Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DHL Delivery sucks ass

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 10:19 PM
TheTeamIKON.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DHL Delivery sucks ass

Well I ordered my Aspec Lip kit last week from HondaAcuraworld and it finally came in today. my brother was home to sign for it only to find it ripped open and banged up, not only that they got a thick black lady to carry it to my front door and she drags it from the van to the driveway to my door.the damn box is like 70 pounds and she had a helper in her van who didnt come out to help. My brother was like "why is it like that" she said " oh thats how we got it" I come home and im like "WTF" a huge tear on the box. I open it up to find deep scratches on the rear bumper lip and the side lip. Not only that its missing parts. I called HondaAcuraworld and they are going to send me a new one and file a clain to DHL. I dunno whats worst DHL or UPS? anyone else have stuff shpped to them shitty?
Old 08-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is the second order from HondaAcuraworld that has been messed up from DHL. Maybe they should look into another delivery service.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
This part of DHL used to be Airborne Express, easily the worst of the express delivery services. I wish HAW avoided them, they absolutely suck. All the services screw up, but FedEx screws up the least.

FedEx Rocks!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Cruisin'

It's not the company but some of lazy asses who work there.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by Armada05
But it's the company that let's them work there.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Add Fed Ex to the list. I received my rear bumper a spec valance on Wed and the box looked like it had been through hell, torn and poorly retaped. The valance had a chip on one of the corners.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
^ True although I've had great service with DHL, FedEx, and UPS.....

Oh well...
Old 08-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DHL is best for documents
UPS Usually lags
FedEx is overall the best
Old 08-18-2006, 11:31 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
I like UPS. Easy claim policy and have had the least amount of problems with them.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:52 PM
Burning Brakes

I like UPS, what is wrong with them?

I know DHL sucks ass period!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Orgasm_Donor
Well I ordered my Aspec Lip kit last week from HondaAcuraworld and it finally came in today. my brother was home to sign for it only to find it ripped open and banged up, not only that they got a thick black lady to carry it to my front door and she drags it from the van to the driveway to my door.the damn box is like 70 pounds and she had a helper in her van who didnt come out to help. My brother was like "why is it like that" she said " oh thats how we got it" I come home and im like "WTF" a huge tear on the box. I open it up to find deep scratches on the rear bumper lip and the side lip. Not only that its missing parts. I called HondaAcuraworld and they are going to send me a new one and file a clain to DHL. I dunno whats worst DHL or UPS? anyone else have stuff shpped to them shitty?
i had mine shipped via fedex. the box was huge since it was a complete underbody spoiler. unfortunately it's not packed well from the factory so the box looked like it went through hell. the delivery person suggested i examine the content before she left. lucky for me everything seemed okay. there was hardly any packing material to protect the spoiler.
i'm not sure if dealer that i purchased the kit repacked it since it was for the whole kit or it actually came from the factory in the big box.
i was suprised that the box really looked like it was banged up.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Racer

Damn dude that really sux!!! When I ordered my A-spec kit from Tim the box was all ripped up!!! Thank god for me nothing was messed up inside. I honestly think you should tell Tim that he should change his shipper because this is def. not only the 2nd time that this has happened.

Goodluck with everything and I hope the 2nd kit will atleast have all the parts and no scratches for you.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:15 AM
TheTeamIKON.com

yeah theyre resending me a new one...from looking at the box u can tell it ripped open...they tryed taping it back up..im thinking thats why im missing part of the side lip.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Yea you guys are right. The packaging really isnt good. I had my a-spec suspension and wheels shipped through UPS and there were holes in the suspension box from the top of the struts and the wheels have some scratches on the edges
Old 08-19-2006, 12:42 AM
.:HALCÓN DE LA NOCHE:.

If the package was damaged during transit at UPS, it would have been sent to the rewrap/damage area to be taped up. If there was noticable damage or missing parts, then it would've been sent back to the shipper. The size & weight of the A-spec kit is called an irregular package or "irreg" for short.

I have seen horrible damages that mainly were improperly packaged by the shipper from a 85 Lb box full of expensive tequilla bottles not properly wrapped to a student shipping electronics & a 12 pack of soda in the same box. Damages will happen in either company but it's how they process it & handle the claim. FedEx has strong service in the air & UPS has strong service on the ground.

How many boxes did the A-spec kit come in & can you choose which carrier you want your packaged shipped from?
Old 08-19-2006, 12:45 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by lembowski
This is the second order from HondaAcuraworld that has been messed up from DHL. Maybe they should look into another delivery service.
Not 2nd, at least 4 so far I have counted including mine. But Tim also didn't pack mine correctly and another persons.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Safety Car

[IMG]
Originally Posted by nYmALu86
Damn dude that really sux!!! When I ordered my A-spec kit from Tim the box was all ripped up!!! Thank god for me nothing was messed up inside. I honestly think you should tell Tim that he should change his shipper because this is def. not only the 2nd time that this has happened.

