Got a lot of recent compliments about our TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005 | 10:32 AM
Car Addict

Got a lot of recent compliments about our TL

In light of some of the rattle threads, I thought I would share some recent comments:

1) My realtor really likes our car, and he drives a Range Rover every day. He thought it was a BMW for a couple of weeks...

2) Had a friend and his girlfriend drive around Chicago, I basically showed them around, and they really were impressed with our car. Again, one reason I got the TL and not the 330 and not the 240 was that you can be 6-6'1' and fit in the back seat without discomfort.

I've ridden in the back seat of our TL and that reconfirmed that it's very roomy.
Old 06-17-2005 | 10:40 AM
All About Trance

I've been getting a lot of compliments from family members, co-workers and neighbors as well. And when I had taken an initial test drive back in April, my friend, who's 6'4", was sitting in the back had said that it was very roomy, too. I just have to make mine more unique as I've already seen 3 Anthracite owners (1 with A-Spec) within the Atlanta area.
Old 06-17-2005 | 10:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Ahh, good complaints for a change. Unfortunatly its not roomy lying down . (if someone actually feels offended by that joke, mods take it out, I dont want another problem)
Old 06-17-2005 | 11:39 AM
Car Addict

Yah the TL is selling well in Chicago, so my lil 32% tint, maybe a rear small spoiler and some nice wheels will make the car stand out a bit.
Old 06-17-2005 | 11:50 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by crazymjb
Ahh, good complaints for a change. Unfortunatly its not roomy lying down . (if someone actually feels offended by that joke, mods take it out, I dont want another problem)
No need to lay down...the steering wheel tilts!
Old 06-17-2005 | 11:55 AM
Instructor

This is true

Im relatively new and its good to see a thread that boasts the great parts about the TL...I actually got a compliment from a guy in a Corvette the other...stating that he loved the unique and sporty yet refined look...if i could just get outta work and drive it some more
Old 06-17-2005 | 12:05 PM
Instructor

TL's in general...especially the 04+ turn LOTS of heads of people of ALL ages.
Old 06-17-2005 | 01:01 PM
I'm Baaack!

Nothing better than taking it for gas after you're finished washing it and having people come up to you to compliment the car ... has happened to me three times now ..

Each time I come home and tell the wife .. "See!!! This is why I wash the car every week"
Old 06-17-2005 | 01:17 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by Brewmaster
Nothing better than taking it for gas after you're finished washing it and having people come up to you to compliment the car ... has happened to me three times now ..

Each time I come home and tell the wife .. "See!!! This is why I wash the car every week"
I would've guessed it's because you're anal, like the rest of us here!!

I'm in the same boat...gotten lots of compliments and looks, although I get less these days as more and more show up everywhere...still great when I get them, though! Absolutely love the car!!!
Old 06-17-2005 | 01:28 PM
Burning Brakes

I get compliments and I've also been told that it looks like a BMW (usually by women).

I also have seen more TL's on the road but I'm not seeing any more A-Specs around Dallas. I think the TL's are attractive cars either way!
Old 06-17-2005 | 01:53 PM
Advanced

Talking 05 Tl

The wife and I went to dinner last night and a lady in the parking lot was staring at our WDP 05 TL w/A-Spec ground effects and she wanted to know what kind of car it is (I removed the emblems). We told her and she really like the car (she was driving a Ford Escape, so I can't blame her).
Old 06-17-2005 | 02:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by chill_dog
No need to lay down...the steering wheel tilts!

Good response btw. You had me laughing.
Old 06-17-2005 | 02:14 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by Scott in Houston

Good response btw. You had me laughing.
Tell you what, I'll see what I can do...
Old 06-17-2005 | 03:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Oh compliments, i thought those sounded like odd complaints. Anywho, I dont think the older gen TL really turn head, well at least as far as looking bad ass. Stock, mind you. Any of these things Aspec or RJ will have anyones attention.
Old 06-17-2005 | 04:14 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

Got my first complete stranger, "Awesome Car!" compliment when I was getting out of it in the parking lot of a local Target.

Off topic -> Pro Stock Jon, I know you from back in my F-Body days. I had a Blown '96 TA and a 98 WS.6 Droptop. Went by the alias "Feenicks" and frequented LS1.com and CamaroZ28.com.
Old 06-17-2005 | 04:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Ive yelled nice car to ppl in TLs out our minivan window. Doesnt it feel great. So you got a TL, and you are shopping at target?
Old 06-17-2005 | 05:10 PM
I6

What's wrong with shopping at Target?
Old 06-17-2005 | 05:16 PM
Suzuka Master

I was kidding. Having a TL makes you feel like a high roller. Target is great, just not for major purchases. I am a kid, and my hobby is building stuff for halloween(animatronics) so target is great for cheap stuff to rip apart for parts.
Old 06-17-2005 | 06:06 PM
Instructor

I am a kid, and my hobby is building stuff for halloween(animatronics) so target is great for cheap stuff to rip apart for parts.

