Sponsored by:

Do you own a TL A-Spec in San Jose, CA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you own a TL A-Spec in San Jose, CA?

Hello,

I know this sounds like a strange request, but...

I am about to take delivery on a Satin Silver TL 5AT w/NAVI, however I am still debating the A-Spec kit. I've read most of the posts on this board regarding the kit, but seeing it in person and riding in it (before I lay down $5k) is another matter.

So, if you currently own an 04 TL w/A-Spec and live near San Jose, CA, are you willing to meet somewhere to show off your car, and help out a guy in the process? I'd be very grateful.

Heck, I'll even throw in $25 for your time and trouble.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!
-Chris
Old 07-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Douglas Colt posts:

Ozone, just out of curiosity, where did you purchase your TL and what price were you able to negotiate up here in the Bay area? Congrats on the purchase!
Old 07-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dwcolt
Douglas Colt posts:

Ozone, just out of curiosity, where did you purchase your TL and what price were you able to negotiate up here in the Bay area? Congrats on the purchase!
Doug - one week ago, I put down a $500 deposit for the next 5AT with NAVI to roll off the truck. The car arrived at the dealer yesterday. Once the deal is done, I'll let you know the specifics. From what I am told so far by all the dealers in this area is that they not discounting units with the NAVI - that it's MSRP or nothing. However, I'll do my best, and at least try to get a good deal on the A-Spec kit and accessories, using eBay dealer prices as a negotiating point.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:08 PM
Racer

Now way on the A_SPEC for SSM. I purposely did not get the A_SPEC because of the wheels.
The OEM A_SPEC Rims look horrible on the SSM.
If you want it, get black or Anthracite. Otherwise, just buy the parts separately.
Many agree with this on the forum.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Michaelvg1
Now way on the A_SPEC for SSM. I purposely did not get the A_SPEC because of the wheels.
The OEM A_SPEC Rims look horrible on the SSM.
If you want it, get black or Anthracite. Otherwise, just buy the parts separately.
Many agree with this on the forum.
Yeah, I was worried about that color combo (darker rims on silver car), but the pictures I've seen don't look too bad. Strange that Acura would use the Silver A-Spec in some of their official literature on this kit if it's not a good combo. Anyway, I anticipated this problem and it's one of the main reasons why I want to see one in person - plus I am curious if the new suspension makes for a relatively uncomfortable ride (which is the main reason why I am selling my otherwise-beloved BMW M3 after 7 years).

So, you're sticking with the stock rims and tires on your partial A-Spec until you find something that looks good?
Old 07-20-2004, 04:34 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Build your own kit. You could buy all the parts seperately, minus the unnecissary parts (steering wheel, brakes), and put nice rims on that cost less ( www.ronjonwheels.com ), and even add stuff like CAI, and pay less for more. My suggestion would be Comptech Springs for the suspension, unless you want to shell out a lot more for the A-spec suspension (softer than Comptechs), Ron Jon Inspyres or Servos since they are custom made for the TL, the A-spec body kit installed yourself or at the dealer, an Injen CAI with a bypass valve, and anything else you'd like. Custom A-spec.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Instructor

I am very surprised you went ahead and purchased the 04 TL this late in the year when you know the 05's are coming out. But then again I am itchin to get one too. But you .. you actually did it.

Are you not concerned about the deprecation of the car in a couple months ? That is one of my worries and also who knows what the 05's will have -

I am in san jose also and the combo you got I am also interested in .. but not the a-spec kit.. 5k you can do alot of aftermarket stuff with it later on.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:24 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dlouly47
I am very surprised you went ahead and purchased the 04 TL this late in the year when you know the 05's are coming out. But then again I am itchin to get one too. But you .. you actually did it.

Are you not concerned about the deprecation of the car in a couple months ? That is one of my worries and also who knows what the 05's will have -

I am in san jose also and the combo you got I am also interested in .. but not the a-spec kit.. 5k you can do alot of aftermarket stuff with it later on.
Yeah...but I have a feeling that the only thing that is going to change will be an increase in price. So, it is a gamble. Also, the depreciation is really only a concern if one plans to sell the car within a couple of years...otherwise I don't think it means much, except perhaps slightly lower car insurance rates. At worst, I will have an 04 will relatively low miles compared to most 04's that would be on the used market at any one time. Is there something I am missing here?

Ugh, there's always a trade-off. This has been a tough decision.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Instructor

Douglas Colt posts:

I've heard the same thing with respect to the price of the navi models- MSRP take it or leave it. I definitely don't think you're missing anything by taking an '04 model as I suspect there's going to be a pretty substantial price hike, given the popularity of these cars. And you're right about the depreciation; if you're talking a couple of years down the road, one model year really doesn't matter. Good luck with the delivery and congrats on the purchase! You're going to love the car.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:23 PM