3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is Acura of Westchester for service?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question How is Acura of Westchester for service?

how is Acura of Westchester for service
Old 09-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Pro

Question anyone use them?let me know

Originally Posted by acura911
how is Acura of Westchester for service
is this good or bad
Old 09-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I go there for service and they are pretty helpful there.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Mofo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are pretty good, the only complaints I have are that they use the 'Can't replicate the problem' alot, but then again alot of dealership service depts do. The service manager is very nice and allowed me to get loaners even though I didn't buy the car there (its normally their policy to only give loaners to people who bought the car there)
Old 09-18-2006, 01:26 PM
acura-cl.com OG

i have bought parts from them on ebay and they arrive fast and at a good price. never used them for service.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not bad. I just wish the service dept had longer hours. well, at least you can pickup your car til 9pm... (the acura service dept in MN opens til 1 AM Mon-Thur)
Old 09-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by maluskills
They are pretty good, the only complaints I have are that they use the 'Can't replicate the problem' alot, but then again alot of dealership service depts do. The service manager is very nice and allowed me to get loaners even though I didn't buy the car there (its normally their policy to only give loaners to people who bought the car there)
I thought loaners were one of the benefits of Acura ownership when you come in for warranty service regardless if you bought the car at the dealer or not. I have a friend with an Infiniti and when he goes in for service at a dealer he didn't buy the car at, they always give him a loaner.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Originally Posted by dampfnudel
I thought loaners were one of the benefits of Acura ownership when you come in for warranty service regardless if you bought the car at the dealer or not. I have a friend with an Infiniti and when he goes in for service at a dealer he didn't buy the car at, they always give him a loaner.
yeah, that's what I thought too, but Acura of Westchester doesn't think that way. but it really depends on the service advisor.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:27 AM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by enigmaos
yeah, that's what I thought too, but Acura of Westchester doesn't think that way. but it really depends on the service advisor.
The only car company that gives loaner cars across the board is infinity!

Acura typically only does it on a dealer to dealer basis, and the dealer has to buy the cars from corprate, so the dealer usually only gives it out to customers that bought the cars there, so the svc manager is doing you a favor if you did not buy there, but that is his policy to make cars available to anyone if they want to svc thier car there.

I will say that they do go to bat for you, and they were a huge help. Always very profesional, and kept you up on what the status was with the car. I always recomend them to anyone who asks.

Sal is a pretty good svc advisor.

Only thing I would not recomend is the car wash, you should skip the wash, especially if you are a fanatic. If you lease, go for it!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:07 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

^^^
yes, I think all the service advisors, Sal, Jen and Tom are very helpful. I think they know who I am when I go there. I haven't had a need for a loaner for a long time since I just need a ride to the station. their shuttle is a 06 or 07 MDX.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Pro

Question why not a car wash there?

Originally Posted by need4spd
The only car company that gives loaner cars across the board is infinity!

Acura typically only does it on a dealer to dealer basis, and the dealer has to buy the cars from corprate, so the dealer usually only gives it out to customers that bought the cars there, so the svc manager is doing you a favor if you did not buy there, but that is his policy to make cars available to anyone if they want to svc thier car there.

I will say that they do go to bat for you, and they were a huge help. Always very profesional, and kept you up on what the status was with the car. I always recomend them to anyone who asks.

Sal is a pretty good svc advisor.

Only thing I would not recomend is the car wash, you should skip the wash, especially if you are a fanatic. If you lease, go for it!
why not a car wash there?did something happen there before to you?
Old 09-27-2006, 01:25 PM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
why not a car wash there?did something happen there before to you?
Lets just say that I am a swirl fanatic, and I don't let any of the area dealers wash my car (regardless of brand/make) unless I don't care about surface scratches or swirls.

That is why I said if you lease, then have it washed, as most people who lease do not care as much about the finish, as those who do. In general, I don't bring my car to even a hand wash unless it is feezing out, to give more perspective.

The couple of times that they did wash it, no damage was done that couldn't be undone by a quick coat of cleaner wax.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

^^^
yes, I think all the service advisors, Sal, Jen and Tom are very helpful. I think they know who I am when I go there. I haven't had a need for a loaner for a long time since I just need a ride to the station. their shuttle is a 06 or 07 MDX.

yea Sal is a good dude.
I have to take mines in for service next wednesday.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Pro

what do you guy's think a bout the service at Acura of Westchester

good or bad and why what happen there?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Racer

Where is Acura Westchester? I work in White Plains and it may be convenient to check them out....

