Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my wheel fell off

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 05:51 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just an update....

i called DCH Montclair Acura and they couldn't find my keys so they said theyd call me back....an hour and a half goes by...they found my keys and they said theyd look at it tommorow.....so i'll know the truth tommorow
Old 10-31-2005, 06:27 PM
Dang.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank God you're alright! For people calling this story BS...come on - give it up, how is that helping anything? And about the whole "racist" thing, he wrote it I'm guessing as soon as he got home when he was still angry/scared shitless that he or someone else could have been killed. I don't think he meant it in a racist way, but it's the whole heat of the moment and I'd imagine a very emotionally intense situation.

I know you've probably thought of this already, NFL, but I know that movie theaters around me have security cameras. Have you checked/know if they do or not? I'd check with Panera and other stores around it if there are any. Hopefully there will be something there to help you.

True, being the bigger man would have meant not saying anything, but who's to say that when in that position they wouldn't have said anything? Being young has nothing to do with it...look at the people around you who have road rage when you're driving...generally NOT young people. Just like if there's a bad situation where you cut someone off and you pull up next to them to yell at them or flip them off, you don't expect that someone would pull out a gun and shoot at you - it happened on 84 in CT a few years ago...the guy got killed. Keeping your cool isn't always as easy as it sounds, especially when you don't know how demented the person you're saying something to is - he didn't know they'd mess with his car...nor to the point where it would kill him. (If in fact, someone did loosen his lug nuts).

Good luck with everything.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:21 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
that sucks...ive seen this happen quite a bit (oddly its only been with mbz though) hopefully everything works out for you.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:44 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hcekc
Racist? Give me a break!

All he said was "black kids". I've used worst in everyday conversations. Chink, Gook, Chinaman, Nigger, Sambo, Spear Chucker, Jap, WhiteBoy, Camel Jockey, Diaper Head, Wetback, Kike, Wop. What am I missing?

And I'm not white either!
got to love it ,,lol
Old 11-01-2005, 03:49 AM
Instructor

isnt it funny how alomst every thread here turns into some kind of war of the words

but i love it,,,, :theghey: :thief: :thief: :silvercup :troutslap
Old 11-01-2005, 03:56 AM
Pro

damn i jsut dropped my car on halloween too..damn dat sucks...i better check out my car tomorrow i drive it..but yeah glad that ur ok...
Old 11-01-2005, 05:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
time to close this one...
Old 11-01-2005, 08:25 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by mickey3c
time to close this one...
yeah its getting close but Im gonna wait and see if NFL updates us or not.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NFLblitze1 – all’s well that ends well (relatively!)... The only thing I want to add is that something similar - not that bad, though - happened to me couple weeks ago. One day I noticed a sound coming from the left front wheel, which sounded as if something stuck to the tire and was making repetitive sound every revolution. Weird thing was that sound was going away under acceleration. I didn't see anything wrong with the tire, so I decided to take it off and have a closer look. When I started undoing lug nuts, I discovered that they are barely finger tight! Front right wheel was also loose! I wasn't sure how that happened and blamed myself - about a month and a half before I tighten them up using torque wrench with 80lb setting. At approximately the same time car was at the dealer for front brakes re-surface and I'm still not sure who touched these wheels last. I retighten them (with 90lb torque - just in case) and sure enough that sound went away. I'm going to wait some time and see whether lug nuts come loose again.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:04 AM
"Joe Cool"

Racist? Give me a break!

All he said was "black kids". I've used worst in everyday conversations. Chink, Gook, Chinaman, Nigger, Sambo, Spear Chucker, Jap, WhiteBoy, Camel Jockey, Diaper Head, Wetback, Kike, Wop. What am I missing?

And I'm not white either!
Hey Einstein, you don't have to be White to be Racist.

And if you use those words... well guess what your Racist.

No wonder one little remark got your panties all in a bunch.

Side note: If you were giving the police a report.. would saying "some Black guys did it" be sufficient to apprehend the suspects.
I mean really are there only like 3 black guys on earth or what?
Old 11-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by 1sweetTL

Side note: If you were giving the police a report.. would saying "some Black guys did it" be sufficient to apprehend the suspects.
im sure he would give the police a better description than that but saying race does narrow the search down a bit , perhaps the theatre has had problem with a group of kids in the past and maybe taken names before kicking them out and by him describing them by color or whatever else he can could lead to the theatre having these kids names on file or something. watever the case may be id say see if the theatre had cameras and also what are the odds these kids had a lug wrench with the same size that your car does? if the theatre cant come up with anything the dealer or last place that serviced your car should be the ones you try and get to cover the cost of repairs
Old 11-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Instructor

That's right. I'm a racist fucking gook!

