Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead Battery? Lost key?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Border Patrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dead Battery? Lost key?!?!

OK so.....let me first say "Karma is a bitch!". Right before this saga began, I told said to a friend "what else could go wrong???"....

Yesterday I left starbucks to find my car was absolutely dead, for no apparent reason (I've had my '07 for 1 year 2 months and 18,800 miles exactly).....So I decided this would be a great time to test out Acura TOTAL LUXURY CARE!!! (has a swanky ring to it, doesn't it?).... TLC my ass...Let me elaborate: I called at 8:56am and the automated recording said the tow truck coming would be there in 1 hour or less (this was a bit of a stretch too...seeing as the sbux was IN THE MIDDLE of a urban area).

Well....1 hour goes by...no tow truck....2 hours go by...no tow truck....I called the number...and the woman said 10 min more...finally at 11:05am the damn thing shows up and takes me and my lifeless TL to the dealership, on the other side of town.

I get in and they test my battery....30 cold cranking amps....DING DING!! we got a winner! So they were going to swap it out for a new one....at the same time they also told me of a warranty issue that was out to repair some power steering hose...so I said sure, and took the keys to a BRAND new 2009 blue TSX. (as a side note...i really like this little car....was a fun driver, albeit under powered).

6 hours later they call me and tell me my car is ready and that I can pick it up the following morning (this morning). I head over there this morning, sign my paper work, and proceed to get my key and car and head home a happy camper...little did I know the plot thickens! After waiting around for 35-40 minutes outside for them to locate my key...the service manager informed me that they LOST MY KEY....something about someone delivering a car earlier and my key possibly being left in there....

*cough cough* WHAT THE FUCK??? *cough cough*

So now I sit at home, with the TSX and a promise to bring my car back to me once they find the DAMN KEY......this was 5 hours ago and still no phone call or anything....

This isn't the first time that my dealer has provided lackluster performance...so where exactly do I complain, before I sell the TL and get something else???????

Old 07-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
sorry to hear that bro.

when my battery died and i called Acura, they got a tow truck in 40 mins, jump-started me and i was on my way to have the battery replaced at an Acura dealer less than 10 mins away.

entire time it took when the battery died to get a new battery : just over 1 hour.

sorry about your misfortune bro. could just be the service in your area.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Just sell the TL.

It's not your fault that the battery died and that Acura is giving you a new battery.

It's not your fault that they came hours after you called and towed your vehicle for you.

It's not your fault that you have to drive a brand new TSX as a loaner as the dealer made a mistake in losing your key.

It's not your fault that the dealer (while you were there) pointed out that a recall campaign was still open on your car and wanted to fix it.

Get rid of the TL ASAP.

The above should be in red....

On a different note- good luck in getting your car (and keys) back.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Damn that sucks.... If they dont find your keys, HAVE them install NEW locks throughout as it CAN be a safety issue
Old 07-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Advanced

Do you not have second key or valet?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Border Patrol

Well between; the tint always scratching (even with moleskin), the necessity of 93 octane so the engine doesn't knock (excuse me, valve chatter).....even though El Paso only has oxygenated 91 ocatne....which still makes it knock, the AC smelling like musty-asshole after having the car only a year, the complete disregard to quality customer service at the Acura dealership here, Acura TLC taking 2 hours to get a tow truck to me in the middle of urban El Paso, the dead battery after a year.....um...and I'm sure there are a few other things that bug the shit outta me.....

I think selling the TL would be a great option!....grrrrrrrrr
Old 07-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Border Patrol

Originally Posted by ggesq
Just sell the TL.

It's not your fault that the battery died and that Acura is giving you a new battery.

It's not your fault that they came hours after you called and towed your vehicle for you.

It's not your fault that you have to drive a brand new TSX as a loaner as the dealer made a mistake in losing your key.

It's not your fault that the dealer (while you were there) pointed out that a recall campaign was still open on your car and wanted to fix it.

Get rid of the TL ASAP.

The above should be in red....

On a different note- good luck in getting your car (and keys) back.
I'm not complaining at all about the great amenities that Acura offers its customers, such as TLC, the new TSX I got to drive, the offering of a warranty repair.....But I AM complaining about the blatant disregard of caring at this dealership. Last year they had my TL for a week trying to fix the knocking sound, and they called me once during this entire week long span.....even though they said they were going to call every day. As a friend of mine pointe out, and I'm completely agreeing, "maybe its not Acura...so much as it is the dealership".....They are the ones giving Acura a bad name (which is my opinion).

