Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extra Button Opposite VSA off

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 08:31 PM
TLover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Extra Button Opposite VSA off

iam trying to find a place to put an extra switch for an accessory i bought. i discoverd that the VSA off button has another similar empty button on the opposite side. is there any way i can use that empty button area for my own button, and if i can get that same size button as the VSA off one so it looks like it belongs there. or will i have to make a hole to put a smaller switch?

thanx
Old 02-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can install a switch that uses a round mounting hole. This way, you can drill a hole and mount it there. Search for a post for Valentine one. Someone installed one of the controls in the same spot.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:08 PM
TLover

thanx but it looks like it was put there after. is there a way i can get a similer button like the actual VSA one so it fits nice and looks "stock"? iam using this space to put a buttin for the underbody neon iam getting soon. so if u or anyone else can help me with hardwiring it too, would be a big help. and how legal is it in ny if anyone knows. thanx for the help
Old 02-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Racer

The button opposite the VSA off switch is a passenger ejection seat switch. Available on vins <5000. Apparently it caused marital strife, so it's production was discontinued.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
your dealer can order a button for u.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:09 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by tlxlr8s
iam using this space to put a buttin for the underbody neon iam getting soon.
I think I'm gonna cry ...

Oh, well ... Everyone's entitled to make their car into "their car", I guess - Unless your leasing, that is.

and how legal is it in ny if anyone knows.
I don't know about NY, but Arizona has made it illegal to have any neon on a vehicle. You can't even use neon license place borders anymore.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:52 AM
TLover

Originally posted by ¿GotJazz?
I think I'm gonna cry ...

Oh, well ... Everyone's entitled to make their car into "their car", I guess - Unless your leasing, that is.

I don't know about NY, but Arizona has made it illegal to have any neon on a vehicle. You can't even use neon license place borders anymore.

what do u mean, it is a lease, but whats the crying about. whats wrong about it.
does anyone know about the ny law?
Old 02-16-2004, 10:27 AM
Advanced

what do u mean, it is a lease, but whats the crying about. whats wrong about it.
If I may speak for GotJazz, I suspect he is concerned about the pimpification factor.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Burning Brakes

I thought underbody Neon went out in the 80's? Maybe I'm just gettin old..... To each his own. What color are you going to add?
Old 02-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Not sure if it will work, but mny friend did the same thing. Put in a stock looking button and made it work his aftermarket fogs. This was an Accord, but Honda/ Acura buttons should be the same. This site is usually reasonable (more so than dealers), hope it helps. Might be my 1st semi useful post. w00t

www.manhonda.com
Old 02-16-2004, 12:54 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
uh!
Old 02-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Good ole neon lights on a $40,000 car...you gotta love AMERICA........LOL. I think they should outlaw it everywhere because on how dumb it looks. Leave the Neon for the bar signs.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Not that I think it's a good idea, Neon or LED but it's your car so here is a link to underbody LED kits. Good luck!

http://www.fantomforce.com/underbodyLED.html
Old 02-16-2004, 03:20 PM
TLover

Originally posted by Norse396
I thought underbody Neon went out in the 80's? Maybe I'm just gettin old..... To each his own. What color are you going to add?
maybe it did go out in the 80's-90's, i this is my first car and i always loved it. iam getting blue. which is cool that it also matches the interior.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Instructor

Great.....Nice....the TL goes to the 'hood. Well, so much for resale value...glad I locked in my residual before the Escladeification of the TL started!!!!
Old 02-16-2004, 08:47 PM
TEAM NIGHTHAWK ASSASIN

Do your thing because if its hot the same haters will be like :wow: Dont go with the grain !
Old 02-16-2004, 09:17 PM
TLover

Originally posted by NLYTN
Do your thing because if its hot the same haters will be like :wow: Dont go with the grain !

the Grain?plz explain. thanx for your support.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:03 PM
Instructor

OK. I guess now we've heard everything.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:23 PM
TEAM NIGHTHAWK ASSASIN

the Grain?plz explain. thanx for your support.

The saying going againt the grain . . . be orignal dont be like others
Old 02-16-2004, 10:24 PM
Burning Brakes

maybe it did go out in the 80's-90's, i this is my first car and i always loved it. iam getting blue. which is cool that it also matches the interior.
As long as you're happy and you think it looks cool that's what matters. Post pics when your done so we can see what it looks lie, some of us may be surprised.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Intermediate

Maybe I'll put some Neon on our Chrysler Town and Country. I'm sure the kids would love it.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Racer

neon is lame but not as lame as idiots talking about cars going 'to the hood'. bigot.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:51 PM
TLover

maybe we can get to the original question on how i can add one maybe two buttons somewhere on the dash without it looking as if it was added? and can we grow up with the poking fun at fellow acura drivers and ansewer the questions if the know them? thanx for the help anyway
Old 02-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Cesspool of Knowledge

My reply earlier on "... unless you're leasing" refers to the fact that any modifications you make to the dealer's car will need to be removed, and any damage you apply (such as cutting holes in the dash) will be repaired at your expense at the termination of the lease.

