Sponsored by:

Chase Bank and my Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 05:07 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Chase Bank and my Dealer

Can f*ck themselves.

I bought my TL about a month ago which was already a pain in my ass to do that. So I was waiting for the payment book to come and after a while I called the dealership and tried to get an answer from the salesman that sold me the car as to when I might see such a thing. Well, all I got was an answering machine to which I never got a call back. About a week later on the 15th 4 days before my first payment is due, I still have know idea who or where to send a check. So I sent an email to the financing department. 5 days later I get a response saying they don't know why I haven't received anything, but they did give me a number to call. HOW NICE.

Here's the part I really love...

I finally was able to talk to someone at chase yesterday. They had quite a problem finding me in their system. JOY!!! Then I am told my payment is 5 days late and I have 6 left in my grace period. JUST WONDERFUL!!! So I never get a bill and I have 6 days to pay or MY CREDIT SUFFERS!!! Now why didn't I get a bill? Well the answer was because I got my loan in the process of them changing from booklets to statements and "I was lost in the process". That make me wonder HOW F*CKING INCOMPETENT ARE THESE PEOPLE??? What a wonderful way to run a business. We admit we're f*cking idiots, but that's not our problem it would be your if you didn't look into it.

Thanks Chase for potentially ruining my credit.

I figured I would rant here first before sending something to chase. We'll see if or what kind of response I get.

By the way my dealer is Motorworld Group in Wilkes Barre, PA. My experience with them has been another good one. Maybe another post when I feel like ranting again.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by richjb
Can f*ck themselves.

I bought my TL about a month ago which was already a pain in my ass to do that. So I was waiting for the payment book to come and after a while I called the dealership and tried to get an answer from the salesman that sold me the car as to when I might see such a thing. Well, all I got was an answering machine to which I never got a call back. About a week later on the 15th 4 days before my first payment is due, I still have know idea who or where to send a check. So I sent an email to the financing department. 5 days later I get a response saying they don't know why I haven't received anything, but they did give me a number to call. HOW NICE.

I finally was able to talk to someone at chase yesterday. They had quite a problem finding me in their system. JOY!!! Then I am told my payment is 5 days late and I have 6 left in my grace period. JUST WONDERFUL!!! So I never get a bill and I have 6 days to pay or MY CREDIT SUFFERS!!! Now why didn't I get a bill? Well the answer was because I got my loan in the process of them changing from booklets to statements and "I was lost in the process". That make me wonder HOW F*CKING INCOMPETENT ARE THESE PEOPLE??? What a wonderful way to run a business. We admit we're f*cking idiots, but that's not our problem it would be your if you didn't look into it.

I figured I would rant here first before sending something to chase. We'll see if or what kind of response I get.

By the way my dealer is Motorworld Group in Wilkes Barre, PA. My experience with them has been another good one. Maybe another post when I feel like ranting again.
Can you do billpay through your checking account bank? You should have your account number and the payment address and thats all you need Ive never paid with the payment book, I dont even know if I ever got a payment book
Old 04-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can f*ck themselves.

Your F*CKING credit won't get ruined because you missed one car payment. Chill out.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Ur Mutha She Stinks!!

First off i work for Chase and no im not up their on teh corporate ladder Chase is going through a lot right now we jsut purchased Bank of NY and are changing systems from a previous acquisiton of Bank One. Now The whole nation is uder one system instead of two differnt systems so say you were out of state and you thought oh shyt my payment is due tomorrow u can make that payment anywhere. so dont blamechase for anything. explain the problem and because it was bank error any late fee should be reimbursed.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Cruisin'

Chase outright sux. Had them on my last lease, they admit to LOSING and not posting dealer payments to buy out lease then try to tell over the phone that although we never posted those payments you owe us 2 more months out of pocket. I ask a question to look up the account when MY last payment was and how I owe 2 more payments, she says no access to that screen is available. Well how am I supposed to know if you are correct without any imformation, should I take you word for it. You already admitted to losing 1 check and not posting it. They are the most incompetant bank and you can defend all you want, they have morons working for them. Thnakfully I am with Honda Financing now and hope it is a better experience. I still have received no paperwork on how I owe 2 more months after I requested an itemized statement.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Chase is no different than all of em....they all suck. Its a profit thing.....

And trust me....I HATE Chase too!

Difference with Honda Credit...is that it was set up for a purpose....to compliment the Honda Products....soooo......big difference in corp statement...although may perform many of the same functions in many regards.
Personally.....not with either of em on car loans.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:01 PM
Ur Mutha She Stinks!!

all banks use your money to make money loosing checks and payments if made through the mail or teller are not the banks fault in general. if you mail teh payment you are trusting the USPS to deliver your mail, mail can get lost. if you had the teller your paymetn he or she could have sorted the payment wrong. you can say Chase Bank in general sucks but it also depends on the service you get from the branchh you go to. and by no means condone that Chase is the greatest Bank out there i think they suck as well. im just saying that we have been going through some problems to try to accomodate everyone srry for the inconvenience
Old 04-25-2006, 09:38 PM
9th Gear

Can f*ck themselves.

