Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got it!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally got it!!

I finally picked up my ABP/Quartz 5spd + Navi today!

All's well except that the body side mouldings are on backorder and have to be installed at a later date.

The car arrived with ten miles. No vibrations, rattles, or paint problems. The tires seem fine though I haven't been on the highway yet and it's not cold so I won't see flat-spotting yet.

I checked the navigation DVD, and it's the "G" version which is the latest. I've sat in the car and configured and tinkered with everything but the voice commands. I'll test the voice commands after I get over this annoying case of Laryngitis.

Links to a few photos follow...

http://www.lhmopars.com/temp/Interior.jpg

http://www.lhmopars.com/temp/Left.jpg

http://www.lhmopars.com/temp/Right.jpg

Thanks again to all those who've provided very useful information in making my decision. I now look forward to contributing to the forum as an owner.

Lee Herman
http://www.lhmopars.com
1969 Dodge Dart GT Convertible - 340-4bbl/A727
1987 Dodge Diplomat SE - Loaded!
1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6
2004 Acura TL - AT+Navi ABP/Quartz
Old 06-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy!
Old 06-25-2004, 04:30 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Congratulations! Have fun.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:41 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Congrats...man you work fast...pics already???
Old 06-25-2004, 04:43 PM
Semper Fi

Congratulations
Old 06-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Originally Posted by 1hottl
Congrats...man you work fast...pics already???
Thanks!

Yes, I work fast. My parents drove me to the dealership and my mother took photos of me with the car, and I took a few in my driveway when I got home.

I need to take some better quality shots and post 'em to the photo gallery section.

Regards,
Old 06-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by leeherman
I finally picked up my ABP/Quartz 5spd + Navi today!

All's well except that the body side mouldings are on backorder and have to be installed at a later date.

The car arrived with ten miles. No vibrations, rattles, or paint problems. The tires seem fine though I haven't been on the highway yet and it's not cold so I won't see flat-spotting yet.

I checked the navigation DVD, and it's the "G" version which is the latest. I've sat in the car and configured and tinkered with everything but the voice commands. I'll test the voice commands after I get over this annoying case of Laryngitis.

Links to a few photos follow...

http://www.lhmopars.com/temp/Interior.jpg

http://www.lhmopars.com/temp/Left.jpg

http://www.lhmopars.com/temp/Right.jpg

Thanks again to all those who've provided very useful information in making my decision. I now look forward to contributing to the forum as an owner.

Lee Herman
http://www.lhmopars.com
1969 Dodge Dart GT Convertible - 340-4bbl/A727
1987 Dodge Diplomat SE - Loaded!
1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6
2004 Acura TL - AT+Navi ABP/Quartz

Congrats and welcome to the club. If you don't mind which dealership did you get it from?
Old 06-25-2004, 07:39 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Originally Posted by tibidip
Congrats and welcome to the club. If you don't mind which dealership did you get it from?
Thanks!

I bought the car from Acura of Valley Stream. Joe Ferrara was my salesperson. Overall I was satisfied with the experience and the deal. The car was $33,000 plus tax, body side moldings, door edge guards, and splash guards.

I see that you're from Valley Stream. Did you buy your car there, and if so, what was YOUR opinion?

Regards,
Old 06-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Advanced

Actually I did not get it from Valley Stream. I got it from Hillside Acura in Bayshore.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:45 PM
Banned

WOW!!

Very nice choice! WTG!
Old 06-25-2004, 07:51 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Actually I did not get it from Valley Stream. I got it from Hillside Acura in Bayshore.
It's funny that you went out of your way when Acura of Valley Stream is so close to you. I guess Bayshore had the right car, price, or both!

I planned to buy from Island Acura in Wantagh, but I wasn't too impressed with their "Internet Manager's" attitude. I live on the Nassau/Suffolk border so they would have been more convenient. I was satisfied with A/VS so I'll recommend them in the future.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Advanced

It's funny that you went out of your way when Acura of Valley Stream is so close to you. I guess Bayshore had the right car, price, or both!

I planned to buy from Island Acura in Wantagh, but I wasn't too impressed with their "Internet Manager's" attitude. I live on the Nassau/Suffolk border so they would have been more convenient. I was satisfied with A/VS so I'll recommend them in the future.

