3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

holy **** i hope this isnt someone on here

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they took the cars away this morn.....too many people taking pics all night and creating a ton of traffic just to look
Old 08-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by black label
I think it's a factor of the Benz t-boning the TL. Cars are designed with front and rear crumple zones, but when you get hit hard from the side your in trouble.

If you think about it, the side of a car is a wide open hole with the doors bolted in, it just can't handle that much force.
That maybe the best explanation. If that mercedes ran right into the rear or the front of the TL the mercedes driver would be...... *dead*. Same would've happened if the TL was flying down the road and ran right into the side of the mercedes - RIP....

I could imagine with that kind of damage on the TL the Mercedes must've been travelling at 80~ 90 mph.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Intermediate

I cannot even imagine the grief of the Kim's poor daughter right now. May her parents rest in peace and may she somehow find peace too. I can only hope they died quickly and didn't know what happened.
As for Jacob -- I'd like for him to spend a significant time behind bars for the multitude of bad decisions he made. One bad choice? We can all do that. How about:
1.) Taking a friends car w/o permission;
2.) Smoking pot;
3.) Smoking pot and DRIVING;
4.) Speeding;
5.) Passing a car stopped at a red light;
6.) Causing the death of two innocent people.

This kid needs to take part in a public service video that's shown to every kid before they get their license. Show the innocent victims with their family during happy times, the cars after impact, Jacob's jail cell. If nothing else maybe the death of the Kim's can plant a seed in the brain of even just one kid that takes hold and prevents another senseless death.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,017 Likes on 1,515 Posts
I was thinking the same thing j9sstar.

I think his mistake should be a lesson to others.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If only people would pay attention to such a message. Unfortunately too many of us think we're invincible and bad things won't happen to us.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Intermediate

Maybe this horrible accident will convince some of our own members to take it a bit easier on the gas pedal too. Webster's defines an accident as "an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance." Bottom line is that we never know what will happen from moment to moment and there's probably not one person on this board who hasn't done something stupid in their car that could have impacted someone else. Most of us are very lucky. This kid did a lot of stupid things and I seriously hope our criminal justice system will provide the Kim family with the justice that THEY deserve. Nothing can bring back the ones they lost.
Safe travels everyone.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:27 PM
blah

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Sooo sad to see that. May the Kims rest in peace.

I hope that kid gets it hard in jail.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Disturbin' The Peace!

Holy crap! That is so sad. The reporter said there are 4 accidents a week on that corner? Why hasn't the city done something about it?
Old 08-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Originally Posted by LukeaTron
This is exactly why I'm always ranting at the stupid kids on this board who like to brag about the stupid fucking shit they do in their cars. There's a part of your brain that's very active in deciding not to do things (usually stupid things that could have terrible consequences). This part of the brain doesn't do much at all until we are about 25. No one yet knows why this is. We are physically impaired from making good decisions quickly when we are young. If you believe otherwise, you are wrong. You are just another stupid fucking child with not nearly enough experience to handle situation correctly when shit starts going bad.

I hope this kid is an old man before he gets out of prison. Or better yet, he just not survive it. We've got plenty more stupid wastes of life to take his place.

Sadly, with a car like that at 17 years old, my guess is that his parents are loaded enough to buy his freedom.
It's because teens like to show off. Why do you think we blare loud music out of our cars? Why do we put a loud exhaust and nothing else?

Teens like showing off what they've got, in whatever form possible. Subtle is not in our vocabulary.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Disturbin' The Peace!

Originally Posted by j9sstar
I cannot even imagine the grief of the Kim's poor daughter right now. May her parents rest in peace and may she somehow find peace too. I can only hope they died quickly and didn't know what happened.
As for Jacob -- I'd like for him to spend a significant time behind bars for the multitude of bad decisions he made. One bad choice? We can all do that. How about:
1.) Taking a friends car w/o permission;
2.) Smoking pot;
3.) Smoking pot and DRIVING;
4.) Speeding;
5.) Passing a car stopped at a red light;
6.) Causing the death of two innocent people.

This kid needs to take part in a public service video that's shown to every kid before they get their license. Show the innocent victims with their family during happy times, the cars after impact, Jacob's jail cell. If nothing else maybe the death of the Kim's can plant a seed in the brain of even just one kid that takes hold and prevents another senseless death.
I totally agree my friend! They need to know the dangers of driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Maybe we can change the world a little bit at a time.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RIP to the Kims. Hopefully their child can carry on with her life and not be consumed by that horrible day that took her parents away from her.

