Sponsored by:

Custom headlights by JnC, part III.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:42 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
vietxquangstah's headlights

Wow, where to start, this was a project to say the least lol. vietxquangstah had one of his friends modify his headlights and they turned out to be a bit of a mess so it was time for some JnC magic.

Here is what was done to the headlights.

1) Removed old nissan sealant and replaced with OEM koito sealant.
2) Refinished front lenses, removed gouges and pitting on them.
3) Clear coated front lenses.
4) Mended broken projector bracket mounts.
5) Projectors had OEM ZKW clear lenses but they were not modded/installed properly so the output was off plus projectors had broken lens retainers. Both retainers were fixed and lenses were properly spaced etc to attain sharpest cut off possible. Also, the slope style cut off shields were replaced with step styled cut off shields to attain hybrid TL projectors.
6) USR clear diffusers were shaved poorly to make them fit, both diffusers had to go through major overhaul in order to be reused. Lets just say that the CF overlay is hiding a bit more than just the clear bit of the diffusers .
7) Refinished the diffusers to rid scratches.

Details

07-08 TL headlights
Blacked out V2, Gloss black
Painted chrome strip
USR clear diffusers
CF overlays
ZKW lenses
Hybrid TL projectors
White DRL, projector bezels

Old 03-24-2013, 08:52 AM
contemplating future mods

Received 132 Likes on 94 Posts
I never got a chance to post pics after I installed my lights... So without further adieu...

Before

Name:  IMG_0420.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  40.2 KB

After

Name:  IMG_0003.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  102.0 KB

Before

Name:  IMG_1860.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  68.4 KB

After

Name:  IMG_0006.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  74.5 KB

Everything about the transaction with JNC was great. I would absolutely recommend his services. Hell, I'm even thinking about sending out the lights for my civic
The following 2 users liked this post by Morrissey25:
JnC (03-24-2013), rossv1 (04-23-2013)
Old 03-24-2013, 08:59 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

^^ THanks, bud.

Dont know why you dont post more pictures of your TL as its of the nicest example of tastefully modded WDP TL-S
The following users liked this post:
Morrissey25 (03-24-2013)
Old 03-28-2013, 09:11 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Dave's headlights

Details

04-05 TL headlights
Cleared
USR Clear diffusers
Painted grey bezel (Gloss black)
ZKW-R lenses

Old 03-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
JNC, I sent you an email and text about some lights I would like done. How's your work load?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:17 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Dmytry's headlights

Dmytry wanted to go for the stock type S look hence we modified a set of 07-08 base model headlights to look exactly like the stock Type S ones .

Details

07-08 Base model headlights
Chrome bezel painted gloss black
Retained grey shroud
Type S diffusers
ZKW-R lenses

Old 04-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Intermediate

Man's an artist.
JnC (04-02-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,007 Likes on 14,511 Posts
JNC's name is "man"?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Intermediate

This man is an artist.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:19 PM
TL-S

Received 413 Likes on 366 Posts
Actually,

he is just "THE MAN"
Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM

Yours?

I agree, he does some fine work. He should get a signature that says "resurrecting totally fkd headlights since 2007"
Old 04-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 301 Likes on 258 Posts
^agreed^
Old 04-03-2013, 09:30 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Djvas514
Man's an artist.
Originally Posted by rockstar143
JNC's name is "man"?
This man is an artist.
Originally Posted by quanaman
Actually,

he is just "THE MAN"
Originally Posted by nttstt444
^agreed^
Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 AM

What can we say, you do good work, buddy.
JnC (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 09:51 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Yours?

I agree, he does some fine work. He should get a signature that says "resurrecting totally fkd headlights since 2007"
Actually, officially since 2005 , unofficially since 1997 .
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Intermediate

Any instructions on how to remove the front bumper and headlights anywhere on this forum? Or anyone willing to come down and assist with this? I have beer and food
Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
Any instructions on how to remove the front bumper and headlights anywhere on this forum? Or anyone willing to come down and assist with this? I have beer and food
DIY Bumper removal:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628363

Headlight Removal:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587181
JnC (04-04-2013)
Old 04-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Intermediate

Thanks man
Old 04-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
I am new to azine, but I have been doing some pretty extensive research and I am fascinated, to say the least, with your work JNC! I would love to have my headlights worked on. is there any way you could make that happen?? Can I be put on some sort of waiting list (if that still exist) It would be very appreciated!!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts
Has anyone had problems with their headlights by JnC? I only know of one other besides me who has PMed me. Perhaps I got a bad set

