Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:23 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn.........that sux....RIP...
Old 08-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This is exactly why I'm always ranting at the stupid kids on this board who like to brag about the stupid fucking shit they do in their cars. There's a part of your brain that's very active in deciding not to do things (usually stupid things that could have terrible consequences). This part of the brain doesn't do much at all until we are about 25. No one yet knows why this is. We are physically impaired from making good decisions quickly when we are young. If you believe otherwise, you are wrong. You are just another stupid fucking child with not nearly enough experience to handle situation correctly when shit starts going bad.

I hope this kid is an old man before he gets out of prison. Or better yet, he just not survive it. We've got plenty more stupid wastes of life to take his place.

Sadly, with a car like that at 17 years old, my guess is that his parents are loaded enough to buy his freedom.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:32 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
That is really sad. Who the hell gives there 17 year old punk ass kid the keys to an AMG Benz???? I noticed in the picture that the Acura was an automatic and not a 6 speed. Talk about being at the wrong place, at the wrong time....
Old 08-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
wow horrible accident r.i.p.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Its MY Car & I Love It!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tragedy.....

My condolences go out to the Kim family. Lets keep their family in our prayers in their time of this un expected loss.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Safety Car

luke that neighborhood is filled with spoiled bitches who take things for granted.....its a shame....and most likely his family will send him to his relatives house or something along the lines after they buy his freedom so hes out of the limelight for some time.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow that is horrible..
Old 08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
J35A8

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The suspect, Jacob Chubalashvili, 17, hurt his neck and back, police said, but never lost consciousness and admitted to officers he had been smoking marijuana, law enforcement sources said.
Chubalashvili, of Forest Hills, was admitted to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in stable condition and has been charged with manslaughter, driving without a license and unauthorized use of vehicle, as he allegedly took a friend's car without permission.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:48 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
wtf god damn.... RIP 2 the dude, the 17yr old kid is gonna get fuked up now
Old 08-05-2008, 06:56 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by LukeaTron
This is exactly why I'm always ranting at the stupid kids on this board who like to brag about the stupid fucking shit they do in their cars. There's a part of your brain that's very active in deciding not to do things (usually stupid things that could have terrible consequences). This part of the brain doesn't do much at all until we are about 25. No one yet knows why this is. We are physically impaired from making good decisions quickly when we are young. If you believe otherwise, you are wrong. You are just another stupid fucking child with not nearly enough experience to handle situation correctly when shit starts going bad.

I hope this kid is an old man before he gets out of prison. Or better yet, he just not survive it. We've got plenty more stupid wastes of life to take his place.

Sadly, with a car like that at 17 years old, my guess is that his parents are loaded enough to buy his freedom.
BINGO LukeaTron!!

You read my mind, verbatim.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:02 PM
2011 BMW 335i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow this is horrible, I also hope that 17 year old gets some serious amount of time in prison. At first I was so shocked as I had never heard of someone getting killed after an accident in a TL. I know its happened before but it was just really shocking to actually see the video and pics of the car. I think someone mentioned this before but I think the reason this was the end result was because of that pole or whatever, had they just been T-boned I think they might have survived, I hope that couple RIP.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
damn when i first saw the pic, i was like 2 TLs? i thought they said it was a TL & a MB.. i cant believe that it was just torn in half (I understand how it can be, its just hard to imagine)

may that couple RIP and my deepest condolences go out to their family
Old 08-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Advanced

WOW!
I know the area, for a few years i would take that road to get to work at 4:30am, there would always be some kid in a Benz or Max wanting to race me in my civic or my CBR. A lot the kids in that area just drive up and down the road for no reason. It was the same when I was in high school there too. It sucks for the family's that were hurt by this.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Instructor

"Prosecutors say the teenager had been smoking marijuana before he drove around a stopped car and through the red light, going twice the legal limit of 30 mph." -WABC

Old 08-05-2008, 08:38 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Shoot the fucker in the head.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 PM
06 6spd TL BAGGED

pictures like that have thought me to never do any kind of crazy speeding anymore.

R.I.P. to the two that has passed away.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Intermediate

zaino is a good product but I don't think you going to bring that TL back with just a couple of coats.....

Basic speed formula.....Distince=speed x 1.5.....meaing at 60 mph you moving at 90 feet per second....At 50 you are traveling 75 feet per second......during daylight reaction time is .5 sec....TL weighs around 3500lbs.....looking at pics speeds of TL had to be in excess of 60mph...meaning he covered probably 300 feet in about 3 seconds...MB driver, being inexperienced probably looked and thought....I have enough time to make it through.....shame it wasn't that genius erased from the Gene pool.......
Old 08-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by fleshy
I agree. Because he felt like getting high and speeding, he took out a family. If those were my parents the police would be protecting him from me.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Totally agree. There was a similar situation here locally and the girl walked with some probation. She was drunk, killed her boyfriend and some other people, parents are rich, and I saw her partying it up a couple months later and having a blast. Unfortunately money can and does buy freedom and I would have to assume this 17yr old will go on with his life guilt free.

One thing I learn as I get older is how little I know and especially how little I knew when I was 17.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Racer

RIP to the two innocent people who died, they will be in my prayers.
I hope the idiot gets what he deserves, one way or another.

