3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleared headlights turn signal bulb - please help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cleared headlights turn signal bulb - please help!

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can order the clear bulb but blinks amber (orange) when turned on for a cleared headlight?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ebay

search "chrome amber 7443" and you shall recieve
Old 11-08-2006, 07:12 PM
'02 NBP TL-S

autozone

take 10 dollars

got to the sylvania silverstar bulb section

7443 bulb

works like a charm and looks great, i have them in my car.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Frazman
autozone

take 10 dollars

7443 bulb

They arent chrome/clear though... They have a little bit of color in them. How do you like them?
Old 11-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have these

7443 chrome by seller 1

7443 chrome by seller 2
Old 11-08-2006, 09:28 PM
'02 NBP TL-S

Originally Posted by TLFourplay
They arent chrome/clear though... They have a little bit of color in them. How do you like them?
I love them because they put off a small blue tint to my turn signals when the bulbs are turned off. oem = amber when off, silverstars = blueish when off.

Looks great, works great, nice and bright.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Pro

eautoworks.com
Old 11-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Pro

Thanks everyone for your help! I'll definitely be purchasing from one of those links very soon
Old 11-09-2006, 12:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Chrome, but blink amber: silverbulbs.com

They can be found on eBay as well. ding069 has pictures of them in action in his cleared/blacked headlight thread.

I installed them a few weeks ago:

No flash from the camera

With flash from the camera

The flash causes the bulb to show more of its amber nature.

slimmyjimmy, you keep starting threads that have been discussed many times before. First LEDs and now turn signal bulbs. Use the search feature dude!
Old 11-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Pro

Thanks for the help datmrman!

Sorry about the thread build-up. I'll keep putting the Search feature to use from here on out
Old 11-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Pro

autozone

take 10 dollars

7443 bulb

Frazman,

I had two quick questions about the bulbs that you're using on your headlights from Autozone.

What color are the bulbs if they're not the chrome colored ones like everyone on this thread has been saying to get? I'm in Virginia and cops here are super strict. They'll pull someone over even if the bulb gives off a visible shade of blue when it's not turned on. Are those sylvania's like that?

Secondly, I was wondering what color the bulbs are when they are turned on. Are they amber?

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2006, 05:47 PM
'02 NBP TL-S

the bulbs themselves have a mirror finish with a slight blue tint. there's a state patrol car that sits along my drive home and i stopped and asked him about it today. he took a look with the lights on and off and commented that they were perfectly legal, no problems. he even commented that they looked cool when they were turned off.

secondly, when the bulbs are lit they are amber, NOT white or blue. they are just as bright if not brighter than the OEM amber bulbs.

hope this helps. just my .
Old 11-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Pro

the bulbs themselves have a mirror finish with a slight blue tint. there's a state patrol car that sits along my drive home and i stopped and asked him about it today. he took a look with the lights on and off and commented that they were perfectly legal, no problems. he even commented that they looked cool when they were turned off.

secondly, when the bulbs are lit they are amber, NOT white or blue. they are just as bright if not brighter than the OEM amber bulbs.

hope this helps. just my .
Hmm.....I see. Thanks for the input. I still might just stick with the bulbs that datmrman has from silverbulbs.com just cause I think I might need a chrome finish. I really like and even prefer the bluish finish that you're talking about with the sylvania bulbs but honestly, I think cops here in Virginia are much more strict than the cops in Ohio where you're located. They are probably gonna question me about those if they see them. Sucks cause the sylvania bulbs sound like the ones I want but I can't use here
Old 11-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by slimmyjimmy
Hmm.....I see. Thanks for the input. I still might just stick with the bulbs that datmrman has from silverbulbs.com just cause I think I might need a chrome finish. I really like and even prefer the bluish finish that you're talking about with the sylvania bulbs but honestly, I think cops here in Virginia are much more strict than the cops in Ohio where you're located. They are probably gonna question me about those if they see them. Sucks cause the sylvania bulbs sound like the ones I want but I can't use here
Look into PIAA Mirror Orange Bulbs. That's what I have in my G35. However, I have the 7440. Someone said they didn't come in 7443, but that discussion was a year ago, so maybe they do now.