So far I have only been to Rallye Acura, where I bought my car. But every time I take the car, I have to take a day off from work.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by camporealer
Where is Acura Westchester? I work in White Plains and it may be convenient to check them out....

So far I have only been to Rallye Acura, where I bought my car. But every time I take the car, I have to take a day off from work.
the address is 2155 Palmer Avenue
Larchmont, NY 10538

914-834-2222

you should see sal he's the man.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Racer

A DJ friend of mine said that Sal guy @ Acura of Westchester is a real clueless tool-box.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

I got my two Tl's from there and the service is ok for the most part. I did have an issue a few months ago when I took my car in for an oil change. I asked them not to wash my car and when I went outside to check on it after they were done, one of the workers there took my car to get washed and low and behond when he came back with it, there was a big scratch on the drivers side rear fender. The guy didnt even bother to say anything to me so I went in and pointed it out to them and without hesitation, they gave me a date to bring the car in so they could fix it and they fixed it with no problem. Dennis Maldonado is a real kool guy there.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:31 PM
REDBULL///AMG

take the ride to DCH heart wappinger falls...they are awesome...curry is ok..they are actually replaced my drivers leather seat my hornes and checking my brakes as we speak
Old 08-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Need 4 Speed...

Bought my TL from Acura of Westchester. Car got there 3 weeks before A-Spec kit which I ordered with the car. Was pissed at that. They said they order the kit when they get the car just in case you change your mind or some BS like that. When I took it in for the 3 months free oil change, there was paint chipped from the left front fender and someone fcuk with my custom stereo I had put in. The amp appeared to be ripped of the sub box causing wires to disconnect. They kept car for another 2 days. It went to the body shop then to the stereo place where I had the work done for repairs. The car was only 3 months old!!! That was in July 2005. Now yesterday when I went to pick up my car bc it needed bulbs on the steering wheel replaced and got an oil change since I was there, there was grease foot prints on my brand new mats that I had just ordered from Acura like a month ago. I have the Quartz/gray interior. I flipped out on the service manager. They had 2 guys come over and clean eat mat with carpet cleaner and other stuff. Spent a good 10 min on each mat. And when you get your car washed there, it sometimes comes out dirtier than you dropped it off. They prob don't change the soap in between cars but I told them about it and the service manager made sure the car came out perfect on the outside at least. Guess he didn't look inside. I only do warranty work there. Only second time that they changed my oil ever in 2 years. They also known for playing bumper cars with the cars in the back and the hand wash cars really don't car how your car comes out. They don't hand dry it or get rid of the obvious water marks and streaks.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Juiced_Acura_Kidd
Bought my TL from Acura of Westchester. Car got there 3 weeks before A-Spec kit which I ordered with the car. Was pissed at that. They said they order the kit when they get the car just in case you change your mind or some BS like that. When I took it in for the 3 months free oil change, there was paint chipped from the left front fender and someone fcuk with my custom stereo I had put in. The amp appeared to be ripped of the sub box causing wires to disconnect. They kept car for another 2 days. It went to the body shop then to the stereo place where I had the work done for repairs. The car was only 3 months old!!! That was in July 2005. Now yesterday when I went to pick up my car bc it needed bulbs on the steering wheel replaced and got an oil change since I was there, there was grease foot prints on my brand new mats that I had just ordered from Acura like a month ago. I have the Quartz/gray interior. I flipped out on the service manager. They had 2 guys come over and clean eat mat with carpet cleaner and other stuff. Spent a good 10 min on each mat. And when you get your car washed there, it sometimes comes out dirtier than you dropped it off. They prob don't change the soap in between cars but I told them about it and the service manager made sure the car came out perfect on the outside at least. Guess he didn't look inside. I only do warranty work there. Only second time that they changed my oil ever in 2 years. They also known for playing bumper cars with the cars in the back and the hand wash cars really don't car how your car comes out. They don't hand dry it or get rid of the obvious water marks and streaks.
what do you mean They also known for playing bumper cars with the cars in the back.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

not bad. atleast they are close to Larchmont train station if you work in the city. they have the shuttle service.

anyway, Dennis is new there. Thomas is nice. Sal is ok. Jennifer was nice but no longer there. Those are the four service advisors I have dealt with. Dennis and Thomas are pretty good though I only have dealt with them for regular service, so I can't say how they are when problems arise.

the only thing I don't like about getting the loaners is there is a LONG wait. You might have to call in 2 weeks ahead to schedule for a loaner.

