3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much is this going to cost me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no they arent....look at the slits for the fogs on the furthest edge they are different. ones turned in ones turned out
Old 12-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Safety Car

the type s slits are different from the base they look like this /______\ and \______/
Old 12-26-2008, 01:33 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ac08odl
can you belive the dick head that i hit reported the bump @ 10 mph!!! i told him i would pay to get it fixed, i swear the paint that chiped of his bumper was no longer then an inch wide and a inch high on a fucked up 99 chysler and not only that but his bumper was all fucked up from parkin on the street.. he told me the day off "aahh dont worry about it this car old and the bumper is all messed up... now hes making a big deal and he tells me yeah i want to get it fixed so i called and made a report.. i told him close the claim ill fix it and he tells me okay then he calls back and says when can we fix the bumper by and i say right after new years and he says if you want gimmy 150 and ill get it fixed and i go no ill fix it...... question fellas?????? i only repaint what i did and not his whole bumper?
i told him i would pay to get it fixed

Mistake #1

Dont EVER say that. What happened here is exactly as you say....BUT...he went home and thought about it and became the typical American opportunist (and yes...I am born and raised here) and figured he could profit from it. Fact is....if he would sign a complete release for $150...your insurance company would be bending over backwards to pay up for the signature. Why? Because people like this typically keep thinking...and suddenly have back pains afterwards, ect ect. In other words.....they tend to take it to the max.

Similar if not exact thing you describe in your initial post has happened to me. Bitch was driving a manual transmission car with a broken leg in a brace on her left leg and trying to clutch AND gas with her right. Well...after light turns (turn signal...not going straight) she takes off like a bat out of hell....middle of the turn....suddenly the car slams to a hault with me following behind her around the turn and I hit her. She gets out (with a perfectly good passenger I might add....her boyfriend...good legs and arms...why he wasnt driving I dont know) - scratch that...it was HE that got out first...ran back and looked at the cars and just yelled out and motioned to me....its all good...its almost nothing and started to get back in car to leave without making a report. I get out...my car is duped BAD and I NEED a report for insurance. She hobbles out to look herself....starts to say...lets just exchange info and deal with it later....when thank god a cop pulled up anyway.

Lets just say....afterwards....after having stated clearly that she was fine and that she was trying to get her doctor to sign off on her so she could go back to work right before that....but he wouldnt....suddenly she fained all kinds of back injury and leg injury two days after....and that shitty back bumper now was absolutely perfect beforehand according to her. She told me and the cop that it was already duped? So people are people...and many of them are TOTAL opportunists...which is why you NEVER say ANYTHING at all to them. Just take notes and pictures if you have a camera and collect information. I commit and admit NOTHING in a car wreck....no matter what the circumstance. I would recommend doing to same to anybody and everybody. It can only get you screwed.

And believe it or not....your insurance company would likely pay that guy the $150 just to get him to go away....wouldnt have even questioned it likely....just pushed across a form for him to sign releasing them from any and all further claim on the matter. Would likely have been one of the cheapest claims they dealt with and closed for good all day! And thats what they are about...making money...and to do that...sometimes its best to give a little away to retain more in the long run! lolol

Fact is.....you should be running this through your full coverage policy anyway and letting somebody else deal with it all. Its kind of what you pay for. They are likely to find out eventually anyway through accident reports. At least in my state....when you get a ticket or in a wreck....you are sent or given a form you must have your insurance agent fill out that proves you had coverage during the incident in question. Bam....caught anyway....even if you paid for it yourself. Its still a wreck and your rates will increase.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Wiggy Wiggy Wiggy

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Tripnbeats
for NPB and wdp Ive seen it done....its 3 stage paint...... OEM pearls are 3 stage
Technically speaking no. I use to paint NBP every week, WDP once in awhile. NBP is a 2 stage, most pearls I painted were a 2 stage. Any color could be painted in three stages w/ a ground coat. But as far as classification, most Honda colors codes that end in P, like B-92P (NBP), B-520P (VBP) are considered a 2 stage base/clear.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Safety Car

good to know....i stand corrected....so then why does dude paint it in 3 if he can do it in 2 Im sure theres a reason for it. guy knows his shit too.... hes been on it for over 30 yrs
Old 12-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Wiggy Wiggy Wiggy

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
He is either doing a wet on wet sealer, a clear base orientation coat, or laying a black ground coat. This is more individual method than a color description, these vary by user. So you may see him do 3 different coats, flashing in between, but the first is not considered part of the actual color. The sealer or ground coat is considered an undercoat. Some colors have poor coverage, some parts come primed in the opposite shade of the color being applied, so using a tinted sealer or ground coat is the smart way to go.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:10 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
i told him i would pay to get it fixed

Mistake #1

Dont EVER say that. What happened here is exactly as you say....BUT...he went home and thought about it and became the typical American opportunist (and yes...I am born and raised here) and figured he could profit from it. Fact is....if he would sign a complete release for $150...your insurance company would be bending over backwards to pay up for the signature. Why? Because people like this typically keep thinking...and suddenly have back pains afterwards, ect ect. In other words.....they tend to take it to the max.

Similar if not exact thing you describe in your initial post has happened to me. Bitch was driving a manual transmission car with a broken leg in a brace on her left leg and trying to clutch AND gas with her right. Well...after light turns (turn signal...not going straight) she takes off like a bat out of hell....middle of the turn....suddenly the car slams to a hault with me following behind her around the turn and I hit her. She gets out (with a perfectly good passenger I might add....her boyfriend...good legs and arms...why he wasnt driving I dont know) - scratch that...it was HE that got out first...ran back and looked at the cars and just yelled out and motioned to me....its all good...its almost nothing and started to get back in car to leave without making a report. I get out...my car is duped BAD and I NEED a report for insurance. She hobbles out to look herself....starts to say...lets just exchange info and deal with it later....when thank god a cop pulled up anyway.

Lets just say....afterwards....after having stated clearly that she was fine and that she was trying to get her doctor to sign off on her so she could go back to work right before that....but he wouldnt....suddenly she fained all kinds of back injury and leg injury two days after....and that shitty back bumper now was absolutely perfect beforehand according to her. She told me and the cop that it was already duped? So people are people...and many of them are TOTAL opportunists...which is why you NEVER say ANYTHING at all to them. Just take notes and pictures if you have a camera and collect information. I commit and admit NOTHING in a car wreck....no matter what the circumstance. I would recommend doing to same to anybody and everybody. It can only get you screwed.

And believe it or not....your insurance company would likely pay that guy the $150 just to get him to go away....wouldnt have even questioned it likely....just pushed across a form for him to sign releasing them from any and all further claim on the matter. Would likely have been one of the cheapest claims they dealt with and closed for good all day! And thats what they are about...making money...and to do that...sometimes its best to give a little away to retain more in the long run! lolol

Fact is.....you should be running this through your full coverage policy anyway and letting somebody else deal with it all. Its kind of what you pay for. They are likely to find out eventually anyway through accident reports. At least in my state....when you get a ticket or in a wreck....you are sent or given a form you must have your insurance agent fill out that proves you had coverage during the incident in question. Bam....caught anyway....even if you paid for it yourself. Its still a wreck and your rates will increase.

so should i pay for what i did or the whole bumper?
Old 12-27-2008, 01:14 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats crazy i never knew the bumpers werent the same... i guess type s bumper it is.. does it come with the chrome grill?