Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First door ding

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Couldn't be happier!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First door ding

I knew it was inevitable but I just can't understand how some people can be so FU&KING INCONSIDERATE and throw their doors open with no regard for the cars next to them.

does anyone have experience with the insurance that the dealer sells for door dings and dents and such? I purchased it with the car but if I remember correctly you can do it only once per year.

Has anyone used this service? It's a small ding but I just can't get over how pissed off I am.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Couldn't be happier!

5500 miles and this sh!t happens

i feel like my baby has been molested
Old 03-30-2007, 01:28 PM
TL SL ML :)

I feel your pain...sometimes its by accident, other times its people with beat up cars that have no care for their own car and just swing open their door...if you don't mind the look of the body-side moldings, I strongly suggest getting it put on the car....I had it installed along with a bunch of other accessories when I bought the car and It will definitely stop your paint on the car from being dinged up
Old 03-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 07WDP
5500 miles and this sh!t happens

i feel like my baby has been molested

Lol! I feel your pain. Some people just dont give a damn about their stuff, so they think others dont either, and feel its ok to destroy others property and then go on to shrug it off as "no biggie". Thats your car, and you take pride in it (a damn good thing IMHO). Hopefully everything works out and sorry that I cant help with your original question about the insurance. Good Luck Dude!!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:45 PM
9th Gear

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling right now. The same thing happened to me last week. I just got my car fixed from the Body Shop and a day later, some stupid and inconsiderate person dinged up my door. I was parked next to that car at work and when I went to get something in my car during lunch...I noticed the ding. Oh my gosh...I was fuming. Wanted to scratch the shit out of her car..but that car wasn't even worth my effort so I just left a note saying on that person's car expressing my anger.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Cruisin'

i feel your pain..............its always the first ding that hurts the most.....

unfortunately not everyone cares about your car the way you do........

something i think is ironic is that i will purposely park far away in the parking lot from where i am going in order to avoid parking next to anyone......and i always try to park in an end spot so i can only get dinged on one side.......

the ironic thing is that half of the time when i park far away some other jack*** decides to park next to me...... as if they are more comfortable parking next to a car than alone .......i think its funny so i figured i would share to see who else does the same thing
Old 03-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by scotts06ac-tl
something i think is ironic is that i will purposely park far away in the parking lot from where i am going in order to avoid parking next to anyone......and i always try to park in an end spot so i can only get dinged on one side.......

Hahaha.. I do the exact same thing!
One time, when I did do this, I was all alone. Go inside the store. Come back out cuz i forgot my tape measure and see a pickup has parked across from me. So its the two of us all alone. Anyway, come back out to go home, and see that a whole bunch of paint is rubbed / chipped on the front bumper above the liscense plate frame. Guess the jackbag put it in drive rather than reverse and drove on my car! Lol! Pissed me off, but not much I could do.....
Old 03-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Can You Feel It?

I can definitely relate this in a way...

just a few weeks ago I got my roof spoiler riped off me. but I would hate it even more to see a ding any where on the car...serious we do so much to keep our car clean and protective but there gotta be some idiot out there ruin it!. some time it's not the human but birds...every time after I finished cleaning the car nice and shinny, some stupid bird have to go and shit on it!....now if this was in Europe I can see that the bird will be hunt for an apetite!
Old 03-30-2007, 03:36 PM
B A N N E D

I dont have this problem since i park my car like im the owner of the parking lot and block off two spots at an angle that makes it impossible for anyting like this to happen. Shit ive really thought about this i rather pay $18 parking ticket than get a ding. Ive gotten 3 tickets already....
Old 03-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Advanced

I know how you feel. Someone happen to ding my trunk...out of all the places there is a ding on the trunk by the plates....happened at 300 miles.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Team Nighthawk member

Originally Posted by Slammed_JDM
I dont have this problem since i park my car like im the owner of the parking lot and block off two spots at an angle that makes it impossible for anyting like this to happen. Shit ive really thought about this i rather pay $18 parking ticket than get a ding. Ive gotten 3 tickets already....
I don't know how it is out there, but here in L.A., pulling stuff like that may make you a target. My friend used to do that with his Type R. One day, he came back and his car was keyed all over. You've got a nice ride, I'd hate to see you post a "someone keyed my car" thread.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:55 PM
All the world's a stage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sucks!

I share your pain, bro!

Went to Costco to get one of their famous Costco hotdog meals and came out only to see a ding on the driver side rear door. I've contemplated getting it "popped out" but what's the use - it's bound to happen again sometime, unless I never park my car in a lot.

So, I've sucked it up and moved on. It still erks me at times when I'm washing my car and I see it, though.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
I most definitely ALWAYS park in an end spot or parallel spot. I will never "sandwich" park, as I like to call it. Then again, as has been stated, door dings are bound to happen, so you can only do what you're capable of doing to prevent it from happening; anything else is beyond your control.

I've been lucky so far with my WDP, but I know what you're going through. My last car (1998 Accord - I miss my baby!) had a nice door ding within about a week after driving it off the lot brand spankin' new. Needless to say I was pretty pissed. It was at that moment in time that I vowed to park as far away from all other cars as possible -- every time I park anywhere. My wife doesn't like this approach so much, but she "knows how I am" so she's (somewhat) used to it, if not at least a little annoyed by it!
Old 03-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
We already have a few parking threads:Let's get back on topic:

Originally Posted by 07WDP
does anyone have experience with the insurance that the dealer sells for door dings and dents and such? I purchased it with the car but if I remember correctly you can do it only once per year.

Has anyone used this service? It's a small ding but I just can't get over how pissed off I am.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
There's this place/company called Dent Pro, and I've heard great things about them. I've never used them myself because that door ding I had on my Accord was in a spot where they couldn't fix it: it was on the body line of the door. They don't appear to have an official website, but I know they're still around because I see the vans driving around all the time. I'm not sure if this exact company does business in your area (Texas), but I know they're doing business here in the Bay Area (California). They even drive out to your work if you're at work and want them to so you don't have to worry about taking time off or being without your car.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Couldn't be happier!

Originally Posted by datmrman

Let's get back on topic:

Thanks man!

Yea, I'm still curious about whether or not anyone has used this service.

I will share that after a day or so and a couple of applications of touch up paint and scratch remover/rubbing compound that it is hardly noticeable, but I'll always know it's there.

I'm just wondering about the dent fix service simply because I know this is BOUND to happen again and I want to have the knowledge once it does.

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Instructor

http://www.houstondentpros.com/

boxstock
Old 03-31-2007, 10:46 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
ahhh!! sucks to hear that but you can always fix it.