Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

went to dealership today

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Awesome to the Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
went to dealership today

went to the dealership in glendale, ca today cause I was thinking about buying those plugs for the front license plate area but then I also wanted to compare my TL to another one....

I don't have pictures..but on the driver's side door...when you open the door and look at the bottom of the opening...there's a space where it seems as though the bumper piece should align with the car..but there's a space/gap there..so I wanted to compare with another TL..so I went in...saw there was a gap there in another TL and the service dept was closed..so i spoke with the armenian car salesman and asked if people complained about any parts of the car...cause I've had some minor problems..like unbelievable hydroplaning tires, windshield spray spraying passed my car, and the vibrations/rattles in my dash and the only thing he said people complained about ever were the cupholders and some vibration there...hmmm...and i thought to myself...

do most people not complain or do they complain, but the salesman just keep it to themselves so they can sell more cars or do they complain and just ignore the claims of recent buyers?

anyone here ever sell something they knew was faulty? how'd you deal with it when customers asked?

okay, back to work...
Old 02-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the sales people today know the products fairly well. They have heard about all the issues and know what to do or say. They can play dumb... What they do more of is know what the customers are comparing and playing off strengths or weaknesses.. They have sales meeting to discuss this to close a deal.. The learn from their experiences.

They can say I had this 20 something kid in here looking over the car, his/her first acura... he was comparing that to brand xyz. The sales person sizes up the guy/gal for what they are looking for... ride, performance, etc. price.. geek toys etc..

Go into an infinit dealer and they will talk about driveline vibrations on the TL.. go into an acura dealer and you get features/price, etc..

They want to know where the hook is... is it monthly cost etc. The say that the service department is clean, properly staffed, yadda yadda yadda.... The one I went to they admitted to some issues but if you were buying new they will say that they fixed them in the new model and commited to your patronage as a new or returning customer...

I went in and I could tell them about the issues I had with the car. I can say I like this and that about the product, but my concern is xyz I have been hearing on the acura forum...

They are there to close the deal, after that you deal with service...