3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jersey City/Hoboken/Near Holland Tunnel Car Wash/Detail Shop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Computer Techie Geek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jersey City/Hoboken/Near Holland Tunnel Car Wash/Detail Shop?

I saw a thread going for queens/NY area, and thought if our community has any suggestions for Jersey City, NJ area.

Original post : https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...47&postcount=7
Old 02-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Advanced

I perfer going to hand car washes only.

There are 2 in Hoboken (one on Observer and one just off of it) and 1 in Jersey City on Grand St. by the Pathmark (that I know of). They all are ok...not great.

There's an amazing hand car was is West Orange off of 280. Hit them when their not too busy and they do an awesome job. Plus the head guy outside (Jay) has a sweet spot for TL's. He always hooks me up when I come in. There'll be like 8 guys wiping down my car.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:07 PM
3rd Gear

I drive into the city alot and have had good success with a place on West Side HW and 44th....During the morning you'll see all the towncars lined up and that has to say something if all the limo drivers take their cars there.

I think $12 got the outside totally clean and hand dried by half a dozen guys...I usually give the youngest kid $5 to do my wheels again just for good measure.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Computer Techie Geek

Originally Posted by GMalloy
I drive into the city alot

I work in downtown, so just take the train there, if I were to drive to city for a car wash, it will just be $6 for the toll, and some incidental scratches from those cabbies ;-)

Originally Posted by TLNJ
There's an amazing hand car was is West Orange off of 280
this sounds good, do you have a lil better directions pls. just so you know, I had gone the the one on Newark ave, right near where TPK is on your head. they were no good.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Advanced

West Orange Car Wash
87 Main St.

280 to Exit 10. Top of the ramp make a...right I think then a left onto Main St. They'll be on your right.

I try to go to only hand washes and I think they're one of better ones in the area. I usually go early in the AM when they're not too busy otherwise it's a zoo.

Let me know what you think.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Computer Techie Geek

thanks Man. Will definately try em out and let ya know.

about early hour thing, they definately a zoo after that.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Pro

are you talking about the carwash right next to the bagel store? H&H bagel I think it was.

Originally Posted by GMalloy
I drive into the city alot and have had good success with a place on West Side HW and 44th....During the morning you'll see all the towncars lined up and that has to say something if all the limo drivers take their cars there.

I think $12 got the outside totally clean and hand dried by half a dozen guys...I usually give the youngest kid $5 to do my wheels again just for good measure.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:35 AM
I Want CD Text for 35k

West Orange Car Wash
87 Main St.

280 to Exit 10. Top of the ramp make a...right I think then a left onto Main St. They'll be on your right.

I try to go to only hand washes and I think they're one of better ones in the area. I usually go early in the AM when they're not too busy otherwise it's a zoo.

No Nav I guess?

I am in Nutley and have been looking for a decent hand wash place around here so THANKS.

I tried clocktower on 17. If they arent busy they are pretty good, but still, not great.

Rochelle Park used to be good now they stink.

Westwood, NJ closed down.

There is one in Totowa but its almost like a hybrid machine/hand wash. You put your car in neutral and send it through the automated machine but guys there hand wash the car. They did a real nice job on my car every time I have gone there.

I will check out West Orange now though.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kid
No Nav I guess?

There is one in Totowa but its almost like a hybrid machine/hand wash. You put your car in neutral and send it through the automated machine but guys there hand wash the car. They did a real nice job on my car every time I have gone there.

I will check out West Orange now though.
Actually, just to clarify the one in West Orange is similar. They hand wash it but it goes through and automated machine where it gets sprayed down, etc. Once it gets through the machine is when it gets impressive. They have a guy on a air hose that blows all the edges of the car to make sure it's dry so when you pull away you don't have the excess water spraying all over your car. Kind of hard to explain, but pretty cool.

Found another hand wash last night (didn't know it was suppose to snow today) in Newark on Rt. 21 on your right....decent job (WO is better).
Old 02-04-2005, 10:24 AM
Computer Techie Geek

hey TLNJ: do they wax aw well ? cos I am thinking of getting a coat of wax on my baby... this weekend I am going to WO. will let ya all know how it went.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Straight outta JERSEY ...

There are 2 in Hoboken (one on Observer and one just off of it)

the one on Observer does a good job ...... i've taken my car there a few times ......

Its dumpy looking inside and small as hell ..... but they do a good job on ur car
Old 02-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pankul
hey TLNJ: do they wax aw well ? cos I am thinking of getting a coat of wax on my baby... this weekend I am going to WO. will let ya all know how it went.
They do. I hope I haven't hyped them up too much, but I think both you and Cosmo Kid will be happy.

Pankul-You wouldn't happen to drive a black TL would you?
Old 02-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Computer Techie Geek

Pankul-You wouldn't happen to drive a black TL would you?
This me Man. DGP Camel w/navi

I live at Liberty Towers @ Exchange Pl
Old 02-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Computer Techie Geek

OK so here is the verdict ...

I actually saw an AD on the weather channel for my local area, for a buble Car wash, all hand wash etc .. so I figure lets see ...

I did like that Car Wash. They did quite a Good job. They are located on 70th and Kennedy Blvd, North Bergen, NJ.

I also opted for a Car Waxing ... esp bcos after a long time it was like 50s today, and all salt needed to just go away away ...

IN all .. even being backed up by Cars like crazy, these people were good. used clean white towels, which saw them changing for almost every car, and throwing them in the dryer/washer in front of you.

P
Old 02-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
West Orange Car Wash
87 Main St.

THEY ARE AMAZING....my friend lives in Lewellen Park and everytime i go to his house im tempted to go there if they are open, livingston car wash is half decent aswell....its just a matter of trust and skilll....and how much u tip em