3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my ride... after the unbearable wait!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Finally got my ride... after the unbearable wait!!!

I finally got my SSM 5AT w/ Navi (37xxx) home last night. Got my baby from Montclair Acura in NJ and had a great experience. There was none of the hardsell for the add ons as well.

The drive home was great. Coming from a 2002 TL-S, I found the slightly increased power came on much more smoothly and the handling was rock-solid. No vibration at all on the way home and this morning on the way to work so I may have the "new and improved" EL-42's. (Although I will switch to Pirelli PZero Nero M+S shoes when the time comes.)

The sound system is awesome compared to the Bose unit the 02 had.

I found that there was more room in the new car. I'm 6'2" and a bit chunky but I fit right in with room to spare.

I of course found many reasons to take the scenic route home and will do that again today (maybe for the rest of the week) and played with the internal features like the Voice Recognition and Navi.

I also linked my car to my Nokia 6820. Sound comes in clearly on the speakers and pairing was no issue. Of course, I don't have the power and signal indicators active as with other Nokia phones.

I wanted to send a shout out to everyone on this forum for helping me with my decision and giving great info and feedback. It certainly made the buying experience much easier.

Thanks all!

jjtags
Old 03-30-2004, 02:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats. My only complaint is Sprint doesn't offer a good Bluetooth phone!!! Damn them all to hell.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Drifting

Congrats on your purchase. I'm looking forward to mine here soon.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TLover
Congrats. My only complaint is Sprint doesn't offer a good Bluetooth phone!!! Damn them all to hell.
Are you aware that Sprint currently offers a BT phone? If you know of but don't care for the SE T608, sorry to mention it. If not, Sprint has a BT option available for $199 (there was a $100 rebate, but I don't know if it's still offered) at 1-866-PCS-AUTO. I know that others have posted problems, but I've had a very positive ownership experience with this phone.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Banned

My friend works for Sprint and says the 608 isn't a good phone.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Drifting

Yes I am aware of the SE T608. It will be some time before CDMA and BT catch on completely. The sprint BT option? If its just an adapter, it won't work with HFL.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Safety Car

Congrats on the new Ride. yeah i hate non-clam shaped phones, the screen scratches all the time and i make calls i don't even know about. i place my phones in my jacket pocket or jean pocket. i know there is a lock feature but i hate it cause you have to press a button then * to unlock, that's even before you press talk to answer the phone.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mobilezen
Yes I am aware of the SE T608. It will be some time before CDMA and BT catch on completely. The sprint BT option? If its just an adapter, it won't work with HFL.
It's not an an adaptor. All bluetooth functions are built into the phone and accessable through the menus. The phone pairs up and works flawlessly with my TL. Roaming, signal strength, caller ID and battery condition all display on the MID, in-car sound quality is good. Feedback I get from callers indicates an occasional delay, but sound quality is very good on their end.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Drifting

You said sprint has a bluetooth option. I know the T608 has bt.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Instructor

Smile New Ride

Hey I also just NOW got home in my WDP/Parchment/5AT/Navi.
It has 20 miles on it now. Unfortunatly it is raining buckets here in
the Detroit area so it's dirty already. The salesman, Eric, at Jeffrey Acura is very professional and spent an hour dazzling me with some of the
details. I should have gone into astronaut training for this thing.

I have ensconsced myself in the easy chair with a cup of coffee and am
starting to read the manuals...gasp...

This thing is pretty quick. My last two vehicles were a GMC Typhoon, then a
Yukon. Both not the essence of handling, the Typhoon could get out of it's own way going straight (5.3 sec to 60) but had notchy handling. The Yukon was like driving a 3 bedroom colonial. Sooo this TL feels like a sports car to me, has class, performance, and all the possible goodies that any 57y/o car nut could ever expect.

Thanks guys and gals for all your help here on this forum.
Craig
Old 03-30-2004, 06:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by synoil
Hey I also just NOW got home in my WDP/Parchment/5AT/Navi.
It has 20 miles on it now. Unfortunatly it is raining buckets here in
the Detroit area so it's dirty already. The salesman, Eric, at Jeffrey Acura is very professional and spent an hour dazzling me with some of the
details. I should have gone into astronaut training for this thing.

I have ensconsced myself in the easy chair with a cup of coffee and am
starting to read the manuals...gasp...

This thing is pretty quick. My last two vehicles were a GMC Typhoon, then a
Yukon. Both not the essence of handling, the Typhoon could get out of it's own way going straight (5.3 sec to 60) but had notchy handling. The Yukon was like driving a 3 bedroom colonial. Sooo this TL feels like a sports car to me, has class, performance, and all the possible goodies that any 57y/o car nut could ever expect.

Thanks guys and gals for all your help here on this forum.
Craig

Congratulations... to keep WDP inside is the good idea...
Old 03-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Pro

am happy for you guys..........WELCOME
Old 03-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Advanced

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Synoil and JJtags! I'm happy to hear you both got your new TLs!

Add me to the "new owners" list- after a one month + wait, my TL came on on Saturday, and I picked her up today after being prepped. Black on black (NBP + Ebony) five speed auto with navigation. Its raining a bit here, so I already have some splatters on her. But who cares? She's here at last!

I also went out and bought a few DVD-A and DTS CDs. The sound system is very nice...very well balanced. So far the Navi is pretty easy to use, but that apparent ease sometimes gets me in trouble- I start expecting it to just understand whatever I say, without me first having read the list of available commands. I think I turned the air conditioning off and on three or four times while trying to activate the trip computer (D'oh...that's in the main dash display, not the nav :smackhead )