Sounds pretty "crazy"
Old 06-17-2005 | 06:20 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

My wife and kids took my car down to Central CA a few months ago. She said she was driving through Buellton's downtown and said heads were turning. Later, she came out to the car from a restaurant and a couple of older gentlemen were standing in front of the car admiring the lines. When they saw it was hers, they asked a bunch of questions before they climbed into the convertable Jag parked a couple of cars away.
Old 06-17-2005 | 07:05 PM
Registered TL Lover

yesterday i gave a coworker a ride to his car and while riding he was "this is a nice car... a REALLY nice car" then a min later as i get to the perking lot where he was at he was like "the black mercedes on the end is mine" i think his was an 200o or so im not familar with their cars. but its nice to hear stuff like that from someone with a benz.
Old 06-17-2005 | 07:20 PM
Cruisin'

Yea, I love the fact that my car turns heads (Anthricite 04 6MT ASPEC) I have had 2 seporate occations where complete strangers asked if they could take pictures of my car. One of them asked if he could sit in it and i take the picture. (Mind you the keys were in my hand) But the guy was like 50.
Best car for the money.

OFF TOPIC -- I love the TL to death, but if Lexus comes out with the LF-A I'll sell my house and live in that. Slickkk
Old 06-17-2005 | 07:52 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by RJANACONDA
yesterday i gave a coworker a ride to his car and while riding he was "this is a nice car... a REALLY nice car" then a min later as i get to the perking lot where he was at he was like "the black mercedes on the end is mine" i think his was an 200o or so im not familar with their cars. but its nice to hear stuff like that from someone with a benz.
Ah yes, coworkers. Mine want me to drive if we go out to lunch. One of those times, a fellow manager got in my car and said, "Damn! What do I have to do to be an Audio Director* and get a car like this?!" He makes good money, too.

*My job
Old 06-17-2005 | 08:49 PM
Iro Ridg .308

many compliments, some by:
1. women who say it looks better than a BMW

2. mid 40's guy in a 350Z when washing my car gives it the complete look around

3. a few teenagers walking down the sidewalk when I was doing some detailing saying what a nice whip it was

4. one of my personal favorites......was at an office depot parking lot parked right next to a new M3 with no other cars parked around us and as I was leaving the store and walking up to my car, a car parks close by my TL and 3 guys jump out. As they start making their way towards the store, 1 guy comments, "that's a bad-ass TL". doesn't say jack about the M3

5. when i was a field sales engineer, our fleet cars were pontiac gtp's or audi a4's. one of my old co-workers came in from dallas to visit yesterday and the look on his face as i pulled up to pick him up at the airport is classic which upon getting into the car he says, "damn this shit is hot!" and starts to play with the navi touch screen

6. my old room mate just picked up a brand spankin new bmw 330 loaded 2 days ago and still goes on to tell me that for the money, he probably should have picked up a TL

7. younger guy in an older s class benzo pulls up next to me at the light and gives me the nod

8. was at a local car show last summer and had more people checking out the ride with a baby car seat in the back than paying attention to who was competing in the audio/speaker loudness contest.

the list goes on!
Old 06-17-2005 | 10:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Never heard "nice whip" before, and Im 15.57(licence in under a year ) The new 330 loaded is nice on the outside, ugly on the inside. I am a die hard beamer fan, but they really screwed up on that(Love the 545, but thats a hole diff class). As far as that lexus, I would rather get the ME-four twelve, 150 grand, faster then an enzo. It looks nicer IMO.
Dont wanna PW, just thought id throw that in since the remark of the lexus.
Old 06-17-2005 | 10:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Last week at chevron a dude in his 30's said i have a "nice car" and he was rollin in a previous gen. svt mustang. So i say you have a nice ride too, and he says he's annoyed by people always trying to race him. and i tell him its no different for me lol

This week im pulling up to LA Fitness and i over hear 3 dudes saying good things about my car but what caught my attention is when one dude said "it is lowered!" = )

Whats up with some people mistaken this car for a beemer??? I just don't see it.... except for the side lines
Old 06-17-2005 | 10:30 PM
Advanced

Someone needs to inform the birds how nice our cars are, every couple days I'm cleaning a huge duck sized shit off my ride.
Old 06-18-2005 | 12:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Inform em? Just get yourself a nice airsoft gun, an espresso maker, and some nightvision goggles. Be prepared to pull an all nighter.
Old 06-18-2005 | 07:19 AM
Administrator

Inform em? Just get yourself a nice airsoft gun, an espresso maker, and some nightvision goggles. Be prepared to pull an all nighter.
Regressing a little bit? How quickly we forget.
Old 06-22-2005 | 10:43 PM
Intermediate

4. one of my personal favorites......was at an office depot parking lot parked right next to a new M3 with no other cars parked around us and as I was leaving the store and walking up to my car, a car parks close by my TL and 3 guys jump out. As they start making their way towards the store, 1 guy comments, "that's a bad-ass TL". doesn't say jack about the M3

Here's one all you TL owners will like. Up until today, I was driving a 2002 Silver M3. The lease finishes next week. As of today, I drive a 2005 Black/Ebony TL. I loved my M3, but I'm tired of that over priced-featureless-gas guzzling-maintenance prone-oil burning-car. People who know I drove an M3, don't say I liked the M3 better...they say, dam what a sweet looking car. Most people in Miami don't pay much attention to M3s anyways. They are everywhere.