As for Curry, my experience wasn't pleasant just because I look too young (baby face) to drive the car I brought in. so, I felt I wasn't treated the way I should. I didn't get their names. that was the last time there. They are a bit further out from White Plains train station, but they might be close Hartsdale or Scarsdale station.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:57 PM
REDBULL///AMG

i guess he means they are reckless driving them through the lot
Old 08-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by triton3k
yea Sal is a good dude.
I have to take mines in for service next wednesday.
do you still use them for service and did you ever get the rear suspension done from them.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

eh, maybe this and the other acura of westchester thread should be combined.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Pro

eh, maybe this and the other acura of westchester thread should be combined.
yea i know maybe the mods can combined them?sorry about that
Old 08-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

As for Curry, my experience wasn't pleasant just because I look too young (baby face) to drive the car I brought in. so, I felt I wasn't treated the way I should. I didn't get their names. that was the last time there. They are a bit further out from White Plains train station, but they might be close Hartsdale or Scarsdale station.
I forgot to mention, it was 2-3 years ago, so I don't know if their service advisors have changed or not.

I think there are 3-4 people go to Curry for service.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

OT: maybe we should have a Westchester meet.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:09 PM
REDBULL///AMG

hey im down...these is tons of TL's in weschester
Old 08-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

no biggie. it's all good. I was just being an ass. lol
Old 08-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Originally Posted by 06 Acura TL
hey im down...these is tons of TL's in weschester
yeah, tons. I have seen 4-5 hooked up TLs in white plains, but the majority of the TL drivers I have noticed is OLD...

sorry to jack this thread, but anybody care to organize a westchester meet?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

take a look at this: https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/mule-kills-mountain-lion-165747/
Old 08-31-2007, 02:59 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Done. Back on topic please.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:05 AM
Instructor

OP: If you work in White Plains you might want to give Acura of Scarsedale a try. There service has been good every time I have gone their. They are located right on Central Avenue and they do give you shuttle service if they cant give you a loaner.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Need 4 Speed...

Originally Posted by 06 Acura TL
i guess he means they are reckless driving them through the lot
ditto...

Everytime I get my car back from them, I do a full walk around inspection in and out. Service Manager notices I do that so they make sure my car is taken extra good care of.

Loaners take about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to get.

Westchester meet sounds good.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

do you still use them for service and did you ever get the rear suspension done from them.

Yes I still go there for service and no I havent gone to get the rear suspension noise taken care of.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

not bad. atleast they are close to Larchmont train station if you work in the city. they have the shuttle service.

anyway, Dennis is new there. Thomas is nice. Sal is ok. Jennifer was nice but no longer there. Those are the four service advisors I have dealt with. Dennis and Thomas are pretty good though I only have dealt with them for regular service, so I can't say how they are when problems arise.

the only thing I don't like about getting the loaners is there is a LONG wait. You might have to call in 2 weeks ahead to schedule for a loaner.

Yea the wait for the loaners are usually 2 weeks.

I had a similar experience as you did at Curry Acura and thats why I never went back to purchase a car from them.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:56 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Originally Posted by Juiced_Acura_Kidd
ditto...

Everytime I get my car back from them, I do a full walk around inspection in and out. Service Manager notices I do that so they make sure my car is taken extra good care of.

Loaners take about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to get.

Westchester meet sounds good.

when i take my car in for an oil change I usually go saturdays and I always stand right outside watching my cars every move. They all notice me there so they tend to be very careful with it. I always opt for them to not wash my car because as someone stated they dont do a good job at it.

A westchester meet would be dope so lets make it happen.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

OT: for westchester meet, please go here: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...94#post5548394
Old 04-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Student

would any1 recommend to buy a car from this dealer?

Quick Reply: How is Acura of Westchester for service?