Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the TL, sort of

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got the TL, sort of

Alright, we are going in tommrow to finalize it but they met us right where we wanted it. My dad said he was not gonna do this over the phone so we drove out to the dealer. The guy does the whole(will you drive out tonight for this price....) my dad goes no way, maybe tommorow. What are you willing to spend, we want 34,4XX. Dad: Way out of my ball park. Dealer: fine, what are you willing to pay. Dad:32,500 Dealer: I doubt it will be that low, let me check. 30 seconds later(leterally) Dealer: Alright I'll be here tommoro. Dadk, I'll proably see you than. After leaving my dad said we will get it tommorow. Today this all took 20 minutes, if that. After we get the car I will credit our sales man. It looks like everything, all the financing and possible trade will take an hour or so tommrow. Thanks to everyone here. By the way, with my loyalty, its navi. When we get it I'll post pics.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Alright, another question. If we work in the trade in as part of the deal(to save 1k) and we don't yet have the title, but get all the other financing stuff in order, will they let us leave that day with the car and finish the ford trade in the following week?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Instructor

I knew AoB would go for $32,500 - gave me the same deal in a heartbeat 3 weeks ago. I'm guessing they're behind quota with 06s coming in a few months....

Not sure what to say about the trade w/no title....
Old 07-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymjb
Alright, another question. If we work in the trade in as part of the deal(to save 1k) and we don't yet have the title, but get all the other financing stuff in order, will they let us leave that day with the car and finish the ford trade in the following week?
yes it solely depends on the dealer usually where i worked this would have been no problem, after they are assured that what you saying is correct, ie the Title will be theres after the buyout ammount is paid, i think you'll have your TL tommorow, u can save some money when at the last moment u take out thr trade in and sell it privately, after committing the dealer to a selling price. well good luck.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Boondocks fanatic.....

Congrats man!! Hopefully everything will run smooth so that you can post pics of the new ride in the family!
Old 07-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Suzuka Master

I was surprised they bit, especially without asking if we went to any other dealers. They gave us this price even after we said we would not be walking, or rather driving, out with the new car that night. My dad was pissed at me cause I told him to go after 32,800, now he thinks he may have been able to get it for 31,800, although he is happy with the deal we got. The best part, he wants Anth Eb navi too. My folks want the 6mt, but they feel they are too distracted at this point in life ;(. Hopefully we will be going to my uncles cape house this weekend(he has strangly, recently aquired some extra houses from the in laws), which will give the car a chance to get past that break in period. Thanks everyone for the help, and I will keep you all posted.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:31 AM
To punish and enslave

Have fun. I still say you shouldv'e waited for 06 though. but
Old 07-15-2005, 02:14 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Hey Crazy,
Since you now know someone got the same price without too much hassle (lumpydog - man what a picture his nick conjures up), press them for some nice options that you might like. for instance the all weather mats or rain deflectors. That can make a few hundred dollars dif. Also ask them to throw in a few services touch up paint and body side moldings if you like them. In Canada our first two dealer services are included with the car.

Don't let your dad get sucked into the undercoating and sealant and extended warranty. Tell him to get some Zaino and a clay package and let you give it the love.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Mass. gets some bad weather? Think snows.
That makes me wonder if you can you use 16" wheels on the 5AT ? Higher profiles are better if you slide into things on ice. Better the tires take a beating than the wheels and suspension.

Since this will be your first car I want to caution you that it is not the easiest of cars to drive. Learning your boundaries and where the blind spots are will help allot. Oh ya, and remember curbing a wheel can be expensive.

Best of luck. don't go too crazy.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:05 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
crazymjb

What is the legal driving age in Mass?
Old 07-15-2005, 06:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Sorry, this car is mainly my parents, I get it when they get the 4th gen. Its 16.5, I get my permit mid winter. We are getting the all season mats and mud guards, and possibly the rock blocker(it was relativly visable as they had it set up on an RL). We are getting snow tires but probably on the same rims, or if I can convince them to get Aspecs for the other tires I can switch out the wheels during the winter myself(I have a tire gun, although I need a torque stick). I didn't wait for the 06 because we needed a new car NOW, and the dealer said he saw no reason why they would put awd on the 06 as they just redid the line. As far as rattles and problems this is a late model 05, so it should be a lot more rattle free than the early 04s, however my mother said she doesnt mind and that as long as it's fixable under warrenty its ok.

