I Effin Hate Deer!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006 | 08:56 PM
Racer

I Effin Hate Deer!!!!!!

That is all...$2500 worth of damage all because Bambi ran in front of my car(completely unavoidable, it was either hit the deer or swirve into a guard rail)...I need a new hood and a new bumber...Thankgod for good insurance coverage..yes i have pics(for insurance purposes)...of the car..and of the deer...If you can stomache the damage (to both the car and/or the deer, i can post them..)

I actually saw the deer hit the windshield and FLY over the Guard rail......I'm just glad the windshield didn't break and the airbags weren't triggered...

Man, next time i go deer hunting, i'm gonna use a rifle instead of my car...
Old 12-02-2006 | 09:06 PM
2006 TL

OUCH! Poor car, oh yeah, the dear too! lol... How much damage we talking here? Post pics please..
Old 12-02-2006 | 09:07 PM
Registered but harmless

Ouch! Glad you weren't hurt.
At least you can get the A-spec body kit installed now since your TL's bumper is being pulled off anyway.
Old 12-02-2006 | 09:07 PM
Instructor

Morbid curiousity...
Old 12-02-2006 | 09:10 PM
but you can call me Ken.

LOL @ "Bambi"

But seriously, sorry to hear about that accident.
Old 12-02-2006 | 09:16 PM
Drifting

Well good thing is that you actually did hit the deer and it will go on record has comprehensive, rather than collision if you would have avoided the deer. This happened to me when I went to miss a deer and lost control of my SUV. Totalled the SUV and nearly totalled myself.

But glad to see that you are alright.
Old 12-02-2006 | 09:16 PM
Racer

I am sorry to say that it was NOT an adult deer...

wierd thing is, Two days AFTER i hit the deer...I was driving my truck, a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500, club cab, 5.9L V8(Still shines almost as good as the TL) (thank god for a spare vehicle btw..)and two deer dashed across the road luckily they were far enough ahead that i didn't hit any that time...

pics are on the way, just uploading them to photobucket
Old 12-02-2006 | 09:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
Well good thing is that you actually did hit the deer and it will go on record has comprehensive, rather than collision if you would have avoided the deer. This happened to me when I went to miss a deer and lost control of my SUV. Totalled the SUV and nearly totalled myself.

But glad to see that you are alright.

Yea, i have actually been to an MVA as a firefighter where this guy in a VW gti (smaller car then the TL) avoided a deer and hit the curb and it tipped...because it landed on the roof, the roof buckled and he was ok but his car was labeled as totalled...Deer still suck...
Old 12-02-2006 | 09:26 PM
Racer

pics...

Old 12-02-2006 | 09:31 PM
Drifting

gives a new definition to BAM-bi.

glad you were at least ok.
Old 12-02-2006 | 09:35 PM
Drifting

PICTURES!!!

I feel sorry for that deer. But not too much damage done to the car. I guess good thing it was a babyyyy. Well for damage wise, sorry for the deer though
Old 12-02-2006 | 09:35 PM
2006 TL

i always loved that color... hope ur car gets well soon... and as for bambi... shouldve known better than to mess with a TL... lol but seriously, that deer is in the wierdest position...
Old 12-02-2006 | 09:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JoeyASPEC
i always loved that color... hope ur car gets well soon... and as for bambi... shouldve known better than to mess with a TL... lol but seriously, that deer is in the wierdest position...

heres what i remember...I'm driving 40 mph, the legal speed limit on that road, all of the sudden here comes BAM-bi running across the road...can't avoid it so i at least hit the brakes as fast as i could...still hit the deer, watched as the deer rolls over the hood, smacks head on the windshield (i can tell cuz i saw deer saliva...ewe) and watched as this deer FLIES in to the air over the guard rail ...lands next to this tree (although it looks like it scewered itself on a branch) and i guess it broke its neck.....crazy shit...
Old 12-02-2006 | 09:46 PM
Drifting

That is PRETTY graphic. I feel sorry for the deer.
Old 12-02-2006 | 10:09 PM
My dog thinks I'm Elvis!

