3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do other drivers really hate the TL/TLS that much? UPDATE- Bagel!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 151 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by guiltyox
you're a better man than i...i would have stopped traffic to pull my car in front of him, and used his face to wipe the spit off my car, .
+458632155
Old 12-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im from nOrth nj and ive never had this problem in my tls or nsx

Maybe becausE i never look at the other driver/car when they dive right next to me when they can easily just pass me. I dont give them any attention.

I feel like me acknowleding them gives them more of a reason to act stupid
Old 12-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
It's partly the car and partly your location. Consider it a stroke of bad luck combined with that busy/stressful time of the year.

And frankly I'm not surprised it was a BMW driver. Not all of them are like that but most of the assholes I deal with on the road are driving one.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Want friendly people? Move to the Midwest. I wouldn't live in NJ or NY if someone paid me to.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:40 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by cjTL
Want friendly people? Move to the Midwest. I wouldn't live in NJ or NY if someone paid me to.
^ I've always wanted to go to NJ/NY but damn... im so used to the small town country/quiet living that NYC i'd get lost in and the most lanes ive driven in on the interstate was 3. Im so used to having a backyard that city-living wouldnt cut it for me. I could literally walk from my neighborhood to downtown where the courthouse is in less than 10 miles. And Im NOWHERE near the city limits.BTW wth is a stoop and why does NYC have boroughs? AND WHY DO PEOPLE EAT CREAM OF WHEAT? Grits are great. I love cheese grits and fried fish in for breakfast sometimes. Never tried it, and what's the deal with saying pop instead of soda or ordering ice tea and puttin sugar into it INSTEAD of ordering just sweet tea (like we do here)? lol a bunch of randomness right now.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:50 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
^ I've always wanted to go to NJ/NY but damn... im so used to the small town country/quiet living that NYC i'd get lost in and the most lanes ive driven in on the interstate was 3. Im so used to having a backyard that city-living wouldnt cut it for me. I could literally walk from my neighborhood to downtown where the courthouse is in less than 10 miles. And Im NOWHERE near the city limits.BTW wth is a stoop and why does NYC have boroughs? AND WHY DO PEOPLE EAT CREAM OF WHEAT? Grits are great. I love cheese grits and fried fish in for breakfast sometimes. Never tried it, and what's the deal with saying pop instead of soda or ordering ice tea and puttin sugar into it INSTEAD of ordering just sweet tea (like we do here)? lol a bunch of randomness right now.
Boroughs are just ways of splitting up counties..i.e. snow removal, road maintance and so forth. I live in PA and don't eat Cream of Wheat, nor do I know of anyone that does. I thought saying "pop" was more of a Southern thing? Around here we call it soda. Most places don't sell sweet tea, if they don't have icy tea or nestea (usually raspberry) they have unsweetened tea, believe me, it's actually quite annoying!

Hope that answers all your questions

Have a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2011, 02:21 AM
TL=True Love

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
i always see the bmw 3 series but when i look through the window, i see no navi and I feel like my car is better. oh and i love when i see beamers without HID lights. BMW is a high price to pay for a whole lot of nothing.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
I hear ya. I live in a suburb, but its still pretty quiet. I love Indianapolis. It's the 11th biggest city in the country, yet it still has a small feel with a low crime rate and people are pretty nice.

I always have to catch myself when I order "soda" while I'm on vacation somewhere else as I have the tendency to say pop. And I've actually never even had grits before.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts
I eat cream of wheat!! its very tasty I have had grits.. can actually make grits but it is a pain...

the other part to add is that I am a fat ass and love food
Old 12-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
What's wrong with nj or ny.. What's the main reason you won't live here with us?
Old 12-24-2011, 11:11 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
I grew up on Cream of wheat during the cold days-
Lived in Warren/sussex county in NJ=lots of farms-NJ is the garden state-best tomatoes, corn, etc.
When we lived in Blairstown, there was a dairy farm and many of my neighbors owned horses.
When I drove to work in the morning I had to be on the alert for cows, horses, deer, coyote, bear, etc.
I recommend you visit NJ/ny someday. There are very nice people from there. I should know first hand.
I drink unsweetened tea and grits are ok.
Give me a pork roll (Taylor Ham) fried egg and cheese sandwich on a hard roll/
Old 12-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
A few months ago we visited some old friends that lived in Princeton. I really liked that place. If I were to ever move to NJ, it would be in that area. Not one bad experience with people, drivers or anything. Then again, I was only there for 4 days.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
First it was spit, today it's a bagel (Thankfully Buttered)

Went to the car wash this morning, hung a right and had 2 miles to go to meet the GF at the foodstore. Driving 35 mph in a 35 mph zone & here comes Mr Infiniti up behind me, tailgating then swerving left & right, I pulled over to let him go but he pulls up next to me. I roll down my window & he immediately flips out saying you mother^&%$# blah blah blah so I told him: F U and your bagel, I started to pull out & he blocked me & threw the bagel out the window & hit my quarter panel.
Do I care? Nahh it was only butter, cream cheese could have stained the paint. BTW I LOVE NJ.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
LOL...happy holidays, huh? There goes another perfectly good NJ bagel-going to waste.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Pro

I've lost any faith I had left in society today. It's the 07' Albaster Silver Steven! It's cursed! lol
Old 12-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
TVL, I understand why! Don't let that ruin your holidays!

