Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cop Problems O_o

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 02:07 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cop Problems O_o

ok so heres the story.............Coming back from the beach last night i was on my way home i had just made the transfer to the 605N from the 405. ( for those of u in Cali it was coming back from HuntingtonBeach) i was on my moms car and had never really driven the car at high speeds and just wanted to see what the car had (2006.5 kia optima)i put the car in SS and floored it to my suprise it was not that bad it was not a TL but for a kia it was not bad. i hit 115 in no time and by this time im thinking about slowing down just as i lift my foot off the gas i passed a cop on the right hand side sitting there waiting for some one to fuck up. as soon as i passed him i looked behind me and sure enough the lights went on( this is were i get REALLY STUPID) i quickly let my foot off the gas and a million thoughts rushed through my head and imediately floored it ( again really stupid idea i know) by this time im already at 115ish and kept it floored till about 130ish i was in the middle lane and took a look in my rear view mirror and saw no cop i got on the carpool lane and slowed down to 70mph as fast as i could. i was shitting bricks and did not know why i had just done that. About 15-30sec later ( i wasnt really counting just looking in my rearview mirror) a cop passes me at over 100mph EASILY for a second i felt relieved and stupid all in one but only for a second. right after the cop passed me im guessing it realized it passed me and got on the carpool lane shoulder and stopped with its lights. in my head i could think of nothing but jail and a shit load of other problems but worse what my family would think. i started to accept it and realized it was my stupidity so might as well take it like a man and accept the consequences ( keep in mind all this thinking happened in the blink of an eye but seemed like an eternity for me). thinking still about what to do i realized there was an exit between me and the cop ( for those of u in Cali its South ST exit = cerrittos mall exit) looked around and with out thinking about it jumped the carpool lane and cut across all lanes of traffic and got off on the exit made a right hand turn and took streets all the way home. this happened around 11:30pm last night yes i know it was VERY VERY STUPID but once i got home i was content with what had happened dont kno why but once i got home and was in my room i felt it was well worth it

ps: I KNOW IT WAS VERY STUPID OF ME AND NEVER INTEND TO DO THAT EVER AGAIN NOR DO I ENCOURAGE ANYONE TO DO THAT FOR ANY REASON WHAT SO EVER the thing is if you would have asked me a day ago if i would ever run away from a cop for ANY reason my answer would have been NOT IN A LIFETIME.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:17 AM
WDP Is Faster

have u ever thought about the cop already seeing ur license plate? I mean throughout the story, he had two chances to get ur license plate down...one when he put the light on you, and another when he was in front of you. You may think ur off the hook but you better pray to god, or whoever you believe in that the cops don't show up on ur family's front door step tomorrow asking for the speeder who ran away from the cops...which to my knowledge..is immediate jail time.

Oh yea...if you end up going to jail..please say hi to Bubba for me.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:32 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by reloaded
have u ever thought about the cop already seeing ur license plate? I mean throughout the story, he had two chances to get ur license plate down...one when he put the light on you, and another when he was in front of you. You may think ur off the hook but you better pray to god, or whoever you believe in that the cops don't show up on ur family's front door step tomorrow asking for the speeder who ran away from the cops...which to my knowledge..is immediate jail time.

Oh yea...if you end up going to jail..please say hi to Bubba for me.
my moms car is 1 week old no plates
Old 02-08-2007, 04:01 AM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Very very stupid indeed. You would've probably just had your license revoked for a few months if you had pulled over.

Now you might be up for felony charges.

I don't remember all the stuff I remembered from my first year of law school last year.. thats when I took criminal law...

But I'm sure you definitely could get charged with... oh I'd say about 4-5 different things...

BTW. Just cause your mom's car doesnt have plates doesn't mean that the police won't be able to find you.

Police have this amazing ability to somehow find people. If I were you, I wouldn't touch mommy's car for awhile.

EDIT: and posting your experience on a website a day after the incident doesn't help you out either...
Old 02-08-2007, 05:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by BraveDemon
Very very stupid indeed. You would've probably just had your license revoked for a few months if you had pulled over.

Now you might be up for felony charges.

I don't remember all the stuff I remembered from my first year of law school last year.. thats when I took criminal law...

But I'm sure you definitely could get charged with... oh I'd say about 4-5 different things...

BTW. Just cause your mom's car doesnt have plates doesn't mean that the police won't be able to find you.

Police have this amazing ability to somehow find people. If I were you, I wouldn't touch mommy's car for awhile.