Being a minority, I've heard shit way worse that what NFLblitze1 said. Are you a minority? Do you know how it feels to be descriminated on? No, I don't think so.

IMO, what NFLblitze1 said was not racist. If he had said "some Chinese guys" instead, would I be upset. Hell no! He was simply describing the situation that he was in. Yeah he said some stuff that he shouldn't have, but in no way was he racist.

Have you ever called a car "ricey"? Is that racist to you? In your book, it should. However, it doesn't bother me any. Just my
Old 11-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 633 Likes on 281 Posts
my guess, the lugs came loose on their own as the Aluminum wheel compressed around the lug nut holes.

This is common, and you should check your wheels weekly for the first month of ownership IMO.

also, NFL is young, he's not likely very experienced, so it's completely possible that he had no idea what was going on when the car started vibrating on the freeway.

Glad your OK NFL, good luck with insurance!
Old 11-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Advanced

I just got new wheels and tires for winter. I used a torque wrench (bought for 35 dollars) set at 80 lbs to tighten them down. After 2 days and 100 miles I torqued them down again.

They did become loose after a couple of days and 100 miles. This is normal. Since they are brand new they need to be broken in. The metal of the wheel around the lugs will deform a little the first time you tighten them. To be technical the metal "creeps" (engineering term) under the the stress.

But with all of this, my lugs were only tightened 15 degrees or so (best guess). But that would depend on how soft the metal is.

I would like to know how many miles NFL had, and if they were aftermarket rims.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:04 PM
"Joe Cool"

That's right. I'm a racist fucking gook!
Apparently you are having some difficulty grasping the concept of:
"I DID NOT CALL HIM A RACIST!!!!"
Second... Yes... I am a minority.
Third....... Yes... I have been discriminated against, (by Blacks, Whites, Asians even Hispanics). That doesn't mean I need to start labeling all of them.

Describing some guys by your car, who you feel might have done something to your car does not require that much detail.
How is it relevant if the were Black, White Hispanic or Asian?
You still haven't answered that.

Instead you go off on a tangent about how he isn't racist. Get the facts straight cuz "I NEVER SAID HE WAS"!!!

RECAP: NFL wrote : ........last night some black kids (not to be racist) but i was in a bad neighborhood and i have neons under the car and it attracts attention so these black guys started giving me shit as i was going into the movie theater....

I wrote: .......PS..If they were White you wouldn't have said "some white guys were by my car". So next time don't point out that they were Black..it isn't necessary. Just say some guys, cuz whether you are or not ...it does sound kinda racial.

Point out where exactly I called him a racist!

And no I don't use the term RICEY... in fact I just now found out what "Ricey" means today. I had to ask Tampa Mike.

Just my

BTW....using Profanity does not validate your arguement!
Old 11-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
So I guess Archie Bunker was a racist ? Including Edith ?

Give me a break ! Punks are punks, thugs are thugs, trash is trash, human beings are human beings. Ignoring Aholes makes you a better person. Provoking punks, thugs etc... lowers you to their level.......Color has nothing to do with it.....
Old 11-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

guys...big update....the dealership called me.......some of the studs were broken...so they replaced them...im getting my car back tommorow. they replaced the front rotors :-) yay...so all is very well....nothing on the car is damaged accept for maybe the wheel but its just scratched from the road...will take pics if i can....but im very pleased. they gave me new lug nuts and i purchased a set of wheel locks. so everything is great. =D

also...to answer a question before....i have around 17-18k miles on the car, i don't have after market wheels, i have the stock wheels.

and as for the racist issue...im sorry if i offended anyone by refering to the guys who were messing with me as BLACK...the sole reason i labeled the alleged persons as "Black" was because they were giving me shit for the neons and there like "you wigger whats with the neons" etc...so i guess u could look at it as i was racially 'attacked' but anyways i don't want to start a huge debockle (sp?) about this...things are fine now..im getting my car back...and hopefully ill be able to come to the meet htis weekend

as for the suspected people that may have loosened the lug nuts. i went to essex green (the movie theater/shopping center) to see if they had cameras outdoors..and they said they don't so ill never know....but hopefully the same thing won't happen in the future...thanks for your sympathy and some empathy from a few....
Old 11-01-2005, 04:14 PM
"Joe Cool"

Originally Posted by Fabvsix
So I guess Archie Bunker was a racist ? Including Edith ?