All the best.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:11 PM

Received 9,507 Likes on 6,176 Posts
I think I lost a few brain cells and my faith in the Acura brand after reading this thread.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:54 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by RainSupreme
Boroughs are just ways of splitting up counties..i.e. snow removal, road maintance and so forth. I live in PA and don't eat Cream of Wheat, nor do I know of anyone that does. I thought saying "pop" was more of a Southern thing? Around here we call it soda. Most places don't sell sweet tea, if they don't have icy tea or nestea (usually raspberry) they have unsweetened tea, believe me, it's actually quite annoying!

Hope that answers all your questions

Have a Merry Christmas!
It does, thanks! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 12-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HATERS GONNA HATE !

lol
that suckssss bruhh
Old 12-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
I feel like your making these stories up or way over exaggerating them. Theres no way something of this sort would happen to you 2 days in a row and from different people.
The following 2 users liked this post by 06tl4life:
CLtotheTL32 (12-24-2011), Morrissey25 (12-27-2011)
Old 12-24-2011, 03:17 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
geez...OP...who did you piss off that this type of karma is coming against you?

seriously, people like that are just idiots and makes me wonder who pissed in their cheerios this morning? i mean really???
Old 12-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
depends on....

Originally Posted by 06tl4life
I feel like your making these stories up or way over exaggerating them. Theres no way something of this sort would happen to you 2 days in a row and from different people.
i guess this depends on where you live in the world. In certain parts of the world, speed limit means speed limit. Drivers would not go over the limit. If you stick within speed limit in an area which everybody would go 10 to 15miles above the speed limit... I can see why one can get the same kind of reaction from different ppl who are used to the way "they" drive in that area.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
It's not your car. Do you fuck with people that drive cars you hate? No, nobody does that.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by TVL65
Went to the car wash this morning, hung a right and had 2 miles to go to meet the GF at the foodstore. Driving 35 mph in a 35 mph zone & here comes Mr Infiniti up behind me, tailgating then swerving left & right, I pulled over to let him go but he pulls up next to me. I roll down my window & he immediately flips out saying you mother^&%$# blah blah blah so I told him: F U and your bagel, I started to pull out & he blocked me & threw the bagel out the window & hit my quarter panel.
Do I care? Nahh it was only butter, cream cheese could have stained the paint. BTW I LOVE NJ.
1. 35 in a 35, guy thinks you should be going 40
2.you puller over?? why???
3.you rolled your window down...yea your gonna get cursed at first before you have a chance to say anything (as the person thinks your about to say something to him)
4.you direspected his bagel!!!!

overall, i had quite a laugh from this
Old 12-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
ROFL at the bagel story. Sorry u had to encounter such a douche bag!!
Old 12-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Pro

I'm NOT making this story up, no reason to. I pulled over to let him go since he was in a rush. At first I honestly thought he was lost because he pulled up right next to me. Yup, 2 incidents in a few days, I guess I'm good now for the next few months. My dad used to tell me: Son, don't let the small things in life get to you because it's all small.
I live in NJ, the most over populated state in the entire country, a state where somebody is always up your ass. We live rushed lives here, we have the me first attitude. No matter how short of a distance we must drive we will be delayed by either road construction or an accident. We care about nobody but ourselves. We pay the highest property taxes in the nation. We run pedestrians over & later say we thought we hit a deer. We litter. We run toll booths. Our roads are riddled with crater size potholes. We speed. We wave our fists & middle finger in the air @ other drivers. And YES, we now throw buttered bagles too.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:51 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Where I live, the people in luxury cars are generally nice, but it's the rednecks in the lifted trucks you have to worry about. They intimidate you and act as if they are in Monster Jam... I thought my car was about to be used as a ramp one day because of this guy tailgating me

