3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cerritos Acura - SoCal 2005 TL Power buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 10:10 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=ToddL]Well everyone - we met our commitment. Yesterday was pretty stressful because I wanted to make sure Evil Genius received his car, which was the reason for my plea to get everyone pre-qualified on Wednesday. Cerritos was really cool about it - they just wanted to make sure we were close to 10 before they started to release cars... Thanks to everyone for pre-qualifying.

It sounds like Evil Genius is the first one on the list who reveived the car in mid week. Do you who is the second? - I know that I 'm the fourth/fifth one and trying to guess when it is going to be my turn...Thanks
Old 10-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think there is really any good way to estimate. EG got his because whoever was first in line for that specific combo passed on it. Did they give you any sort of time estimate?
Old 10-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Instructor

Call Valerie or Kelly - they can give you an accurate date.

My color combo is Silver/ Quartz/ 5AT and I am 4th on the priority list. According to Valerie and Kelly, I should expect my car around October 24th.

Give them a call…

BTW – did anyone else pre-qualify today?
Old 10-16-2004, 01:37 PM
Cruisin'

Woww. Sorry for causing so much ruckus re SS#. Obviously, it's everyone's own personal choice. And, BENKEI, I did not and would not call anyone "dumb." Don't know where that came from.

EVIL GENIUS - Congrats! I'm sure you're going to enjoy.........it's a great car.

LORE: Thanks for your comments. I really like the smart way you handled it.

TODDL: You have done a lot of hard work to save many of the folks here a bunch of $$$.
And I know everyone is grateful. I'm not in a hurry so I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. One thing tho, I'd like to take you up on your offer so I'll PM you.

Thanks everyone.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Instructor

The dumb commit came from New2004AcuraTLman. He has every right to be sceptical, especially given his experience with Identity theft, but he decided to insult members rather than giving his humble option.

Lore – I do appreciate your insight and keeping your comments and suggestions informative and in a positive light. Identity theft is a real issue and everyone should be concerned with protecting their identity and credit rating. This is very important to me and I have always done due diligence to keep my credit rating impeccable. Even so, we are not talking about a fly by Night Corporation or a used car dealership... Acura/ Honda is a trusted name and Cerritos Acura is one of their top 3 dealerships in Southern California. So I feel the risk is at a minimum...

CB - I sent you some contact info. Hope it helps...

TL
Old 10-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Intermediate

Auto Loans Interest Rates

I've been shopping around for auto loans and found Ohio Central Savings http://www.ocsavings.com/ they are offering 3.99% apr for new car loans. Has anyone heard of them before?
Old 10-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Racer

I'll be getting 3.99% from my credit union, western. It says 4.24, but they give .25% off if you apply online :P Of course, you have to be a member
Old 10-17-2004, 12:27 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Originally Posted by ToddL
The dumb commit came from New2004AcuraTLman. He has every right to be sceptical, especially given his experience with Identity theft, but he decided to insult members rather than giving his humble option.

Lore – I do appreciate your insight and keeping your comments and suggestions informative and in a positive light. Identity theft is a real issue and everyone should be concerned with protecting their identity and credit rating. This is very important to me and I have always done due diligence to keep my credit rating impeccable. Even so, we are not talking about a fly by Night Corporation or a used car dealership... Acura/ Honda is a trusted name and Cerritos Acura is one of their top 3 dealerships in Southern California. So I feel the risk is at a minimum...

CB - I sent you some contact info. Hope it helps...

TL
ToddL,

You are absolutely right in your assessment of Cerritos Acura -- I trust that their employees are professionals and would take all precautions necessary to safeguard the buyer's SSN. I'm not as concerned about identity theft in this situation as with the number of inquiries that need to be made for your credit report. At the end of the day, when I bought my car I had 3 inquiries on my credit report, which rather annoyed me.

But thank you for your comments - I enjoy having positive discussions with the members of this board and will strive to continue providing comments that are helpful and constructive vs. those that are demeaning and useless.

Finally, thank you for setting up this purchase! You are a great asset to this forum, and I look forward to hearing your comments about your 05. Right now, I'm just a little preoccupied with the townhome I'm buying in Northern Cali! =)
Old 10-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Instructor

[QUOTE=tsquare]
Well everyone - we met our commitment. Yesterday was pretty stressful because I wanted to make sure Evil Genius received his car, which was the reason for my plea to get everyone pre-qualified on Wednesday. Cerritos was really cool about it - they just wanted to make sure we were close to 10 before they started to release cars... Thanks to everyone for pre-qualifying.