Would getting on the phone with the bank to verify(the documents need to be mailed, the bank with them is an hour or so away) to the dealer be enough to assure them?
Old 07-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Sorry, this car is mainly my parents, I get it when they get the 4th gen. Its 16.5, I get my permit mid winter. We are getting the all season mats and mud guards, and possibly the rock blocker(it was relativly visable as they had it set up on an RL). We are getting snow tires but probably on the same rims, or if I can convince them to get Aspecs for the other tires I can switch out the wheels during the winter myself(I have a tire gun, although I need a torque stick). I didn't wait for the 06 because we needed a new car NOW, and the dealer said he saw no reason why they would put awd on the 06 as they just redid the line. As far as rattles and problems this is a late model 05, so it should be a lot more rattle free than the early 04s, however my mother said she doesnt mind and that as long as it's fixable under warrenty its ok.

Would getting on the phone with the bank to verify(the documents need to be mailed, the bank with them is an hour or so away) to the dealer be enough to assure them?
Dont forget to post pics!!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Congrads Crazy,

Glad to see another success story at AoB. I paid a smidge more than you over a year ago when they first came out. So who was your salesperson? Life most here have said, skip the rust and tire protection plans. They are absolutely not worth it. They never pushed anything on me when I sealed the deal either. So what color combo did you guys get? Enjoy!

dsc888
Old 07-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Awesome, I know you've been waiting long enough! I have to wait another year!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Suzuka Master

MORE WAITING, we bought it today, finalized around 12:30. We got the all season mats and my dads traded ford cost exactly the same(give or take 50 bucsk) as the rock gaurd, or autobahn thingie so we got that. Anthracite, ebony, 5at, navigation. My mom really wanted black but my father and I convinced her it was too hard to keep clean. All said and done, tax and title and those accesories(along with trade in) it was 34,4XX(dunno exactly) and we get our first service free. Our sales guy was Fahad, and I guess he did well, cause he instantly gave us 32,500. Since our car wont be ready until tuesday, could we have gotten a loaner?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool enjoy the TL, and post pics.........
Old 07-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Instructor

MORE WAITING, we bought it today, finalized around 12:30. We got the all season mats and my dads traded ford cost exactly the same(give or take 50 bucsk) as the rock gaurd, or autobahn thingie so we got that. Anthracite, ebony, 5at, navigation. My mom really wanted black but my father and I convinced her it was too hard to keep clean. All said and done, tax and title and those accesories(along with trade in) it was 34,4XX(dunno exactly) and we get our first service free. Our sales guy was Fahad, and I guess he did well, cause he instantly gave us 32,500. Since our car wont be ready until tuesday, could we have gotten a loaner?
No, they wouldn't have given you a loaner. The same thing happened to us when we got ours, but you should still have your trade in until tuesday.

Congrats on the car!

Oh yeah, by the way:
Old 07-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Instructor

of course they could have given you, remember there are no rules, the show is run by the Manager, its all upto him, they have given loaners for 10 days at times, but again don,t kill your salesman, or the store, may be that store does not oblige, its all individual Manager dependent.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Suzuka Master

My dad needs some parting time with the taurus, LOL. For the 600 they gave him he was seriosly considering entering it in a demolition durby(I doubt hes even ever done bumper cars). They wanted 350 for a tire and rim warrenty but I told my mother to say no. I think that was the right choice cause A, I can get the Aspec Rims for 918, B, the city is liable for pot whole damage, and C, I dont want a fricken warrenty on the EL42s, we are dumping them as soon as they bald. My goal is to get my folks to get snow tires on the original rims and nice road tires with aspec rims, although since a house this is the most they have ever spent, so its gonna take a little while to even get a bluetooth phone. BTW, my mom said if their isnt too much snow I can learn in the TL, but not unaccompanied .

Why does it take so long to prep a car that is already on the lot?

It's a little late to ask this, but about the rattles: If they do occur they are just interior paneling and parts, not the actual major suspension and drivetrain components or undercarraige, that is very well put together, correct?
Old 07-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Instructor

ill be in to pick it up tomorrow. hopefully all goes well. white/parchment :P im going to demand 32000 for navi with no options before TTL. it should be easy to get. my coworker go 32900 with options back in april and my uncles friend got 32000 with navi before TTL
Old 07-16-2005, 06:28 AM
Cruisin'

Might depend on how many other cars are in line for delivery to other customers. The rock blocker/autobahnd requires that the installer come into the dealership to apply it.

It will be worth the wait once you pick it up. I waited almost 2 weeks for all the ASPEC components to come in and get installed.