EDIT: and posting your experience on a website a day after the incident doesn't help you out either...

Sprtan, if you even suspect that the police is about to pull you over then you need to make the stop as EASY as possible for the police by pulling over to the right lane and having your documentation ready.

While you were able to stave off a speeding/wreckless driving citation (not to mention possible jail time and car impoundment), this was an example of what NOT to do. While you were distracted with law enforcement and the evasion thereof, you could have caused an accident with other motorists.

BTW: One should never find solace in the ability to (or success in) get away with a 'crime', be it big or small.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't do it again, you're lucky they didnt bring the copters out after you.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What if the cop owns an Acura and is on this forum reading this.......... :-)
Old 02-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
calling
Old 02-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Especially in cali where a bunch of cops have been shot after traffic stops, u'd better think again! You won't be hearin' sirens, you'd be hearin
Old 02-08-2007, 11:27 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

You got lucky. But don't do it again. You can trust me I'm speaking from experience....
Old 02-08-2007, 11:32 AM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My friend passed a cop at 130mph in New York State on I-87, but instead of him flooring it and trying to escape, he slowed down and pulled over about 1000ft away from the cop, the cop came up to him after realizing that my friend pulled over. The cop gave him a ticket for 99mph in a 65mph zone, which my friend has plead not guilty to.

All he told the cop was he was sorry and that he was just trying to see the limits of his car. The cop was appretiative that he stopped and realized he made a big mistake, so he reduced the speed and did not impound the vehicles, which he could have done.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Speeding is stupid...........no matter what.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:23 PM
WDP Is Faster

Originally Posted by SteveP66

That's a lil overboard to say. I mean honestly..everyone speeds once in a while..but in this case, he went overboard. If you go triple digits and ur getting pursued by the cops, you gotta own it up. You can't run away from this kind of situation..especially since this is serious stuff.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by reloaded
That's a lil overboard to say. I mean honestly..everyone speeds once in a while..but in this case, he went overboard. If you go triple digits and ur getting pursued by the cops, you gotta own it up. You can't run away from this kind of situation..especially since this is serious stuff.

115 mph = stupid
Old 02-08-2007, 12:40 PM

He's still young, at least he did not get into an accident, we'll see what happens, if perhaps the police find him.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Team SSM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Yeah, at least you did not get into an accident or cause an accident......hope you learn from your mistakes. People make mistakes in life, and its ok....Just try and learn to make better ones in the future...
Old 02-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by Eoanou
He's still young, at least he did not get into an accident, we'll see what happens, if perhaps the police find him.

I'm really not trying to pick on him in particular (just the situation) waiting for the next post.......

"why is my car insurance so high".....

or

"I just totalled my TL......"
Old 02-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
I'm really not trying to pick on him in particular (just the situation) waiting for the next post.......

"why is my car insurance so high".....

or

"I just totalled my TL......"
....or a posted link from a media source citing the needless death of a 20 y/o male who fatally collided with a [insert object here] as he attempted to evade police.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:23 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by Sprtan-117
Your story.
my moms car is 1 week old no plates
You were very lucky my friend. My input is........ if you are going to do it and risk your life... might as well do it all the way.

1) Sped up to 115 then 130mph after passing by a cop sitting in a speed trap. Might as well take the car to the max in the carpool and find the nearest exit.

or

2) slow down, get pulled over and accept the punishment.

In your case, you got very luck! He passed by you but you sped up and found the nearest exit... without him chasing crasily after you.. you were very lucky. Not having a plate, shiiiit I'd advise you not to drive that car on the same highway for awhile.... perhaps telling your mom too....

She may be very well get on the same highway and gets pulled over and arrested.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:27 PM
The Boss

and like you've never sped in your life.

If speeding is stupid, then 60 on 55mph zone is "speeding" and you're telling me that you never did that

If you argue 60 on 55 zone isn't really speeding...then your statement above is full of

so either way........ you are full of or you are

lmao
Old 02-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Banned

Not worthit brother. Its all fun and games until some 1 gets into prison. you shouldnt even take a chance man.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

There is a big difference between 60 in a 55 and 130 in a 55/65 whatever his speed limit is.

and then to say

"this happened around 11:30pm last night yes i know it was VERY VERY STUPID but once i got home i was content with what had happened dont kno why but once i got home and was in my room i felt it was well worth it"
Old 02-08-2007, 04:54 PM

