3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mac Churchill in Ft. Worth - impressions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 03:06 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Question Mac Churchill in Ft. Worth - impressions?

Churchill is probably the closest dealer to me, but I seem to recall I've heard some things about them. Anybody here had any dealings with them?

I notice all their cars are tinted, so I figure they try to saddle you with a couple hundred extra for that (Ha - I usually get that thrown in for free anyway!). Makes me wonder what else they try to charge you for.

Also, any impressions on their service department?

If they're a dud, any recommendations on dealers in the DFW area? I'll do the internet quote thing and pit them against each other, but I've never owned an Acura and don't have any experience with any of them.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try posting in here

https://acurazine.com/forums/texas-319/dallas-ft-worth-metroplex-meets-311791/

U might get more replies. I'm in the area, but didnt buy my car here so I couldnt help you.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:44 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I suggest Goodson. I bought my TL from Vandergriff, but their service dept stinks, and Sales isn't much better. Goodson's service is near flawless, plenty of loaners (no advance notice needed) and I've RARELY had to go back to them after a repair.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
I bought my 04 TL and and 05 MDX from MacChurchill.

I have had no problems w/ their sales or service departments.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:20 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by fast-tl
I suggest Goodson. I bought my TL from Vandergriff, but their service dept stinks, and Sales isn't much better. Goodson's service is near flawless, plenty of loaners (no advance notice needed) and I've RARELY had to go back to them after a repair.
Thanks - I haven't given a lot of thought to Goodson, but they're not much farther than Churchill. They don't seem to have a lot of stock out front, but they probably have a back lot somewhere. I'll check their inventory and see what they have!
Old 07-23-2006, 05:26 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by crxb
I bought my 04 TL and and 05 MDX from MacChurchill.

I have had no problems w/ their sales or service departments.
Thanks for the reply. I did talk to a guy there named Daren something, and he seemed knowledgeable and helpful. I just got concerned when I saw tints everywhere and other accessories (trunkilid spoilers, etc.) added by the dealer to cars on the lot. Made me wonder if they were going to pull the "paint protectant/leather sealant/snakeoil add-ons" routine when the deal started closing.

A good internet quote strategy will weed that out, though.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
No sneaky dealer add ons w/ my 2 purchases and not charged for the tint. Very straight up dealer in my experience
Old 07-23-2006, 07:49 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by crxb
No sneaky dealer add ons w/ my 2 purchases and not charged for the tint. Very straight up dealer in my experience
Thanks - good to hear!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my 06 TL 5AT Navi from Mac Churchill. Overall, it was an OK experience. No pressure at all for any additional options. No sneaky stuff when closing the deal. The finance guy was really good. I was especially wary of this after purchasing my 03 Accord at Frank Kent.

There was no tint pre-installed on any of the ones I test drove, or the one I purchased. They do offer the Huper Optik and have a nifty heat lamp demo.

The price negotiation process did upset me a little. He kept wanting to focus on payments rather than values in terms of purchase price and trade in value. He did the whole dog and pony show where every time we would agree on a set of numbers, he'd go check with his manager. Then he would come back with figures somewhere in the middle. I would go in with several quotes from other dealers in the region. Also, if you're going to do a trade-in, go get a quote from CarMax on Eastchase (or wherever) first.

The only other thing that sucks is their location. Trying to do anything at 820 and 35 can be painful. I don't relish having my service done their for that reason, but it is closer than Vandergriff to me. They do have loaners for scheduled maintenance, but you have to make an appointment. When I was introduced to the service manager, he mentioned that they only do repairs for rattles during the week. I thought that was odd...
Old 07-23-2006, 09:50 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by wrd222
Got my 06 TL 5AT Navi from Mac Churchill. Overall, it was an OK experience. No pressure at all for any additional options. No sneaky stuff when closing the deal. The finance guy was really good. I was especially wary of this after purchasing my 03 Accord at Frank Kent.

There was no tint pre-installed on any of the ones I test drove, or the one I purchased. They do offer the Huper Optik and have a nifty heat lamp demo.

The price negotiation process did upset me a little. He kept wanting to focus on payments rather than values in terms of purchase price and trade in value. He did the whole dog and pony show where every time we would agree on a set of numbers, he'd go check with his manager. Then he would come back with figures somewhere in the middle. I would go in with several quotes from other dealers in the region. Also, if you're going to do a trade-in, go get a quote from CarMax on Eastchase (or wherever) first.

The only other thing that sucks is their location. Trying to do anything at 820 and 35 can be painful. I don't relish having my service done their for that reason, but it is closer than Vandergriff to me. They do have loaners for scheduled maintenance, but you have to make an appointment. When I was introduced to the service manager, he mentioned that they only do repairs for rattles during the week. I thought that was odd...

Interesting. Well, sometimes I play the monthly payment game with them if I have to. I know what I want for my trade and what I want to give for their car, so the payments reflect that (especially on a lease). It's then up to them to figure out how to allocate between the trade and the new car to get to the payment I want ... for the term I want, of course!

I agree 820 and 35 can be tough, but where I live in the Mid-Cities I can scoot down Western Center and miss the freeway traffic.

Thanks for the info.