DIY for install of accord fog lights on 05 TL

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009 | 09:21 PM
6th Gear

DIY for install of accord fog lights on 05 TL

I wanted see if anyone posted as DIY for fog lights on 05 TL. I want to do it but want to see how to do it. I have seen people stating that it the eBay 03-05 accord kit works for it. Help please I want fog lights. Thanks
Mike
Old 10-11-2009 | 12:57 PM
Fire/medic

Don't buy the ebay ones they suck, trust me I have them... As far as doing it, it's not that hard. Check these two links out.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/3g-tl-service-department-aka-garage-questions-answers-check-here-first-553557/.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...diy+fog+lights

Good luck!
Old 10-11-2009 | 09:20 PM
6th Gear

DIY fog lights

Thanks a lot for the sites to look at. What is wrong with the eBay ones. And, where should I get the light kit without having to pay too much. Like, where did that guy in the pictures get that Honda kit?
Old 10-11-2009 | 11:09 PM
I need a car in

um chances are black market, ebay sometimes, and dealer? and he is correct oem fogs are better then the ebay one. i had it compared side to side. needless to say i wont be worry about it with hid kits
Old 10-11-2009 | 11:23 PM
Fear and Loathing in my

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/accord-fogs-wiring-help-746956/

Check this thread out as well. I have the E-Bay accord kit and am having trouble with it, but this thread is clearing it up. I bought the HID kit for $60 from a vendor in the black market section.
Old 10-12-2009 | 05:55 AM
6th Gear

DIY fog lights

Ok, so where should I get the fog lights and is a supplier I should use. Who and where? I have bought HID's from ebay before, and other than the wait, I was very happy. What bulb goes into the fog lights? I'm sure you guys have done HID's in the driving lights. Was that easy? and where did you put the balasts? With reguards to the fog lights where di you get yours, and how much? Please..
Thanks
Mike
Old 10-12-2009 | 06:11 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by Mhmara
Ok, so where should I get the fog lights and is a supplier I should use. Who and where? I have bought HID's from ebay before, and other than the wait, I was very happy. What bulb goes into the fog lights? I'm sure you guys have done HID's in the driving lights. Was that easy? and where did you put the balasts? With reguards to the fog lights where di you get yours, and how much? Please..
Thanks
Mike

I bought my fogs from http://www.handa-accessories.com

They cost around $240.00 comes with everything needed including switch. Reason it cost more than ebay.. Because it's O.E Stuff..

Ebay lenses on a few members have melted in some way due to HID. I run 3K HID in my fogs and have been for the past 2 years give or take and nothing is wrong with my lenses.

Ebay ones use a cheaper lens from what others said and the inside is also different from the factory ones. As for the harness its 100% different from the O.E ones. The write up is different from factory to aftermarket. In a Search of my name you can get the DYI Factory version. The switches are also different and IMO the factory one looks perfect and matches the VSA switch. As the ebay ones look off.. It's up to you, I decided I wanted it all acura or honda factory stuff, but lots have ebay kits as well.

Direct link
03-05 4 door sedan fogs

http://www.handa-accessories.com/accext03.html

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 10-12-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-12-2009 | 10:01 AM
Safety Car

yea i have the ebay accord fogs and they are fine. I got the oem switch tho, i didnt use the ebay one, it didnt match. I got the raptor HID kit from ddmtuning.com for $40 and that works well too.
Old 10-12-2009 | 09:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

^^can you post pictures of how the raptor kit looks because i know different brands will be a slightly different color even though they may be the same Temperature
Old 10-22-2009 | 02:25 AM
Advanced

I've been reading up on all the accord DIY threads, and what is the benefit of installing these, besides looks?

Is it that they are lower to the ground so they will help with visibility in fog/ snowy weather?

Also, most people change out the accord lights to put HID's in there, so when do you guys run those, whenever your headlights are on at night, you drive with both of them on?

Sorry for all of the questions, but since our fog lights are up with our headlights, being closer to the ground & looks were the only benefits I could think of.

As always, thanks and much appreciated!
Old 10-22-2009 | 02:37 AM
I need a car in

Originally Posted by morphguy12
I've been reading up on all the accord DIY threads, and what is the benefit of installing these, besides looks?

Is it that they are lower to the ground so they will help with visibility in fog/ snowy weather?

Also, most people change out the accord lights to put HID's in there, so when do you guys run those, whenever your headlights are on at night, you drive with both of them on?

Sorry for all of the questions, but since our fog lights are up with our headlights, being closer to the ground & looks were the only benefits I could think of.

As always, thanks and much appreciated!
there will be more light as now you have a extra set of axuliary light to your car. to me i can see the side more with my accord fog.

i am going to put in hid soon this week. the fog can be swtich on and off. thus u can have it on with your headlight or off. or even with your parking lights. its personal preference.

as state above the lights does make it look better in my opinon as the lower grill look too plain without it. and you still dont lose your original fogs.
Old 10-22-2009 | 09:28 AM
HE>i

I have had both fogs kits and IMO get the genuine honda fogs. Many have ebay fogs and have had no problems, but i guess their luck is better than mine. I installed ebay fogs and took a road trip (at night) from NC-->AL-->FL-->then back to NC (this was vacation so it wasn't all at once, but i did drive 900 miles the first day).

Two weeks later went to VA and noticed my passenger fog lense was cracked I only had about 3K miles with the ebay fogs so i replaced them with "original" accord fogs and installed HID's, and i feel more comfortable with my install now.

Also, i trashed the factory wiring harness and run my own relay/wires (much easier for me than trying to figure out the wiring on the harness)
Old 10-22-2009 | 10:52 AM
6th Gear

diy

So first they just look good. But fogs are lower than driving lights to get under the fog. There is a function to them. But hey they just look good. How do you wire in to come on with marker lights?
Old 10-22-2009 | 03:10 PM
Advanced

so for those with HID's installed in them, do you run both the headlights and your HID accord fogs?

I have stock headlights so would the HID's look too bright if I installed them instead of the OEM fogs?

Thanks!!
Old 11-16-2012 | 05:20 PM
2011 SHAWD

hi i need some help with the fogs. are there any fourms on the retrofitting the fogs itself? thanks in advance