"this happened around 11:30pm last night yes i know it was VERY VERY STUPID but once i got home i was content with what had happened dont kno why but once i got home and was in my room i felt it was well worth it"
Yeah, that definetely makes me think differently of the situation. My friend says she always cruised at 110+MPH and when she saw a cop she would keep going, she never got caught, although I never understood why cruise at that speed in the first place?
Old 02-08-2007, 04:57 PM

Although I will admit when it comes to street racing, if there isn't any traffic and it's just accelerating to 120 then breaking down, I'm fine with that, but I never cruise faster than 70mph unless I am following someone.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:12 PM
B A N N E D

eh im not gonna sit here and call u stupid, ive done stupid shit too like evading 2 statees and 1 local in a matter of 1 week. jus remember it'll will eventually catch up to u....it caught up to me in rhode island and i missed a meet cause of it.

its pretty obvious our TLs are faster than cop cruisers espicially modded ones but i would not try tht in a kia
Old 02-08-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by S1CK TypeS
its pretty obvious our TLs are faster than cop cruisers espicially modded ones but i would not try tht in a kia
Uhm.. no. You do know that those Police cars have modified (and sometimes supercharged) vette engines right?

Police cars are fast; they're made that way to catch up to... well to guys like the poster above.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:17 PM
B A N N E D

Uhm.. no. You do know that those Police cars have modified (and sometimes supercharged) vette engines right?

Police cars are fast; they're made that way to catch up to... well to guys like the poster above.
im talkin about the normal crown vics, intrepids, impalas, explorers not the hemi chargers or the vettes or the camaros. its very rare to see a cop car that isnt a crown vic.....not too many of the ones around my area are modified they are jus plain old cruisers beaten to hell. but ocasionally u come across some retardly fast cop car. id never think about runnin from a charger or a vette lol id pull over before he even pulls out lol
Old 02-09-2007, 03:52 AM
Burning Brakes

He's right! I worked at a sheriff's yard (well working to pay off a 120mph+ speeding ticket )which repaired most of the police and highway patrol cars and even the crowns were chipped & modded! You gotta figure they'd better be ready for those high speed chases! The vette engines were usually in the camaro's.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
115- 130 mph IN A KIA thats a week old

Your mother should be proud of the fine care you showed to her new car

Anybody remember Rodney King
almost the same scenario
LA Cops have issues with people running from them-

Yes we have all sped, most have not done what you did, and the old days were very different than today

The only thing missing from the story was an unwitting passenger

Take it to the track for a one day or more driver school on a real roadracing circuit
Old 02-09-2007, 02:29 PM
COTM Coordinator

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
We are the masters of our own destiny. I'm sure there has been a time in every ones life when we did something terribly stupid, but felt nice and warm when we got home and were out of harms way. None of us here are saints (me especially), I really don't think it is necessary to preach to someone about how dumb they are, when that person has already stated he made a bad decision.

We live and we learn, I highly doubt that the poster will ever try to outrun a cop again, and if he does the chances of getting away twice are pretty slim. He probably posted on this site because he wanted to tell someone to kinda get the guilt out of his mind, he can't tell his parents, and he doesn't know any of us persoanlly, so it makes him feel a little better that he got it out of his system.

Now I can be totally wrong about the poster, and he could be some dumb shit, who thinks that he is playing need for speed when driving, but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, because I don't know him, therefore I can't judge him.

Let's just hope he learned from this, and be happy that he isn't in jail getting ass-raped by bubba, or dead from crashing.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:39 PM
@ slide or die @

damn dud you got very lucky i have a similar getaway story except there was another car racing with me, we both were above 130 and knowig we could get a lot of distance from the patrol car before he even (idk if it can) get to this speed. so left in the dust we got on the Palmetto exwy and when the cop appreared in our rearview mirrors the other guy freaked out, floored it, took an exit and thus saved me 'cuase the cop went after him. i'm almost possitive he got pulled over

and if any of you tell me that you've never been past 100 on your TL you're full of it...specially if you're reading this section. just be carefull and be concious of your limits and possible consequences
Old 02-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Burning Brakes

I just left court today with my officer not showin' up but got to watch this lady cry for getting a $1,700 ticket & 2 points on her driving record for driving 120 in a 65mph zone! She kept telling the judge "I was only goin' 100"!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Burning Brakes

I have a new hero!!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Wish

Originally Posted by S1CK TypeS
eh im not gonna sit here and call u stupid, ive done stupid shit too like evading 2 statees and 1 local in a matter of 1 week. jus remember it'll will eventually catch up to u....it caught up to me in rhode island and i missed a meet cause of it.

