Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the 2006 TL Have A Black Box??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the 2006 TL Have A Black Box??

I got into a car accident today and I'm wondering if a 2006 tl have a black box. Thanks
Old 10-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

From the 3G TL Garage:

L-028: Black box??
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78651
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83664
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/there-anyone-here-can-host-video-101067/
Old 10-07-2006, 03:59 AM
Cruisin'

the car got towed to acura dealership, did i make the right choice? Some guy told me its gonna cost at least 10-11k to fix the car, should i keep the car afterwards or sell it right away? i just got it 2 months ago. Some advices please, Thanks in advance
Old 10-07-2006, 05:51 AM
5th Gear

I feel your pain

Just got the car less than a month ago. Drove it gently for 700 miles and let my sister drive it for 30 mins to a friends house cause I was blocking her in the driveway. She rammed it into a brick wall. Second tank of gas and didn't even VTEC it yet. Gonna make two payments on the TL while driving a rental WTF!? I am gonna wait until its fixed to see if its a keeper or not. I have a 2001 M coupe with 15K damage and was fixed better than new so just gonna wait and see. Good luck and take it to a good shop.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Cruisin'

Some ppl told me that my warranty will be voided by acura after my accident, can they do that????? I think its best if I do it at the dealership, so they don't give me any problems in the future when i bring it back for service. I do want to keep the car, but it probably wont feel the same when I'm driving it.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Opium den in

How did she hit the wall, head on? You need to look out for chassis and suspension damage, those are major factors right there.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:09 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
why are you scared of the black box? how fast were you going? they prolly wont pull it out to check it unless you killed someone or totaled the car.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ayethetiense
why are you scared of the black box? how fast were you going? they prolly wont pull it out to check it unless you killed someone or totaled the car.

I'm not scared of the black box, I only want to see if my insurance can use it on the other driver. The lady hit me at full impact going at least 50mph on local. NYC Poice are jerkoffs because I didn't even give them a full report on what happened and they walked away. Looks like the accident report is blaming me for what happened.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:04 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
the black box only has info on you, not the other driver. i dont see how that is going to help you.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ayethetiense
the black box only has info on you, not the other driver. i dont see how that is going to help you.

Wouldnt it show how fast my airbags came out? the faster the impact the faster it comes out right? i dont know.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, Ford has been using this for quite some time. It clearly states in their owner's manual that the information is available to Ford, police, and insurance companies. It only saves the last little bit of drive time...but I can't remember how long that is. It records speed, throttle position, brake position, engine rpm, etc. They will definitely be able to tell what you were doing. I have no idea if it can save your highest speed recorded. I would doubt that.

What is really scary is if you have something like GM Onstar, they can really get into privacy issues. One thing law enforcement lobbied for when this technology was being implimented was the ability to listen and record conversations in the car. That way, all they would have to do is get a warrant, flip a switch remotely, and listen to what's being said. Scary stuff. But the manufacturer's balked at this...as far as we know.

Another thing it can and does do is monitor your emission systems. Again, on Onstar or similar equipped vehicles, it can burst the data to law enforcement officials and inform them if you're out of compliance. The next thing you know is you get a letter telling you to bring the car in for service or else. Don't believe that this is possible? Look at the current GM vehicles that can send you an email detailing the current state of your vehicle.

So how close are we to having a vehicle with GPS, Onstar type capabilities and the little black box and know just exactly how fast you're going in exactly what spot and sending that data to law enforcement? You get a notice in the mail stating you were doing 90 in a 65 at 6:30 p.m. on route 101 at mile marker 346. The technology is there guys.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:14 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Final
How did she hit the wall, head on? You need to look out for chassis and suspension damage, those are major factors right there.
Yup HEAD ON!!!! I dont think she even hit the brakes but she is not telling what happened. 45 degree down slope for an underground garge. Too bad she didnt run thru the garage door instead. Geico started with a $6k estimate but the body shop says its gonna be much more after they tear it down.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Cruisin'

I have a friend that works for the service department at acura. He said there's no black box.......
Old 10-08-2006, 08:00 PM
DRINKING HAS A ME PROBLEM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
6k is where mine started. and it ended at 12k. good luck
Old 10-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CobraGuy
Actually, Ford has been using this for quite some time. It clearly states in their owner's manual that the information is available to Ford, police, and insurance companies. It only saves the last little bit of drive time...but I can't remember how long that is. It records speed, throttle position, brake position, engine rpm, etc. They will definitely be able to tell what you were doing. I have no idea if it can save your highest speed recorded. I would doubt that.

What is really scary is if you have something like GM Onstar, they can really get into privacy issues. One thing law enforcement lobbied for when this technology was being implimented was the ability to listen and record conversations in the car. That way, all they would have to do is get a warrant, flip a switch remotely, and listen to what's being said. Scary stuff. But the manufacturer's balked at this...as far as we know.

Another thing it can and does do is monitor your emission systems. Again, on Onstar or similar equipped vehicles, it can burst the data to law enforcement officials and inform them if you're out of compliance. The next thing you know is you get a letter telling you to bring the car in for service or else. Don't believe that this is possible? Look at the current GM vehicles that can send you an email detailing the current state of your vehicle.

So how close are we to having a vehicle with GPS, Onstar type capabilities and the little black box and know just exactly how fast you're going in exactly what spot and sending that data to law enforcement? You get a notice in the mail stating you were doing 90 in a 65 at 6:30 p.m. on route 101 at mile marker 346. The technology is there guys.

already happening wit the onstar stuff....

and the gps speed stuff is being used in rentals already...