Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everything's A Go And I Did It!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everything's A Go And I Did It!!!!!!!

Well many of you may may remember me by my screename. I was the one that leased my 05TL back in July of last year (2005) so i could get it solely in my name. I then had an accident in Dec. (2005) where i hit a slick spot while it was raining for like 2 1/2 days straight and i messed up my whole left side. They had to replace the doors, the seat from where the airbag deployed and ripped the material, replaced the side airbags, and body work around the front section on the left side where the headlight portion is. Took it to the body shop and they did a great job on it.

I then posted a thread where i was asking if anyone has ever broke out of their lease and if so, how long into it, and what was the penalty for doing so. Reason being is i didn't want to be paying on my lease for 3 years then turn around and trade it in on the RL and finance for atleast 4 yrs. or so. I really wasn't trying to do that. So make a long story short, they gave me $28,000 for my trade in on my TL and i still owed $29,xxx on my lease. I traded it in on an 05 RL (NBP/Ebony) they had on the lot that was also a lease turn in. It was a doctor, and his company leased it for a year for him. So i was able to get the "ULTIMATE" car at an excellent price, good mileage, and they didn't even add my negative, which would have been approx. $1,xxx.00 onto the price of the RL NOR did the accident factor in to the equation and effect the trade value. They also through in the decklid spoiler for free which is what i wanted. So i was able to break out of my lease and finance the RL. Something that i would've done after my 3 year lease. But i'll take it now!!!! So i'm truly happy and satisfied with the deal. My sales guy is AWESOME!!! He made it work and happen for me!

I totally luv the car. The difference b/t the RL and TL is just like night and day! The SH-AWD feature is sooo awesome! There are curves that i would normally go 40 mph around, but now i find myself doing it at like 50-55mph and it's like i'm going around it at 30mph. The handling is superb. The TL feels too tight and firm. And the ride is honestly a lil rough/tough. The RL is much more smoother. The NAVI system is far better, although i hate it's not touchscreen. It took me hours/days to get familiar with the wheel/dial. But i enjoy playing w/ it and getting familiar with the tools.

Hope this thread will help someone if you're trying to decide on making the move....
Old 06-23-2006, 08:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts
I think the TL is much prettier than the RL. I'm 19, so maybe when I'm older I'll go for the all out luxury sedan. And compared to my last car (99 Dodge Durango with 150k+ miles) the TL's ride is flawless.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:37 AM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on the RL... don't go too wild with it... Remember to drive carefully.

RL has a beautiful interior... but it's too blend outside for my taste but I am happy you like it!!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:46 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CUNextTuesday
I think the TL is much prettier than the RL. I'm 19, so maybe when I'm older I'll go for the all out luxury sedan. And compared to my last car (99 Dodge Durango with 150k+ miles) the TL's ride is flawless.
He called you 'old'

Subtle....
Old 06-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Instructor

I agree in the fact I think the RL looks more like a car a middle aged person would drive. I think the TL's lines are much sportier and thats why the younger generation draws to it so much.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:56 AM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
I have to say if I had an extra 10k, I would have went for the RL. I'm 41 yrs old.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Racer

CUNextTuesday -

The RL is not all that luxurious! That's the thing with Acura and how they make their models, all of them have a lil sport with them. The RL is no different at all. Interior is far better, and as i said the handling is worth it all to me. Have you been inside the RL? The gauges in the RL is actually a lil sportier than the ones in the TL! You ought to check it out. Oh and you were calling me "old".... I'm only 23 yrs. old bro.! :-)

I was actually thinking about going w/ another TL but believe it or not, my payments weren't even a difference of $100 more. So hey the opportunity made itself available so it was a no brainer! It was either get it now, or wait until my 3 year lease was up on my TL and get it then... I opted to get it now in order to get out of my lease and finance and i wasn't hit with any upside down negative equity or anything!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts
I know a few people with RL's...it's a great car, don't get me wrong - just not for me. The exterior alone just doesn't rub me the way my TL's does.

The AWD is great...I really wish my TL had that, livin in North Jersey the fuckin winters kill me.

Either way, congrats on the new RL
Old 06-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Drove my boss's RL last week, very nice ride. I just felt like I should have had a child seat in the back for some reason. I'm 24 so the TL is a great fit for a young professional in my book. I doubt that I will get the RL once my career advances. I'm sure I'll be able to afford something in the German V8 luxury variety by then.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:51 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Congrats on getting the car of your dreams. I think the RL looks nice, but it doesn't turn my head like the 3G TL did when it was first introduced. Besides, if it's a car that I can't shift without a clutch, it's not for me.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Burning Brakes

the RL body kit is hot
Old 06-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Slicker Than Your Average

I think the nicest Acura is definitely the 3TL. The Acura RL just seems "bland" to me. It definitely doesn't turn heads like the 2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD my brother owns.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think a RL is an old person's car IMO.

The interior with all the wood reminds me of my Dad's caddy. I don't want a caddy, just a sport luxury car that can turn heads. The TL does and RL doesn't IMO.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Banned

Congrats. It's nice to hear these refreshing stories around here once in a while.