Actually Acura of Valley Stream was the first dealer I contacted but in the process of negotiating the price of the car via email with one of their internet sales people I just did not like the responsiveness or lack thereof. So I continued shopping around and I finally went with Hillside.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Actually Acura of Valley Stream was the first dealer I contacted but in the process of negotiating the price of the car via email with one of their internet sales people I just did not like the responsiveness or lack thereof. So I continued shopping around and I finally went with Hillside.
I did the internet thing with Island Acura, but I just called A/VS and got my price and estimated availability over the phone. I went down to the showroom that night and signed the papers. It was quite painless.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Advanced

I did the internet thing with Island Acura, but I just called A/VS and got my price and estimated availability over the phone. I went down to the showroom that night and signed the papers. It was quite painless.

Well congrats again and I hope you enjoy your ride although it's probably garaged right now with the weather (T-storms). When I got mine a couple of weeks ago it stayed in the garage because I did not want it to get wet just yet. I know it's crazy.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:15 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Well congrats again and I hope you enjoy your ride although it's probably garaged right now with the weather (T-storms). When I got mine a couple of weeks ago it stayed in the garage because I did not want it to get wet just yet. I know it's crazy.
You got THAT right! I put the car away at 5PM and it's not coming out 'til after the rain ends tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Old 06-25-2004, 08:36 PM
USC YQUE

Ugh the east coast!

Thanks!

I bought the car from Acura of Valley Stream. Joe Ferrara was my salesperson. Overall I was satisfied with the experience and the deal. The car was $33,000 plus tax, body side moldings, door edge guards, and splash guards.

I see that you're from Valley Stream. Did you buy your car there, and if so, what was YOUR opinion?

Regards,
Really! You people in the east are fortunate!! $33,000 for the TL and with three accessories thrown in?!?!:'(

Maybe I really need to make a 'road trip' to the east!
Old 06-25-2004, 08:50 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Originally Posted by flnsx
WOW!!

Very nice choice! WTG!
nice color!
you don't see many of those on the streets...

congrats

hey flnsx, how's your black cat (booker) ?

I just got a little kiddy myself, Siamese/Hymalayan,
she matches my 6MT/NAV Anthracite TL!
Old 06-25-2004, 11:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Eduardo
Really! You people in the east are fortunate!! $33,000 for the TL and with three accessories thrown in?!?!:'(

Maybe I really need to make a 'road trip' to the east!
He said "plus tax, body side moldings, door edge guards, and splash guards.", so I'm thinking he meant those were extra.
Old 06-26-2004, 01:07 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Awesome! Congratulations. That's one of the best models you could get...
Old 06-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Originally Posted by briden
He said "plus tax, body side moldings, door edge guards, and splash guards.", so I'm thinking he meant those were extra.
Correct. The wheel locks were thrown in, but the other stuff was an extra $400 or so.

Any opinions on whether the all season mats and trunk tray are worthwhile? I bought $25 "sacrificial" carpeted mats to put over the Acura mats. I suspect the plastic bin I store in the trunk to keep my car stuff together will slide around on the standard carpeted floor. I'm thinking that the tray may stop the sliding, and I can get it on ebay for under $100.

The one thing I *really* wanted them to throw in was one of the Acura polo shirts the sales staff were wearing. Very nice! I'll have to get a few on my own.

Regards,
Old 06-26-2004, 08:21 AM
Advanced

Correct. The wheel locks were thrown in, but the other stuff was an extra $400 or so.

Any opinions on whether the all season mats and trunk tray are worthwhile? I bought $25 "sacrificial" carpeted mats to put over the Acura mats. I suspect the plastic bin I store in the trunk to keep my car stuff together will slide around on the standard carpeted floor. I'm thinking that the tray may stop the sliding, and I can get it on ebay for under $100.

The one thing I *really* wanted them to throw in was one of the Acura polo shirts the sales staff were wearing. Very nice! I'll have to get a few on my own.

Regards,

Lee,

What's good about the trunk tray is that it protects the carpeted area from any liquid spills. It will capture the liquid just like the all season mats which are very important as well IMHO.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:16 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

I just posted some new and improved pics to the "photo gallery".

Check 'em out!

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85380