Sponsored by:

Getting Ready To Call It Quits!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 08:03 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting Ready To Call It Quits!

Sorry it's so long, kinda pissed.

Nov. first I ordered a 07 TL-S that was already in the process of being built and was told it would be in before Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving came and went, no car. Finally Tuesday I was told it came in the previous day. Now I get all excited and I call my salesman a little bit later to pick it up because it was really the only time I could get away from work. Just as i'm ready to leave work i'm told the cert. of origin isn't in and I have to wait another day. So although very difficult I make arangements again to leave work early Wednesday only to find out that the cert. is in, but the car had a bad strut! So it is going to take another day before I can take it, but the good news was they told me that I was now eligible for the new 4.9% finance rate and they are going to replace all 4 struts just in case. I go to the dealership anyways just to sign all the paperwork so that when my car is ready the next day I can just grab the damn thing and go. Boy was I wrong. I'm all set again, I postpone a lot of my work stuff so that today I could pick up the car. I get a call from my salesman, only two struts came in and they will have to hold onto the car until the others come in. At the same time I am getting another call from the finance guy who left a voice mail asking me to call back because we have to sign more paperwork because now I can't get the 4.9% because my credit score wasn't high enough (which he told me it was before I signed anything) so I can only get the 6.9% rate. After calling him back I explained to him how he specifically told me that my credit rate was more than enough to qualify so he is going to try to get it for me tomorrow.
I am at the point now where if this damn car isn't all set for tomorrow where I can take it home, I think i'm gonna tell them to shove the car up their ass. And even if it is ready I don't think I can grab it for a while because this morning at work I had to fire one guy, and if this other guy doesn't get his shit together i'm canning his ass this weekend and to top it all off I spent all day today unsuccessfully replacing an electric motor on a pump only to have the damn pump leak afterwards, so I get to go searching for a friggen replacement seal kit in between fighting with the guys at Acura tomorrow.

Sorry about the long post just had to vent a little.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 595 Likes on 458 Posts
I feel for ya.............car buying can be such a PIA. I would concentrate on getting your work taken care of as that will eliminate allot of pressure. There are other dealers around that can get the car you want, but I would pressure this finance guy to keep you in the 4.9% program per his original commitment, or reduce the price accordingly if they are gonna put you into the 6.9%. Do not let them smell your desperation, let them know you will walk.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gdfthr
Sorry it's so long, kinda pissed.

Nov. first I ordered a 07 TL-S that was already in the process of being built and was told it would be in before Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving came and went, no car. Finally Tuesday I was told it came in the previous day. Now I get all excited and I call my salesman a little bit later to pick it up because it was really the only time I could get away from work. Just as i'm ready to leave work i'm told the cert. of origin isn't in and I have to wait another day. So although very difficult I make arangements again to leave work early Wednesday only to find out that the cert. is in, but the car had a bad strut! So it is going to take another day before I can take it, but the good news was they told me that I was now eligible for the new 4.9% finance rate and they are going to replace all 4 struts just in case. I go to the dealership anyways just to sign all the paperwork so that when my car is ready the next day I can just grab the damn thing and go. Boy was I wrong. I'm all set again, I postpone a lot of my work stuff so that today I could pick up the car. I get a call from my salesman, only two struts came in and they will have to hold onto the car until the others come in. At the same time I am getting another call from the finance guy who left a voice mail asking me to call back because we have to sign more paperwork because now I can't get the 4.9% because my credit score wasn't high enough (which he told me it was before I signed anything) so I can only get the 6.9% rate. After calling him back I explained to him how he specifically told me that my credit rate was more than enough to qualify so he is going to try to get it for me tomorrow.
I am at the point now where if this damn car isn't all set for tomorrow where I can take it home, I think i'm gonna tell them to shove the car up their ass. And even if it is ready I don't think I can grab it for a while because this morning at work I had to fire one guy, and if this other guy doesn't get his shit together i'm canning his ass this weekend and to top it all off I spent all day today unsuccessfully replacing an electric motor on a pump only to have the damn pump leak afterwards, so I get to go searching for a friggen replacement seal kit in between fighting with the guys at Acura tomorrow.

