3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead Battery - Great Dealer Service Experience!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead Battery - Great Dealer Service Experience!

Well, I have an '06 TL with Navi and it has been pretty good to me but I was hit this morning with a dead battery. The car was sitting in my garage for three days because I was very sick and could not do anything.
I jump started it with my Sequoia and it ran fine. I called my local dealer (Tustin Acura) in OC, and the service rep was very nice and said if you have the car started, bring it down to the dealership and he will have a tech waiting to diagnose it and it should take about an hour.
So I brought it down and they immediately took it into a bay and started working on it. I told him that I have to go to work so if it will take longer than an hour, what are my options. He said he will give me a loaner car. I did advise him that I did not buy the car from there and he did not have a problem with it.
About 30 minutes later the tech came in and said the homelink/bluetooth/voice module was not going into sleep mode and that is what drained the battery. He said he has seen this on one other '06. They replaced the unit and had me on my way in 45 minutes including a good quality car wash.

I give Tustin Acura Service Department an A++++++ on their customer service.

BTW. I saw what they are charging back to the manufacturer for the part. It was almost $500. Damn the parts are expensive!! I am definetly getting the extended warranty before the factory warranty is up.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Bring Blink Back!

It's good to hear when the dealerships take care of their customers.

I unfortunately had an unpleasant experience with Tustin Acura when I tried test driving a TSX back when they first came out. Was told that they had no manual TSX's to drive and that they were sold out in the entire US even though I saw one in the back of the lot. So I just walked away. Of course this is with their sales people, not with their service department.

Same thing at South Bay Acura (dont know if thats the exact name), I called up and I had to go through an interview process in which they asked my job, salary, etc before I could schedule a test drive. When I actually showed up, the guy told me they didnt have any cars that I was looking for. When I told him I spoke to so and so and was interviewed for a test drive, a car magically appeared.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but thought I'd give my since you were mentioning Tustin Acura and Customer Service in the same breath
Old 08-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 34 Posts
I love my Acura dearship

Well, i have replaced 4 batteries, 1 window something (window just like dropped), a light for seat heater, missing handle peice on passanger side and, well they are great. their dearship is not dreadful to stay at incase its something quick. the car wash is great! i feel like making small problems with my car to get the great wash they give.

Yea...

Just sharing my exerience..

rick case acura florida...(ft.laud.)
Old 08-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Racer

Contraryan,

I agree with you in regards to the sales side of Tustin Acura. Since I live close to them, I told their sales person the prices I was quoted by other dealers in the area (LA County) and told them if they could match it or come within a few hundred dollars, I will buy from them. The dealer said no and said his best price was $2000 more than the price I had from the other dealers.

The service dept was absolutely great though! I just wanted to share my experience because so many people have bad experiences at dealers.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by contraryan
It's good to hear when the dealerships take care of their customers.

I unfortunately had an unpleasant experience with Tustin Acura when I tried test driving a TSX back when they first came out. Was told that they had no manual TSX's to drive and that they were sold out in the entire US even though I saw one in the back of the lot. So I just walked away. Of course this is with their sales people, not with their service department.

Same thing at South Bay Acura (dont know if thats the exact name), I called up and I had to go through an interview process in which they asked my job, salary, etc before I could schedule a test drive. When I actually showed up, the guy told me they didnt have any cars that I was looking for. When I told him I spoke to so and so and was interviewed for a test drive, a car magically appeared.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but thought I'd give my since you were mentioning Tustin Acura and Customer Service in the same breath
never heard of the dealership that is being talked about since im from the east coast but maybe that TSX was already sold or reserved for someone else. i mean, its probably not the truth because salespeople are usually full of $hit but unless you have absolute proof that the guy was BSing you, i dont really think its fair to accuse them. IMO, it's innocence until proven guilty