Things i remember specially about the headlights i sent and received:
- (I could be wrong)The lights i sent in were stamped ACURA on the lens, the ones i got were stamped with HONDA
- Drivers side had a plastic tab(one closest to radiator) that was cracked(and had glue on it), i had to re-glue it back together

Another note: The film failed on both headlights within less than a year(i had to sand both headlights down and purchase ventureshield clear bras on my own), two years later to this day they still fog up like crazy.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:50 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by con5tant
Has anyone had problems with their headlights by JnC? I only know of one other besides me who has PMed me. Perhaps I got a bad set

Things i remember specially about the headlights i sent and received:
- (I could be wrong)The lights i sent in were stamped ACURA on the lens, the ones i got were stamped with HONDA
- Drivers side had a plastic tab(one closest to radiator) that was cracked(and had glue on it), i had to re-glue it back together

Another note: The film failed on both headlights within less than a year(i had to sand both headlights down and purchase ventureshield clear bras on my own), two years later to this day they still fog up like crazy.

Con5tant, thanks for voicing your concern, here are some answers that I might have already mentioned to you in the past.

Here is the previous comment you made in my other thread.

Contacted JNC over two months ago about the film peeling on both my headlights. He said he was going to send me something to fix it. Never got anything and the headlights look like shit now. Also, both headlights STILL(been almost a year) fog up inside at night.
my response

Originally Posted by JnC
Dude, way to paint me a jerk off line and a nice guy here on AZ .

As far as I can remember you stated you'll install the 3M ventureshield kit on the headlights yourself?

I usually clean headlights up and apply the UV protective sealant on them, which depending on usage/weather/wear can last as long as a few years or even less depending on how severe the wear is, your factory clear coat is still in tact underneath.

Per our text conversation, I'd just buff of what ever is left of the sealant I applied and install the 3M ventureshield on it. I try to make the headlights as good as new when they are shipped to the customer hence the sealant is applied after lightly buffing the headlights. I could just send them off to the new customer in the same condition as I get them from the previous customer but being that the 3G TL is aging now, e.g an 04 TL is almost 8 years old, there will be wear and tear on the headlights.

Since I can not control as to how badly the lights will be worn I have decided to polish them and bring them all to an even condition before I ship them off to the customer.

As far as sending you what I had offered, I guess I walked away from our conversation thinking that you were going to do the 3M install yourself rather then taking me up on my offer of sending you the sealant that I apply

If you still want me to ship you some of the sealant then text me your address and sealant will go out on Monday.

Now about the fogging. I do not recall you mentioning any thing about them if that has been an issue over the past year.

I explicitly state with every set of headlight that I send out that due to weather fluctuations you might see hazing on the inside every now and then, this is not an indication of failed seal or a leak in the headlights.

If you live an area with high humidity levels then you might come across this situation more often then someone who lives in an arid area.

I'll send over a set of new desiccants along with the sealant if you are interested. Install them on the inside of the headlights and they will absorb the humidity from within the headlights that is showing up as haze every now and then that you mention.

Again, I stand behind my work, there is a reason why I am still here backing my work up since 06. I'd hate to have a customer not be completely satisfied with my work. You have my number, text or call me and we'll sort this out.

your response

No, you're not a jerk man and i apologize if i made it seem like that.

Anyway, i just ordered some 3M film

As far as the fogging is concerned i'll check for leaks when i install the film.

I have been doing the TL headlights here on AZ since 05 and honestly if there has been an issue with a set, I usually stand behind it regardless if it has been more than the stated one year warranty. As I keep sticking to the same fact that I am a member here on AZ first rather than a vendor and my track record speaks for itself.

Now coming back to your concerns.

1) Stamp of honda and Acura. Headlights manufactured betwen Late 03~late 06 model have front lenses that have the "Honda" stamp on them, any thing made after that does not have the "Honda" engraved in the front lenses. All model year models can be confirmed to be OEM by reading the etching "Stanley" on the inside corner of each lens. If your concern is that your lights are not OEM then kindly check the "Honda" stamp near the turn signal socket. I do not send out aftermarket headlights to customers in return for their OEM ones.

