Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need to get my money back?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 04:19 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaybird124
I took it back for the follow up appt today. They were supposed to look at the tranny after they witnessed it jerking with me driving.
Again, they couldn't find their way out of a cardboard box.
Called me up saying they couldn't find anything wrong with the car and if I was shifting from reverse to drive while the car is in motion, it would jerk. Ya think??
I really tried hard not to lose it. I once again explained this is happening at a full and complete stop. In addition, it's more apparent when you come to a complete stop vs shifting while in motion (AT BTW).
I hate to come across so ugly, but this is ridiculous. It's very repeatable at this point and it's like these people have sh*t for brains.
Don't mean to be a cloud in anyone's day, just had to vent.
You need to get the service manager and the tech that will be working on your car in the car together with you and demonstrate to them both what it is that you think is wrong. I assume the car is still at the dealership?

Call the SM back and tell him you want to come by and have him and a tech ride with you....

What about the mounts? Did they even look at those? It can be pretty easy for an experienced tech to examine a mount and tell if it's broken (although you can't always tell just by visual inspection).
Old 08-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by nfnsquared
It's likely that a correctly done 3x3 ATF drain/refill will solve the problem. Be sure they follow the full procedure of running the transmission on the lift between fills (helps to ensure most of fluid is pumped out of the torque converter). Print out the tech bulletin and take it in with you:

My tranny took a major dump 2 weeks after I bought mine- it overheated and stopped working on the interstate... I did a 3x3 flush and its been working fien since. Look at the fluid and see the color and smell, if you know what youre looking for that is