(7440 is the same as 7443, except it only has 2 contacts instead of 3, so you'd lose the parking lights)

But anyways, these bulbs have a chrome-finish. I got them at a local autoparts store for $39.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Drifting

I think cops here in Virginia are much more strict than the cops in Ohio where you're located. They are probably gonna question me about those if they see them.
Honestly I don't think you have anything to worry about. The Sylvania bulbs are D.O.T. approved if I remember correctly. I don't think any of the 50 states have any laws regarding the color of a bulb when off. Since these bulbs illuminate amber, they should be 50 state legal.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by avs007
Honestly I don't think you have anything to worry about. The Sylvania bulbs are D.O.T. approved if I remember correctly. I don't think any of the 50 states have any laws regarding the color of a bulb when off. Since these bulbs illuminate amber, they should be 50 state legal.
In fact, read this on Virginia's statutes, particularly the note in paragraph 8. It says that as long as the signal emits an amber light, it is not in violation. So that means even if a cop tried to site you, you should have a 100% chance of beating the ticket.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:20 PM
acura-cl.com OG

i'd just buy a set from silverbulbs.com. great product, great price, 100% legal.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Cruisin'

has anyone used "7443-15 LED bulb " (parking/turn signal) bulb from superbrightleds.com ?? Just wondering what it would look like. I dont have clear headlamps.

Nan08
06' WDP w/ Nav
Old 11-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Just perform a search to find the thread. leedogg has LEDs installed, I'm not sure if they're from superbrightleds.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by nan08
has anyone used "7443-15 LED bulb " (parking/turn signal) bulb from superbrightleds.com ?? Just wondering what it would look like. I dont have clear headlamps.

Nan08
06' WDP w/ Nav
If you don't have clear lenses, you'll want to get LEDs that are the same color as the lenses, otherwise you'll be cutting the output lumens of the LEDs, resulting in a dimmer output.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:04 PM
acura-cl.com OG

If you don't have clear lenses, you'll want to get LEDs that are the same color as the lenses, otherwise you'll be cutting the output lumens of the LEDs, resulting in a dimmer output.
led's also need a set of resistors to work as well. they cost about $10-15 and without them you will get the fast "bulb is out" blink.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Pro

Okay so now I'm torn. Avs007 has convinced me that the Sylvania bulbs are in fact legit and that I can use them here in Virginia but I just ordered the chrome finished ones from silverbulbs.com yesterday. I can still probably cancel them and even return them.

So what do you guys think? Keep the chrome ones from silverbulbs.com or go with the Sylvania bulbs?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Drifting

Okay so now I'm torn. Avs007 has convinced me that the Sylvania bulbs are in fact legit and that I can use them here in Virginia but I just ordered the chrome finished ones from silverbulbs.com yesterday. I can still probably cancel them and even return them.

So what do you guys think? Keep the chrome ones from silverbulbs.com or go with the Sylvania bulbs?
Depends on how bright they are. If they weren't too much (I have no idea how much you paid), I'd opt to just keep em' and see how they work.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Pro

Depends on how bright they are. If they weren't too much (I have no idea how much you paid), I'd opt to just keep em' and see how they work.
I paid $12.99 for the chrome bulbs from silverbulbs.com. Frazman said he paid $10 for the Sylvania bulbs from Autozone so price wise, the difference isn't significant at all.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:45 AM
Drifting

I paid $12.99 for the chrome bulbs from silverbulbs.com. Frazman said he paid $10 for the Sylvania bulbs from Autozone so price wise, the difference isn't significant at all.
$10 for the sylvanias? Over here they wanted $29. Makes my $39 PIAAs seem like a rip-off (Granted this was like a year ago)
Old 11-11-2006, 05:50 PM
acura-cl.com OG

keep the silverbulbs, you wont be sorry. IMO the sylvanias look ricey, they add a rainbow color egg yoke effect to the reflector. I installed them in my old expedition and really hated them. i didn't changed them out though because i caouldn't justify throwing a set of $25 bulbs in the trash. i really was not happy with them.
if you want the blueish egg yoke in there, go for it.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ding069
keep the silverbulbs, you wont be sorry. IMO the sylvanias look ricey, they add a rainbow color egg yoke effect to the reflector. I installed them in my old expedition and really hated them. i didn't changed them out though because i caouldn't justify throwing a set of $25 bulbs in the trash. i really was not happy with them.
if you want the blueish egg yoke in there, go for it.
The last thing that I want in my car is a ricey look. That's one that I'm trying to avoid the most.

Thanks ding for the input!