Stupid 17 year old. When not driving without a license, did it not occur to him that "hey, i should take it easy. I can get into real trouble if i get caught without it." I just don't get it.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fyre Man
It's because teens like to show off. Why do you think we blare loud music out of our cars? Why do we put a loud exhaust and nothing else?

Teens like showing off what they've got, in whatever form possible. Subtle is not in our vocabulary.
Every one likes to show off. That doesn't go away as you get older. You just have different things to brag about like houses and children.

The thing that changes is we stop making such dumb decisions... well the terminally stupid don't but the rest of us get substantially better at it around our mid 20s.

Again, I point out that this is a byproduct of physiological change that occurs in our bodies. It can be counteracted by making decisions more deliberately and slowly. Unfortunately there are a lot of weighty decisions in life that must be made quickly and that little region of brain tissue that doesn't do anything until our mid 20s is a crucial piece of hardware in that process.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:20 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by TeknoKing
For this the city can definitely be blamed, don't those poles have to come off on impact, isn't that the design???
I'm not reading three more pages to see if there has been a response. Usually the manufacturer would be sued; I'm sure the city would be a named Defendant but I'd imagine most of the liability with the pole manufacturer.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:06 PM
black on black 04 TL 6MT

such a sad incident. peace to the family of the victims. it was saddening watching the firemen carry the left quarter panel of the TL away. almost looks like the TL exploded. flippin' crazy...
Old 08-06-2008, 07:12 PM
2011 BMW 335i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lhdz12
Jacob Chupacabra or whatever the hell his name is, will have a long time in his cell to think about his stupidity, even admitted that he smoked pot, I'll tell you another thing....he sure won't be sucking on goats in the pokey, that's for sure....
Old 08-06-2008, 07:40 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by lhdz12
Jacob Chupacabra or whatever the hell his name is, will have a long time in his cell to think about his stupidity, even admitted that he smoked pot, I'll tell you another thing....he sure won't be sucking on goats in the pokey, that's for sure....
One night, bubba his cell mate is gonna ask him if wants to be the husband or the wife. He'll think about it, and likely say "I'll be the husband". Bubba will respond, "OK, get down on your knees and suck your wife's dick".
Old 08-06-2008, 07:48 PM
FOR SALE - BM

Originally Posted by DMZ
One night, bubba his cell mate is gonna ask him if wants to be the husband or the wife. He'll think about it, and likely say "I'll be the husband". Bubba will respond, "OK, get down on your knees and suck your wife's dick".

or toss his salad ...
Old 08-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
It would be fantastic if this were true. There would be no need for jails or even laws if that were the case. The universe would just take care of it all for us.

Sadly, many life long successful ass bags have proven that karma does not pay nearly enough attention.
Hmm, u bring up a good point, but thats not how i think of it.
I believe that laws, jails, etc are part of karma, and even if u dont get punished in this life, u will after its over, in my beliefs.
So yea, im confident karma will rape this kid in the ass.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Race Director

There is a lot of information through these 5 pages of thread can we get a summary of everything we know?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Advanced

RIP kims
Old 08-06-2008, 09:52 PM
ADVANCE.

Man this is a terrible accident. May those two rest in peace.... damn...
Old 08-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Not just another newbie!

Originally Posted by subinf
I'm not reading three more pages to see if there has been a response. Usually the manufacturer would be sued; I'm sure the city would be a named Defendant but I'd imagine most of the liability with the pole manufacturer.

Pay attention. The car did not hit the pole, it was split by the guardrail endcap.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by Evader
Here is a question for those of you who have children. If your child was in the same situation as this boy what would you do.. if anything?

Me personally I'd have to consider feeding her to the wolves and myself too. It's just as much on the parents too regardless of who's car it was. If he was raised with any kind of respect for others this would not have happened.
I've got a 17 yr old and my take on 'out of control' kids is still the parents responsibility.

Every kid is going to push the limits of rules and unless you reinforce the fact that our society runs on rules then the child will potentially become the people who reside in our prisons today.

From the time our son was old enough to understand, we drilled him that there is a positive and negative reward for your actions. To this day, he is drug and alcohol free and is only now considering himself ready to drive.

There's a kid down the street from us that was allowed to run around from the age of 2. He's now in a wheelchair because he was out drinking and the car rolled over on him.

