Comments on TL and want confirmation on price

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003 | 09:09 PM
4th Gear

Comments on TL and want confirmation on price

This is my first post on this board. I am not the owner of an Acura and have never even owned a honda. I have been looking for a sports sedan and bgan getting excited about the Infinity G35. I reviewed Edmunds on the Net and they had The TL as a comparison. My curiosity was stimulated and when I finally sat in the TL I was instantly taken by its captivating interior. I feel that others look at the exterior while I experience the interior. The exterior is handsom and athletic also with its forward leaning stance and a slight reseblence to the BMW. I am by no means a purist but see the TL taking some hits lately and feel they are Ill founded, as I do not ever plan to take this car to a race track. I live in Pasco Washington, SE Wa. , and my closest dealer is in Spokane Washington. He just gave me a quote of $1000 off MSRP for an 04 TL White with Nav and Parchment interior. I think I will go ahead with the deal and order the car tomorow. I have been working over the Internet to do the deal. From what I have heard it is difficult to get the Nav TLs, so I think this is as good a deal as I will get. The dealer will have to order it so I will probably have to wait a month or two. My only other option is the Seattle area and I hear that they are not dealing very much. Do you all think that this is good deal?

Thanks for Reading this post!
Old 12-14-2003 | 09:39 PM
Intermediate

Good choice.

Sounds like a fair deal from the posts I have been reading lately about navi pricing. I had to wait about a month for mine, but it is worth the wait. Coming to this site was torture though.

I also have never owned a Acura before the TL. I was looking at a used 330 or new G35. On a whim I looked at the Acura website and found the all new 04 TL and have never looked back. Best car in that market hands down. I live in central Illinois and just had our 2nd snowfall. While I do drive in snow about 4 months a year, I do NOT ever get to drive on a slalom course or race track. The Car & Driver and other reviews that bash FWD don't live in the real world as most of us do!

I tried to discover the dreaded torque steer by stopping on a straight road and hammering it down the road without holding the wheel. Car went straight as could be. I do have the 5-speed which is significantly better from the sounds of it, but again this is not something the vast majority of drivers ever need to do.

The muscular exterior styling and awesome interior styling do provide the great joy I seek in driving a car. The bluetooth is great and DVD-A/XM are great enhancements to one's driving experience. I like to drive at night because the interior lighting is awesome. I guess I am saying you won't regret purchasing or waiting for the TL! Good luck and hope you enjoy the car like the vast majority of the other 04 TL owners.

Great car at a great price for the real world.
Old 12-14-2003 | 09:42 PM
Chief TL Aviator

Sounds like a good deal! Better than what I got ....
I'd take it.
Old 12-14-2003 | 11:21 PM
Racer

Re: Comments on TL and want confirmation on price

Originally posted by Phils_Havens
This is my first post on this board. I am not the owner of an Acura and have never even owned a honda. I have been looking for a sports sedan and bgan getting excited about the Infinity G35. I reviewed Edmunds on the Net and they had The TL as a comparison. My curiosity was stimulated and when I finally sat in the TL I was instantly taken by its captivating interior. I feel that others look at the exterior while I experience the interior. The exterior is handsom and athletic also with its forward leaning stance and a slight reseblence to the BMW. I am by no means a purist but see the TL taking some hits lately and feel they are Ill founded, as I do not ever plan to take this car to a race track. I live in Pasco Washington, SE Wa. , and my closest dealer is in Spokane Washington. He just gave me a quote of $1000 off MSRP for an 04 TL White with Nav and Parchment interior. I think I will go ahead with the deal and order the car tomorow. I have been working over the Internet to do the deal. From what I have heard it is difficult to get the Nav TLs, so I think this is as good a deal as I will get. The dealer will have to order it so I will probably have to wait a month or two. My only other option is the Seattle area and I hear that they are not dealing very much. Do you all think that this is good deal?

Thanks for Reading this post!
Definitely a good deal. Find out what other costs there are. Documents fees, DMV fees, etc. You don't want to be surprised by some dealer add on after you've waited a month and you get emotionally attached to the car when you finally see it.
Old 12-14-2003 | 11:36 PM
Advanced

I guess you are dealing with Greg. I picked my 04TL 6-sp No Nav on Tuesday. They are a very nice dealership. Based on my one experience, I would highly recommend them. It's also good for our local economies if we spend our money in the Inland NW.
Old 12-15-2003 | 05:46 AM
Pro

Re: Re: Comments on TL and want confirmation on price

Originally posted by gregory28
Definitely a good deal. Find out what other costs there are. Documents fees, DMV fees, etc. You don't want to be surprised by some dealer add on after you've waited a month and you get emotionally attached to the car when you finally see it.
I agree on this one. Always ask for a DRIVE OUT price. Then you get to see if they pack it with fees that you should not pay. However, do not worry about a $50 or so doc fee. Unless you want to get the car put in your name etc.

Even with this, they will still try to sell you extended warrenty, life time oil change etc when you sit down to pay. Know if you want to pay for them as they will TRY hard to sell them if they see weakness...
Old 12-15-2003 | 07:42 AM
Instructor

Maybe this is a bit off topic, but what are some typical additional fees. In New Jersey, the registration fee added on by the dealer was $121 and he said that is some sort of fixed fee. Then there was another $157 in computer time, delivery service, and clerical expenses. How does this compare to others? I do realize that things might be different state to state and dealer to dealer.
Old 12-15-2003 | 09:22 AM
Advanced

I had to pay the licensing fee and a typical document fee (~$45). Other than that, I paid the previously agreed price and sales tax. I was offered an extended warranty and a reasonably priced protection package, but declined both. There was never any pressure at anytime to take anything I didn't want. The car was delivered exactly as promised. I also received a thorough review of the car's operation.
Old 12-15-2003 | 02:14 PM
Racer

Originally posted by mattlana
Maybe this is a bit off topic, but what are some typical additional fees. In New Jersey, the registration fee added on by the dealer was $121 and he said that is some sort of fixed fee. Then there was another $157 in computer time, delivery service, and clerical expenses. How does this compare to others? I do realize that things might be different state to state and dealer to dealer.

I'm in NJ also. $157 documentary fee (clerical, computer and clerical) and the DMV fee was about $121- need to check that.