3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do other drivers really hate the TL/TLS that much? UPDATE- Bagel!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 338 Posts
i don't have assholes throwing stuff at me, but me and my buddy do not understand why we get stared down riding in my car.

this is my TL

just regular car with springs and a little bit of exhaust note. yet SOMEHOW we get stared at by what must be 60% of people we pass.

which is also more looks than in my previous car

and more than in his car

and neither of us drive like assholes anymore. hell...my avg highway speed is 65-70 mph and i'm a daily commuter into Chicago. no i do not sit in the left lane. most passing is done in the right 2 lanes around here.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq
^ They were driving defensively and stopped when they thought you were not going to yield as you approached 'pretty quickly.' IF just IF they hadn't stopped and you hadn't stopped what would have happened? Calling someone (you) an asshole on Christmas Day was not cool.

I understand their mentality for slowing/stopping (beings cautious), but to actually roll down a window, stop and yell at someone who did *nothing* wrong was ridiculous.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Technically, you did nothing wrong but there is a driving etiquette that you violated. It's called respecting other drivers around you. Making others stop, yield, swerve, panic.... because of your actions is what I am referring to. Again, I agree with you that calling you a name on Christmas Day was not appropriate. Just my two cents.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
like others said the driving habits of people have to do with the pace they live their life. People on the east coast run at a million miles an hour while people in the midwest like to live life a little slower... people on the west coast operate at a snails pace. MY dad and I were talking about this at christmas if you make a call to someone on the east coast asking for something they will get back to you that day. Midwest might take a day or two west coast they prly will get back to you in a week after you have called them two times. But the biggest thing i hated about living on the east coast coming from the midwest its normal to say hello to someone you dont know in a grocery store and strike up a conversation. Most people on the east coast just give you a strange face if you attempt this. Its just two very different styles of living.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:47 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by joelmatt89
like others said the driving habits of people have to do with the pace they live their life. People on the east coast run at a million miles an hour while people in the midwest like to live life a little slower... people on the west coast operate at a snails pace. MY dad and I were talking about this at christmas if you make a call to someone on the east coast asking for something they will get back to you that day. Midwest might take a day or two west coast they prly will get back to you in a week after you have called them two times. But the biggest thing i hated about living on the east coast coming from the midwest its normal to say hello to someone you dont know in a grocery store and strike up a conversation. Most people on the east coast just give you a strange face if you attempt this. Its just two very different styles of living.
^^This. I live in the South an it's VERY normal to say hello, how are you? etc, and randomly have strangers compliment you or talk about something in general. My friends who're not from here find that very weird. They love the rudeness up north.Creeps my friend Jess out. She's was telling me about a little old lady who just started talking to her out the blue.It's NORMAL here.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i live in NJ too, bunch of charcters out here...but since my racing days have just started i would have dusted that german p.o.s.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 167 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Moe5193
i live in NJ too, bunch of charcters out here...but since my racing days have just started i would have dusted that german p.o.s.

lol..good dreaming young jedi.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
the best bagels are the cinnamon crunch ones at panera bread. get one of those toasted with honey butter and you're set.

hope that helps.
OMG you are so right....I LOVE their bagels. That hazelnut coffee that have is ballin' too.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:26 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
^^This. I live in the South an it's VERY normal to say hello, how are you? etc, and randomly have strangers compliment you or talk about something in general. My friends who're not from here find that very weird. They love the rudeness up north.Creeps my friend Jess out. She's was telling me about a little old lady who just started talking to her out the blue.It's NORMAL here.
After reading that I guess I was not in Jersey-must have been a different state- I have no problems talking to strangers. I also have many others saying Hi and we talk while waiting at the checkout or just in general. Yes there are the rude ones but I find that here in NC-does not make everyone in NC rude and unfriendly and neither does it in NJ. If we ever meet up do not be shocked if I say Hi.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ya'll should try rolling down your window to say hi to a stranger in New Orleans.... hahahaha hope you have bullet proof glass!

Most of the drivers down here drive pretty slow, partially because the most popular car of choice is an 80's model cutlass that will likely hang a rod out of the block if you drive it too fast. lol
Old 12-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by mrlal8

best state in the US
ive lived in alabama, cali (majority of my life), massachusetts, connecticut, NJ (most of my life too) live in the state before you talk we have more to offer than any other state

My dad has lived in Jersey for a good part of his life,

East Orange, Newark and some other cities and he is the opposite of you, he said Cali is way better and has more to offer.