Anyways, sorry that happened OP!
Old 12-25-2011, 05:32 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
I'm NOT making this story up, no reason to. I pulled over to let him go since he was in a rush. At first I honestly thought he was lost because he pulled up right next to me. Yup, 2 incidents in a few days, I guess I'm good now for the next few months. My dad used to tell me: Son, don't let the small things in life get to you because it's all small.
I live in NJ, the most over populated state in the entire country, a state where somebody is always up your ass. We live rushed lives here, we have the me first attitude. No matter how short of a distance we must drive we will be delayed by either road construction or an accident. We care about nobody but ourselves. We pay the highest property taxes in the nation. We run pedestrians over & later say we thought we hit a deer. We litter. We run toll booths. Our roads are riddled with crater size potholes. We speed. We wave our fists & middle finger in the air @ other drivers. And YES, we now throw buttered bagles too.
Where in Jersey are you from-Question-do you do any of the things you write about NJ. I also was born in Jersey and learned manners.I try to drive in the right lane on highways but if I am in the left lane and I see someone speeding up on me I move to the right first making sure that lane is clear. I use my directional signals, stop for pedestrians in crosswalks, have let others shoppers with a few items in front of me at the check-out, etc. Not all Jerseyites have attitute. If you don't like NJ-move out. I do not litter, but I do pay tolls (ez-pass)

Last edited by nj2pa2nc; 12-25-2011 at 05:37 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by nj2pa2nc:
Morrissey25 (12-27-2011), TripAcez (12-25-2011)
Old 12-25-2011, 07:41 AM
WDP Type-S sitting on air

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts
pics of the bagel incident or it didnt happen
The following users liked this post:
06tl4life (12-25-2011)
Old 12-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Early Shifter

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
I ate a lot today but a creme cheese'd bagel sounds awesome right now.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:41 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
the best bagels are the cinnamon crunch ones at panera bread. get one of those toasted with honey butter and you're set.

hope that helps.
The following 2 users liked this post by SharksBreath:
ohsixMTee (12-25-2011), TripAcez (12-26-2011)
Old 12-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts
Infiniti owners want to be Acura Owners but dont have the right DNA makeup.. in acutality they feel like the red headed stepchild (and for those red heads no hard feelings ) infinity owners feel like they are always being compared to Acura and BMW so need to take out their aggression on those owners... i always enjoy taking a G3(x) off the line because most of their owners are poor drivers.. then they make up for it by hitting a 100 on a local road.. by then the damage to their ego is already done
Old 12-26-2011, 01:56 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Gotta carry a video recorder around with you these days. Good for legal reasons, and I'm sure once they see the camera, they calm right the fuck down...or risk going viral as the asshole who wasted a bagel.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,223 Likes on 698 Posts
Originally Posted by mrlal8

best state in the US
ive lived in alabama, cali (majority of my life), massachusetts, connecticut, NJ (most of my life too) live in the state before you talk we have more to offer than any other state
Only someone in New Jersey would say such things.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I live in NJ and have people riding my ass all the time, i'm definitely not a slow driver as my speeding tickets have informed me. As for the bagel story i dont know why you would waste a perfectly good NJ bagel ive never had a better bagel than i can get in NJ and NY. I think its also the cars color that makes people dislike it more, i drive NBP and ive had my car keyed 5 times. Always park in the most hidden spots possible and most annoying to get to, and at home she stays in the garage
Old 12-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Alien from Mars

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
In Texas, you shall never have this problem. :Thumbsup:
Old 12-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a TL and I dont have a problem with people doing this to me... I dont ride in the left lane when there are somebody driving faster that I am. The left lane is for passing, not for cruising, testing, phone calls and whatever else happens in the car. Maybe he felt you should have just went into the left lane. In N.C. we have a law that say "Slower Traffice Keep Right" it is posted just the speed limits...
The following 2 users liked this post by bw5011:
nj2pa2nc (12-27-2011), veggiemonster (12-27-2011)
Old 12-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
On Christmas Day I was driving up to a round-a-bout (pretty quickly), but easily stopped before entering because a car was coming through the roundabout where I was going to enter.

Apparently I didn't stop/slow soon enough as the car that was pulling through the roundabout got scared??, stopped as well, then slowly pulled through the roundabout while rolling down their window and yelling "ASSHOLE!!!" to me. (It's like if you stopped in an intersection of a green light because the approaching traffic at the red light wasn't slowing down quick enough for your liking.)

WTF? I obeyed the traffic laws, stopped at the roundabout, and still get cursed out on Christmas Day.

I feel like I have all these sorta things happen to me as well, OP!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
^ They were driving defensively and stopped when they thought you were not going to yield as you approached 'pretty quickly.' IF just IF they hadn't stopped and you hadn't stopped what would have happened? Calling someone (you) an asshole on Christmas Day was not cool.

Last edited by ggesq; 12-27-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:07 AM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
too many crazy drivers around these days.

Quick Reply: Do other drivers really hate the TL/TLS that much? UPDATE- Bagel!