Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Movin' on ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 04:01 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Movin' on ...

Just closed a deal on a new '07 MDX to replace the '06 TL. Being prepped as we speak.

The TL has been a good soldier, I guess, but I have to admit I never fell in love with it. Rattles, a "clompy" ride over bumps, lots of road noise, and vibrations and buzzes at idle. Just never quite felt slick enough to me. On top of that, I recently had over $5,200 worth of hail damage, and even though it's now fixed, it'll never be the same to me.

Good thing is the dealer basically gave me trade-in value equal to my lease payoff, so I didn't get hurt there. Bad part is the MDX costs a few thousand more than a TL, so the payments are going up. LOL.

Anyhow, I appreciate the stuff I learned on here, and the tips and tricks (thanks, Angry Dad, wherever you are) that you guys passed along. Have fun and be careful out there.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
congrats Mike. stop by www.acuraclubusa.com

here in dallas we meet up twice a month

theres a thread in the meets section
Old 06-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
congrats on the MDX, chime in time to time here at acurazine. FOr a forum that can help with the MDX< acuramdx.org will help you out. I am a member there and have learned a bit from there. WHat model MDX did you get, sport, ent, tech, etc. I have a sport entertainment 2007 MDX. Congrats once more and post some pics
Old 06-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Just closed a deal on a new '07 MDX to replace the '06 TL. Being prepped as we speak.

The TL has been a good soldier, I guess, but I have to admit I never fell in love with it. Rattles, a "clompy" ride over bumps, lots of road noise, and vibrations and buzzes at idle. Just never quite felt slick enough to me. On top of that, I recently had over $5,200 worth of hail damage, and even though it's now fixed, it'll never be the same to me.

Good thing is the dealer basically gave me trade-in value equal to my lease payoff, so I didn't get hurt there. Bad part is the MDX costs a few thousand more than a TL, so the payments are going up. LOL.

Anyhow, I appreciate the stuff I learned on here, and the tips and tricks (thanks, Angry Dad, wherever you are) that you guys passed along. Have fun and be careful out there.

I hope you're able to fall in love with your MDX and yes I have to agree that the TL could be slicker. Occasional squeaks & rattles can make you question the quality of the vehicle, especially if it's only a few months/weeks old.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:04 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Mike, I followed your journey to the MDX in that other forum. Sure didn't take long once you found something you liked. Hope the MDX works out for you. We really like our old 2002.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:17 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,294 Likes on 2,649 Posts
Two weeks ago, I took my TL camping with some other friends and one had just gotten a 2007 MDX (Entertainment and Entertainment package). I was really impressed with the MDX, I didn't drive it but rode in the front seat and played around with the entertainment and Nav system. The large control knob/joystick for the Nav and other menu's is really easy to use. Overall a great vehicle, the only negative the owner said was the low gas mileage (she replaced a Toyota Sienna minivan which she said got much better). The center console takes a while to get used to all the switches but I liked it once I got used to it.

Originally Posted by Mike_TX

Old 06-23-2007, 07:54 AM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats on the MDX
Old 06-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Disturbin' The Peace!

Congrats on your new MDX! My wife drives an 01', and she has expressed that she wants an 07'-08'. They really are sweet looking! Post pics when you get her!
Old 06-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Not a bad choice at all. If I were in the market for a SUV I would be leaning to the MDX. Style, tech and performance in one.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:33 AM
AcurAdmirer

Thanks, guys. I took a little 200-mile jaunt in the 'X yesterday and it is a fine road vehicle. Great ride, quiet, handles well, is comfortable ... and it actually looks like the gas mileage won't be as bad as I thought! It settled in to 23.6 with cruise set at 70-75 mph. And I had only 80 miles on it when we set out, so it should improve a little with time.

Originally Posted by csmeance
congrats on the MDX, chime in time to time here at acurazine. FOr a forum that can help with the MDX< acuramdx.org will help you out. I am a member there and have learned a bit from there. WHat model MDX did you get, sport, ent, tech, etc. I have a sport entertainment 2007 MDX. Congrats once more and post some pics
I passed on the Sport, since my priorities have switched to comfort and serenity. LOL. I would have kept the suspension button "Comfort" all the time, so the non-Sport was the model for me. And it seems to have a very controlled ride and excellent handling. Entertainment was also not something I was into, since our kids are all grown up and gone. I just don't have need of DVD players in the rear with no one back there!

So I got the Tech model ... it has the Nav, backup camera, BT, Homelink, power everything, etc., etc. - all the stuff I "need". And I'm one of the nuts who like the standard wheels better than the Sport wheels, too.

BTW - the 'X has the ELS sound system, like the TL, and I like it better than the Bose in my RL. It just has a fuller, richer sound IMO.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:22 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the MDX,.........
Old 06-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Pro

congrats on the "x" do keep us posted over time. my local dealer is giving me one for a couple of days next monday to see if i "actually my wife" likes it enough to get rid of her rx400h. i would love to know anything you like or dislike over time. thanks..
Old 06-24-2007, 05:42 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by Hardtimes
congrats on the "x" do keep us posted over time. my local dealer is giving me one for a couple of days next monday to see if i "actually my wife" likes it enough to get rid of her rx400h. i would love to know anything you like or dislike over time. thanks..
Will do.

Nothing to dislike so far, unless you count the enormous key. LOL. At least it folds into the fob like a switchblade. Maybe the good thing is it could be a good self-defense weapon in a parking lot attack.

As for the wife, I think she'll find the 'X has none of the weird feel of the RXh when braking (wow, the 'X has great brakes!) or when the RX is hybrid-switching. Some women seem to think the steering is a little heavy, but I like it, since it helps it run down the road straight. Feels more or less like the TL's steering.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Pro

thanks mate! try to keep this one out of the hail alright?