Were you on broke-neck mountain?
Did you take the dear home and eat it?
Make venison sausage?
How about a dear skin seat cover for your TL?
Don't let PETA find out. They will sue you because it's not deer season!
Great story & photoshop on the dead dear!

And last but not least...
What costs more, beer nuts or deer nuts?

Beer nuts are $1.50...
Dear nuts are under a buck! :gheywave:
Old 12-02-2006 | 10:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SBTL
Make venison sausage?

Beer nuts are $1.50...

WHAT DRUGS ARE YOU ON?!?!?!?! and...Can i get some? LOL thanks for lightening the mood...insurance kicked ass tho...$50 deductable
Old 12-02-2006 | 10:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

aww... that deer looks fat or really bloated, no wonder it couldn't make it to the other side in time
Old 12-02-2006 | 10:58 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by Darknesss_TL
WHAT DRUGS ARE YOU ON?!?!?!?! and...Can i get some? LOL thanks for lightening the mood...insurance kicked ass tho...$50 deductable

Old 12-02-2006 | 11:26 PM
Randy is the Future

LOL bambi LOL
Old 12-02-2006 | 11:40 PM
3rd Gear

Deer and cars don't mix well. The little btards are everywhere these days...... Be thankful it was a car. My last collision with one was on my motorcycle.....
Old 12-03-2006 | 06:35 AM
Registered Member

The most deadly animal in the U.S. is the deer. Almost 200 people a year die from encounters with them. Though beautiful, they are dumb as toilets seats. And they're good to eat.

We kill around a quarter of a million of them here in Virginia (hunting) and we still have over a million running around. Out where I live, you see a lot of them.. living and dead.
Old 12-03-2006 | 08:53 AM
The closet is for wimps

Yes, what most animal rights activists don't seem to realize when they criticize deer hunting is that the available food supply for deer in the winter (around here in WI, anyway) is very limited due to snow covering up almost everything. The deer that are killed through hunting would've almost certainly died a much slower and painful death by starvation/freezing anyway, so it's better they be killed by a hunter's bullet or arrow... and certainly better than hitting someone's car.

.. and I'm not even a hunter.
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:25 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by mu1980
Yes, what most animal rights activists don't seem to realize when they criticize deer hunting is that the available food supply for deer in the winter (around here in WI, anyway) is very limited due to snow covering up almost everything. The deer that are killed through hunting would've almost certainly died a much slower and painful death by starvation/freezing anyway, so it's better they be killed by a hunter's bullet or arrow... and certainly better than hitting someone's car.

.. and I'm not even a hunter.

Deer population control a.k.a. hunting...a more humane way to kill a deer then letting it die a slow agonizing death from starvation...
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:47 AM
Opium den in

Originally Posted by Darknesss_TL
Deer population control a.k.a. hunting...a more humane way to kill a deer then letting it die a slow agonizing death from starvation...
Sorry to hear about the car but no need to bash on the deer... didnt know any better. If someone related to you ran out in front of a train Im sure you wouldnt be calling them the same name as that Chinese girl in 'Hostel.' Im not some animal freak and sorry if I offended you but crap happens just take it for what it is.
Old 12-03-2006 | 11:48 AM
Trucki!!

That bitch would have done been in my freezer. Sorry about your car, but since moving West I miss the deer jerkey I used to get in the Midwest.
Old 12-03-2006 | 12:20 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Did they site you for hunting without a permit??..... Glad your OK..
Old 12-03-2006 | 02:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Final
Sorry to hear about the car but no need to bash on the deer... didnt know any better. If someone related to you ran out in front of a train Im sure you wouldnt be calling them the same name as that Chinese girl in 'Hostel.' Im not some animal freak and sorry if I offended you but crap happens just take it for what it is.