Today I received a call from the Pre-Inspection guy at BMW (I was leasing the M3). His job is to basically sell me another BMW. I told him, listen, I don't feel like dropping 1100 on a car any more that has nothing but a fast engine. I want Voice Activated NAVI, I want Bluetooth, I want DVD-Audio, I want XM radio, my always-cold wife wants dual climate control, I want a door compartment that I can stick my hand and pull the shit out of it, or better yet have it expand to make it easier to get my shit, I don't want to pay 45 dollars to fill the tank every 3-4 days, I want a spare tire (none on BMW, forced to call tow truck), I want lumbar support, I want a big ass middle console storage compartment, I want nice blue lighting (amber, yuck, in BMW), I want my tall friend to fit in my car, I want lots of outlets, I want to pay 35000. At the end he said, well we have a 330 that drives nice. I said, yeah, and I now have a TL that has ALL that shit. Expect my car on Monday, goodbye....
Old 06-23-2005 | 02:23 AM
Team Nighthawk

Originally Posted by psypher
Here's one all you TL owners will like. Up until today, I was driving a 2002 Silver M3. The lease finishes next week. As of today, I drive a 2005 Black/Ebony TL. I loved my M3, but I'm tired of that over priced-featureless-gas guzzling-maintenance prone-oil burning-car. People who know I drove an M3, don't say I liked the M3 better...they say, dam what a sweet looking car. Most people in Miami don't pay much attention to M3s anyways. They are everywhere.

Today I received a call from the Pre-Inspection guy at BMW (I was leasing the M3). His job is to basically sell me another BMW. I told him, listen, I don't feel like dropping 1100 on a car any more that has nothing but a fast engine. I want Voice Activated NAVI, I want Bluetooth, I want DVD-Audio, I want XM radio, my always-cold wife wants dual climate control, I want a door compartment that I can stick my hand and pull the shit out of it, or better yet have it expand to make it easier to get my shit, I don't want to pay 45 dollars to fill the tank every 3-4 days, I want a spare tire (none on BMW, forced to call tow truck), I want lumbar support, I want a big ass middle console storage compartment, I want nice blue lighting (amber, yuck, in BMW), I want my tall friend to fit in my car, I want lots of outlets, I want to pay 35000. At the end he said, well we have a 330 that drives nice. I said, yeah, and I now have a TL that has ALL that shit. Expect my car on Monday, goodbye....
Wow, nicely said. Yeah the BMWs looks nice but the interior is soo plain. and I am sick of the square buttons I like the 7 series interior but the car is too big.
Old 06-23-2005 | 06:29 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
In light of some of the rattle threads, I thought I would share some recent comments:

1) My realtor really likes our car, and he drives a Range Rover every day. He thought it was a BMW for a couple of weeks...

2) Had a friend and his girlfriend drive around Chicago, I basically showed them around, and they really were impressed with our car. Again, one reason I got the TL and not the 330 and not the 240 was that you can be 6-6'1' and fit in the back seat without discomfort.

I've ridden in the back seat of our TL and that reconfirmed that it's very roomy.
I gotten a lot of compliments about the TL as well. Someone also thought mine was a BMW at first. When I showed them the blue tooth, voice controls and Navi, they flipped out!
Old 06-23-2005 | 08:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Bimmers are my favorite cars, but to get the equivalent of the TL you gotta reach into the high 40s. Nicely put to the BMW dealer.
Old 06-23-2005 | 10:03 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber

Whats up with some people mistaken this car for a beemer??? I just don't see it.... except for the side lines

Thats exactly what fools people into thinking its a BMW.

I remember this guy who was fixing my garage door fell in love with my car as soon as he saw it. He asked a lot of questions and said it was a bad ass ride!

Another time, when I was coming from the gym, these guys I was playing ball with, saw my car and asked me could they roll with me. And one guy was like "Damn! what do you do for a living!"
Old 06-23-2005 | 10:06 AM
Safety Car

Bimmers are my favorite cars, but to get the equivalent of the TL you gotta reach into the high 40s. Nicely put to the BMW dealer.
I agree crazymjb, I'd get a fully loaded TL way before I spend over $10K more for a similarly equipped 330!
Old 06-23-2005 | 11:09 AM
Car Addict

For me up here in the snow belt, I'd have to get a 330xi. I wonder if the new gen 330 is longer than the last gen. The last gen was just too small in back for adult passengers. That was one of the most important filters I used when I checked out the TL, G35, 330, 240 Mercedes, TSX, A4, and the Altima. I think a similarly optioned 330xi was around $40-42K, so it was more than I wanted to pay.
Old 06-23-2005 | 12:08 PM
Banned

I have gotten a lot of compliments in the last 2 months of ownership, however in the past two days I've had two.

The first was a delivery guy that wanted to know how much it set me back, etc. thought it was bad ass, but then mentioned he had five kids and an ex-wife, I definitely held that laugh in.

The second was the drywall guy doing some work in my place who thought it was a new 330 BMW at first and then when I told him it was an Acura TL he proceeded to flip out and love it.