I think there was one instance where one customer got one Depo light and one OEM as thats what I got back from a fellow member Jayvee, customer was told about the situation and warranty was still applied and I still stand behind it.

2) Mended tab: You have had my headlights for two years yet this was never brought to my attention, again not sure why you choose now to be the time.

3) I'll state what I said in my post from last year, the clear film I apply is a courtesy film as all headlights get polished and cleared before they leave for the customer. This is done to make sure that all headlights look their best before the customers get them as chipped/worn/yellow/hazed headlights would be more frowned upon than a failed clear coat down the road. At the same time I also bring it to my customers attention that its a good idea to invest into some sort of clear bra for the headlights to make them looking as good as the day they get them from me. This is the same for brand new headlights from factory, the OEM clear will fade away eventually and hence is the reason why headlights yellow. My clear doesnt last as long as the OEM clear as I can not compete with OEM application techniques or OEM products. Installing a clear bra film will be a good idea for not only lights from me but brand new headlights from factory.

I had mentioned to you time after time, your OEM clear is still in tact and is under the clear I applied. I do not charge my customers to do these extra steps, this is just so that the headlights look their best. I am not sure how any one can have an issue with having the lights look pristine when they get them.

As far as the longevity of the clear is considered, there is no warranty on it, again its something I do on my part as a courtesy, its not a service I sell to the customer before I finish their headlights. The oldest 3G TL is almost 9 years old and the youngest one is about 5 so the lights that I get are not in great condition hence is the idea to make sure they look as good as new before they leave.

4) Fogging issue: Let me be clear here before I go any further. My headlights DO NOT leak. this is not me being cocky, this is not me being arrogant. When you do the same thing over and over again for 8 years, you are bound to get all the kinks out and take care of all situations that might come up and create a situation where the lights might leak.

The hazing issue you and anyone else that has had or is having is actually due to poor ventilation inside the TL headlights, hence is the reason why OEM lights have that happen to them as well, check the thread below.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=condensation

post by OP with pictures, mind you these are OEM headlights

Originally Posted by Acura604
Well I get 'fogging' in each light on cold nights....normal?

The above is the reason why Acura them self install a set of clay desiccants in each headlights as they know the issue with the headlights, its poor ventilation. To this day I have not seen another OEM lights with desiccants from factory in them and I have worked with my fair share of makes and model headlights.

This will happen every time there is a drastic change in temperature, humidity etc. Hate to sound redundant but it would be like the inside of windshield fogging on muggy days.

Once the temperature/humidity balances out in the headlights with the ambient temperature etc the haze goes away.

Although this is a frustrating situation where the customer might think that the headlights are leaking but rest assured that its an issue with design, not my workmanship.

At this point people might ask as to why the OEM headlights are not pron to this as much as the modified headlights, OEM headlights are made in a hermetically sealed factory, the air inside the headlights is completely arid hence the chances of having the fog appear are slim to none. When I open the headlights to work on I introduce new humid air to the lights and that humidity in the air is that shows up every now and then, this is not an excuse to cover poor workmanship, it is the actual reason why this happens. People that have cleared their own headlights can attest to it. As this can drive any one up the wall trying to figure out why is it that there is no water in the headlights yet there is fog .

As I have said in the past, if you and if any one has an issue with my work/craftsmanship then I am only a PM/Text away. I hope all this info help and once again if you are having the condensation issue then PM me, which you didnt last time, and I'll mail you new silica desiccants.

Last edited by JnC; 04-06-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts
Yea, I forgot to mention the broken tab at first because it wasn't a really big deal (without the tab the headlights are still stable) but i just noticed it earlier again when i was removing my bumper. I figured i should post my experience with the headlights again since i was getting more than one PM(from different people) regarding this. Apparently i'm the only person to ever post in the threads that the headlights by JnC weren't 100% perfect.

Regardless, the headlights still look great. Do you have the option to install ventureshields instead of that brush on film for customers? IMO the ventureshields looks a lot better than the film ever did.
JnC (04-07-2013)
Old 04-06-2013, 08:50 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Again, I apologize if your experience has not been as you anticipated. I stand behind my work and my word. If any of my customers that are reading this and have a issue pertaining to my work or a question I would want them to get in touch with me.

