3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foglight Relocation

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah i actually bought a second set of grills for the bottom and cut them to fit the lamps, but the whole cutting the bumper thing and taking off the bumper and mounting everything properly isnt really my thing lol. The wiring was going to be done by a family member because they've done this type of stuff before, but i wanted to do the actual physical mounting part. It doesnt seem too hard but for me, its a challenge
Old 04-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hear ya - I'm a little bit concerned about the fitting part as well. But as soon as I get some vacation time off from work I'm going to go for it. Hopefully the bumper comes of easy and I find this easier than I think. If I get in over my head I can always pop the old grills back in and forget about it.........time will tell. I just can't wait to get started
Old 04-18-2007, 05:45 AM
Mistuh DRiiVA

sounds good steveP..hope you can get it done. if possible, take pics as you do it and maybe ill attempt it with more detailed instructions on cutting the bumper.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by maddsiick
sounds good steveP..hope you can get it done. if possible, take pics as you do it and maybe ill attempt it with more detailed instructions on cutting the bumper.
Hey Madd - looks like you and I got the same car....lol.

There is another thread here by "Crook" - he did a very nice DIY and included a bunch of pics. I think his thread on this is the best............it's called Grate Grill on an 05 or something .......

Found it

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ht=grate+grill
Old 04-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Mistuh DRiiVA

looks like it stevep...i have an 05 SSM TL, with the type s spoiler, just added that on for my birthday.

lol it was actually because of Crook that i attempted to do this mod, his writeup is really really good. I think I'll wait until the summer and maybe attempt it again, if not ill get it installed.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Sweet I have the ASM 06...... and I got the TLS spoiler for my B-Day present too. LOL
Yeah Crook does some nice work and write ups........ he was my inspiration on the fogs too. I'm just holding off until I get a couple of nice days off so I'm not rushed. I figure I can do the install part myself - it's the wiring that kinda make me cringe. Worse comes to worse I'll get them installed and take it an audio place to wire um up.

Tell me you have TLS tails and side markers and we'll have a set of twins.........LOL
Old 05-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was wondering to be able to mount it is there a L-bracket that comes with the kit , if not is there anything that is included in the kit that we could use to mount the foglights
Old 08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it possible to use tsx foglights on our tl
Old 08-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Terminex

Think the 04 Accord light look better

Originally Posted by ssm from jc
Is it possible to use tsx foglights on our tl
When I did mine I found that the 04 accord light were a better fit for the openins in the grill.

FYI - you have the choice when you wire the light in - Simply connect the power wire for the fogs to an ignition keyed source. If you want them to only have power when the driving lights or headlights, then use one of their power wires as the switched power wire.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:17 PM
B A N N E D

ua6spec

I dont see why you wouldnt be able to do this without taking off the bumper. If youjust jack up the car you can work from under the car thats how i worked on my lower grill. Im ordering now the fogs from ebay. Ill let u know before i try. But if u already know let me know.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:59 AM
1st Gear

UA6spec... im new here tried to pm u but i guess i gotta wait for a while.... im interested in doing the same project.... i dislike the fogs being intergrated with the headlights.... so this is a definite consideration...please pm exact details as well and intruments need to do this project 120%
Old 10-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by etoonzdc2
UA6spec... im new here tried to pm u but i guess i gotta wait for a while.... im interested in doing the same project.... i dislike the fogs being intergrated with the headlights.... so this is a definite consideration...please pm exact details as well and intruments need to do this project 120%
Welcome to the forums.

You can't send or receive PM's until you get 5 posts and have at least one day in the forum. When you get your 5th post, and it's at least your second day here, give the computer time to update, then check your profile under "Contact Info" and it should say "Send a private message to (your user name)", and then you can do PM's.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Intermediate

I used a dremel and got them in without taking the bumper off. But I used twistie ties to secure the lights, didnt screw em in, cause there really arent any good mounting points unless you tap into the bumper.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:27 PM
10th Gear

Help, Help, Help!

