Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Nose Mask - Vinyl

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 01:21 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full Nose Mask - Vinyl

Has anyone installed the full vinyl nose mask? How was the fit, did it cause any problems with the finish, easy to install, happy with it, etc? I have seen some posts regarding the clear bra.....something to think about.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
it causes the car to look ugly
Old 06-01-2004, 01:31 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought the full nose maskspecifically for a road trip. Installation wasn't what I would call easy, though it wasn't too bad. The toughest parts are getting the plastic 'pins/screws' out of the engine area and sliding the 'tabs' around the headlights. After the first install, it shouldn't take too long to put it back on. I leave mine off unless I'm planning a road trip, since I don't really care for the look.

I'm not sure if the dealer messed up the price, but I got the full mask for 160 +/- from Tustin Acura. Acura shows the cost at $300.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by cTLgo
it causes the car to look ugly
Thank you for answering the question. :smackhead
Old 06-01-2004, 03:07 PM
5th Gear

Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking to put this on for long road trips as well. I was also worried about damaging the paint from rubbing or something like that, but it sounds like that's not a problem if installed properly.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:11 PM

I haven't noticed any damage from the nose mask. As long as the car is clean when you put it on, you don't let it get too dirty while it is on and you keep the mask dry, it should be fine.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:18 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nowirez
Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking to put this on for long road trips as well. I was also worried about damaging the paint from rubbing or something like that, but it sounds like that's not a problem if installed properly.
Make sure that you keep the inside clean all the time. There should not be any dirt left or allowed in between the pait and the mask. And you tend to get lazy to remove and put it on again and again after awhile.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nowirez
Has anyone installed the full vinyl nose mask? How was the fit, did it cause any problems with the finish, easy to install, happy with it, etc? I have seen some posts regarding the clear bra.....something to think about.
I've installed it twice & find it to be MUCH harder than installation of an aftermarket mask on our Olds van--it's simply cut too small to make installation anything other than a tugging, cursing match.

The tabs which are to be inserted between the headlights & body simply won't go in all the way, they hit some sort of obstacle part way in, and are too flexible to be forced all the way in, they just keep bending.

Worse, the idiot who designed a rough-textured plastic tabs on the mask to be forced between the plastic bumper & metal fender on each side should be fired--not surprisingly a huge chip of paint was pulled off the plastic bumper on one side when I last installed/removed the thing.

I could easily envision that happening in other areas where you need to force fit tabs between headlights / body etc. VERY poorly designed.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:00 PM
100k miles club

i've only installed the half nose mask (hood) this morning. damn! that thing was hard to put on. debating on installing the bottom part until my road trip. is it harder or easier than the top piece? i got mine through ebay from acura of escondido for around $126 w/ tax and shipping.

i was planning to use it on a daily basis while commuting to work and taking it off while at work but after this morning's xp i may just use it on road trips
Old 07-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mask

I have the full mask.

It's a pain to install until it gets stretched out and fits better. You need to leave it on the car, out in the sun, for a few days to loosen up. Since I run the freeway a lot commuting I leave it on for a week at a time and now it's easy to get on and off.

So far it has kept the front end of my TL from getting pock marked from road schrapnel.

Keeping the lining clean is a must to keep it from damaging the paint. So long as that's done it won't wreck the finish.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:04 PM
100k miles club

Originally Posted by kosh2258
I have the full mask.

It's a pain to install until it gets stretched out and fits better. You need to leave it on the car, out in the sun, for a few days to loosen up. Since I run the freeway a lot commuting I leave it on for a week at a time and now it's easy to get on and off.

So far it has kept the front end of my TL from getting pock marked from road schrapnel.

Keeping the lining clean is a must to keep it from damaging the paint. So long as that's done it won't wreck the finish.

so i shouldn't have to worry about discoloration if i kept it on for a long time? and to keep the lining clean i'm guessing to use sponge and soap?
Old 07-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
make sure to remove the bra if it gets wet, otherwise it may cause some discoloration.