Sponsored by:

HELP: can't decide on TL or G35

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TL_6SPD
Oh yea, I am a child. Look at my profile and see how much of a child I am. lol
Your profile may say you were born in '55 but your writing style screams pimply faced 17-year-old.

Since I have never been to a G35 forum, 6sp could you please answer one question? Are there actually TL owners that come on the G35 forum and pick fights with the G35 owners, sighting useless opinions they claim to be "facts"?
Old 04-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The G35 can be argued the better DRIVING car since it has beaten the TL in every comparison so far.
This is the most ridiculous statement I have heard yet. It is so ambiguous that you could not have possibly been serious. Oh, I just remembered. It is April fools day.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Swat Dude
Your profile may say you were born in '55 but your writing style screams pimply faced 17-year-old.

Since I have never been to a G35 forum, 6sp could you please answer one question? Are there actually TL owners that come on the G35 forum and pick fights with the G35 owners, sighting useless opinions they claim to be "facts"?
Actually, I've seen other brand car owners do that. They just walk all over forums for their own pissing grounds. I like reading the Z forums though cause WRX and STI guys will come in and chatter and well the Z guys can't say too much.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:04 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

This is the most ridiculous statement I have heard yet. It is so ambiguous that you could not have possibly been serious. Oh, I just remembered. It is April fools day.
1sicklex should have said that the G35 is a better sports car than the TL. It handles better and you don't have to deal with that crappy torque-steer. Since C&D, R&T, MT like sports cars more than anything else on the road, are you actually surprised that the G35 wins ALL the comparisons in those magazines? The TL is a better people hauler...more comfy, better stereo etc...

Did anyone notice that even MT liked the looks of the TL better than the G35 sedan. The anthracite is a gorgeous color
Old 04-02-2004, 01:06 AM

Have u driven both? It's clearly obvious. Neither car is bad. But CLEARLY every person who has 1/2 a brain either can tell by driving or reading, the G35 is the better driving one.
G35-based off350Z RWD sports car (that has gotten rave reviews worldwide)
TL-based off 15k Accord rental/family hauler.

The TL is clearly the winner feature wise and luxury wise and looks.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:17 AM
SSM 6MT

I agree with 1SICKLEX. I used to own a G35 6MT Coupe (had to trade it for the TL since we're having a baby in three weeks). The G35 is a serious sports car on the luxury side. The ride is a little harsher than the TL, and has monsterous amounts of torque. That VQ35 engine is something else. The car is well balanced with lots of power. I was a bit suprised to see it had mild understeer. The most fun thing is sliding the rear out on demand due to wheel spin. The things I didn't like were the center console look and function, the orange light theme for the dash/console, uncomfortable seats (took many tries to find a good position that didn't leave my back hurting) and shallow trunk (sedan trunks are spacious though).

The TL has decent power, but it is FWD and you can't slide the rear out on demand. It doesn't have as much torque for stop and go traffic like the G35. However, the seats are fantastic, the instrumentation is gorgeous in blue, stereo blows away any other factory stereo that I've heard (and I'm used to upgrading the deck/speakers/amplifiers after the first week, but haven't touched the TL yet ). The last thing I love over the G35 is the projector HID's. The G35 had reflector HID's and I love projectors much, much more for their cut off pattern and having more "focus" over reflector types.

Before the G35, I used to own an S2000. Now that is one serious sports car!
Old 04-02-2004, 07:12 AM
Banned

There are TL owners on our site, ex TL-S owners I should say. And no they don't cause any problems. We don't here either. I never caused a problem. I gave a good write up of how I felt and put in a few facts about the car that have been out as well in my statement. You tore it apart and started a flame war for no reason at all when no one else was having a problem. You sir have a serious problem. And you trying to say my statements were facts make me laugh when they are on the internet with links I gave as well. Infiniti, best of service, Infiniti, best of resale value, Infiniti G35 also has had MANY rewards, more than most cars, including the TL since it has been out. These are facts.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:13 AM
Banned

Here you go again. He stated a fact and your argueing against it! It is obvious you are biased heavily and blinded by the TL badge. Please go away. Your a embarrassment to the TL community.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:15 AM
Racer

Here you go again. He stated a fact and your argueing against it! It is obvious you are biased heavily and blinded by the TL badge. Please go away. Your a embarrassment to the TL community.
actually, YOU are the embarrassment.

"why do I need 270 hp on a FWD car?"

then......why did you get a CL? why did you need 260 hp on a FWD car? you just insulted the whole acura community.

you obviously have no clue what fact and opinion is.....you need to get your high school degree old fart.

