Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dallas Area Tint Shops

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Certified Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Dallas Area Tint Shops

I searched to see if anyone recommended a tint shop in Dallas, and couldn't find anything. I'm looking to have a shop install moleskin, and of the 10 shops I called in Dallas, half of them had no clue what I was talking about, and the other half spoke Spanish... I don't speak a lick of it, so you can see the problem... Any help is appreciated!
Old 09-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
u should join us in the Dallas/Ft Worth thread under the meets section... well watever u do do go to sunmasters.. they fucked up mine.. so pissed...
Old 09-13-2005, 11:36 AM
3rd Gear

Tint shop in Dallas I recommend...

Hey, I meant to reply to your post sooner, but here I go. I have been using a window tint shop in Plano since 1991. It's called Protint and owned by Claudio Tamburra. The shop is clean, professional and I always feel I get a straight up story by him, the owner. He even does the work himself when needed.

When I mentioned that I bought a new TL and was interested in getting it tinted the first thing out of his mouth were the problems they were having with them. It seems this particular Acura as well as many cars these days do not have felt inside the top edge of door. This has been leading to scratches on applied tint. He wanted me to know about it so I could consider. He wouldn't do the sell, just to make the sell in other words. He also told me that they had tried various techniques to apply a felt or something to protect the tint, but none of them have solved the problem.

I was able to find an Acura TL with tinting and see the fine scratches that can occur. They are incredibly minor, but I am some what of a perfectionist and wrestled with the idea of tinting. In the end I decided on getting them tinting after this past August was so hot. Claudio did say that if you do keep your car clean, which I'm sure you do, as do I, that this will minimize any possibility of scratches. PLUS he mentioned that not all cars do it, or all windows. It just depends on how it was assembled and if it is a tight fit for glass.

I went with the ceramic, german brand that he carries. It's a bit more expensive, but it keeps much more radiation out without looking like a limo. I wanted the lighter tint with my black interior and it looks great.

If you are interested in talking to him you can call them here:
ProTint
Owner: Claudio Tamburra
17423 Preston Road (just South of Frankford)

I don't get a thing out of this...but if you wanted you could say Jay Williams with the silver Acura TL from a few weeks ago recommended you.

I always give good word of mouth advertising to those that deserve it.

Good luck to you,
Jay
Old 09-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Speed Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Iceman23
I searched to see if anyone recommended a tint shop in Dallas, and couldn't find anything. I'm looking to have a shop install moleskin, and of the 10 shops I called in Dallas, half of them had no clue what I was talking about, and the other half spoke Spanish... I don't speak a lick of it, so you can see the problem... Any help is appreciated!
PM on its way...
Old 09-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Certified Hater

thanks for the help jay and 2low4u, i will be looking into these guys
Old 09-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2LOW4U
PM on its way...

Can you post the info for the rest of us? I have been researching tinting in Austin and the prices are too high so I thought about possibly going to Dallas since I have family there and can drop it off for a day.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:30 AM
3rd Gear

More info about my particular tint...
I got a ceramic based tint produced out of Germany called: Huper Optik Tint
http://huperoptik.com/Automotive.asp?cat=NaviAuto.inc
Protint in Dallas carries two of three shades.
I paid around $325 (more expensive tint due to ceramic base and if I remember Protints regular tinting is about $200-250)

To AMCI in Austin, how I decided on Protint many years ago was that I spoke with the service department at the local Lexus and Acura Dealers. Two dealers I respected and thought reputable. They mentioned they used Protint. I figured if they were good enough for them that they would be for me too. You may try that same approach in Austin too.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:36 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dallasdelerium
To AMCI in Austin, how I decided on Protint many years ago was that I spoke with the service department at the local Lexus and Acura Dealers. Two dealers I respected and thought reputable. They mentioned they used Protint. I figured if they were good enough for them that they would be for me too. You may try that same approach in Austin too.

I actually did do that. The Acura dealership that I bought from uses a place called Sunbusters. I got a quote from Sunbusters for F1 Pinnacle at $400. After reading another thread on tinting where people posted how much they paid, it looked like a lot were getting the F1 for under $300. I'll give Protint a call. Thanks..
Old 09-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Intermediate

my dealer uses Artech in Irving:

http://www.artechwindowtinting.com/
Old 09-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Speed Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Accent Solar...

Guys name is Allan, he runs his own shop on the side, he tints million doolar skyscrapers for a living up and down the tollroad...

Phone # is 972-633-8468, tell him Matt with the red TL, orange Corvette sent ya and to take care of ya...