Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got rear ended

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Mofo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Got rear ended

So yesterday on my way to work...I was abt 3/4 mile away from my exit, and we are all going at a decent 65 mph pace or so...and all of a sudden I see the 2 cars ahead of me STOPPED ...or going no more than 5 or 10mph, and there was nothing in front of them either. I thought at first it mightve been a deer (CT is full of those), but there was nothing. I slammed on the brakes and made it ok with abt 5 feet to spare, the guy behind me wasn't so lucky...
This is what he did to my 5month old TL

Old 06-07-2006, 11:54 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
omg teh horror!!! looks so much like my baby it gives me chills!!! I hope you were able to track those jerks in front of you down.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:51 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
^-i'd be more concerned with getting the guys info that hit me
Old 06-08-2006, 02:36 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by subinf
^-i'd be more concerned with getting the guys info that hit me
That happened to mine when it was about six months old. Exact same story, except the girl who hit was on the cell phone and plowed into the back of my car and totalled her shitty saturn... almost 10,000 worth of damage...
Old 06-08-2006, 03:35 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
That sucks! Good luck with getting it repaired!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Instructor

Man...sorry that happened to you. Did the police come to do a report? If so, what did they say? Hope none of this had you at fault.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:34 AM
Mofo

Yep..I got all the info on the guy who hit me, and its already at the body shop getting fixed up. Unfortunately the people in front who stopped and technically caused the accident took off.
From the pictures...Everyone take a guess at what the repair estimates will come out to?
Whoever gets closest wins a date with xtin...
Old 06-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Advanced

I don't know what the wife would say about the date but $2,875 sounds about right. Good luck with the repairs. Same color I have and I am interested to see if they match the paint on the new rear bumper, better that Acura did from the factory on the original.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:16 AM
The Flipster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to see that......Have had several close calls here in KC too !!! Thank God everyone was paying attention.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Mofo

Originally Posted by batting_cleanup
I don't know what the wife would say about the date but $2,875 sounds about right. Good luck with the repairs. Same color I have and I am interested to see if they match the paint on the new rear bumper, better that Acura did from the factory on the original.

I already got my bumper repainted by Acura for free before this accident because I was so unhappy with the original factory paint match. I already let the body shop know this, and he assured me that it would be a good match....we'll see
This body shop is the one that does all the work for Curry Acura in Scarsdale, NY...so hopefully it will come out ok
Old 06-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Flippie
Sorry to see that......Have had several close calls here in KC too !!! Thank God everyone was paying attention.

^^ Yeah really, I was almost rearended by the minivan driving like a maniac. I had just made my right turn and got back up to the speed limit. I had just passed this tractor trailor to my left and next thing I know this white minivan was flying behind me, I obviously sped up to avoid him hitting me. I don't even know where he came from, but he certainly wasn't in my lane when I was turning, or I wouldn't have turned. My only guess he was behind the tractor trailor that was to my left and got tired of waiting and decided to dart around it.

And the weird thing is, my mom and just called me that morning no more than 30 minutes prior to tell me that my brother was in a bad car accident on the highway going to work here in Atlanta. His Honda V6 coupe was totalled. The person in front of him slammed on their brakes for no apparant reason, and he slammed on his to avoid rear ending that person, then his car slid on something (probably paint or oil) and his car went into the guardrail, bounced off, spun back into traffic, and he was hit on the passenger side by another passing car.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by maluskills
Yep..I got all the info on the guy who hit me, and its already at the body shop getting fixed up. Unfortunately the people in front who stopped and technically caused the accident took off.
From the pictures...Everyone take a guess at what the repair estimates will come out to?
The people in front are not at fault in a rear-ending. An accident like that is the fault of the guy behind you, most likely for following too closely but perhaps for failing to pay full time and attention (depends on local law and on the cop's judgment). A driver is obligated to maintain a safe following distance such that he's able to stop in an emergency, and the driver who hit you failed to do that.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 1995hoo
The people in front are not at fault in a rear-ending. An accident like that is the fault of the guy behind you, most likely for following too closely but perhaps for failing to pay full time and attention (depends on local law and on the cop's judgment). A driver is obligated to maintain a safe following distance such that he's able to stop in an emergency, and the driver who hit you failed to do that.

yep, that is usually the case.. I was in a chain reaction accident back in 01 on 285. This guy caused 4 car accident He wasn't paying attention and rear ended a car at about 50 MPH, the car he hit ended up hitting another car and that car ended up hitting me. The only person that was charged was the person who caused the accident in the first place. I believe he was charged with following too closely and also driving too fast for conditions.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Mofo

^^Yea, im not saying the guy in front should be charged with anything, but theoritcally, it was their fault for stopping on the highway, and it was kinda dick of them to not pull over after he saw 5 cars in an accident directly behind them..
Old 06-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by maluskills
If it's just a bumper replacement, should be around $837. I had a similar incident when car was a few weeks old. Certified Acura repair shop in my area did a great job.

Good luck!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Instructor

Hey what's the name of the shop you're taking it to?
Old 06-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Mofo

^^It's Curry Chevy-they do all the body work for Curry Acura
Old 06-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Racer

I am guessing around $1300. That is how much it cost to fix my Tl when it was rear ended a month after I bought it.