:tflamer:
Old 04-02-2004, 09:19 AM
Racer

That is a sad statement. The CTS is a helluva driving car, I have yet to drive it with the more powerful V-6 so it can only be better. I do not like the styling inside and out but while they have a CTS-V, there is the lame A-SPEC. The CTS is the real deal.

All the cars compared in this thread are very solid and it's a matter of personal preference. The G35 can be argued the better DRIVING car since it has beaten the TL in every comparison so far. But it is not necessarily the BETTER car. Hell, they sell more TLs than G35sedan and coupes.
uh.....CTS-V is a different level.

To me, the CTS is a utter dissappointment.

but thats my opinion.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:21 AM
Racer

yup....and what is a better " driving car? "

i am telling you.....alot of haters in this forum.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Racer

another FACT huh??
Old 04-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by DARK6mt
another FACT huh??
Like the FACT that he can't spell worth a darn.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by RhodeRunner
Like the FACT that he can't spell worth a darn.
hehehe, I am not good at spelling either. :toothless
Old 04-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Racer

hehehe, I am not good at spelling either. :toothless
stop argueing with me!
Old 04-02-2004, 10:25 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by RhodeRunner
stop argueing with me!
oops, so sourry!
Old 04-02-2004, 10:58 AM

yup....and what is a better " driving car? "

i am telling you.....alot of haters in this forum.
Dude, the G35 is a ten best winner and Car of the YEar winner. It is now winning comparisions. Due to it's driving ability. You can overlook things like the interior b/c of it's driving dynamics. Nissan hit the nail on the head with it.

The TL is probably the best driving FWD car ever. Thing is, there are limitations to the design of FWD.

Ever see a FWD Ferrari?
Old 04-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Racer

Dude, the G35 is a ten best winner and Car of the YEar winner. It is now winning comparisions. Due to it's driving ability. You can overlook things like the interior b/c of it's driving dynamics. Nissan hit the nail on the head with it.

The TL is probably the best driving FWD car ever. Thing is, there are limitations to the design of FWD.

Ever see a FWD Ferrari?
see now you are being dumb. of course I wasn't saying that FWD is better driving dynamics.....so stop putting words in my mouth.

anyhow, then since you are so SMART, tell me how G35 beat TL in "every comparison" .......and I am gonna need some facts.

"car of the year" then why isn't everyone buying them?

so RX-8 won engine of the year.....man I am trading my car in tomm!
Old 04-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Banned

see now you are being dumb. of course I wasn't saying that FWD is better driving dynamics.....so stop putting words in my mouth.

anyhow, then since you are so SMART, tell me how G35 beat TL in "every comparison" .......and I am gonna need some facts.

"car of the year" then why isn't everyone buying them?

so RX-8 won engine of the year.....man I am trading my car in tomm!
Seems to me the G35 has hit the highest sales of the year this month, over 1000 units since last year. I think its selling very good.

If you would be smart enough to read, you would understand why it has won. Instead of being blinded. My god we got dumb people on this forum. This forum use to be great before all these new TL owners or should I say a handful of them think its gods gift to the world of automobiles.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:51 AM
Racer

Seems to me the G35 has hit the highest sales of the year this month, over 1000 units since last year. I think its selling very good.

If you would be smart enough to read, you would understand why it has won. Instead of being blinded. My god we got dumb people on this forum. This forum use to be great before all these new TL owners or should I say a handful of them think its gods gift to the world of automobiles.
dumb? I know fact and opinions......YOU DON'T

and if you would do your research.....only thing I ever said about G35, is that the sedan is ugly, and thats what people call opinions. YOU on the other hand, made stuff up in your mind and represented them as facts, who is dumb now?

and I answer all of your questions. YOU DON'T.

Stop Hiding dude.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Banned

dumb? I know fact and opinions......YOU DON'T

and if you would do your research.....only thing I ever said about G35, is that the sedan is ugly, and thats what people call opinions. YOU on the other hand, made stuff up in your mind and represented them as facts, who is dumb now?

and I answer all of your questions. YOU DON'T.

Stop Hiding dude.
No, you don't know fact or opinions. We showed you fact, you deny reading it, so you call it as a opinion. Grow up. lol.

Where did I state anything that was a fact without backing up my info?! I stated things as my opinions and anyone smart enough would know what as my opinion and not. I said things that were fact and I said fact next to it! Please SHOW ME, I am waiting.

You are making a big deal out of nothing. Putting words in our mouths without any evidence that we said anything of the such.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Racer

"My god we got dumb people on this forum. This forum use to be great before all these new TL owners or should I say a handful of them think its gods gift to the world of automobiles."

who's dumb? I can find about 5 typos in the above selection alone.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Racer

FINE.......i will do it for the old head.

