Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dont Pay Msrp I Didnt!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Dont Pay Msrp I Didnt!!

Hey guys the prices are already coming down. "In NY anyway" Make dealers work against each other, I just purchased 04 Blue with Quartz leather Navi, 700.00 off of MSRP and a promise of 20% off the aspec retail when avaliable, The car will arrive Nov 15th and the A-spec will be installed by Dec 5th. Still 5 cars on the lot and many more coming production run for 04 is at 66,000 cars you should be able to wheel and deal soon.

I know its still not a super deal but its better then full MSRP.

Ps A-Spec is ranged to go for 5-7k Installed, and they told me that the auto does get upgraded Bremno Brake CALIPERS and Pads, So when you throw that into the picture the price is not to bad. I love the handeling on the stock car I cant imagine how the A-SPEC will drive.

Good Luck to all
Old 10-11-2003, 02:04 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Which dealer?
Old 10-11-2003, 02:05 PM
I like to mod teh Bimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-Spec $5-7K more? Its just a TL w/all spoilers, $1,500 wheels and "Special brake pads". I think they are trying to make you pay for the name!
Old 10-11-2003, 02:30 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by sweetride01
A-Spec $5-7K more? Its just a TL w/all spoilers, $1,500 wheels and "Special brake pads". I think they are trying to make you pay for the name!
Son't be silly, u get a little badge that says a-spec for the trunk too

ANYONE HAVE PICS OF THE STEERING WHEEL YET!!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 04:14 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

$700 off MRSP -- that's great! And it's soon, too.. most of the dealers here in the SF Bay Area are still charging full MSRP.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Racer

Re: Dont Pay Msrp I Didnt!!

Originally posted by Supercomputers
Hey guys the prices are already coming down. "In NY anyway" Make dealers work against each other, I just purchased 04 Blue with Quartz leather Navi, 700.00 off of MSRP and a promise of 20% off the aspec retail when avaliable, The car will arrive Nov 15th and the A-spec will be installed by Dec 5th. Still 5 cars on the lot and many more coming production run for 04 is at 66,000 cars you should be able to wheel and deal soon.

I know its still not a super deal but its better then full MSRP.

Ps A-Spec is ranged to go for 5-7k Installed, and they told me that the auto does get upgraded Bremno Brake CALIPERS and Pads, So when you throw that into the picture the price is not to bad. I love the handeling on the stock car I cant imagine how the A-SPEC will drive.

Good Luck to all
Which dealer in NY?? Did you buy a 6-Speed Manual or a auto? Becahse the dealers in NY that i went to dont know when the manual is going to be avilable and i put a deposit down at 2 dealers one in july and the other in august. I just dont know what acura is delaying the manuals for and why its such a big secret. reaaly makes me mad
Old 10-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Hen
10th Gear

I also live in NY and managed to get 250 dollars off the MSRP and I am picking up the car on Tuesday. I also asked for free wheel locks and they gave them to me (don't know if everybody's getting them for free.) They actually had the car in stock and I could pick that up anytime but I had to get my garage set up first, so I am waiting until Tuesday. I can't wait 'till Tuesday now.

By the way, I got SSM/Ebony w/ Navi combination. I was actually gonna go for the Abyss Blue, which I was very impressed when I saw it in person, with Quarts interior but then the dealer was saying I might have to wait like 2-3 months since they have to place an order for that. I am happy with the silver one though. If you are in NY/NJ area, try Valley Stream Acura dealer in NY and look for Richard. He said there are more models coming in next week or so (they had about 4 models available when I was there, only one with navi), and I am pretty sure you will have pleasant experience with them as well. I wish you guys luck too then. Have fun all.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:32 PM
10th Gear

It seems like the dealers are dreaming if they think we are going
to pay $5-7k for aerokit,wheels,and steering wheel for the manual. I am sure the aftermarket will have similar if not better choices for the 2004 tl.
Also, perhaps the best choice in wheel upgrades to consider is
forged wheels. They are significantly lighter ( 9lbs vs 37lbs each),
which will lighten the unsprung weight, improving handling and
acceleration.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally posted by Hen
I also asked for free wheel locks and they gave them to me (don't know if everybody's getting them for free.)

By the way, I got SSM/Ebony w/ Navi combination.
I paid MSRP, but asked for and received wheel locks and trunk tray at no extra charge. I don't think everyone is getting this because not everyone thinks to ask for it, or allows themselves to be charged for it.

By the way, SSM/Ebony is a great color combo, I have it too. Enjoy the car!
Old 10-11-2003, 06:44 PM
Cruisin'

Hi guys, new to the board here. I am trading in my 01 S2k for a 04 TL (I think). I went to the dealership today and they had the list for ~33k. The dealer chopped off $1,000 and is giving me a pretty sweet deal on my trade. So I am pretty sure I am going in on Monday to seal the deal. I am most prob. getting the Black with Parchment Leather. (auto/ no nav). I am damn impressed by the quality of this car. The TL is definitely the best bang for your buck. It's amazing that they pack all of these features in for the price they offer.

