Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold air problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 10:39 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Cold air problems

I jus had the catalytic converter replaced at 10k. I don't know why it needed one, car has been serviced at proper intervals, only 93 octane used, don't know why the cat went bad. Then about 2 weekends ago i installed a INJEN cold air intake on it... today after i cleaned the car and everything. my friends and myself went for a drive. As soon as i left my house and i went around the corner the check engine light came on again. So i went to the local autozone borrowed their diagnostic computer. It said something like, running lean bank 1 and bank 2. From my knowledge i can say that the TL's ecu isn't compensating for the extra air and/or denser air that the cold air in providing. All my friends, cousins, they all have cold air intakes, why is it that the car has this problem? Does anyone else have this problem with their TL?
Old 02-06-2005, 11:43 PM
[]( O)( O)% []D[][]V[][]D

Disconnect ur battery for 15 minutes this will reset ur ECU n it will think the way it's running is normal with the Intake
Old 02-07-2005, 12:27 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
I havent had that problem with my cold air, so I dont think that helps much.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:17 AM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
why did you have to replace your CAT? i dont get it.

my check engine light came on about a month afterwards... it turned out to be a damn rat that chewed through the knock sensor wire...

if you went by the instructions that injen gave you with the intake... you should have already disconnected the battery anyway...

make sure that you give it enough time to completely kill the power to the ecu
Old 02-07-2005, 09:53 AM
10th Gear

Exclamation cold air problems

The INJEN instructions said to disconnect the battery? I never saw that step. I re-routed the antifreeze line and used to flexible rubber hose for the vacuum line for the pcv valve. I have no idea why they had to replace the cat, the light kept coming on and off repeatedly... the dealer said my cat is bad, they ordered it and replaced it, thursday went by. Then yesterday (sunday) these guys were making laps around the block, turbo eclipse, 02 v6 eclipse, gs-r integra. I pulled the TL out and passed by their little crew, jus wanted to break some necks. so i flew by them and soon as vtec opened in second the check engine light came on again. I thought it was something related to the cat again. Then i went and checked it, thats when i saw the thing said i am running lean on bank 1 and bank 2. This car is getting me mad, one problem to the next. Thanks for your help and responses.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:12 AM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i say take it back to the dealer. and hope its a problem thats covered by warranty
Old 02-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pearl04TL
The INJEN instructions said to disconnect the battery? I never saw that step. I re-routed the antifreeze line and used to flexible rubber hose for the vacuum line for the pcv valve. I have no idea why they had to replace the cat, the light kept coming on and off repeatedly... the dealer said my cat is bad, they ordered it and replaced it, thursday went by. Then yesterday (sunday) these guys were making laps around the block, turbo eclipse, 02 v6 eclipse, gs-r integra. I pulled the TL out and passed by their little crew, jus wanted to break some necks. so i flew by them and soon as vtec opened in second the check engine light came on again. I thought it was something related to the cat again. Then i went and checked it, thats when i saw the thing said i am running lean on bank 1 and bank 2. This car is getting me mad, one problem to the next. Thanks for your help and responses.
If your check engine light was coming on for the cat being bad, then I would say the problem is with your emmissions system, not your CAI. I think that you installing the CAI is just coincidental to the check engine light coming on again. Take the car to the dealer.