it is done...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004 | 01:23 AM
Instructor

it is done...

I have got my baby parked in my garage... safe and sound... i drove it for a good 25 miles back home and it had no vibrations that i could notice and i havent checked out the memory yet, but dont think it'll be much of a problem. Thanks everyone for all your help. This car is just insanely beautiful and technologically advanced.

PS: one questions i pushed the XM button for the first time and it says to call a number to set it up? HOw am i suppose to set it up?
Old 03-27-2004 | 01:28 AM
Racer

my dealer set it up for me the day I purchased my TL.
Old 03-27-2004 | 01:34 AM
Racer

The dealer should have taken care of it for you.

Click here to set it up yourself.
Old 03-27-2004 | 03:32 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: it is done...

Originally posted by EulisCool
I have got my baby parked in my garage... safe and sound... i drove it for a good 25 miles back home and it had no vibrations that i could notice and i havent checked out the memory yet, but dont think it'll be much of a problem. Thanks everyone for all your help. This car is just insanely beautiful and technologically advanced.

PS: one questions i pushed the XM button for the first time and it says to call a number to set it up? HOw am i suppose to set it up?

Congratulations.

Some dealers do the activation of XM for customers. Others don't.

I prefer to calling XM instead of applying online. If my memory is right, the online application requires my credit card to set up the whole thing, but our 3-month-free-XM service should be activated without it. You may end up with paying years' extension after 3 months trial, but I just don't like to give out my credit card info before the right point.

So, I called, told them I'm the new owner of 04TL, then my XM ID, and turn on my XM for a period of time, it's ON. (XM said the system should stay under the open sky for extended 10-60 minutes in order to process the activation into your XM.)

Enjoy.

Old 03-27-2004 | 07:05 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Turn the XM radio to Channel 0 (zero).

Get the XM pamphlet out of the TL's owners manual folio.

Call the phone number in the pamphlet, tell the operator your XM ID (on the screen on Channel 0), tell her it's an Acura TL with the "3 months free" feature and you're done. It'll take about 20 minutes for all the stations to come up.

Make sure you do Lucy
Old 03-27-2004 | 08:35 AM
Instructor

hahah you know it was activated... i just thought it wasnt because it was set on channel 0 and i had no idea how to change channels. This car has way too many features and the manual is way too big... another question... when the car is in Reverse shouldnt the mirrors tilt down? i know my friends 03 CL Type-S did this...?
Old 03-27-2004 | 08:57 AM
Zaino under fingernails

"Do" Lucy...

LOL, boltjames
Old 03-27-2004 | 09:03 AM
Team Secretary of Housing

Congrats Eul

Another happy TL Father.....
For either of the mirrors to tilt the mirror selection knob has to be on one of the sides. Whichever side it is on is the one that will tilt when in reverse. Contact me direct if you have any questions I will be glad to fill you in.
Bruce
Old 03-27-2004 | 09:25 AM
Racer

Originally posted by EulisCool
hahah you know it was activated... i just thought it wasnt because it was set on channel 0 and i had no idea how to change channels. This car has way too many features and the manual is way too big... another question... when the car is in Reverse shouldnt the mirrors tilt down? i know my friends 03 CL Type-S did this...?
Set the mirror adjustment switch to left or right and that mirror will tilt down when you put the car in reverse. If it is set to the middle postioin, neither mirror will tilt.
Old 03-27-2004 | 11:14 AM
Instructor

i took it for a spin for the first time during daylight... man with the windows down bumpin to channel 66 on my XM (the stereo isnt all that its cracked up to be, maybe i havent set it up right? My prelude sounded better?)... i wanna live in my car.... lol