Not a problem, someone has to stick up for the deer..lol I know i "bashed" it enough with the car...verbally bashing it is just because i'm so upset because like many on the forum I have spent many hours maintaining the performance, cleanliness, and shine of the car......that is all...nothing more, nothing less, if this was your car, you may be handling it differently but for others, i'm sure some feel the same way i do about it......and if you're talking about the "Bambi" thing...someone else said it to me and it kinda stuck with me...
Old 12-03-2006 | 02:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by lembowski
That bitch would have done been in my freezer. Sorry about your car, but since moving West I miss the deer jerkey I used to get in the Midwest.

i COULD have taken it but i didn't have room for it in the trunk...with that hit it took..., the meat would have been nice and tender...LOL j.k!!!!!! (just using humor to make the best of a bad situation )
Old 12-03-2006 | 02:51 PM
Subsonic

u could've just tied it to ur hood.... since it already made its "groove".. ahahaha

it'll b a hood ornament... scru benz n their dumbass circle. bambi on the end of a hood is more pimp.

glad u alrite. deer get mezmerized when they see lights... n so they go towards the light.
Old 12-03-2006 | 04:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Teddybear
u could've just tied it to ur hood.... since it already made its "groove".. ahahaha

it'll b a hood ornament... scru benz n their dumbass circle. bambi on the end of a hood is more pimp.

glad u alrite. deer get mezmerized when they see lights... n so they go towards the light.

about the deer get mezmerized by the lights....my dad says i hit the deer cuz my car was so shiny...lol maybe thats a positive thing...
Old 12-03-2006 | 05:22 PM
The closet is for wimps

A deer took out my first car, an 88 Pontiac Sunbird. It was a bright sunny early November afternoon and I was on my way to a friend's house, not a mile from my house (I grew up in a rural area) WHAM! A deer came from the left side of the road and ran right into the side of my car. The driver's side mirror landed in my lap, driver's window shattered (the glass all down my shirt and covering the interior of the car), big bulge in the windshield from the deer's head hitting it. Not unexpectedly, the insurance company totaled it and gave me $2000 for it, which was far more than it was worth.

Why did the deer run and hit my car? Because it was in "the rut"; the mating season/drive. Deer do stupid things when they have sex on the brain. I knew it could see my car because I glanced over shortly before it hit and saw it look right at me.. it ran along side my car for a little while then resumed its quest to get across the road, which was when it hit.
Old 12-03-2006 | 05:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SBTL
Make venison sausage?

Beer nuts are $1.50...
WAY too many smileys in that post, dudesky. j/k.
Old 12-03-2006 | 07:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mu1980
Deer do stupid things when they have sex on the brain.
I think that's a trait all of us mammals share.
Old 12-03-2006 | 08:10 PM
tehLEGOman

I feel your pain.

You should put some canards on your TL so next time the deer comes running along the canards will slice through the legs. I'm waiting for a deer to test me out.
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
I feel your pain.

You should put some canards on your TL so next time the deer comes running along the canards will slice through the legs. I'm waiting for a deer to test me out.
interesting...you can test them out here in Ct...there's plenty... I'm not a big fan of canards on our TL's tho...they don't seem to fit the lines too well but thats just me..
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JohnDoe2

Yea i've waked into cars before after watching a hottie walking parallel to me in the opposite direction....LOL
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:27 PM
Burning Brakes

I absolutly hate dear. they stand in the road like they are stupid. I thin out the heard when they eat our plants, and stand in the yard
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:47 PM
but you can call me Ken.

Originally Posted by sixsixfour
gives a new definition to BAM-bi.
LMFAO
Old 12-04-2006 | 05:35 AM
The closet is for wimps

Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
Perhaps.
Old 12-04-2006 | 10:06 AM
Instructor

Sorry to hear what happaned. After looking at the pictures man that deer really messed it up. Alot more damage than expected, but hey I lived in place where hitting a dear is not really a problem so I dont know any better. I wonder if its Acura desin to make the front end collapse like that to protect the car passangers. If thats the case old model cars should be able to slice right thru them, and get no damage.

You figure after YEARS of seeing spot lights you figure deers will finaly think "hey look there is some light better advoid it" and not " hey look like lets check it out and stand right in front of it" stupid deer.

Quick Reply: I Effin Hate Deer!!!!!!