Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help my TL would not start!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help my TL would not start!! :(

I assume everyone who owns a 04' TL knows that sometimes there are problems with the ignition and not being able to start the car on the first try. Well the other day, actually sunday, my TL would not start at all. There were just these clicking noises when I tried to start the engine.
So naturally I assumed that my battery was probably dead, which sucks because I bought my TL during the fall of 03', and it was hard to believe that the battery was dead already. Anyways, I called AAA for a jumpstart and when the service guy came he noticed that the bolt or plugs/wires that connect the battery to the car were caked with lime or this flaky white substance. He commented that if I took the car in for regular services at the dealership (which I do), the dealer service technicians should've been checking them out and keeping them clean (Is this true?). With a jump start the car started up with no problem.
When I try to replace the battery the next day, the service people at some third-party shop that I got to told me that they checked the battery's charge and that it was not dead, but working fine. Now I was really confused, if the battery was fine why wouldn't the car start? Being under the impression that there might be another problem I made an appointment for thursday with my local acura dealership to have it checed out since everything was still under warranty. When I was describing my problem to the service rep. he was confident that the battery was dead, even when I told him that I had the battery checked out. I even told him about the car not always starting on the first try, and how some people on the forum have experienced similar issues. His response to my comments were that he has helped service hundreds of TL's and never heard of any ignition problems; very apatheticly.
What should I do? Does anyone have any thoughts or comments? When I do go to the dealership on thursday, should I stand firm that this issue has nothing to do with the battery being dead and the problem lies somewhere else, if so, I feel that this problem would be hard to replicate when they have it; it's a problem that occurs randomly for me. And if the dealership vehemently insists that the problem lies with the battery. Should I get it replaced there and get over charged for it?