Dont let your wife drive the TL

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004 | 04:38 PM
Instructor

Dont let your wife drive the TL

I was talking with another poster about this recently. Dont be that guy who buys his wife a TL just because *you* like it. Buy her a car she wants. If she wants a beetle get her a beetle. I dont need to see a potomac wife driving the TL 30 mph on the highway. And if you are a femle who bought the car because you appreciate what it is, then this does not apply to you. If you have money and I assume most people here are doing pretty well, get her an rx or mdx. And if the TL is yours, only dont let other people drive if it they dont understand what an amazing car it is. Ive said my piece
Old 09-04-2004 | 05:02 PM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

hmmm you got problems...

Originally Posted by chkelly
I was talking with another poster about this recently. Dont be that guy who buys his wife a TL just because *you* like it. Buy her a car she wants. If she wants a beetle get her a beetle. I dont need to see a potomac wife driving the TL 30 mph on the highway. And if you are a femle who bought the car because you appreciate what it is, then this does not apply to you. If you have money and I assume most people here are doing pretty well, get her an rx or mdx. And if the TL is yours, only dont let other people drive if it they dont understand what an amazing car it is. Ive said my piece
Old 09-04-2004 | 05:32 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Couldn't agree more. Your sperm recepticle belongs at home in the kitchen cooking and bathing the kids. Letting them renew their licenses is a big mistake, but its necessary for trips to the zoo to get hosed down with the other animals.

The TL is the last place a woman should be; unless she's in the back seat polishing the window levers if you know what I mean.

I've said my piece.

BJ
Old 09-04-2004 | 05:47 PM
Registered Member

Wow is he gonna catch a ration. Wait til the femi-nazis cut into him.
Old 09-04-2004 | 05:52 PM
Instructor

amen
Old 09-04-2004 | 06:06 PM
Instructor

the females on this board get my respect!!! If they are on this board they love cars and they love the TL. That is understood. I am talking about the ones driving it who dont appreciate what they have and could care less how much horsepower it has!!
Old 09-04-2004 | 06:13 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

the females on this board get my respect!!! If they are on this board they love cars and they love the TL. That is understood. I am talking about the ones driving it who dont appreciate what they have and could care less how much horsepower it has!!
I agree. Respect for the female is the key.

BJ
Old 09-04-2004 | 09:52 PM
VTEC is happiness

nice. Always wondered why Ron was smiling.
Old 09-04-2004 | 10:14 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
nice. Always wondered why Ron was smiling.
He's talking about Ron McDonald, not Ron A, but I would be smiling too if I was in his red booties (pun intended).
Old 09-04-2004 | 10:25 PM
Burning Brakes

I let me wife drive the TL whenever. She does appreciate the car for what it is. Besides, she drives a 90 Integra daily and lets me drive the TL and lets my NSX sit in garage.
Old 09-05-2004 | 03:39 AM
Registered TL Lover

Well I am out to sea out here defending the country when i get a email from my wife saying she hit 2 BIG @$$ pot holes in turn bending the rim continued to drive on the bent rim messing up the balance and alighnment. needless to say i was pretty but Tonya Lee is doing much better now gotta love warrenty i cant wait to get back in 3 months to buy her a new outfit including dress (A-spec) shoes (rims) sunglasses (tint and shade thingy for moon roof and doors) Getting wife a yamaha to go pot holeing in....
Old 09-05-2004 | 03:40 AM
Registered TL Lover

oh by the way Tonya Lee=TL she's half black half asian all sexy
Old 09-05-2004 | 03:59 AM
mio
Police

i saw Ferraris 60km/h on the highway twice~
Old 09-05-2004 | 06:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Actually, my wife doesn't drive my TL. But it's only for practical reasons:

1. I don't want my ECU reprogrammed (she drives like a granny) and I told her so (she said "whatever, make a god out of your car" , she says that whenever I go out to Zaino the car too).
2. I made sure to buy her the car she actually wanted, so she doesn't want to drive my car anyway--works out for me.

I still bought a 5AT when I really wanted a 6MT because the wife has to be able to drive it in an emergency.