The spray on clear that I put cost me about 10$ per set and 2 hours worth of labor as the light have to go through a five step process before they are ready for the clear. I don't transfer this labor and parts cost to my customers as its a courtesy service to make sure my product looks as good as it can get without breaking the customers bank.

I can offer the ventureshield install, but the cost would not be financially viable for my customers, hence I recommend it but don't offer it. But in light of the current situation, I might start offering it just so that te customers have that option before hand.

Last edited by JnC; 04-06-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:20 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Just sourced a roll of Ventureshield, so it will be offered for install from now on .

Thanks for the motivation/push, Con5tant.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:19 AM
TLX-S

Received 225 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by JnC
Again, I apologize if your experience has not been as you anticipated. I stand behind my work and my word. If any of my customers that are reading this and have a issue pertaining to my work or a question I would want them to get in touch with me.

The spray on clear that I put cost me about 10$ per set and 2 hours worth of labor as the light have to go through a five step process before they are ready for the clear. I don't transfer this labor and parts cost to my customers as its a courtesy service to make sure my product looks as good as it can get without breaking the customers bank.

I can offer the ventureshield install, but the cost would not be financially viable for my customers, hence I recommend it but don't offer it. But in light of the current situation, I might start offering it just so that te customers have that option before hand.
when you did my headlights last year, i was one of the sets that you didn't spray the clear on, its not a big deal to me, just wondering why you do it for some and not for others.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:46 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e-mailed and texted to get my headlights worked on! Can't wait!!
JnC (04-24-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 11:17 AM
oops is that your face?

Received 113 Likes on 92 Posts
after having issues with quality of work from another member I've had JnC redo my lights and I am more than pleased. no more condensation!!!!Name:  null_zpsa83fc678.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  94.5 KBName:  null_zpse5fd0570.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  118.6 KBName:  null_zps2f3d13ad.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  168.9 KB
JnC (04-24-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My headlights have been great and it's been over a year now. No issues what so ever. I'll post up pics later too. Thanks again JnC for providing an amazing service!!
JnC (04-24-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 12:22 PM

Wow, Cazio's lights are effing incredible. Nicely done!
JnC (04-24-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 01:45 PM
oops is that your face?

Wow, Cazio's lights are effing incredible. Nicely done!
dude they seriously look like brand new lights that were purchased not refurbished and modded
JnC (04-24-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen a bad headlight done by JNC.
JnC (04-24-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 301 Likes on 258 Posts
The CF overlay looks damm good with CBP. Your headlights are awesome!
JnC (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 01:13 AM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Heres what Jnc did for my 06 set
Cleared / Paint Matte Black
Diffuser delete
CF Inlays
2 Halos.

There was fogging at first BUT it was due to air temp regulating and after a few weeks it went away and never came back.
The only problem I had was that shipping could have been packed better as 1 important plastic tab was broken off during shipping. But I soldered some wires into it and melted some mesh onto it as well. Other than shipping I cant find anything bad. I'd do business with him again
JnC (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 05:19 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Delfin's headlights

Details

07-08 Base model headlights
Blacked out V2
Gloss black
Retained amber diffusers
ZKW-R lenses

Old 04-24-2013, 07:33 AM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Quick question . Im wanting to black out my headlights , i want to get rid of that chrome strip/bar thats in front of the amber diffuser but still keep he am er diffuser and smoke it out . Is that possible ?
Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 AM
oops is that your face?

Originally Posted by BlitzBlackGSXR
Quick question . Im wanting to black out my headlights , i want to get rid of that chrome strip/bar thats in front of the amber diffuser but still keep he am er diffuser and smoke it out . Is that possible ?
everything and anything is possible
Old 05-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Intermediate

Haven't mounted them yet but they look great! If all goes well i'll put some pics of them installed this weekend.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Intermediate

Wow. Those ZKW-Rs are amazing.. Such a wonderful cutoff. Also, these things look OEM. JNC's work is top notch. Pictures tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:42 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey JNC, i pm you and also emailed you i want to surprise my boyfriend with some work on his headlights...did u get any of those messages?
Old 05-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

Installed mine over the weekend.. Nice stock-ish look. Couldn't be happier.

Name:  IMG_20130506_082136_zpsccbe5049.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  92.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20130506_082124_zps9de257a5.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  157.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20130505_175117_zpsc88e061e.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  111.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20130504_141816_zpsb4873002.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  114.8 KB

Quick Reply: Custom headlights by JnC, part III.