we be telling you what to buy? either buy the car or dont.

saying the g35 doesn't compare looks wise is a stupid statement. that's your opinion and apparently alot of people don't care about the fact that you think it doesn't compare lookswise since they're selling.
Old 02-29-2004 | 06:58 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the reply's. She drives a Toyota Sequoia now and like one of you stated. She's just tried of the "big rig" ride.
We have a three year old and wish to have another in a year or so. When that happens I hope she does not have regrets about getting rid of the Sequoia.
Never mind all that. If she turns into a 24yo nympho swimsuit model. All I need to know is what color she wants!
She also puts over 20000 miles a year on a car. Getting less than 15mpg with the Toyota. The added mpg is a big plus.
Old 02-29-2004 | 08:28 AM
9th Gear

I traded in my Dodge Caravan for my TL, I was paniced about the space because I have 2 kids and a black lab, but I also realize that all that space was usually unused in the van. I love my TL and don't miss the extra room at all! I also checked out a G35, and as a sedan it didn't do much for me in the "I want to get out of my van and feel like a kid again" category!! Good luck and happy hunting!
Old 02-29-2004 | 08:37 AM
Advanced

Re: My wife wants one, so sell me on it.

Originally posted by J. E. Ray
Ok my wife wants to get rid of her suv and buy a 04 TL. Hope she really wants a smaller car! We did test drive one and I was really impressed. That car would fly. And the radio was great. We owned a accord befor and had no complants.
So sell me on this new TL and I'll have one in the drive in a week or two.
You've got two perfect reasons!

1) Getting rid of SUV
2) your wife wants on.

-S
Old 02-29-2004 | 11:44 AM
Pro

Originally posted by adam209
saying the g35 doesn't compare looks wise is a stupid statement. that's your opinion and apparently alot of people don't care about the fact that you think it doesn't compare lookswise since they're selling.
Someone asked for opinions and thats what this is. It seems every post in this forum you are saying someone is stupid or ignorant.

If you think everyone's opinion is stupid, then you have some growing up to do
Old 02-29-2004 | 11:45 AM
Pro

By the way, the TL is great and I'm sure you and your wife will love it. However, like some people mentioned, it's not the only car in the price range that you'll love so look around and make the decision that's right for you
Old 02-29-2004 | 08:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Go test drive one, its preety capable of selling it self
Old 02-29-2004 | 09:46 PM
Racer

I don't understand "so sell me on it". Go do your home work and make up your own mind. I don't feel that I need to 'sell' you on anything.

Basically, I've read lots of people on why they bought this car and they somewhat matches mine - great value. We are all here because we enjoy our purchase and want to learn more about the car or just share our experience. But, we're not your go'fers so don't expect us to come grovel at your feet begging you to buy a car and get your approval for our purchase. Do your home work and make up your own mind.
Old 02-29-2004 | 10:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by apwalsh
Someone asked for opinions and thats what this is. It seems every post in this forum you are saying someone is stupid or ignorant.

If you think everyone's opinion is stupid, then you have some growing up to do
no, i think it's stupid to say that the G doesn't compare looks wise to a TL. people can have opinions, that doesn't bother me. what bothers me is when people say that something isn't up to par, when it clearly is.
Old 02-29-2004 | 11:41 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by casooner90
I don't understand "so sell me on it". Go do your home work and make up your own mind. I don't feel that I need to 'sell' you on anything.

Basically, I've read lots of people on why they bought this car and they somewhat matches mine - great value. We are all here because we enjoy our purchase and want to learn more about the car or just share our experience. But, we're not your go'fers so don't expect us to come grovel at your feet begging you to buy a car and get your approval for our purchase. Do your home work and make up your own mind.
ouch!
Old 03-01-2004 | 08:36 AM
Pro

Originally posted by adam209
no, i think it's stupid to say that the G doesn't compare looks wise to a TL. people can have opinions, that doesn't bother me. what bothers me is when people say that something isn't up to par, when it clearly is.
I think the G35 is a great car, but I also think that it doesn't look as good as the TL. Thats my opinion as well so I guess I'm stupid because I have an opinion that doesn't agree with yours.