Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headrest TV's

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 12:51 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Headrest TV's

So, I am interested in putting two headrest tv's in my TL...i was looking for some suggestions from people within this forum....i want the covering of the tv's to be black since my interior is black...what size would be optimal? what brand? is it worth going with the "cheaper" brands such as pyle and audiovox, etc...? any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks...
Old 12-01-2003, 12:59 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy a mini-van for that. Otherwise I suggest getting the one that hangs on the back of the seat.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:26 PM
Instructor

(unless you've got kids) people who put headrest tv's in their cars are usually just out to show off, it's better to put that money into other things such as rims, sound systerm, springs, clear bra, etc ..... But everyone to their own.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:33 PM
Drifting

Jinen, T.V.'s in the headrest are a wonderful luxury to have and it doesn't mean your showing off. I travel alot with friends and they bring their portable DVD to watch movies when things get boring. So last week I got a quote for $1500 to have three Clarion (I prefer not to go with the normal Audiovox etc. with the electronics end of my car) Anyway, for $1500 out the door 3-6.5" Clarion monitors, one in the passenger visor and the other two in the headrest with DVD and video game capabilities. Just my two cents but I can't wait to get it in at the end of this month.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:17 PM
Pro

well let me tell you WHY i want to get headrest tv's...i have a passion in "hooking up cars"...i don't like to over do it to make my car look like a hooptie car...i like to add additional gadgets in my car to make it unique....let's say that if my car was standing next to urs...i want mine to LOOK BETTER and HAVE BETTER THINGS IN IT than your car...simple as that...i do not like to have the "same" car as all the other 04 TL's....and who said that i don't plan on putting springs and rims in my car? did i say that i am going to spend $$$ on the tv's and nothing for rims? so i wouldn't assume anything if i were u.... ....i do plan on putting rims on it, but rims are usually more expensive than tv's, so i thought i might as well put tv's in there first...springs, i will put them on, once H&R / Comptech / Eibach have part numbers for it...and once i hear from other people which one is better then i will definitely have those put in...basically it all comes down to this...I HAVE A PASSION FOR HOOKING UP MY CAR IN A SUBTLE DECENT WAY AND IN DOING SO, I WILL MAKE MY 04 TL BETTER THAN URS...
Old 12-01-2003, 03:37 PM
SSH
Advanced

Originally posted by Type S Lady
Jinen, T.V.'s in the headrest are a wonderful luxury to have and it doesn't mean your showing off. I travel alot with friends and they bring their portable DVD to watch movies when things get boring. So last week I got a quote for $1500 to have three Clarion (I prefer not to go with the normal Audiovox etc. with the electronics end of my car) Anyway, for $1500 out the door 3-6.5" Clarion monitors, one in the passenger visor and the other two in the headrest with DVD and video game capabilities. Just my two cents but I can't wait to get it in at the end of this month.
Well said!

Believe it or not there are people out there (like myself) that have kids but don't want to come within 10 feet of a minivan. Being able to put a DVD player in the back seat for the kids is great.

Do you know where the installer is going to put the DVD deck?
Old 12-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Jinen
well let me tell you WHY i want to get headrest tv's...i have a passion in "hooking up cars"...i don't like to over do it to make my car look like a hooptie car...i like to add additional gadgets in my car to make it unique....let's say that if my car was standing next to urs...i want mine to LOOK BETTER and HAVE BETTER THINGS IN IT than your car...simple as that...i do not like to have the "same" car as all the other 04 TL's....and who said that i don't plan on putting springs and rims in my car? did i say that i am going to spend $$$ on the tv's and nothing for rims? so i wouldn't assume anything if i were u.... ....i do plan on putting rims on it, but rims are usually more expensive than tv's, so i thought i might as well put tv's in there first...springs, i will put them on, once H&R / Comptech / Eibach have part numbers for it...and once i hear from other people which one is better then i will definitely have those put in...basically it all comes down to this...I HAVE A PASSION FOR HOOKING UP MY CAR IN A SUBTLE DECENT WAY AND IN DOING SO, I WILL MAKE MY 04 TL BETTER THAN URS...
Why not add a hot tub and dance floor while you are at it. Then maybe save some more allowance money and put a jet engine and a wing on it, to really make it different than my TL.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:14 PM
Pro