BTW: RJANACONDA, thank you for your service. Your TL is well-deserved .
Old 09-05-2004 | 08:11 AM
Intermediate

I let my wife drive my TL and she does not notice anything except for the over boosted steering when she drives it with one hand on turns.
Old 09-05-2004 | 08:40 AM
Pro

No problem letting my wife drive my cars (TL 6MT and 427 Cobra Replica). My wife has an RSX Type S which comes with a 6MT. She's a great driver and sometimes racer. To top it off, my mother, who's old enough to be a grandmother drives a Porsche Boxster (5MT) and she drives that car well.
Old 09-05-2004 | 09:14 AM
Registered TL Lover

Hey thanks Bob it gets kinda hard out here sometimes especially when things arent going good at home cuz you fell like you can't do anything to help
Old 09-05-2004 | 10:27 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by RJANACONDA
Well I am out to sea out here defending the country when i get a email from my wife saying she hit 2 BIG @$$ pot holes in turn bending the rim continued to drive on the bent rim messing up the balance and alighnment. needless to say i was pretty but Tonya Lee is doing much better now gotta love warrenty i cant wait to get back in 3 months to buy her a new outfit including dress (A-spec) shoes (rims) sunglasses (tint and shade thingy for moon roof and doors) Getting wife a yamaha to go pot holeing in....

Thank you and God Bless
Old 09-05-2004 | 11:59 AM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Originally Posted by RJANACONDA
Not to threadjack, but once again...thank you for your service.

Regards,
Old 09-05-2004 | 12:37 PM
Registered Member

You know.. several days ago, at work no less, I read RJANACONDA's post and fully intended to make this remark.

That you sir, for your service to our country. You are to be thanked and honored for your efforts.

I regret that I missed doing this when I first thought of it.
Old 09-07-2004 | 09:53 AM
In the bizarro world...

I bought my TL because I love the look of the car, I love the quality, I love the handling, and most of all I love the speed!

BoltJames - In reference to your lame comments, please note the following:

Not all women belong home in the kitchen, for that matter I don't belong home in the kitchen, but my foot does belong somewhere ........shoved up your ass.

Do you ever run in to problems with your big head? Approximately how fast does it expand??? Do you ever have to call places in advance to check the width of the doorways, to make sure your head will fit through???
....mere curiosity.

Climb off your high horse.
I wouldn't let you wash my car..........for that matter, I wouldn't let you WATCH ME wash my car.

Yours truly,
Never a dull moment
Old 09-07-2004 | 10:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NEVERaDuLLmoment
I bought my TL because I love the look of the car, I love the quality, I love the handling, and most of all I love the speed!

Not all women belong home in the kitchen, for that matter I don't belong home in the kitchen, but my foot does belong somewhere ........shoved up your ass.

Do you ever run in to problems with your big head? Approximately how fast does it expand??? Do you ever have to call places in advance to check the width of the doorways, to make sure your head will fit through???
....mere curiosity.

I wouldn't let you wash my car..........for that matter, I wouldn't let you WATCH ME wash my car.

Yours truly,
Never a dull moment
I concur completely with this statement. It is a shame that someone has to drag down a perfectly good thread with comments like that.
Old 09-07-2004 | 10:48 AM
Racer

Yeah, I wish she'd just keep it to herself and let BJ say his piece!
Old 09-07-2004 | 12:18 PM
In the bizarro world...

Originally Posted by MyJohnson
Yeah, I wish she'd just keep it to herself and let BJ say his piece!

Old 09-07-2004 | 01:53 PM
Racer

Uh Oh, see, now she's makin' offers! I don't look anything like Ronald McDonald (and I'm just kidding, lighten up! Couldn't help but comment. I'm married and have three daughters and wouldn't let BJ come near them! Sorry, BJ!)
Old 09-07-2004 | 02:20 PM
In the bizarro world...

Originally Posted by MyJohnson
Uh Oh, see, now she's makin' offers! I don't look anything like Ronald McDonald (and I'm just kidding, lighten up! Couldn't help but comment. I'm married and have three daughters and wouldn't let BJ come near them! Sorry, BJ!)
I don't make offers

I know you were kidding, as was I.

Just remember - your 3 daughters have to grow up in a world with chauvinists similar to BJ
Old 09-07-2004 | 06:33 PM
Banned

BTW are you cute? Lets see some pics of your car and you! Then we can decide if you're kitchen or centerfold material! Don't get exited though, all centerfolds become kitchen material sooner or later . I know I'm a mysogenistic pig, but, I'm proud of it :whocares:
Old 09-07-2004 | 08:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Good one!

I got the TL for my wife.