My cousin actually just moved out here to Cali (lived in Jersey for 29 years) longer then you were born and said Jersey is a fuckin nut shell.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:18 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
After reading that I guess I was not in Jersey-must have been a different state- I have no problems talking to strangers. I also have many others saying Hi and we talk while waiting at the checkout or just in general. Yes there are the rude ones but I find that here in NC-does not make everyone in NC rude and unfriendly and neither does it in NJ. If we ever meet up do not be shocked if I say Hi.
HI!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by lilusadude
Ya'll should try rolling down your window to say hi to a stranger in New Orleans.... hahahaha hope you have bullet proof glass!

Most of the drivers down here drive pretty slow, partially because the most popular car of choice is an 80's model cutlass that will likely hang a rod out of the block if you drive it too fast. lol
I've been there a couple of times. I totally blended in. Went there for some teeth...
Old 12-28-2011, 01:18 PM
MAS
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 261 Posts
Jersey is hardcore huh

You gotta move down to FLorida....we only get spit on by these guys.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ban
Old 01-05-2012, 09:39 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think because since you have the money to buy such a nice car, they believe you should ultimately push its limits and not be such of a pansy. In my own personal matter, they are just dumb and immature.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts
I think OP is full of it or he's driving like a dick to get this kind of attention. As for people hating on the TL, comeon guys, it's pretty much a entry level luxury car and it's still a Honda at the end of the day. I doubt very many people are hating on my FWD car. Don't get me wrong though, I love my TL-S but it's not a luxury car some people on this forum make it out to be.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:53 AM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by Flipster23
My dad has lived in Jersey for a good part of his life,

East Orange, Newark and some other cities and he is the opposite of you, he said Cali is way better and has more to offer.

My cousin actually just moved out here to Cali (lived in Jersey for 29 years) longer then you were born and said Jersey is a fuckin nut shell.
have lived in Jersey a lot longer and also visited Ca. numerous times. What does Ca have that Jersey does not. Ca has it's share of strange people. How many sane people set things on fire, tape it and brag.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:56 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
have lived in Jersey a lot longer and also visited Ca. numerous times. What does Ca have that Jersey does not. Ca has it's share of strange people. How many sane people set things on fire, tape it and brag.
yeah cali has its share of weirdos and nut jobs like everywhere else.

biggest difference is the way of thinking and perspective (east coast vs. west coast). having now lived on the east coast and grown up on the west coast....i miss cali, the people are nicer and not as uptight...there are a few other things, but those are the major ones. maybe the arsonist is getting too much sun in cali

cali also offers one of the only places where you can go to the beach to watch gorgeous sunsets over the pacific and go to the snow (real skiing on a real mtn) 4 hours apart.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:11 AM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
yeah cali has its share of weirdos and nut jobs like everywhere else.

biggest difference is the way of thinking and perspective (east coast vs. west coast). having now lived on the east coast and grown up on the west coast....i miss cali, the people are nicer and not as uptight...there are a few other things, but those are the major ones. maybe the arsonist is getting too much sun in cali

cali also offers one of the only places where you can go to the beach to watch gorgeous sunsets over the pacific and go to the snow (real skiing on a real mtn) 4 hours apart.
In our cross country travels we found many nice friendly people in each state-then there was the a-holes. I am what you call a people person. Try to be friendly to others. Yes those sunsets on the ocean in CA are beautiful. The sunrises on the east coast coast are, too. Not a snow person-so I could live without. One of the reasons we moved from the Poconos in Pa to NC.
Ca has In and Out-love those burgers-
Why did you move to the east coast?

Last edited by nj2pa2nc; 01-06-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts

lol..good dreaming young jedi.
I've taken BMW and Benz in my TL.. but prob beat the driver more than the car... most of them are wannabe Fast and Furious but too scared to go HAM
Then again I have taken german drivers off the start block as well who tried to be serious..
The only german cars I have issues beating are either VWs or Audis.. VW because I cant take them serious until 2 seconds into it... and Audis.. well S4 or S6 or higher... I am not ready yet to beat a V8... but I will be...

Last edited by FCVadi; 01-06-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: forgot quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:49 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
In our cross country travels we found many nice friendly people in each state-then there was the a-holes. I am what you call a people person. Try to be friendly to others. Yes those sunsets on the ocean in CA are beautiful. The sunrises on the east coast coast are, too. Not a snow person-so I could live without. One of the reasons we moved from the Poconos in Pa to NC.
Ca has In and Out-love those burgers-
Why did you move to the east coast?
in and out....YUM!

grad school, then the career kept me out here.

i'm not a snow person either...but tahoe is beautiful year round!