Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

climate control questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
climate control questions

As some may recall I was having problems with my climate control. Yesterday I was in at the dealer and of course they couldn't find anything wrong with it. After explaining my problem, the service manager decided he'd order a new "control module" and replace it. Does anyone know where this module is?

Also, he explained that the vent by the side mirror will always put out unconditioned air- in other words it would be cold in the winter- and if I didn't want that I'd have to close that vent. Can you guys verify that? It wasn't that way in my old Honda, that's why I'm curious.

thanks!

PS~ what's the deal with these new embedded ads???
Old 03-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
The module is located behind the glove box.

I can't find the diagram in the service manual, but I think that all the vents are climate controlled.

The embedded ads are a new advertising tool, which results in increased revenue, which helps keep the forum operating. It is currently in a trial period, and I'm sure the opinions of the members will be considered.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ron A
The embedded ads are a new advertising tool, which results in increased revenue, which helps keep the forum operating. It is currently in a trial period, and I'm sure the opinions of the members will be considered.
In that case, my opinion is they detract severely from the quality of the site. I hate salesmen and marketers. I want to keep them OUT of my life.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont see why it would bother anyone, they generate revenue, unless you want to pay to have access to these forums, they are fine.............its not like they pop up.

Do you know what involved in hosting? maintaining and running a forum? its not easy, takes time and lots of money............
Old 03-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
back on topic, sorry for the OT post
Old 03-15-2006, 03:57 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by DeadLock
I dont see why it would bother anyone, they generate revenue, unless you want to pay to have access to these forums, they are fine.............its not like they pop up.

Do you know what involved in hosting? maintaining and running a forum? its not easy, takes time and lots of money............

Actually, they DO pop up ... at least in a way. Mouse over one of them and a tooltip pops up.

I understand the work and expense that goes into maintaining a forum like this, but I've seen these exact same links used on other car forums, and they didn't last long on a single one. The members find them so annoying that they raise hell until they're gone.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Instructor

I'm anxious to see what folks have to say on this as I noticed the same thing from the vents by the mirrors but I haven't had time to "experiment" with it. FWIW, the new "ads" don't really bother me as they are already on many other forums I frequent. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do to pay the bills!
Old 03-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A

When I saw it I thought it was a link to a thread in which the original poster described the problem he was having (until the advert popped up, of course). If these are needed to keep the forum open AND FREE, then I can learn to live with them; on balance, I'd prefer not to have them, but I'd rather have the forum and put up with the adverts than either lose the forum or have to pay for it.

EDITED to add the following thought-- It's a little bit annoying in the case of this thread because the tool that embeds the advertising obviously just keys in on the word and cannot tell the context. I hesitate to use the word in question because I don't want an advert embedded in my post, so let's see.....the advert in the original post relates to a vehicle manufacturer r-e-c-a-l-l-i-n-g vehicles due to defects or safety hazards or the like, but that's not the subject of the original post.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Racer

Well the service manager didn't know what he was talking about (go figure) as the vent was putting out heated air on my ride home tonight.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Advanced

Funny you mention this cool air problem. Today I driving and it's a sunny day so naturally the car gets hot from the sun although it is 32 degrees outside and windy. I have the climate control set at 22 and I feel a cold draft hitting me and finally realized after months of feeling this on and off it is the vent by the window. I shut it and the problem seems to be gone for now.