"G35 is MUCH faster that TL from stop"

Please provide a factual link.

"G35 has NO known problems"

That is all for now. I did my part. Now do YOURS.

Rhoderunner - this guy serious??? :smackhead
Old 04-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Banned

FINE.......i will do it for the old head.

"G35 is MUCH faster that TL from stop"

"G35 has NO known problems"

That is all for now. I did my part. Now do YOURS.

Rhoderunner - this guy serious??? :smackhead

Where did I say that was a fact? But every test overall shows it a bit faster than the TL.

G35 doesn't have hardly any problems at all! NONE! You don't see people complaining about known issues on the forums like they do here. Just go read.

You still haven't proven anything,. :lol1:
Old 04-02-2004, 12:30 PM
Safety Car

this isn't the first year for the G35 is it? i don't want to add fuel to the flame but just wanted to know whether their first production year quality. I've noticed all first year cars have problems. I think the problems the car have are minor and is very good for a first year car. maybe i am wrong, the G35 could very well be perfect from the start.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:40 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by caball88
this isn't the first year for the G35 is it? i don't want to add fuel to the flame but just wanted to know whether their first production year quality. I've noticed all first year cars have problems. I think the problems the car have are minor and is very good for a first year car. maybe i am wrong, the G35 could very well be perfect from the start.
It had 6-speed tranny problems which have been fixed. The G35 has also had premature brake wear problems on the non-brembo kind however, Infiniti is replacing any brake pad within 36,000 miles (even if you went to the track!). No questions asked...speaks volumes of how Infiniti really takes care of their customers

Infiniti doesn't seem to suffer too much from rattle problems (very few complaints from the posters) and their auto trannies are proving to be very strong. Some are getting 350hp to the wheels (FI) and their autos are doing okay (but we'll see in the long run). Auto trannies are much stronger in RWD applications anyway.

The TL really doesn't have all that many problems either. The tire situation was fixed and vibration seems to affect certain cars. The 6-speed on the TL is probably better than the G35 and I like the looks better than the G35s (but the coupe is a looker). If I decide on the TL over the coupe (practicality reasons) it would be auto so I will wait to see if any of them bust. There are some strong indications that the G35 may get a 20 hp bump for both sedan and coupe and coupled with the interior upgrade might make me change my mind. It will be announced at the NY auto show...I can't wait.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Racer

uh....yeah SURE.

I guess you are NOW telling me its "opinion"?

You can tell if somthing is a fact or opinion by the sentence.

English is not my first language but I can tell when someone is telling me a fact and opinions.

It usually start with "I think" or IMO, but NOT "G35 is MUCH faster than TL from stop."

Please take my advice and go back to school.

ANYHOW, this doesn't prove anything and another thread hijacked. No pointing fingers I think G35 is a great sports car, otherwise I would have never considered them.

BUT, it makes me laugh my ass off when I see G35 drivers think they got themselves an M3.....HAHAHAHAHA

(does this piss you off? well this is the things that you say)

PEace!!!
Old 04-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Banned

uh....yeah SURE.

I guess you are NOW telling me its "opinion"?

You can tell if somthing is a fact or opinion by the sentence.

English is not my first language but I can tell when someone is telling me a fact and opinions.

It usually start with "I think" or IMO, but NOT "G35 is MUCH faster than TL from stop."

Please take my advice and go back to school.

ANYHOW, this doesn't prove anything and another thread hijacked. No pointing fingers I think G35 is a great sports car, otherwise I would have never considered them.

BUT, it makes me laugh my ass off when I see G35 drivers think they got themselves an M3.....HAHAHAHAHA

(does this piss you off? well this is the things that you say)

PEace!!!
Too bad I went to plenty of school. Even got a Masters Degree. But I don't downgrade myself to your level of IQ. LOL M3, seems to me thats your way of thinking about the TL.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
In regards to some of the comments made about the G35.

Yes, they did have brake problems, and they have done a nice job addressing it. But the brakes are still very "grabby", and it irritates the crap out of me (you adjust to it, but it's still there).

They do have some rattles - mostly some cables in the doors. I figured out how to fix it on my car, and did so myself. With 23,000 miles, my car has not been in the shop for anything.

The transmission in the G is actually the same one in the Q45, so it is Hell for strong in the 3.5 application.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by EZZ
It had 6-speed tranny problems which have been fixed. The G35 has also had premature brake wear problems on the non-brembo kind however, Infiniti is replacing any brake pad within 36,000 miles (even if you went to the track!). No questions asked...speaks volumes of how Infiniti really takes care of their customers

Infiniti doesn't seem to suffer too much from rattle problems (very few complaints from the posters) and their auto trannies are proving to be very strong. Some are getting 350hp to the wheels (FI) and their autos are doing okay (but we'll see in the long run). Auto trannies are much stronger in RWD applications anyway.