And about someone asking if I have the 2nd key...yes...and valet....but thats besides the point...they LOST my key. Am i just suppose to shrug that off and say oh thats OK...I have another....no....its their job to fix their mistakes....
Old 07-31-2008, 05:28 PM
Senior Moderator

So- has the dealer told you that your out of luck because they lost the key or are they taking responsibility for their actions?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:33 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
So- has the dealer told you that your out of luck because they lost the key or are they taking responsibility for their actions?
From the looks of it, they are attempting to locate the key, and in the meantime they have given him a loaner which is of NO CHARGE to the OP.

Also, I assume that if they do not locate the key they will change the cylinders out. If not, and you ask nicely; I'm sure they will be willing too
Old 07-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
From the looks of it, they are attempting to locate the key, and in the meantime they have given him a loaner which is of NO CHARGE to the OP.

Also, I assume that if they do not locate the key they will change the cylinders out. If not, and you ask nicely; I'm sure they will be willing too
Yes, I figured that. I was just confused about this statement:

Originally Posted by FarSide792

And about someone asking if I have the 2nd key...yes...and valet....but thats besides the point...they LOST my key. Am i just suppose to shrug that off and say oh thats OK...I have another....no....its their job to fix their mistakes....
BTW- farside, I really do the dealer makes things right for you. Good luck.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Border Patrol

The last thing he said to me was "we can't find your keys <because of something w/ the GM....>" and "we'll call you later and bring you your car when we find the key"

And its almost 5pm here....uh.....doesn't look like they're too succesful with that....Wouldn't you think this would be a priority for the Service Manager???...losing a customers key?!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Border Patrol

Ahhh yes...so now for an update...after the dealership called me and asked which key fob it was....they ground a new key.....and an hour later called me and said they found my original key inside an MDX out on the lot ......oh well....
Old 08-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that sux....i was gonna say....dude u just got urself a new TSX!!!lol
Old 08-01-2008, 09:40 AM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
atleast they found the key... but when in the heck would it be sitting in an MDX on the lot?
Old 08-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Border Patrol

Oh well...looks like the crisis was avoided and I get to have a 3rd key fob for free They're bringing me my key and car soon!
Old 08-01-2008, 02:36 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
So basically you're bitching about waiting an extra hour, and a tech accidentally losing your key?

Sorry, I do not see how this shows that they do not care about you. Not caring about you would be not giving you a loaner, or not replacing the battery, or not doing the other additional service for your vehicle, or not sending the tow truck service (which is a 3rd party btw) to pick your ass up while stranded.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
I say you demand a new car, and while waiting thrash the hell out of the loaner you have.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:05 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by leedogg
Not caring about you would be not giving you a loaner, or not replacing the battery, or not doing the other additional service for your vehicle, or not sending the tow truck service (which is a 3rd party btw) to pick your ass up while stranded.

The above are warranty/recall items, the tow service "part of the TLC"... All of which he paid for via TL purchase. "They" do it because they are obligated via that purchase. Doesn't mean they want to take care of you, or not...

I think most people would be a tad bit stressed if a dealership lost your keys and acted nonchalant about it....

Glad it worked out for the OP.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:01 PM
9th Gear

My battery just died as well, 2007 with 34k miles. Regardless of the services issues, I've never had a battery die so quickly, wondering if this is a part of a larger issue?
Old 08-02-2008, 03:11 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by KJSmitty
The above are warranty/recall items, the tow service "part of the TLC"... All of which he paid for via TL purchase. "They" do it because they are obligated via that purchase. Doesn't mean they want to take care of you, or not...

I think most people would be a tad bit stressed if a dealership lost your keys and acted nonchalant about it....

Glad it worked out for the OP.
Of course we pay for them to care about us. Thats part of buying any luxury vehicle. No dealer would care about you otherwise. I fail to see where it showed that the dealer did not care about this guy.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:55 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
sigh... threads like this make no sense... I read the entire thing

I was expecting another horrible experience at the dealer tale... this was actually a damn good one... they kept in contact with you, let you know everything...

oh and by the way the tint scratching even with moleskin is the installers fault not the car

oh yeah and the battery... mine died after 5k miles... it isn't the car dude... its the hand-shake-deal honda has with the manufacterer of these lackluster batteries...