Memory seats: Is the amnesia real??

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003 | 08:06 PM
Instructor

Memory seats: Is the amnesia real??

Can someone clue me in to the specific details of when and how you are losing your seat memory?

I ask because from what I have seen in the various threads, no one mentions about being in park when they re-push 1 or 2.

If you move your seat while in gear, and watch the green LED go out, and then push 1 or 2, nothing will happen. You have to go back to park, and then push it.

Do any of your "broken" seats fit this profile instead? Or am I way off base??

Please advise!!
Old 12-17-2003 | 08:10 PM
Burning Brakes

the problem is real
Old 12-17-2003 | 08:11 PM
Team Owner

No one knows....

They just lose everything.

We programmed my wife's settings at the dealer when we took delivery of the car. Tested them and everything. Sometime between then and 6 weeks later they disappeared.

My settings would disappear too. I'd notice it when I got the car back from the dealer service dept, and my key fob wouldn't put everything back.

To my knowledge, no one's identified a sequence of events to cause it.

Mike
Old 12-17-2003 | 08:18 PM
Drifting

Re: No one knows....

Originally posted by svtmike
They just lose everything.

We programmed my wife's settings at the dealer when we took delivery of the car. Tested them and everything. Sometime between then and 6 weeks later they disappeared.

My settings would disappear too. I'd notice it when I got the car back from the dealer service dept, and my key fob wouldn't put everything back.

To my knowledge, no one's identified a sequence of events to cause it.

Mike
In your case, is it possible the dealer disconnected the battery and lost your settings? I have never had this problem with my 02 TL. Very interesting.
Old 12-17-2003 | 08:20 PM
Team Owner

Re: Re: No one knows....

Originally posted by BLEXV6
In your case, is it possible the dealer disconnected the battery and lost your settings? I have never had this problem with my 02 TL. Very interesting.
I don't think so; he was working on the vibrating tires. No other settings (time, radio presets, etc....) were lost.

Mike
Old 12-17-2003 | 08:31 PM
Cruisin'

It's real... Every time my wife uses key2, I lose my settings. Have not been back to dealer yet to fix, if a fix is available ?
Old 12-17-2003 | 09:08 PM
Banned

The problem is very real and very :banghead:
Old 12-17-2003 | 11:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Memory seats: Is the amnesia real??

Substantial...

We all know it's only working in PARK position, and the lights may go off temporarily when you shift to others.

Most of ppl having this issue are totally unable to call back their seat/mirrors memory setting, the system works functionally before they shut off the engine and before they either move the chair last night in the garage or change setting a moment ago.

Sometimes, for my case, after starting the car and pushing 1 or 2, the system is not working, then I may shift to D, then shift back to PARK, my memory is back. But most of time they're totally gone... no matter what I do...

You're the lucky guy without this issue...
Old 12-18-2003 | 04:01 AM
Pro

I know you can not ADJUST the memory seats while driving.. in other words press 1 or 2 and it changes to thats etting on the road.

However it DOES seem to allow you to SAVE the settings while driving which I have done.

So if you are driving and you are not happy with the mirror or seat, youc an adjust it (the rgeen light for whatever memory you are using goes out) and then press the memory button and 1 or 2 and it DOES save the setting.

My seats lose settings sometimes.. other times the light does not come on. The light should only NOT come on when you make an adjustment away from the preset setting. And the next time you get in the car the seats should go back to whatever key fob you use and the light should again go on (as long as its linked).

I find if you just press memory while driving or not... the lights blink and then the 1 or 2 will stay lit thereafter...

So it is sort of a two fold probkem..

1) The seats just lose the settings totally (hapened to me only once) where you press memory buttin and nothing happens light stays off.

2) the light goes on or off for no reason.. but may come back the next time you arei n the car.

I also am the only driver however valet and repair people sometimes adjust the seats.. Its hard to readjust a 10 way seatr comfortable every single time aomwown changes it.

Mike