Sorry about the long post just had to vent a little.
Relax...be patient and enjoy your car......at least they are replacing the shocks before you get it (thats good service) ...I had one go bad after I took delivery...sucked.
The other stuff doesn't have anything to do with your new car unless you just want to take it all out on the dealership.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Advanced

Walk away. I'm not religious or anything, but you're getting all sorts of "signals" from "somewhere" that closing this deal will be ill-fated.

I know you ordered the car and are primed and pumped and psyched (wow, 3 P's!) to take delivery ASAP, but the fact that you've vented all this means you're having second thoughts.

I don't know the circumstances of your current ride and if you have to get out from under it or whatever, but if you have the ability to wait, listen to the signals and wait. Order another TL-S from another dealer, or find one already built, and walk away from this one.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Well, not to be rude, but you sound liek you want everything to run perfectly, buying a car has alot of crap surrounding it, and you can only hope for a smooth transaction. I'm not sure if there is a solution to your dilemna, but wehn you are a dealer relying on others (delivery and financing banks) you cannot just snap your fingers and fix it. I would only hope that you really want the car, or your only choice is to try another dealer if you feel uncomfortable with this one. BTW, I know what you are talking about when you don't have time to break from work, but you sound so busy that you won't have time to enjoy the car. Maybe you need a small vacation?
Old 11-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UHHHhhhhhh nobody cares
Old 11-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by MichiganRich
UHHHhhhhhh nobody cares
nobody cares about your dumbass posts
Old 11-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Opium den in

Yea it can get stressful at some dealerships. You just need to be patient
Old 11-30-2006, 09:25 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
UHHHhhhhhh nobody cares

Like anyone gave a shit that a TL showed up in an ESPN commercial

Whats the point of the forum if someone can't rant about something they want to?
Old 11-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rondog
Well, not to be rude, but you sound liek you want everything to run perfectly, buying a car has alot of crap surrounding it, and you can only hope for a smooth transaction. I'm not sure if there is a solution to your dilemna, but wehn you are a dealer relying on others (delivery and financing banks) you cannot just snap your fingers and fix it. I would only hope that you really want the car, or your only choice is to try another dealer if you feel uncomfortable with this one. BTW, I know what you are talking about when you don't have time to break from work, but you sound so busy that you won't have time to enjoy the car. Maybe you need a small vacation?
It's not that I expect everything to go perfectly, I understand that crap happens and that it isn't the dealers fault about the delay or the bad strut. But don't tell me my car is all set and then when I reschedual my day tell me it isn't.(In regaurds to the certificate of origin) And then one day I have a certin finance rate and the next day I don't. Especially when we already signed off on the P&S.
Believe me, I am very pleased they were upfront about the struts and how they intend on fixing the problem, there service department has always been great. But the lack of organization in the sales and finance department is truly frustrating. I don't want to walk away from this deal because I do want the car, but if this is going to consume too much of my time I feel as though I am going to have to walk away from it.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
UHHHhhhhhh nobody cares
stuff it
Old 12-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by gdfthr
It's not that I expect everything to go perfectly, I understand that crap happens and that it isn't the dealers fault about the delay or the bad strut. But don't tell me my car is all set and then when I reschedual my day tell me it isn't.(In regaurds to the certificate of origin) And then one day I have a certin finance rate and the next day I don't. Especially when we already signed off on the P&S.
Believe me, I am very pleased they were upfront about the struts and how they intend on fixing the problem, there service department has always been great. But the lack of organization in the sales and finance department is truly frustrating. I don't want to walk away from this deal because I do want the car, but if this is going to consume too much of my time I feel as though I am going to have to walk away from it.
I would say that if you have already executed documents with them then I would put it back on them to either honor the 4.9% or they can roll back the deal. I think that they are hoping that you just say.........ok I will accept your 6.9%. let them know that you will have them unwind the deal
Old 12-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by subinf
Like anyone gave a shit that a TL showed up in an ESPN commercial