Best trade I ever made. <rim shot>

XP
Old 09-07-2004 | 08:08 PM

....mere curiosity.

Yours truly,
Never a dull moment
OWNED!
Old 09-07-2004 | 08:10 PM

You then don't want to know what guys in M3s and AMGs, Vipers etc think about you bub.....
Old 09-07-2004 | 09:15 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

....mere curiosity.

Yours truly,
Never a dull moment

Please read what the original poster wrote when he started this thread. I'll wait a sec for you. Done? Good.

Now read what I wrote again, but make sure you push the sarcasm button on your computer. It's right there, wedged between the "delete" and "page down" keys. See it? Let me know when you're done reading it again. Good. There you go. See? I'm not so bad, am I? My reply was a parody of what the OP wrote in his first post. Glad you get it now.

The internet is a lot more fun when you hit 'em with the sarcasm but leave off the little smiley things. Like training wheels for the web, the old serves no purpose now for we sophisticates now does it? You own a TL, therefore you must be keenly intelligent.

Good luck with your car! Better yet, keep yourself wedged right there between the "insert" and "page up" keys instead.

Is the offer of the foot shoving still valid? PM me....I'm interested.

BJ
Old 09-07-2004 | 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vtechbrain
BTW are you cute? Lets see some pics of your car and you! Then we can decide if you're kitchen or centerfold material!
I'm betting she is.
Old 09-08-2004 | 12:31 AM
Instructor

I cannot believe anyone could think BJ was serious in his initial comments! The sarcasm was so loud I had to close my laptop in fear of waking my kids. Come on people, get a grip!
Old 09-08-2004 | 09:00 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by daviddww
I cannot believe anyone could think BJ was serious in his initial comments! The sarcasm was so loud I had to close my laptop in fear of waking my kids. Come on people, get a grip!
Thank you for the comment, which should not have been needed, but often is in bj's postings. Somewhere in most every thread bj posts in, someone will put in a comment like yours, which is so very true.

I usually do it but I am getting tired of telling people that bj is joking half of the time, or more. I have even asked bj to start every thread with a I am joking/I am not joking statement, but of course he ignores that.
Old 09-08-2004 | 10:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Guess we just need to get used to him, or ignore him, whichever we seem best.
Old 09-08-2004 | 11:05 AM
Racer

I bought the TL for my wife. That way I don't have to let her drive the C6.
Old 09-08-2004 | 11:08 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by daviddww
Ah, finally an intelligent TL owner comes through in my defense. Try it yourself. Type something sarcastic but leave off the just for fun.

BJ
Old 09-08-2004 | 11:35 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by boltjames
Couldn't agree more. Your sperm recepticle belongs at home in the kitchen cooking and bathing the kids. Letting them renew their licenses is a big mistake, but its necessary for trips to the zoo to get hosed down with the other animals.

The TL is the last place a woman should be; unless she's in the back seat polishing the window levers if you know what I mean.

I've said my piece.

BJ
What a pity Tom Leykis isn't on the air in New York anymore - you'd be a regular listener.

As for the rest of you pussies, leave BJ alone - he's right and you know it!
Old 09-09-2004 | 10:13 AM
In the bizarro world...

Originally Posted by boltjames
Please read what the original poster wrote when he started this thread. I'll wait a sec for you. Done? Good.

Now read what I wrote again, but make sure you push the sarcasm button on your computer. It's right there, wedged between the "delete" and "page down" keys. See it? Let me know when you're done reading it again. Good. There you go. See? I'm not so bad, am I? My reply was a parody of what the OP wrote in his first post. Glad you get it now.

The internet is a lot more fun when you hit 'em with the sarcasm but leave off the little smiley things. Like training wheels for the web, the old serves no purpose now for we sophisticates now does it? You own a TL, therefore you must be keenly intelligent.

Good luck with your car! Better yet, keep yourself wedged right there between the "insert" and "page up" keys instead.

Is the offer of the foot shoving still valid? PM me....I'm interested.

BJ

I'm guessing you can tell a joke, but you really can't take one???? Damn, I'd think with such an enormous head, you wouldn't be so dense..... I guess I was wrong.

As for shoving my foot up your ass, yes, the offer still stands...

I'll even keep my stilettos on, that way it is more pleasurable for you. <--You can't say I'm not considerate!
Old 09-09-2004 | 10:16 AM
In the bizarro world...

Damn it!

I forgot something!

Just for you bj!