I agree to a point.
It also has to do with how the kid was raised, my guess is that seeing as how this 17 year old was driving an AMG, his parents probably made some mistakes. (Giving a 17 year old an AMG?!?! honestly).
Though im 18, I know that I would never do stuff like that, being under the influence of drugs and driving (I read somewhere here the kid was high on pot) I have never touched drugs or alcohol, thats just not how i was raised.
What im trying to say is that you have a valid point, but just because we are under 25, it does not mean we WILL go out and do these kinds of things.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:06 PM
malacanyang palace

the driver of the tl are dead on the spot....
Old 08-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Thats what I'm sayin.
I kept remembering this post throughout the day. I just cant get over it. I cant even imagine what their family must be feeling like.
I hope they will be able to find peace and I hope that kid gets what he deserves.
I hope the sight of the TL in pieces haunts him for the rest of his life.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
R.I.P - and i agree ! do like they do in China, take him out back, on his knees and put one behind the ear. Im so sick of our justice system. We give way to many chances to complete fuck ups. This kid will see a couple months of jail time and will be out free in no time.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drdamian
damn.. i wonder how fast the MB was going in order to cut through that TL like that. Hopefully they went fast and didn't suffer at all.
it stated that he was going twice the speed limit which is 30MPH. the damn 17 year old kid didnt even have a license and just took his parents car out for a drive. im surprised the TL went flying like that though. i thought they were a bit stronger. looks like mercedes cars are tougher.

RIP.

another reason i dont speed.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Safety Car

on abc they said they suspected he was under the influence of drugs.....and twice the speed limit doesnt do damage like that....a hell of a lot more speed is what did it....i drove by the car tonight, its parked by the police station.....it looks like a crumpled up piece of paper =( shook me up for a min
Old 08-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ChrisQ1980
I think any car would have split in half with that kind of impact, and the way it hit the guard rail. The pole didn't fall/break because only half the car hit it at a much slower speed. They really need to do something there with the trees, and stricter speed limits. RIP
Granted under the right conditions anything is possible MB's and other Germans have especially solid structures, and they way a TON. There's a reason why they've been referred to as "tanks" since the beginning of time.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Wow.. I'm shocked!! I really pray that it isn't anyone from the boards and offer my sympathies to the families involved in this tragedy. I hope that kid gets a hefty punishment that but no matter how hefty, you just aren't going to bring back those 2 innocent lives back. Its just horrible.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:25 AM
Instructor

Well the sad and horrible truth of the american justice system is the kid will probably get away with at most only 5 years in prison and a slap on the wrist. My friend was killed by a drunk driver and the woman who killed him basically got a 5 year sentence with a chance for early parole. The shitty part about the whole thing was she said in court she did not regret what she did and showed no remorse whatsoever.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:17 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 08-06-2008, 03:19 AM
DAFRANCHISE69

Im pretty sure a 52 year old man wont be here, that much. lol, he could, but I doubt it. ALot of people have 3G TLs, It is Acuras best selling car.

Man that is a shame. I agree. the Mercedes had to atleast be going 50 plus miles an hour to cause that much damage. What a shame. And I thought Acura Had side curtain airbags. Dang.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:23 AM
Bella Nova

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What a tragedy! I sure hope that lunatic gets what he deserves. Makes me wanna not drive anymore. My prayers go out to the victims and family, RIP.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Racer

10 PM local news said he faces UP TO 15 years in prison...
Old 08-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It's been mentioned in this post before but it's worth repeating. I don't think it matters what car the deceased were in. Based on the speed involved and the point of impact most cars would have ripped in half and no one would have survived. We've all seen plenty of pics of pretty nasty accidents on Azine that people walked away from, but this was just a situation of worst case point of impact........
Old 08-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by FR4NCH1SE
Man that is a shame. I agree. the Mercedes had to atleast be going 50 plus miles an hour to cause that much damage. What a shame. And I thought Acura Had side curtain airbags. Dang.
Obviously we all know our cars have side curtain airbags. Do you really think that an airbag is going to stop the end of a guardrail from splitting a car in half if the metal frame couldn't?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Instructor

http://www.northcountrygazette.org/2.../queens_split/

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08062008...rap_123241.htm

Another two articles about the accident. Truly sad. Apparently the couple have a teenager daughter themselves. My sympathy goes out to all of their family and friends.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
Watched it again on the news....

No trace of alcohol or drugs, meaning, inexperience and cockiness lead the dickhead fly in his AMG... No license.... I don't blame the kid, I blame the parents... My parents would of kicked my ass at 17 if I took anything without their permission... let alone, a 100K car...

The saddest part, the kid will go free, even if charged as an adult... justice system loves $$$, and I figure his parents have lots of it.

I don't know why, but I'm a boring TL-S driver in NYC, as I drive carefully... However, I do see a TL-S in my area, KBP to be exact, who drive like a dick... To this person, one more time I see you cut anyone of like you always do, I promise, 60, 61, and 62 pct will be scanning for your plate.

I wish there were more commercials sponsored by the DMV about reckless driving, and result of them, and of course the consequences for you as the driver.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:46 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
That reminds me of a piece from the final scene in Pulp Fiction, describing what should happen to this punk.

"We've got a Vidual Ante here Honey Bunny"
"SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE"
Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by nim090
10 PM local news said he faces UP TO 15 years in prison...
Let's hope that if the kid is from money, the law is at least upheld and not allowed to bargain to a slap on the hand.

My prayers are with all members of the Kim families.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
To add insult to injury, the victims have a 19 year old daughter (apperently attends Yale) who now is parentless because of this jackass kid... Absoltue tragedy
Old 08-06-2008, 09:01 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
sigh... 17years old driving an amg... I remember when I was 17, I had a redline bmx bike... WTF are the parents thinking

odds are the way NYC is he'll post bail no problem and wont see a cold nasty cell at the island

Quick Reply: holy **** i hope this isnt someone on here