Goodluck with everything and I hope the 2nd kit will atleast have all the parts and no scratches for you.
[/IMG]

Old 08-19-2006, 12:53 AM

WTF?!^^^

The package was signed for like that PimpinTL?

I can tell that it was not packaged right by shipper. No type of cushioning like foam or bubble wrap. Also, no straps. Damn that sucks man.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:06 AM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
WOw that looks terrible...
Ive had great service with Dhl but i agree its only good for documents....
Sorry about that and hope u get a replacement ASAP>..
Old 08-19-2006, 01:17 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Armada05
What else is there about a delivery company EXCEPT for the people? The trucks?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:29 AM
One on the right for me

^-their networking, routing, etc
Old 08-19-2006, 01:36 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
[IMG][/IMG]

That is totally representative of just about EVERY DHL shipment I have received from DHL in the past six months...lol. I probably have about ten boxes around here just like that, with about 8 claims attached to em. No kidding....DHL smashes EACH AND EVERY BOX they get ahold of....bar none....at least in my experience. One of our vendors tried to label it as "fragile" and put stickers saying such on the box....the side of the box with the label on it was smashed in like it pissed em off that it was even there. Most of the boxes look like the driver tried to straighten them out most of the time...lol.

UPS.....about the same thing to a lesser degree....but they do have a way of damaging things too. Its a quantity vs quality issue for the most part. And UPS told me that to my face one time when I asked the hub terminal why the driver was trying to off these damaged boxes in shipments of 20 boxes or so...and hide them in the middle (even stated we couldnt refuse just one box...had to be the whole shipment)....I got in his face one time about how he was ripping us off and basically lied to us about refusing single boxes (after the terminal looked at me like I fell out of a tree and told me the truth...that this was no big deal to refuse any PART of a shipment) - BUT...what they DID say was this....THEY PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE BOX WHATSOEVER! If the item inside was ok....shipment was successful. In our case (well...in this case anyway) we were talking about foodservice items/packaging that is to be resold....if the box is comprimised...the inside is then contaminated...and to repack it and resell it would be a BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE and outright NASTY. Then I asked her how would she like to get a hamburger wrapped in a foil wrapper that had been handled and repacked by someone....she got the point.

Fedex.....I have never had a problem with Fedex whatsoever...other than they really DONT want to do home delivery for the most part. Delivery is ALWAYS delayed by a day...maybe two... when it is home delivery. Fedex really preferrs business to business for the most part. Their home delivery lacks speed/expedience. Its like once they find out its home delivery...its no big deal or rush...lol. If its delivering to a business though....wham bam ...its there lickety split! I have went down to fedex terminal myself too many times to overcome this delay if its a home delivery.

What it all comes down to is this....sacrificing quality for quantity.

I ship as much as I can though USPS anymore as they are more reliable for home delivery if the shipment is under about 7#. Priority mail is the way to go for me. They have only let me down once recently...was a big let down...but one time out of a million...hey....still better than the options....cause UPS usually looks like they kicked the box all the way to the door! And we already know about DHL...they drag it to the door...Fedex is usually more expensive than USPS PM. And ALL the drivers for ALL the companies dont care about ANYTHING other than offloading their trucks and getting back and going home.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:46 AM
O.G.

dude. You shouldnt always blame the shipping company. Ive done plenty of shipping and receiving. Some of the time is poor packaging is what causes the damage. Im sure you paid an arm and a leg for lips, wings, etc...but if its well package, the less damage will probaly arise.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:50 AM
O.G.

A great example is when ordering shoes. People like to keep their Jordan box mint aswell as shoes. Last package I got was not double box...just wrapping paper and not double boxed. Box was torn, but shoes was ok.

Well good luck
Old 08-19-2006, 02:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

My bodykit was delivered by Fedex last year. I also bought it from HAW. It looks like that HAW doesn't re-package the boxes that they receive from Honda. They just relabel them with their customer's address, and off it goes.

When I received the kit, the rear part was dented and scratched a little and I had to request a replacement. The replacement wasn't perfect either but it was much much better, so I installed it anyway.

However, there was ZERO padding inside the box, so I wouldn't be surprised if HAW has to replace so many kits just because of poor packaging.

Every shipping company has its own problem. But if the shipment isn't packaged well, the content will break, no question about it. If it isn't, consider yourself lucky.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:04 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

The box for the A-Spec kit is a rather large box with LOTS of dead space with no packing....I will give you that one. Mine showed up via UPS....got it from A of E Parts on ebay.....had a LARGE tear/hole in the box...but everything inside was all good. All the parts inside were wrapped in a foam sheet material that was perforated and twisted to pad all the parts inside from damage from each other. As I said...mine was all good...but I can see the propensity for damage shipping like this without additional packing inside the box. The box being so large....its gonna get bottom stacked....and with no support materials.....this is gonna happen......so the fact that bad packing is part to blame is total truth here.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I think part of the problem is poor packaging from the factory. Too much empty space where there ought to be more foam, specifically. Mine came via UPS and looked beaten up, though not torn. I had a minor ding on my front lip that can barely be seen, so I allowed the installation.