Thus, if you cut a hole in the dash panel, your Acura dealer is likely to charge you for an entire new dash panel if it is one piece. This could add many hundreds of dollars that you will owe the dealer at the end of the lease. If you modify the chassis wiring in the car to add the neon lights, the dealership charge you to order a new wiring harness. If you screw holes into the body panels to attach the lights, the dealer may charge you for body shop repair.

Does this clarify why you shouldn't make major body modifications to a leased car? You don't own the car, you're only "borrowing it" until the end of your lease. After the lease you need to return the car like it was "new", or the dealership can charge you almost anything required to make it like "new" again.

Does it make more sense now?
Old 02-17-2004, 11:20 PM
TLover

yes thanx , but do they check under the car for screw holes? its not like they do much bad. ill remove all the wiring of course, and that why i asked about the little panel with the empty space. cant it be replaced. its just a perferated hole right?
Old 02-18-2004, 12:05 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

you can take the cover out, install your button, and when you return the car, put the cover back in the same place.

nobody will know it was changed... as it's back to original specs. because you can leave it better than new.!

and no, it's very unlikely they will check for small tiny holes in the "Dirty" underside of your car...be happy
(rust-protect the holes to be safe)

you can always buy the car at the end of the lease, if that's an option. You have the choice, it's up to you.

Correction: You can always use clips instead of drilling holes on the bottom of your car to avoid problems shown below...
Old 02-18-2004, 02:41 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Originally posted by NOX 3.2
and no, it's very unlikely they will check for small tiny holes in the "Dirty" underside of your car... be happy
Boy, do I have problems with THIS one.

How would you feel if you were the purchaser of this leased car, with a future guaranteed rust problem? This is highly unethical - and don't give me a stupid line like, "That's the buyer's problem for buying a leased car". As an adult, you are responsible for the consequences of your actions.

tlxlr8s, this is a serious personalized and optional modification that are making to a vehicle that you know you are not planning on owning, or else you wouldn't be leasing it. At least take the responsibility to get the holes properly patched yourself before you return the lease, or be prepared to tell the dealer if you're not going to patch it.

That what I would do, and I'm not kidding.

I'm not sure if lease contracts contain any clauses that state that you are required to tell the dealer of any accidents or serious modifications that you've made to the car. I certainly hope there is. I haven't ever leased a car - I tend to purchase vehicles and keep them 'til they die gracefully from old age (hopefully).

Originally posted by NOX 3.2
you can always buy the car at the end of the lease, if that's an option.
True. But that's just about the most expensive way to buy a car, unless you have cash to pay for the car at the end of the lease - which is not usually the situation if you're leasing anyways.

Let's see ... You'll pay interest and sales taxes on your lease of three years (or whatever). Then, you'll get a second loan later at a higher interest rate (because it's now a used vehicle), pay sales tax again, and be paying interest for another 4 years or so. Now you've paid seven years of interest on the vehicle.

The only real advantage of purchasing the vehicle this way is if you have cash to pay for it at the end of the lease and the dealership miscalculated the vehicle's residual value, where the car is worth significantly more than the residual value. Then, you'd be purchasing the car for the "cheaper" price.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:12 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

little holes can be repaired so there is 0 rust in them.
It's not compromising the integrity of the car at all. Have you looked at the frame under your car ? Do you think it's all pretty and perfect ? - it's not. So rust-proofing those little holes under the car is not a technical challenge. He is an adult, and as such he should know how and when to fix those issues.

The issue about leasing vs buying is very old, suffice to say that I have done that because I like to have options, more than extra money in the bank. Everybody is different, and leases make sense sometimes (specially if you own a company and can write off the car in your taxes)... It's not a matter of "feelings" but taking corrective action when something needs to be fixed, and then it can be even better than new, it's up to you.

plus there is nothing on the lease that dictates that you cannot do the fixes yourself!

money is not everything in life, as it should always flow
Old 02-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Burning Brakes

maybe we can get to the original question on how i can add one maybe two buttons somewhere on the dash without it looking as if it was added? and can we grow up with the poking fun at fellow acura drivers and ansewer the questions if the know them? thanx for the help anyway
Order the RSX Fog Light switch, it's a perfect fit for that slot.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:10 PM
TLover

maybe i can use those plastic strap things to hold them up. or i might screw them into a place where there is no risk of rusting. or maybe i was thinking of pluging them the whole time, no? first ask before you criticize. '
thanx for the idea of the RSX's button "Norse396" what about puting two buttons there. or maybe there is another place for a second button. thanx for helping me Norse396 and keeping on the subject.