I have a 2007 TL-S front bumper w/ type s grill, absorber and foglights. I HAVE A 2006 THAT I AM CONVERTING THE WHOLE FRONT END TO THE NEW 2007 TL-S LOOK. I wanted to know if I would still need the" honda accord foglight" harness to hook up the fogs with the stock switch. There is already a foglight switch in my car but I don know if there is already a prewired harness for the fogs already.So CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by trudc2
I have a 2007 TL-S front bumper w/ type s grill, absorber and foglights. I HAVE A 2006 THAT I AM CONVERTING THE WHOLE FRONT END TO THE NEW 2007 TL-S LOOK. I wanted to know if I would still need the" honda accord foglight" harness to hook up the fogs with the stock switch. There is already a foglight switch in my car but I don know if there is already a prewired harness for the fogs already.So CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT?
So your 07 bumper have all the hardware right? Meaning foglight, wiring, etc.
If so then it is just plug and play.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Terminex

are you sure?

Originally Posted by KB1Spec
So your 07 bumper have all the hardware right? Meaning foglight, wiring, etc.
If so then it is just plug and play.
I don't think it is simple plug and play.

The 04 - 06 have "fog lights" next to the head lights. (no fogs in the lower grills - except for those of us who did the accord conversion follwoing your instuctions:-)

The 07 - 08 use those same lights next to the headlights ass DRL's. THey have the fog lights in the lower grills.

You are all sitting there, going, We KNOW this Terminex.......My point is that I do not see how the harness for a 2007 set of fog lights can be plug and play when the 04 06 were never wired for it.

Am I just missing something?
Old 08-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Safety Car

Just tap the wire from the stock foglight socket and extend the new socket onto the bumper foglight
Old 08-15-2008, 02:32 PM
10th Gear

Help!

With what harness do I use? For the 2007 it comes prewired already. Does that mean I still have to buy the HOnda accord harness? WOuld the accord foglights 06-07 fit the TL? Im trying to save some money here. Can you give me the steps on how to do it? My car is in a shop right now. Please feel free to let me know ASAP!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by trudc2
With what harness do I use? For the 2007 it comes prewired already. Does that mean I still have to buy the HOnda accord harness? WOuld the accord foglights 06-07 fit the TL? Im trying to save some money here. Can you give me the steps on how to do it? My car is in a shop right now. Please feel free to let me know ASAP!
trudc2- thats the same question that i have.. i am looking at one ebay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-20...Q5fAccessories

I would like to know if this willl fit the 04 TL. Does the Foglight mounts get mounted on the metal chasis or Do i need to work around and mount it on to the bumper.. Can any one please help me... I love the mod pics on this thread.. but need some detailed pictures on 'how to'
thanks for your help.
/
Old 04-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Originally Posted by cvc7395
trudc2- thats the same question that i have.. i am looking at one ebay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-20...Q5fAccessories

I would like to know if this willl fit the 04 TL. Does the Foglight mounts get mounted on the metal chasis or Do i need to work around and mount it on to the bumper.. Can any one please help me... I love the mod pics on this thread.. but need some detailed pictures on 'how to'
thanks for your help.
/
If you have an 07+ theres no reason to use the accord wire harness, you can use the same one thats on there. If you have an 04-06 you need the 03-05 accord fogs for the bumper....these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05...Q5fAccessories ... and you can use the wire harness that comes with these. Ive done this mod twice since my first set of fogs broke due to road conditions here in NY and rocks chipping up the front end of my car. Beautiful look. Looks even better when you add the type s grills on the front, alot easier to cut and mod too than the stock grills.

Heres are pics of the second time they were done, with the Type S Grills.
BTW the fogs mount onto the bumper itself, you can cut the inside of the bumper for the fog to rest on it and then bolt it onto the plastic inside the bumper. Its pretty secure, even at high speeds.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Intermediate

If you have an 07+ theres no reason to use the accord wire harness, you can use the same one thats on there. If you have an 04-06 you need the 03-05 accord fogs for the bumper....these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05...Q5fAccessories ... and you can use the wire harness that comes with these. Ive done this mod twice since my first set of fogs broke due to road conditions here in NY and rocks chipping up the front end of my car. Beautiful look. Looks even better when you add the type s grills on the front, alot easier to cut and mod too than the stock grills.

