3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have 'Specific' Injen CAI Install Instructions without removing bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Need More HP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Does anyone have 'Specific' Injen CAI Install Instructions without removing bumper?

I have seen many general posts on this. Does anyone have specifics A to Z install instructions?
Old 02-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know about the Injen CAI, but I have the K&N Typhoon and I installed it without removing the bumper. All of the aftermarket CAI's are pretty much the same so I can't believe they would differ from each other. You can download the K&N instructions from their website: K&N Typhoon
Hope this helps.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:22 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by mporter410
I don't know about the Injen CAI, but I have the K&N Typhoon and I installed it without removing the bumper. All of the aftermarket CAI's are pretty much the same so I can't believe they would differ from each other. You can download the K&N instructions from their website: K&N Typhoon
Hope this helps.

I also have the K&N CAI and didnt have to remove the bumper. While I dont have step by step instructions...
What I did was remove as much of the OEM intake/parts as possible...then removed the wheel and got rid of the splash guards. The hardest part was finding the little bolts that held the stock unit in place...once those were removed it was easy. Just feel around for them with your hand and then put a socket in there to get them out. Install took a little under an hour w/o removing the bumper and taking my time.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:34 PM
TL Driva

i just jacked the car up, put it on stands, took off the Front right wheel... unscrewed the wheelwell on the front side, folded it back, and then took everything out from there. like someone said earlier, its tricky to find where all the little bolts are, but u can figure it out when u just jiggle it around, and feel where its still holdin on... check out my site to see what the finish product looks like: http://www.cardomain.com/id/tldriva04 lemme know what u think, and how the install goes
Old 02-24-2005, 09:59 AM
321 whp SAE

no pics on there of the intake..
Old 02-24-2005, 10:50 AM
VTEC HoooA

Can anyone with the K&N installed comment on the performance improvement experienced? I currently have the drop in, and noticed a decrease in the hesitation I used to experience when mashing the throttle, but little else.

Is there a large difference in the ambient noise at idle/full throttle?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-24-2005, 11:20 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Nodoze2004
Can anyone with the K&N installed comment on the performance improvement experienced? I currently have the drop in, and noticed a decrease in the hesitation I used to experience when mashing the throttle, but little else.

Is there a large difference in the ambient noise at idle/full throttle?

Thanks in advance!
I have the K&N and I noticed that whenever I was playing around with the gas pedal there was a whistle from the intake...under full throttle there is a deep whoosh sound. Its not really annoying with the windows rolled up, but when I drive with the driver side window down the noise is kind of annoying. This is just my opinion, its not bad enough to make me want to remove the intake and install the stock system.
I installed an AEM short ram on a 05 BMW yesterday, just for perspective, and the interior noise is really annoying. You can constantly hear the filter sucking in air, over the radio at times. If my TL sounded like that I would throw the intake away.
In short, if you are sensitive to noise changes or high pitched whistling sounds (at times) keep your windows up. As for the performance, didnt really notice anything, I did my mufflers and exhaust at the same time so I guess im not allowed to comment on this.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gitRplyr09
i just jacked the car up, put it on stands, took off the Front right wheel
The front RIGHT wheel?
Old 02-24-2005, 03:57 PM
TL Driva

Originally Posted by TLover
The front RIGHT wheel?

front driverside wheel... my bad