The actions of your child is YOUR responsibility. If you are at your wits end, that's what reform schools or brat camps are for.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:00 AM
ROFLCOPTER!

okay, my TL is a POS... I hope it doesn't split in half while I'm driving around...
Old 08-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Full A-Spec 08 CBP TL-S

I was 17 when I got my first car, a 92 Max in 02. To this day no speeding tickets and the accidents i have had (2 of them) were not involved with speed (one lady switched lanes without looking and hit me , the other lady backed out of a parking spot without looking and hit me), decisions are based on the individual and how you parents bring you up.

Whenever I left my house my mom always told me not to speed and to be careful. To this day now I am 23 and dont live there she still says the same thing to me everyday.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by DMZ
You took a marginal comment and expanded upon it in an unacceptable way. I haven't checked the whole thread for other comments like this, but since yours was brought to my attention by a Bad Post Report, I have to warn you that we would rather keep comments like that out of 3G. Feel free to post them in Ramblings, though.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Members like DMZ know this already. This is what pisses me off the most....

You guys better start reading the rules before you post. We will clean house up in 3G if we have to..
Old 08-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
I would def. clean this thread up, and save it for anyone who is into racing on public roads.

Are there any updates on this kid? I'm assuming he is charged with DWI on pot, reckless driving, not having a license, and possibly 2nd degree murder for slaughtering two innocent people.

The lawyers of his kid though will blame the city (somehow) for not taking care of the shrubbery..

This is somewhat related, I wish they can ban parking of any large vehicle such as SUV or VAN in front of driveways and at all corners... When I pull out of my underground garage, I'm faced with a ridiculous blind spot.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Ryan Christopher

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
The lawyers of his kid though will blame the city (somehow) for not taking care of the shrubbery..
What do the shrubs have to do with it? The kid didn't even slow down for the car in front of him at the red light, but instead went around him and into the intersection. Not having shrubs there would have made no difference at all!

But for other people that drive in that area on a daily basis, I can see how having the shrubs gone would help everyone else. It is still a mute case in this unfortunate accident.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
^ I'm not defending the dumb kid... But it may of given a chance for the TL to see the benz flying out...

I was talking about lawyers, they will do anything to win the case, no matter how immoral an option is.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:49 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Latest Update - Punk Was Only Concerned About the Mercedes

A pot-smoking and pill-popping Queens teen who killed a married couple in a high speed crash was more concerned about his fancy car, prosecutors say. "How is my Mercedes? That was supposed to be my car," Jacob Chubalashvili, 17, told a detective at Jamaica Hospital after learning of the fatalities.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ouple_in_.html
Old 08-07-2008, 07:28 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
^^^^Are you kidding me with that update???? That kid is out to lunch!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:36 PM
2011 BMW 335i

Originally Posted by DMZ
A pot-smoking and pill-popping Queens teen who killed a married couple in a high speed crash was more concerned about his fancy car, prosecutors say. "How is my Mercedes? That was supposed to be my car," Jacob Chubalashvili, 17, told a detective at Jamaica Hospital after learning of the fatalities.

WTF! Are you serious? This is unbelievable, for the kid to be worried about the car and show no remorse for the innocent lives his stupidity and bad judgement took.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by DMZ

Just kill him. He isnt worth anything.

I really hope he gets whats coming to him in jail.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:07 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Tidbits From The Updated Article ...

....For Those of You Didn't Click On the Link To Read It

Lawyer Leonard Ressler said the teen was sent to live with a family friend days before the crash after he fought with his momom and refused to take his anti-psychotic meds.

The Mercedes belonged to the family and Chubalashvili took it without permission, prosecutors said.

Chubalashvili has two other open criminal cases, one for robbing a pre-teen in a playground, and the other for turnstile jumping, prosecutors said.

In the robbery case, Chubalashvili and two pals allegedly attacked a pair of youngsters at a Rego Park playground.

His momom?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Race Director

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this kid.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:14 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by TL2498
Pay attention. The car did not hit the pole, it was split by the guardrail endcap.
Read my post in the appropriate context please. I was responding to someone else's general inquiry.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
this kid does not deserve to live on the face of earth... fk him, how can he not have any sympathy after he killed two innocent people...... people like him needa be shot down.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by DMZ

still can't believe this selfish coniving mother fucker said that... what has this world come to..
Old 08-07-2008, 08:16 PM
A-SpecBlackout

oh man...thats cave me goosebumps...

RIP and God bless those who are suffering

Quick Reply: holy **** i hope this isnt someone on here