Waiting for a payment book is old school dude. And if you were concerned, why did you let a whole week go by after leaving that message with your dealer. That's definitely poor service if they didn't call you back, but I wouldn't have waited that long without trying again. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
My TL is financed through Chase and I've had no issues other than that I can't pay online (or couldn't last time I thought about it). That said, I financed 2.5 years ago, long prior to their recent purchases. I seriously doubt they'll let a late payment on your car loan stick if it's their fault, so don't worry.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:23 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by xtin
Can you do billpay through your checking account bank? You should have your account number and the payment address and thats all you need Ive never paid with the payment book, I dont even know if I ever got a payment book
I can but dont want to do it that way. I didn't get an account number till yesterday.

Originally Posted by mxtt
Your F*CKING credit won't get ruined because you missed one car payment. Chill out.
maybe not ruined but negativly impacted. I have never missed or been late on a payment and have always made more than the minimum payment.

Originally Posted by azninvazion
explain the problem and because it was bank error any late fee should be reimbursed.
well when i am on the phone with someone and they tell me its their fault and i have 6 days left in my grace period or i'll be charged late fees, I get a little mad.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by azninvazion
all banks use your money to make money loosing checks and payments if made through the mail or teller are not the banks fault in general. if you mail teh payment you are trusting the USPS to deliver your mail, mail can get lost. if you had the teller your paymetn he or she could have sorted the payment wrong. you can say Chase Bank in general sucks but it also depends on the service you get from the branchh you go to. and by no means condone that Chase is the greatest Bank out there i think they suck as well. im just saying that we have been going through some problems to try to accomodate everyone srry for the inconvenience
We had acopy of the cashed check....from chase....never posted.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
I have CHASE visa credit card and have asked them over 10x to active an online thing through quicken and no dice for over two months! There answer is “you can download a statement and import it to quicken – if I wanted that I would not even talk to the idiots”. Every time I tried to active this feature it shows some errors about my card not being in the system – how great is their system wow – luckily I do not use the card to avid the frustration
Old 04-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Ur Mutha She Stinks!!

Originally Posted by OvaDaTop
We had acopy of the cashed check....from chase....never posted.
i dont get what you mean by this? can you eleborate a little bit?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
well when i am on the phone with someone and they tell me its their fault and i have 6 days left in my grace period or i'll be charged late fees, I get a little mad.
I've learned it's never thier fault...here we get our car taxes a few months after renewing our registration, with it being due a month or so after that (mine was always due the first part of November). Well, I never got my tax bill, but at the end of November, I got a tax bill WITH late fees! Somehow it was MY fault they sent my bill to my old address, despite me changing my address with the post office and everyone else (therefore, the phone book had my new address, as well). Heck, it's a county tax, and since I moved due to buying a house, it was filed and registered with the county! Yet they somehow didn't have my new address and it was my fault. Did they waive the late fees (pocket change, but principle) since this SNAFU was their fault? Nope. Moral of the story: It's never their fault, it's yours. And this holds true whether you're dealing with the government or corporation.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Advanced

maybe not ruined but negativly impacted. I have never missed or been late on a payment and have always made more than the minimum payment.
Most likely not. That would require that Chase actually reports the late payment.

I'd send them a letter (certified is best) warning them that you will hold them liable under the Fair Credit Reporting Act for any negative credit report. That will almost certainly prevent them from making any such report - even if they intended to do so for a few days late payment, which I doubt.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Cruisin'

I mean that they never posted the payment to the account but cashed the check.The dealer had recieved the check back and cashed....I had to fax a copy to them and after admitting that they messed up to me over the phone am still looking for 2 more payments without providing proof to me that I actually owe this money. Said I owed 2 payments w/o having the check posted, then posted it and said that after further review, I still owe 2 payments and I'm like proove it....goto the screen and read me off the payment history. Her repsonse was I don't have that screen available. I said to send me proof and I'll send payment IF I actually owe the money.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Ur Mutha She Stinks!!

Originally Posted by OvaDaTop
I mean that they never posted the payment to the account but cashed the check.The dealer had recieved the check back and cashed....I had to fax a copy to them and after admitting that they messed up to me over the phone am still looking for 2 more payments without providing proof to me that I actually owe this money. Said I owed 2 payments w/o having the check posted, then posted it and said that after further review, I still owe 2 payments and I'm like proove it....goto the screen and read me off the payment history. Her repsonse was I don't have that screen available. I said to send me proof and I'll send payment IF I actually owe the money.
did u ever look into the fraud aspect of it? i mean when you make a payment the check is not cashed your account is debited the money. did you send your payments through the mail or went to an actual branch to make the payments? ive seen cases were people send payments through the mail to find out the check was stolen and cashed. thats the only thing i can think of besides the fact that they are wrong and if they say anything say i paid with check number so and so and if they are asking for more payemtns keep asking for proof. they treat their employees like shyt to dont worry.