Whats the point of the forum if someone can't rant about something they want to?
ROFLMAO..........so you went and looked up some of the lame posts he has put up too? We should start a poll, who is embarrased that MichiganRich drives a TL? Perhaps he should go back to riding the little yellow bus. My guess is he is bitter over being named Richard aka DICK
Old 12-01-2006, 01:03 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
^ - I'm not going to bash him personally or make any judgments, but the last ten or eleven posts of his have been pretty negative (not even in a humorous way) and I thought it was rather ironic given that he has posted some rather trivial things in the past.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Retired and Loving It

Every time I have ordered a vehicle from a dealer, something has been wrong with it. It has happened twice and I ended up getting rid of them within a year. Both cars had mechanical issues. One was a lemon and went back to GM, the other one I traded back to the dealer for a different model. Bad luck, so now I just buy off the lot.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:43 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
The great thing about ordering a car is that you get to chose exactly what you want. The bad thing(s) are the fact that the ordered car is the one you get. What this means is at least if there are several on the lot, you have a choice in the matter. One other bad thing is that you don't always get the best deal on an ordered car.

Incidently, I have ordered 6 cars in my life.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:44 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Oh.. BTW. Good luck. I hope all works out for you.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:18 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by drat19
Walk away. I'm not religious or anything, but you're getting all sorts of "signals" from "somewhere" that closing this deal will be ill-fated.

I know you ordered the car and are primed and pumped and psyched (wow, 3 P's!) to take delivery ASAP, but the fact that you've vented all this means you're having second thoughts.

I don't know the circumstances of your current ride and if you have to get out from under it or whatever, but if you have the ability to wait, listen to the signals and wait. Order another TL-S from another dealer, or find one already built, and walk away from this one.
Couldn't agree more... And those signals aren't from "somewhere", IMHO... They come from a) - dishonest dealership; b) - car itself - what the hell happened to the brand new car that requires strut replacement after it had been inspected at the factory? And how you can be sure that whatever happened is limited to the struts? Wait couple of weeks... I was in the similar situation exactly a year ago (totaled my car, to be precise ). But on the other hand, it was a blessing in disguise. Not only I got more money from insurance than I would've got if I sold it, but I also bought a 2006 TL w/Navi for $400 below invoice and 2.9% financing (I have a good credit score). They will be trying to get everything out of the lot by the end of the year... Just my
Old 12-01-2006, 06:33 AM
Racer

I would sure want to know why the car needed a strut....and why they are replacing all four. That's a load of crap. There is NO WAY IN HELL Acura would allow them to replace all 4 struts under warranty if just one were bad. So either they're charging the freight company who delivered it for their damage or something else is up. I would demand to see the old strut....but who knows what they would show you. Something is very smelly here....

I think I would walk on this if they can't give you a warm and fuzzy feeling about the way the car was delivered.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
The strut can't be helped. The other part about them jerking him around as to when it will be ready is not is a problem, though, and he has a valid point. A mechanic shouldn't promise it by a certain time unless he HAS the parts and KNOWS he can live up to his end of the deal. The customer is paying a lot of money for that car and has better things to do than to get jerked around by an incompetent service department.

If I were the original poster I'd cancel the deal and find another dealer. It sounds like they're trying to screw you because they don't like the terms of the sale and they think that if they drag it out you'll cave.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Instructor

I was finally able to pick up the car an hour ago. The struts are all set and I was able to keep the 4.9% finance rate.
Thanks to everyone for their advice and letting me rant
Old 12-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Great Deal.............Enjoy your new baby. Let the mods begin!
Old 12-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Retired and Loving It

I hope they put in 07 TL Type S struts. Maybe they used 04-06 struts which will probably fit. Probably the reason they replaced all four. I'm surprised that they got the new 07 TL-S parts so fast. I would not have taken that TL-S. I would have made them order me a new one or cancel the deal. Guess I'm just really suspicious of dealers that screw around like this.