haha as much as i would love to agree with that... NO... most of the cop cars have custom engines, they are designed differently, i've even seen a documentary on how the companies make the cop cars... those cars are crazy.. they have enough power under the hood.. trust me.... well around 300 or more ponies...

now... as for the topic on hand..... even if u had a license plate... on the car.. and they DO decide to come to ur house... unless they pull u over... they can't do NOTHING TO u.. why? ... because they have no direct proof that u are the one that drove the car... someone could've taken it.. and returned it without u knowing.... so thats just one thing...

the other.... if they decided to put copters on ur ass.. ur gone... .. PRISON BREAK my friend... not worth it....

i personally got a ticket for 210km/h on a 2 lane highway (from owensound to toronto) ... got owned in orangeville.. when they did a road block with several cruisers...... following me... (no need.. i iddn't even see them coming... but watever).... all i know is.... FIGHT TO THE END.... cuz insurance premiums will make u want to drive a civic again..

oh did i mention.. i raced a cop.. i'll start a thread after this post about that...
Old 02-13-2007, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by t7n7
haha as much as i would love to agree with that... NO... most of the cop cars have custom engines, they are designed differently, i've even seen a documentary on how the companies make the cop cars... those cars are crazy.. they have enough power under the hood.. trust me.... well around 300 or more ponies...

now... as for the topic on hand..... even if u had a license plate... on the car.. and they DO decide to come to ur house... unless they pull u over... they can't do NOTHING TO u.. why? ... because they have no direct proof that u are the one that drove the car... someone could've taken it.. and returned it without u knowing.... so thats just one thing...

the other.... if they decided to put copters on ur ass.. ur gone... .. PRISON BREAK my friend... not worth it....

i personally got a ticket for 210km/h on a 2 lane highway (from owensound to toronto) ... got owned in orangeville.. when they did a road block with several cruisers...... following me... (no need.. i iddn't even see them coming... but watever).... all i know is.... FIGHT TO THE END.... cuz insurance premiums will make u want to drive a civic again..

oh did i mention.. i raced a cop.. i'll start a thread after this post about that...

Old 02-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Anyone who believes the cops cant show up and take your car, got a lesson in life coming your way.
In my town, there is a problem with "sideshow" cars racing in the streets and always- gunfire erupts.
The city council made an emergency law.

If you/the car already have 1 ticket for reckless driving, or participating in anything OR even being a SPECTATOR at one of these events- well now the cops go undercover with video cameras and make a record of who did what.
They go back to the station and watch the tape, make a list of plates and send the tow truck to your house early in the morning- 1 month impound!!!! 1000$ just to get the car back plus any tickets

As for the notion that "not seeing your face, they cant prove it"- doesnt actually work in real life.-except some red light cameras

Besides traffic and safety cameras in town, redlight cameras, there are many ways including on board cameras in the cruiser- for them to see who was driving.

As for the sideshow people, LAW does not care who was driving.
If they track the car to your mom- will she say you were driving it?????
Or say she was???

Until you report your car stolen, it has been under your control.

Like somebody would "borrow" your car- do something crazy and then return it to you- all without your knowledge.
I think they call that "obstruction of investigation"
Oh well, at that point it just pleading for how many months you deserve

Am I pissy?-
we had ANOTHER death by idiot this weekend- pedestrian ON THE SIDEWALK
killed by kid racing who lost control----SURPRISE! Manslaughter Charge and the kid who ran will be found and given extra charge of leaving the scene- evading etc

A side note: From newspaper: A father and son went hunting and the kid got 2 bucks.
The kid was so excited he went online bragging about it.
Did not take long for the local Wildlife Law Enforcement to end up with the info in their hands.
Turns out your only allowed 1 buck per day. OOOOOOPS!!!

So the Ranger shows up at their door with a ticket, a $$$$$ Fine and some harsh words-possibly more.

Please keep the wild times confined to a real race track- your local roadrace track probably offers 1 day- run your own car with a pro race driver as your coach- good fun and SKILLS developement
Old 02-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by t7n7
got owned in orangeville.. when they did a road block with several cruisers...... following me...
So that was you that I saw on World's Wildest Police Chases...
Old 02-13-2007, 12:35 PM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
Anyone who believes the cops cant show up and take your car, got a lesson in life coming your way.
In my town, there is a problem with "sideshow" cars racing in the streets and always- gunfire erupts.
The city council made an emergency law.