I'll keep the chrome bulbs from silverbulbs
Old 11-13-2006, 10:50 AM
acura-cl.com OG

silverbulbs.....

Old 11-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ding069
silverbulbs.....

That looks sweet!
Old 12-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Reviving an older thread here....

OK, so all this talk about about the legality of the amber/non-amber turn signals has gotten me to think a little outside the box. "Get ready, cuz this ain't funny"

I might be in the minority here, but I absolutely prefer a bright white or semi-white-blue hue to my turn signals/parking lights. I like this look for when I feel like cruising with the only parking lights on during dusk, or simply having a nice clean white look to the headlight housing while driving at night. Now, this is for when the turn signals aren't activated (blinking). The big legal hang-up from what I understand (and believe me, living in California, A.K.A. car modification Nazi-land, I've been involved in a number of pull overs and can understand) is that the turn signal must light up amber, not that the parking light must be amber.

Imagine if there was a light out there that existed that allowed the parking light portion of the filament(s) to be white/blue while using the parking light, and then light up amber when you activated the turn signal. Would that not be the best of both worlds? Would that not appease car modifiers and law enforcers alike? I think that would be awesome.

Considering some of the amazing things they're doing with LEDs and microtechnology, I think it is possible.

OK, going back into the box now. Thought I'd step out of it for a minute...
Old 12-14-2006, 02:06 AM
Team Anthracite #100

Originally Posted by brettallica
Reviving an older thread here....

OK, so all this talk about about the legality of the amber/non-amber turn signals has gotten me to think a little outside the box. "Get ready, cuz this ain't funny"

I might be in the minority here, but I absolutely prefer a bright white or semi-white-blue hue to my turn signals/parking lights. I like this look for when I feel like cruising with the only parking lights on during dusk, or simply having a nice clean white look to the headlight housing while driving at night. Now, this is for when the turn signals aren't activated (blinking). The big legal hang-up from what I understand (and believe me, living in California, A.K.A. car modification Nazi-land, I've been involved in a number of pull overs and can understand) is that the turn signal must light up amber, not that the parking light must be amber.

Imagine if there was a light out there that existed that allowed the parking light portion of the filament(s) to be white/blue while using the parking light, and then light up amber when you activated the turn signal. Would that not be the best of both worlds? Would that not appease car modifiers and law enforcers alike? I think that would be awesome.

Considering some of the amazing things they're doing with LEDs and microtechnology, I think it is possible.

OK, going back into the box now. Thought I'd step out of it for a minute...
They DO make a bulb just as you describe...

http://superlumination.com/switchback.html

Unfortunately they don't fit through the existing housing. Too bad because they would look awesome.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by KBOM

Unfortunately they don't fit through the existing housing. Too bad because they would look awesome.
That would be awesome! Maybe they'll make one that fits for our TL in the future
Old 12-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
<|----------- Will be CUSTOM installing the SWITCHBACK LED into the cleared head lights... when I get a chance... might be after the holidays 'cause too many things going on right now.... I'll keep you guys posted........
Old 12-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by rodneyc77
<|----------- Will be CUSTOM installing the SWITCHBACK LED into the cleared head lights... when I get a chance... might be after the holidays 'cause too many things going on right now.... I'll keep you guys posted........
Sweet! Remember to post pics too
Old 12-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KBOM

if i'm not mistaken, our bulbs are 7443 wedge, which they make.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Safety Car

Received 291 Likes on 172 Posts
DIY...

use your stock signal bulb and buy a yellow sharpie marker for $1.99 and just color your bulb. Make a JDM look to it :P Bright yellow when you signal

Old 12-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey Lax... they do make them, however, it doesn't fit through the existing opening 'cause the switchback led bulb is bigger in diameter... believe me I've tried to put them in already...
Old 12-14-2006, 12:10 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Laxplaya11385
if i'm not mistaken, our bulbs are 7443 wedge, which they make.
nm see rodneys post above
Old 12-15-2006, 02:07 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ua6spec
DIY...

use your stock signal bulb and buy a yellow sharpie marker for $1.99 and just color your bulb. Make a JDM look to it :P Bright yellow when you signal

Whoa that looks pretty crazy. Lights up just as if you have the amber reflectors in there. Can't even tell. Nice one!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Get these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SILVE...QQcmdZViewItem

Offer the guy $4 and he will take it, at least he did for me.

Quick Reply: Cleared headlights turn signal bulb - please help!