Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Midwest/Chicago club/team/crew?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Midwest/Chicago club/team/crew?

Are there any acura crews/teams/clubs in the Chicago land area? I know of several G35 as well as bmw chicago clubs, but not Acura. Is this because there aren't as many die hard enthusiasts? I really would like to see some modified TL's and FI Tl's in person.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Acuras Only in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There used to be a thread about where are the Chicago TL owners at .... tons of them if I remember correctly ...

I checked because my parents were living there for almost 7 years when I was in college, so I consider myself a half-Chicagon .... LOL
Old 07-22-2007, 08:30 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Yes, there are a tons of TL people up here. More than I thought possible as that thread shows. A lot of them seem to be hiding in the woodwork because they seem to have a low post/participation count, and seem to be more observers if anything. At our last Chicago meet I expected a larger turn-out but it looks like only the die-hard ones came out.

I think it would be difficult to start an independent club out here, but I've talked to dragonlord about it who has started a Great Lakes chapter for the Acura Club based in TX. Plans are to include Chicago into this. We only live in the 3rd biggest city in the country. With all the TLs out here you'd think there'd be a big club out here. We have just talked about it but it hasn't taken off just yet. It easily can though with a little initiative.

Why not me? Well originally I was going to coordinate the Chicago region but decided to step back. I'm only going to be in Chicago for another 2 months, then I'm moving back to the NY area permanently. Besides my medical career is taking the best out of me, I don't know if I have the time for all this.

If you or anyone else has the time/energy for this, I see some potential for this. If you want to find out more info on this just pm dragonlord.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

we should have a meet before summer's end... all the midwest TLs... WI, IL, MN... that could be fun... idk where it would be but get some grills goin and some coolers.... might be a great time.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:06 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Well sounds like a great idea. Here's what happens though; you start a thread on it. You'll get a list of 70 people who say they'll be there. 1 wk. beforehand you start seeing the attrition. On the day, 10 people show up at the most. People are busy on summer weekends. They'll probably come just because they are ultra bored. If anything else comes up they will cancel. Only ultra-junkies like me show up everytime. LOL! Sorry to be negative, it's just realistic.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

yeah lol i hear ya
Old 07-23-2007, 03:48 PM
My Daily Driver

lets get a meet going for WI/IL at BW3's in Kenosha, kinda half way for the Chicago and Milwaukee guys...
Old 07-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Sorry to have to tell you this, but the Acurazine policy on this type of thread is that all discussions of this type should be posted in the Acurazine Clubs & Meets Forum. Since we can't move threads into other forums, please repost there if you wish to continue this discussion.