If you/the car already have 1 ticket for reckless driving, or participating in anything OR even being a SPECTATOR at one of these events- well now the cops go undercover with video cameras and make a record of who did what.
They go back to the station and watch the tape, make a list of plates and send the tow truck to your house early in the morning- 1 month impound!!!! 1000$ just to get the car back plus any tickets

As for the notion that "not seeing your face, they cant prove it"- doesnt actually work in real life.-except some red light cameras

Besides traffic and safety cameras in town, redlight cameras, there are many ways including on board cameras in the cruiser- for them to see who was driving.

As for the sideshow people, LAW does not care who was driving.
If they track the car to your mom- will she say you were driving it?????
Or say she was???

Until you report your car stolen, it has been under your control.

Like somebody would "borrow" your car- do something crazy and then return it to you- all without your knowledge.
I think they call that "obstruction of investigation"
Oh well, at that point it just pleading for how many months you deserve

Am I pissy?-
we had ANOTHER death by idiot this weekend- pedestrian ON THE SIDEWALK
killed by kid racing who lost control----SURPRISE! Manslaughter Charge and the kid who ran will be found and given extra charge of leaving the scene- evading etc

A side note: From newspaper: A father and son went hunting and the kid got 2 bucks.
The kid was so excited he went online bragging about it.
Did not take long for the local Wildlife Law Enforcement to end up with the info in their hands.
Turns out your only allowed 1 buck per day. OOOOOOPS!!!

So the Ranger shows up at their door with a ticket, a $$$$$ Fine and some harsh words-possibly more.

Please keep the wild times confined to a real race track- your local roadrace track probably offers 1 day- run your own car with a pro race driver as your coach- good fun and SKILLS developement

And while you may argue that if police read the forums, that's an invasion of your privacy, you are wrong because this is a public forum and you chose to post on it, irregardless of what you write you can expect your right to privacy being waived since you chose to make it public. I'm not saying I don't think what some people do is cool, I think some of what I read is pretty cool, but I'd never do that and just know that it can and will be used against you. I know, I know I think it's wrong that it is, but that's just the way things are.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:21 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

ok so heres the story.............Coming back from the beach last night i was on my way home i had just made the transfer to the 605N from the 405. ( for those of u in Cali it was coming back from HuntingtonBeach) i was on my moms car and had never really driven the car at high speeds and just wanted to see what the car had (2006.5 kia optima)i put the car in SS and floored it to my suprise it was not that bad it was not a TL but for a kia it was not bad. i hit 115 in no time and by this time im thinking about slowing down just as i lift my foot off the gas i passed a cop on the right hand side sitting there waiting for some one to fuck up. as soon as i passed him i looked behind me and sure enough the lights went on( this is were i get REALLY STUPID) i quickly let my foot off the gas and a million thoughts rushed through my head and imediately floored it ( again really stupid idea i know) by this time im already at 115ish and kept it floored till about 130ish i was in the middle lane and took a look in my rear view mirror and saw no cop i got on the carpool lane and slowed down to 70mph as fast as i could. i was shitting bricks and did not know why i had just done that. About 15-30sec later ( i wasnt really counting just looking in my rearview mirror) a cop passes me at over 100mph EASILY for a second i felt relieved and stupid all in one but only for a second. right after the cop passed me im guessing it realized it passed me and got on the carpool lane shoulder and stopped with its lights. in my head i could think of nothing but jail and a shit load of other problems but worse what my family would think. i started to accept it and realized it was my stupidity so might as well take it like a man and accept the consequences ( keep in mind all this thinking happened in the blink of an eye but seemed like an eternity for me). thinking still about what to do i realized there was an exit between me and the cop ( for those of u in Cali its South ST exit = cerrittos mall exit) looked around and with out thinking about it jumped the carpool lane and cut across all lanes of traffic and got off on the exit made a right hand turn and took streets all the way home. this happened around 11:30pm last night yes i know it was VERY VERY STUPID but once i got home i was content with what had happened dont kno why but once i got home and was in my room i felt it was well worth it

ps: I KNOW IT WAS VERY STUPID OF ME AND NEVER INTEND TO DO THAT EVER AGAIN NOR DO I ENCOURAGE ANYONE TO DO THAT FOR ANY REASON WHAT SO EVER the thing is if you would have asked me a day ago if i would ever run away from a cop for ANY reason my answer would have been NOT IN A LIFETIME.
u got really lucky but what if the cop didnt disapear in your mirror and accually caught up to you?
Old 02-13-2007, 05:48 PM

Oh well, nice story nonetheless.

Quick Reply: Cop Problems O_o