elbodude...i don't get it...are u trying to be funny/humorous? becuase what you say REALLY isn't funny...however if it would make you happy that i laugh then i will...and i don't get allowance money...i have a job from which i will be paying off the TL by myself...and all the additional accessories that i plan on getting...and another thing, if you are going to retaliate then make sure you "think" before you do so...because when you say stupid things such as a dance floor and hot tubs, you are only making a fool of yourself...keep that in mind...
Old 12-01-2003, 06:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

jinen, if you want to make your car unique do what i have done with 2 cars and plan on doing to my 04 tl by the end of the year. get custom leather man. but as for the monitors in the headrest, i've been quoted for $2100 for 5 monitors. 2 in the visors, 2 in the headrests and one in trunk (great for tailgate parties).
Old 12-01-2003, 06:57 PM
Pro

adam209....no see i don't want to put that many tv's in the car...becuase in my opinion, it looks really horrible...that's why i want two simple tv's in the headrests only...i don't like to see tv's in the visors...personally, i think that's over doing it...so for me, two tv's in the headrest and an xbox in the trunk and with the ski rack, i can open that area up if i want to change movies...ya i know it only works when two people sit in the back...becuase with three people, it will be difficult to open the ski rack area...this is all just a plan...i am sure i might run into a few problems as i install them...for example, the LUMBAR on the driver side seat...if i pass the wire through the seat, i am not sure whether it will be a problem or not...see i plan on doing the installation myself, so my only cost will be the tv's...which i can probably get around 700-800 for two tv's...i already have the xbox...and maybe a few extra bucks for the wiring...i will see though...i am planning to do all this in feburary of next year...once it's done, i will take pics and post it up so people who WANT to see it can take a look at it...
Old 12-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up

Jinen, I feel ya man. I like having a unique car too. Don't want to be like everyone else. That's one reason why I'm looking at the Acura because these cars like Hondas are known to have several mod possibilities!

From what I understand, Clarion would be the best route. Either that or Pioneer. Neither should steer you wrong but I'd go with the Clarion if you want the best.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Pro

thanks ajbiggie...i will look into clarion and see what models they have...becuase i really want good clear ones...becuase i've seen a bunch of tv's before but they are pretty blurry and i don't want that...but thanks once again for your recommendation, i will do some research on clarion and see what types of products they have...
Old 12-01-2003, 07:18 PM
Advanced

Let me know how it turns out. I plan on adding some myself when I get my car. (Gotta decide on the color I want Red or Black) Make sure you post some pictures.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:59 PM
03 TLS -> 06 Anth Navi MT

Lightbulb

Jinen, just a suggestion. Use paragraphs for long posts.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Ragin
Jinen, just a suggestion. Use paragraphs for long posts.
LOL! The grammar police have arrived. Just kidding.. Actually I completely agree with Ragin on this one. I get dizzy reading those run-on paragraphs.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:39 PM
Pro

lol...i have a tendency to separate my sentences with "...." when i am posting on this forum or writing emails, but i do appreciate the advice and will try to posts paragraphs lol...
Old 12-01-2003, 11:33 PM
03 TLS -> 06 Anth Navi MT

Well, looks like I've officially hijacked this thread. I'm glad nobody was offended and the flame throwers were held at bay.

Back on topic... My wife amazingly dragged me out of bed at 5:00 AM to do the Day-After-Thanksgiving shopping. One item we ended up with was a portable 6.5 inch DVD player for $150. Forget waiting until Xmas. We just had to use it on the long 6 hour trip home. It worked very well. Kids didn't make a peep.

Hmmm, now if we can only hack the Navi
Old 12-01-2003, 11:45 PM
Does anyone read this

Originally posted by Ragin
Hmmm, now if we can only hack the Navi
Your wish has been answered my friend.

http://www.avelectronic.com/products.htm