My buddy just picked up a blue/parchment yesterday. He's loving it. THe bluetooth feature for the phone works really well. He hasn't gotten on the engine yet as he's waiting to break it in properly. I hope it will be powerful enough to satiate my s2000 power needs .

Cheers!
Old 10-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Intermediate

Kadeshpa

I also have an S2000 ('02) and like you, have been thinking of trading it in for an 04 TL since I just had a baby and might need a more practical car. I recognized your handle from the s2ki board, and was wondering why you weren't going for the stick shift, esp after having an S2000.

I also test drove the 5AT and it's pretty impressive, but I would only get it in stick, so I've got to wait and test drive one when it comes out next month. Nevertheless, the TL is a lot of car for the money I think, and a good compromise for the S2000! Enjoy your new ride!
Old 10-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Cruisin'

FELLOW S2Ki BUDDY!!!! HAHAHA..... Yeah, see I recently got married, and my wife is not so comfy with a manual tranny. She grew up where you shift with your left hand and the clutch is activated with your right foot . What trade in value are your getting for your 02? The TL is pretty sweet eh? It's got some pretty good pep, but just like our S2k's you have to wait a bit until the tach goes up and then you feel the surge in power.

Oh BTW have you ever been to the Yardley Inn? They've got some pretty kick ass turtle soup! I used to drive my R6 there in the summer for a nice bit of tukka.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:58 PM
Race Director

I think your dealer is on drugs!

A-Spec wont be more than 3-4k Installed IF EVEN THAT!
Old 10-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Intermediate

Hi Kadeshpa

Congrats on tying the knot! Funnily enough, I grew up in Malaysia where I shifted with the left hand too! My wife would like me to get the auto, but she knows well that I'll only drive stick!

Anyways, I haven't really gotten a serious trade-in quote yet from the dealer, although I think I can get around $24K for mine. I have 8K miles on the S2000. It's hard to let the S2000 go though; it'll all come down to how the manual TL drives. The only thing I didn't really like during my test drive was how the light the power steering felt at speed. Way overboosted IMO. Then again, I guess I'm used to the S2000's feel. Did you check out the camel interior as compared to the parchment? I'm still mulling over the different color combinations...leaning towards Blue/Camel or Anthracite/Camel or Anthracite/Quartz.

Yeah, I've been to the Yardley Inn a few times. It's ok in my opinion for the price. Their star chef left recently, so they're looking for a new one I think. Too bad, as the chef had revamped the menu and made it better. Never had the turtle soup though. Do you live in the city? I used to live on the Upper West Side some years ago.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by 2004TL
I think your dealer is on drugs!

A-Spec wont be more than 3-4k Installed IF EVEN THAT!
You were saying $4k in another thread. Which is it?

People want to know....
Old 10-12-2003, 09:52 AM
Cruisin'

Hi Sonusfaber,

I am too dumb...I thought parchment and camel were the same color . I guess its the camel interior then that I liked so much. I heard reports that the steering was a bit overboosted at speed. Unfortunetly my test drive only went up to 60mph, where i really didn't notice too much of overboosting (no where near as good as our beloved s2000 though).

I live 20 mins from the city. If I lived in the city, I couldn't have a car, and I'm too much of a car nut to forgoe that option.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by EmuMessenger
You were saying $4k in another thread. Which is it?

People want to know....

I dont know, I am guessing, but I think my guess is pretty accurate.. I dont think Acura would ever charge five to seven thousand dollars for a kit and some special options!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:44 AM
Advanced

Ok....Which dealer is it? I got them to discount the destination charge, which is about $545. Please let me know which dealer gave you $700 off MSRP, i want to play them a visit. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2003, 09:33 PM
Advanced

Just got my 04 with navi for a week, and you all may want to watch out for the dealer not marking up the price of the car, but marking up on its accessories.

Like the one I have, loaded with front, rear, side aero and deck spoiler, I love that. But it was originally also 'equipped' with a lot more accessories (e.g. stick shift knob, all season floor mat, sunroof visor, etc.) that was markup double on its MSRP, like the shift knob for $195, all season floor mat $195. In short, everything double the price and said those are the installation fee. Yeah right, need to pay like $100 for the installation of the floor mat. So, I go with no add'n accessory at all except those aeros.

Finally, I was paying about $200 above MSRP on the car with the aero and spoiler, which I think is acceptable, as if for installation you need to pay outside of after markets.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:56 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
love to see pics of the new car w/ spoiler, lip or full spoiler?