For those who are saying that Tim packs these items.....to my knowledge he just gets them from the factory and moves them on--he does nothing else. Give him a break...
Old 08-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by xristos
WTF?!^^^

The package was signed for like that PimpinTL?

I can tell that it was not packaged right by shipper. No type of cushioning like foam or bubble wrap. Also, no straps. Damn that sucks man.
Yep, thats exactly how I received it. And I did sign for it but it was marked as being damaged. Luckly the kit was 99% perfect except one nick on the corner of the rear bumper which touch up paint fixed.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by neuronbob
I think part of the problem is poor packaging from the factory. Too much empty space where there ought to be more foam, specifically. Mine came via UPS and looked beaten up, though not torn. I had a minor ding on my front lip that can barely be seen, so I allowed the installation.

For those who are saying that Tim packs these items.....to my knowledge he just gets them from the factory and moves them on--he does nothing else. Give him a break...
Well after all these complaints you would think he would have his shipping department put some more packing inside of those boxes to protect them instead of them loosing tons of money and time.

That would be the smart thing to do.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:19 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by neuronbob

Oh...I would agree completely Bob...and if I wasnt clear in my last post I appologize....cause thats what I was getting at...the factory pack. I figured all the Acura dealers just got in...and reship out. Thats what I figured...but didnt state that. I didnt mean to say Tim was doing a bad job at all. I am sure its all good when it leave his place! Further more...I am sure it originally is shipped in to him via LTL on pallets with the rest of his normal stock order....which in this case...packing like it is....works fine. I get this kind of stuff at our warehouse all the time. Pallets come in and boxes are AOK....reship em out....problems occur sometimes. It helps to know what is inside the box and if it needs a repack/additional support. In this case...why? He insures the shipments. If he were to repack...it would just increase the price. My guess is....he only has about 5% or so of the shipments he ships this way come up damaged or he would probably repack it and increase the price.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
We always had problems with DHL at my work. Not only would stuff be damaged a lot when it was delivered to our customers, but if we sent something overnight or 2nd day, it almost always got there like a week later. It was very frustrating and we stopped using them. We use mostly UPS for smaller orders and don't have nearly as many problems. Damage is really the only thing that happens with UPS for us now, and it's not terribly often.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Mofo

i don't think we should flame Tim...or HAW, doesnt he get the packages shipped
directly from Acura, and he never even touches the packages?
Old 08-19-2006, 11:08 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by maluskills
i don't think we should flame Tim...or HAW, doesnt he get the packages shipped
directly from Acura, and he never even touches the packages?
Either way....thats common place....box in...box out. But I think you may be right...they may be drop shipped from an Acura warehouse to your door and he might not even touch it. Either way....Tim insures it...thats all he needs to do to cover both sides.....he is doing the right thing. As I said...if he repacked it....it would cost more....more handling = more cost.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:13 AM
TheTeamIKON.com

well my problem wasnt tim packing or anything it was the delivery girl who brought it to my house dragging the box across the driveway. all this while my brother was watching it happen. And all she can say was "oh thats how it was shipped"
Old 08-19-2006, 11:17 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Orgasm_Donor
well my problem wasnt tim packing or anything it was the delivery girl who brought it to my house dragging the box across the driveway. all this while my brother was watching it happen. And all she can say was "oh thats how it was shipped"

Hey...if you really wanna punish em...dont accept the delivery whatsoever. Then they have to move it around all day while they continue their deliveries....
Old 08-19-2006, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Hey...if you really wanna punish em...dont accept the delivery whatsoever. Then they have to move it around all day while they continue their deliveries....
Good one.... They would probably have to go all the way back to their hub & drop it off. Since it's a huge box that takes up space for pickups.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by maluskills
i don't think we should flame Tim...

I couldnt agree more. Tim will replace it if he has to with no questions asked. Hes very fair when it come to this. Believe me, Im sure at this point hes not to enthused with DHL.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:13 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
Well after all these complaints you would think he would have his shipping department put some more packing inside of those boxes to protect them instead of them loosing tons of money and time.

That would be the smart thing to do.
Are you willing to pay more money for the kit? Thats what it comes down to...more handling = more cost. Its insured anyway...not sure what all the hub-bub is about.....you will get another one?
Old 08-19-2006, 12:22 PM
One on the right for me

Thats exactly right. They dont get to fill out the paperwork and have to call in why the customer refused the shipment.

By way of UPS, as far as I know a human doesnt even touch the package until its loaded onto the truck. A machine does everything from scanning the bar code once the label is put on the box to routing it to the correct delivery station. Only when its being unloaded does it actually get touched. Just goes to show that packaging makes all the difference in the world.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:34 PM
TheTeamIKON.com

I wouldnt have excepted it. my brother signed for it

Quick Reply: DHL Delivery sucks ass