Heres are pics of the second time they were done, with the Type S Grills.
BTW the fogs mount onto the bumper itself, you can cut the inside of the bumper for the fog to rest on it and then bolt it onto the plastic inside the bumper. Its pretty secure, even at high speeds.

Madsiik, dude, this LOOKS SICK !! I love it...So, the link i have posted, is good to go right? i Don't need any additional parts correct? Is it possible for you to turn the fogs off and take a closer picture .. also, question about Mountingthe fogs ?? how can i proceed that ??
Does the Bumper needs to be removed completely?(i have no problems getting the bumper out; but if it's not totally necessary to remove it, i would liek to avoid doing it)

You also mentioned about adding the TYPe S Grill on the front, do you mean the top and the bottom grill?? and what year Type S grill Should I get..
Thanks for your help brother.

And again , this looks beautiful....
Old 04-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Madsiik, dude, this LOOKS SICK !! I love it...So, the link i have posted, is good to go right? i Don't need any additional parts correct? Is it possible for you to turn the fogs off and take a closer picture .. also, question about Mountingthe fogs ?? how can i proceed that ??
Does the Bumper needs to be removed completely?(i have no problems getting the bumper out; but if it's not totally necessary to remove it, i would liek to avoid doing it)

You also mentioned about adding the TYPe S Grill on the front, do you mean the top and the bottom grill?? and what year Type S grill Should I get..
Thanks for your help brother.

And again , this looks beautiful....
Thanks...it was alot of hard work but the result is beautiful. i get alot of looks on the road because it looks so different compared to the other 04-06 TLs in my area. I did the type s grills on the top and bottom from the 08 TL-S but you can use the 07 ones too, they are the same. The foglights you posted are for the 06-07 accord, you need the 03-05 accord foglights to fit. I dont know if the 06-07 ones will fit. look at the link i posted in my last post, thats the ones i bought. the bumper has to be removed completely unless you have a lift. I believe someone posted a thread about installing the fogs using a lift. I had to take mine off. If you look inside the bumper, there are vents in the bumper that you can cut out to rest the foglight in then bolt it on the the plastic inside the bumper. i had to use different screws and mounting brackets for mine because i cut the bumper too much so the fog didnt rest properly inside the bumper. You might need to fabricate your own brackets depending on how you cut the bumper.

This is the closest pic i have with the fogs off, i can take more over the weekend since im putting the aspec front lip on hopefully this saturday.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:05 AM
Intermediate

Thanks...it was alot of hard work but the result is beautiful. i get alot of looks on the road because it looks so different compared to the other 04-06 TLs in my area. I did the type s grills on the top and bottom from the 08 TL-S but you can use the 07 ones too, they are the same. The foglights you posted are for the 06-07 accord, you need the 03-05 accord foglights to fit. I dont know if the 06-07 ones will fit. look at the link i posted in my last post, thats the ones i bought. the bumper has to be removed completely unless you have a lift. I believe someone posted a thread about installing the fogs using a lift. I had to take mine off. If you look inside the bumper, there are vents in the bumper that you can cut out to rest the foglight in then bolt it on the the plastic inside the bumper. i had to use different screws and mounting brackets for mine because i cut the bumper too much so the fog didnt rest properly inside the bumper. You might need to fabricate your own brackets depending on how you cut the bumper.

This is the closest pic i have with the fogs off, i can take more over the weekend since im putting the aspec front lip on hopefully this saturday.
Again bro, this just looks too good... Very clean..
Yeh, so, you did clear few things for me. The bottom grill sills, do they come off or do i just directly cut them according to the foglight shape? if You get a chance to take a close pics, I would really appreciate it.. I really want to do this mod ASAP ..