The TL really doesn't have all that many problems either. The tire situation was fixed and vibration seems to affect certain cars. The 6-speed on the TL is probably better than the G35 and I like the looks better than the G35s (but the coupe is a looker). If I decide on the TL over the coupe (practicality reasons) it would be auto so I will wait to see if any of them bust. There are some strong indications that the G35 may get a 20 hp bump for both sedan and coupe and coupled with the interior upgrade might make me change my mind. It will be announced at the NY auto show...I can't wait.
I agree. The only statement I make is that I liked the TL better than G35s. The coupe is on nice looking ride! It never fails to make me look twice. The sedans are everywhere probably because coupe is a bit more expensive.

I don't think sedan is most ugly car in the world, I just feel that if I have the sedan, and I am next to a coupe.......the remorse will kill me.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Racer

Too bad I went to plenty of school. Even got a Masters Degree. But I don't downgrade myself to your level of IQ. LOL M3, seems to me thats your way of thinking about the TL.
NO I DON'T FABRICATE STUFF LIKE YOU.

MY FRIEND HAS G35 AND HE LAUGHED AT THIS HIMSELF.

I CAN FIND A LINK FOR YOU IF YOU WANT.

the way i like my TL? of course I like my car.....BUT of course you like to put things as if I said it.....even though I was saying somthing else, I never compared to M3......

I am gonna end this now. I guess this has gone out of control. I read all the post and think this is too stupid to keep continuing it.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:09 PM
Instructor

In my opinion, the TL is a better entry level luxury car. Quality and amenities are more present, the stereo is far superior.. etc. The TL is better at accomplishing what an entry level luxury car is. The G35 is more of an entry level sports car with some luxury features. Where the TL doesn't quite reach GS430 or 545i standards in luxury and quality, it strives to get close with an imposing touch of sport and performance.

The G35 does not reach the level of sport and performance offered in the Subaru STI, Lancer EVO, or S2000, but it strives to get close with an imposing touch of luxury and quality.

It comes down to whether you want a car trying to be more luxurious, with some serious sporting abilities, or if you want a car trying to be more sporty, with some not so serious luxury comforts.

I chose the TL because if I was really after all the sport, I'd get myself an STI. It's cheaper and blows both cars away. The G35 isn't well equipped enough for me to give up the extreme level of sport for the mediocre luxury.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:30 PM
Banned

NO I DON'T FABRICATE STUFF LIKE YOU.

MY FRIEND HAS G35 AND HE LAUGHED AT THIS HIMSELF.

I CAN FIND A LINK FOR YOU IF YOU WANT.

the way i like my TL? of course I like my car.....BUT of course you like to put things as if I said it.....even though I was saying somthing else, I never compared to M3......

I am gonna end this now. I guess this has gone out of control. I read all the post and think this is too stupid to keep continuing it.

Hmmm werd.... You do the same thing, put words in my mouth. lol

Out of control because of you and Swat. It was obvious.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:35 PM
Racer

Hmmm werd.... You do the same thing, put words in my mouth. lol

Out of control because of you and Swat. It was obvious.

SWAT had nothing to do with this.

ITs your immature ass trying to make fake ass claims.

I told you this is over, if you want to go on, lets settle it outside of this forum.

Old 04-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Drifting

ohhh fight at the playground after school. I'm so there.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mobilezen
ohhh fight at the playground after school. I'm so there.

HEY HEY HEY!!! HE's out of school. HE's a "master"

:bowdown:
Old 04-02-2004, 01:54 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

I agree. The only statement I make is that I liked the TL better than G35s. The coupe is on nice looking ride! It never fails to make me look twice. The sedans are everywhere probably because coupe is a bit more expensive.

I don't think sedan is most ugly car in the world, I just feel that if I have the sedan, and I am next to a coupe.......the remorse will kill me.
This is exactly what my friend told me when I was considering the G35s. He said I would soooo regret it if I had to compromise by not buying the coupe. If the coupe had suicide doors, and a bigger trunk, I'd be a happy man.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Banned

I told you this is over, if you want to go on, lets settle it outside of this forum.

Old 04-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Banned

Yawn, what fake claims? lol
Old 04-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Racer

Yawn, what fake claims? lol
OLD HEAD, LETS FORGET IT. THIS IS SUCH A WASTE OF MY TIME.

YOU LIKE YOUR CAR, I LIKE MY CAR.

NO MORE TALKING CRAP ABOUT EACH OTHERS CAR.

if you agree say yes.

Quick Reply: HELP: can't decide on TL or G35