Give me a break ! Punks are punks, thugs are thugs, trash is trash, human beings are human beings. Ignoring Aholes makes you a better person. Provoking punks, thugs etc... lowers you to their level.......Color has nothing to do with it.....
EXACTLY MY POINT!

Color has nothing to do with it.....!!
Old 11-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
AMEN, now you guys can close this thread !
Old 11-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Smile

I feel you I was just watching that movie on cable.
Someone definately loosened that wheel.

If I were you I wouldn't be telling people to fuck off then walking away from my car. That is just asking to be keyed her in LA or worst.....like what happened to you.

PS..If they were White you wouldn't have said "some white guys were by my car".
So next time don't point out that they were Black..it isn't necessary.
Just say some guys, cuz whether you are or not ...it does sound kinda racial.

BTW.. I am not Black so don't think I am offended, I am just older and wiser.

Goddluck with your dilema. I hope you get your car back on the road quickly.
Wow that's a helluva point.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Question

Originally Posted by AcuraTl203
im sure he would give the police a better description than that but saying race does narrow the search down a bit , perhaps the theatre has had problem with a group of kids in the past and maybe taken names before kicking them out and by him describing them by color or whatever else he can could lead to the theatre having these kids names on file or something. watever the case may be id say see if the theatre had cameras and also what are the odds these kids had a lug wrench with the same size that your car does? if the theatre cant come up with anything the dealer or last place that serviced your car should be the ones you try and get to cover the cost of repairs
Ha. I always thought how ridiculous it is say we are looking for a White Male between 5'8 and 5'11 about 180 pounds. Who does that it narrow it down to, like 50 million people? Insert Black Male and you have a similar problem.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry if this is a repost...

Aright, you deserve the damage you got. You could very easily have killed someone, it is not uncommon for the heavy wheel/tire assembly to fly off and kill someone.

If you knew it was loose why the hell were you doing 80?????

I am kinda pist that acura wont come out for a problem like that, it is ROADSIDE assistance.

I am not looking to create any type of personal problems with you, but I have to say that was stupid and I hope you learned your lesson

Also PICS PLEASE!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 04:35 PM
"Joe Cool"

Originally Posted by Twenties
Wow that's a helluva point.
Thank you..

I wasn't trying to offend anyone, just point out the obvious.

But some of these fools come of like I'm the self proclaimed ACLU or sumthin.

Damn....

Some people just don't get it.

Again I apologize if my observation has led to the Hi-jacking of this thread.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Originally Posted by crazymjb
Aright, you deserve the damage you got. You could very easily have killed someone, it is not uncommon for the heavy wheel/tire assembly to fly off and kill someone.

I am kinda pist that acura wont come out for a problem like that, it is ROADSIDE assistance.

I am not looking to create any type of personal problems with you, but I have to say that was stupid and I hope you learned your lesson

Also PICS PLEASE!!!
are u kidding me? who the fuck are you to say that?? "deserve the damage you got" i didn't do anything....i understand if i was fooling around...and then i crashed into another car...thats my fault...and i deserve that...but who the fuck are u to say that? i didn't know it was loose...i got out and checked the passanger side wheel to see if something was wrong..and it was a little loose...not loose where i can move it with my fingers...loose as in i could use a tire iron to tighten it more..so i did....so there wasn't a problem.....the new jersey turnpike and the garden state parkway are private highways and im sure this is true with most states.....so you have to be contracted by the state in order to service certain highways...yes im pissed...but its the state...your 15 you can't even drive yet..who the fuck are you to say something like that????? did u even read the thread? LEARNED MY LESSON??? FUCK YOU KID!! GROW UP!!! i can't believe u actually went out and said that...
Old 11-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymjb

Also PICS PLEASE!!!
what the hell do you mean "sorry if this is a repost"????? did you not read this thread from the begining? you keep this up Astro will not keep letting you come back.

and with his well thought out post I am closing this thread.

NFL Im glad you're getting it fixed, you are okay and nobody got hurt.