As for driving in the snow. My 2000 TL was great and I expect the 05 to be the same.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Instructor

they were offering me 32555, but i said no. i am waiting for 32000 with navi and no options.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Suzuka Master

They wouldnt have gone that low for us. In fact after we asked 32,500 the guy said that he will not go a penny lower, and he was done negotiating. We thought that price was fair so we took it.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Drifting

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts

[Sarcasm]Because the cars are not assembled at the dealer. They are assembled at a plant and delivered to the dealership.[/Sarcasm]. The dealer will not immediately inspect and check every car that comes on the lot right away, they wait till they are sold. They have to go over the car and check everything to make sure its ok before they give it to you.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

About *** damn time, by now you should know about every single detail with the car, which is not so fun but enjoy your future ride
Old 07-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Before we leave with it we will prolly give the salesman a ride, just to make sure there is nothing wrong. After my folks paid up, I told them about the interior rattles that may occur, and to my surprise they basically said so what, its under warrenty, all new cars have their quirks. To me that was a WOW since the most expensive car they have ever owned is a 23k minivan.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Instructor

Crazy:

Glad to hear you got the TL - your post-count shows a long wait.

First - great choice of color! My neighbors have 2 black cars... they stopped by while I was washing my Anth TL on Friday and lamented that they will never own a black car again - the husband said his next car will be the same gray (ponting to mine).

Let me know what you think about the 3m Rock Guard. I did not get it but am considering it...

Re: Taking so long to deliver - others have mentioned the reasons... as a recent purchaser, I'll echo them. When I took delivery, the pre-delivery checklist in my service manual had been completed by the dealership. It was a LONG list of items to check off. Give them the time to do it right! Also - when I called in to inquire about the 3M rock guard, they said they needed 24 business hours notice to arrange for the installer to come to the dealership. They'll call your installer on Saturday (if he's open for biz) or Monday to arrange for the Tuesday install.

Also - nice work stearing your folks away from the Tire/Rim protection kit. Your TL wont come with the EL42s - the TL's w/Nave come with a different (slightly better?) tire - but they're still not worth insuring....
Old 07-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Picked it up today, here are the two best pics i currently have(sorry they are a little blury, some other time I will use a tripod. Runs fine, there is some hair line scratch on the trunk but its not noticable unless you look hard, the rest of the car seems to be in perfect condition, not rattles, no loose stuff. At idle there is a little vibration, but no more than any other of our cars.

Quick question, my mom brought the car to just above vtec, in auto, the dealer said the only thing to avoid was continuous speed and hard braking. We will try not to drive it hard the first few miles but one or two revs now and then wont do anything, will it?
Old 07-19-2005, 05:13 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

where are the plastic engine covers???
Old 07-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Safety Car

congrats crazymjb finally got the car after lurking here all this time eh. why did you remove all the engine plastic cover pieces? having the car go past vtec will not do it any harm. just avoid hard acceleration and hard braking.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Racer

crazymjb: Congratulations and enjoy the "luxery" of your new TL. There will be a quiz in the morning on Chapters 1 through 5 of the Owner's Manual.

Time to change your signature!
Old 07-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Congrats crazymjb!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 05:58 PM
To punish and enslave

You think this is happy? Wait until you break it in. Good Luck!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Instructor

Wohoo! I remember when I was 15 and my old man brought home a new Ford Mustang.... It was a POS (bad stang years) but I thought it was phenominal...

You took off the engine covers (any clips break?).

Also, I've read others talk about reving the engine above Vtec - what is that (at the risk of sounding like the noob that I am)?
Old 07-19-2005, 07:52 PM
To punish and enslave

Don't tell me your TL didn't come with engine covers.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Suzuka Master

I took em off for the pics. No broken clips, they pop off easily. No hard breaking but my mom stepped on it a little, not anything like 0-60, and not up to redline. My dad brought it up to 5k, but slowly. still he maxed out at 85 in 3rd. in about 50 miles we used a quarter tank, or maybe it was the angle I was looking at it from. How do I change my sig and the thing above my avatar?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats on finally getting the TL. I assumed that you would be more excited that you seem after you worked so hard to get your Dad to buy it. Good Luck with it!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Suzuka Master

How could I be more excited? Don't expect me to go crazy, I've been sitting in the thing since we picked it up at 2.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Racer

How do I change my sig and the thing above my avatar?
I meant "Custom User Title", not signature (even though you can change your signature if you want.)

Go to "Your Account" at the top of the page, then "Edit Profile", then change your "Custom User Title".