You have mentioned that u have installed top and bottom grill from 07/08 TYPE S - ARe both the grills direct fit without any modification?? Did you put HID on these Fogs? what bulb type is it ? I also noticed you have cleared the headlight...did you do this your self as well?

I know i m asking too many questions bro.. but i m too excited to do this project now haha.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Again bro, this just looks too good... Very clean..
Yeh, so, you did clear few things for me. The bottom grill sills, do they come off or do i just directly cut them according to the foglight shape? if You get a chance to take a close pics, I would really appreciate it.. I really want to do this mod ASAP ..

You have mentioned that u have installed top and bottom grill from 07/08 TYPE S - ARe both the grills direct fit without any modification?? Did you put HID on these Fogs? what bulb type is it ? I also noticed you have cleared the headlight...did you do this your self as well?

I know i m asking too many questions bro.. but i m too excited to do this project now haha.
there is definitly modification needed. i dont know if the 07 and 08 tabs on the lower grills are different but i had to cut the bumper slits for the tabs a little to make them fit properly. I bought the 08 TL grills. Modification is definitly needed as well as the accord fog mod. as for the top grill, modification is needed also, there is alot of cutting involved to get it to fit. i cut mine in half then trimmed the excess off on each side to make it fit. theres no real way to describe how to mount it, you can use some of the original holes to mount the grill. I have 10000k hids in my fogs, they are h11 bulbs with 35w ballasts. Yeah and i blacked out my headlights a while ago, i had only the turn signals blacked out and then attempted the halo or angel eye mod and it went bad so i decided to jus black out the whole thing and it made the front end of my SSM TL look way more aggressive. blacking out the headlights is alot easier than people make it out to be, just need the time and the oven!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:08 PM
3rd Gear

re :fog light

i have never done this before...and i dont know how to connect the electrical i dont wnnna mess it up i heard there is alot and relay stuff....
i was wonderin can a HID bulb fit int he 2006 accor fog light?
Old 02-27-2010, 12:51 AM
3rd Gear

j
Old 09-26-2011, 10:15 AM
2011 SHAWD

That looks nice. i like the color of your TL too.
i was searching online thinking that someone would of made custom fog for the TL. (that are ready to go on) but no luck.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Safety Car

There is no kit for the 04-06 TL. But you can try to be the OEM kit at the dealer for the 07-08 Base TL or try Ebay but if you go on ebay you would need the bumper grille.

Originally Posted by Kajan_8
That looks nice. i like the color of your TL too.
i was searching online thinking that someone would of made custom fog for the TL. (that are ready to go on) but no luck.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Intermediate

fogs do look good im doing this whenever its nice out
Old 03-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Intermediate

the bumper fogs are coming soon hopefully but im liking the headlights black or cleared
Old 03-30-2014, 02:22 PM
1st Gear

I was wondering if the honda accord fog light kit hhoks up to my acura tl 2004 base sedan headlights? or how does this work?
Old 03-30-2014, 06:32 PM
2011 SHAWD

You can set it up to work by it self or have it hooked up to the light. There is a forum on the zine that goes through it. If not give me a shout I'll walk you through it.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Safety Car

If you get a Honda Accord Foglight kit, just tap the wire from the existing stock Foglight from the headlamp.

That is what I did. When I turn on the headlamp and switch the foglight switch, I only have the bumper grille foglight on. I took out the bulb from the headlamp housing as I dont want too many lights and since my foglight on the bumper grille housing were using HID.

But I know a few owner run it independently.

Have fun1
Originally Posted by austennielsen
I was wondering if the honda accord fog light kit hhoks up to my acura tl 2004 base sedan headlights? or how does this work?
Old 03-30-2014, 06:59 PM
2011 SHAWD

Forgot to ask. Canadian tl or US? It matters as canadian ones don't have a separate fog light switch. As I'm gessing from the comment above all US ones have a switch.