It sounds like Evil Genius is the first one on the list who reveived the car in mid week. Do you who is the second? - I know that I 'm the fourth/fifth one and trying to guess when it is going to be my turn...Thanks
It depends of the color combo / options you want - for example, I want the 5AT WDP Quartz Navi and there are 4 coming this week. I'm 4th on their list for that car - that means I should be picking up my car this week! Talk to Valerie / Kelly and ask them the estimated time of arrival for "Your" car. They should be able to give you a good idea.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Instructor

I made a mistake in my earlier post...

Cerritos is only going to do the Powerbuy for 20 buyers and/or until the end of the month (I stated 25 buyers)... At that time they will re-evaluate if they are going to continue the deal...

Right now we are at 14 or 15 pre-qualified members - so that means we have either 5 or 6 more slots before they are going to cut off the deal and re-evaluate...

Sorry for mistake...

TL
Old 10-18-2004, 06:33 PM
Awesome to the Max

Important

I wanted to update some of the details for new people. I had Valerie's email wrong and Randal is really not a first line contact. Please use either Kelly or Valerie

2005 Acura TL Power Buy Details (Updated 10/14/04)

Cerritos Acura

• Navigation Model - $1,500.00 over Invoice ($33,873.05 + Tax + Title + Doc Fees)

• Non-Navigation Model - $1,300.00 over Invoice ($31,282.00 + Tax + Title + Doc Fees)
(Please confirm with the dealer first – I only received this after I set up the original deal)

• Optional Protection Package - $340.00 (Mud Flaps, Wheel Locks, Truck Tray, Prep and Installation)

Mention “Todd LoSasso 2005 TL Power Buy”
Phone: 800-825-0848 / 562-402-5281
Kelly Willis: X169 kwillis@browningautogroup.com

Commitment Must have 13 buyers to pre-qualify to get the said deal
Current # 8 buyers pre-qualified (5 more to go)

The Process:

You will have to pre-qualify by filling out paperwork either online or in person. This requires your Name, Number, Address, Drivers License #, and SS #. (Regardless of how you finance this car, this is a requirement so if you have issue with providing this documentation, this deal is not for you. Some dealers require cash a deposit to order and secure cars, this dealership requires you to pre-qualify).

http://www.cerritosacura.com/en_US/F...ePreQualForm_1

Make sure you add the following information in the message text:

“Todd LoSasso 2005 TL Powerbuy”
Attn: Kelly/ Valerie
Description of car (IE: SSM/ Quartz/ 5AT-Nav/ Protection Package).

Other details…
• After you pre-qualify you will be placed on a Priority Backorder List (First come first serve). When the car you requested comes in stock – you will be called and you will have an opportunity to wait to a later date.
• We must have a minimum of 13 buyers to pre-qualify to receive this rate, otherwise the discount will have to be renegotiated.
• Additional options will be available at the dealer costs and can be added at the time of purchase.
• For more information please contact Kelly or Valerie at Cerritos Acura. You can also PM message me.

Thanks
TL

Hmm...Valerie just emailed me this even though your deal said above, "Our Price for the Auto/Navi 2005 for the Todd LoSasso Deal is
$34,213.05. This is not the OTD pricing. I do not know where
the communication went wrong, but this is the pricing.

Regards,
Valerie Shubin
"

So, i'm confused...$34,213 is not 1500 over invoice (31,803 = invoice).
Old 10-18-2004, 06:46 PM
10th Gear

the 34.2k price includes destination and the optional protection package.
the invoice price doesn't include either.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Awesome to the Max

oh, okay..thanks.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:57 PM
Instructor

Terse,

She is including the protection package in that quote. I guess everyone so far has purchased that options so they are including it in all quotes. I just spoke to Valerie and I guess Cerritos is selling the protection package on all their cars.

I know that all there cars automatically have the protection package installed - so they are starting to require it on all our deals... If you are not interested in the protection package - i will see if they will still allow it... I have a call into Randal but he doesnt get back until Wednesday...
Old 10-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Awesome to the Max

Terse,

She is including the protection package in that quote. I guess everyone so far has purchased that options so they are including it in all quotes. I just spoke to Valerie and I guess Cerritos is selling the protection package on all their cars.

I know that all there cars automatically have the protection package installed - so they are starting to require it on all our deals... If you are not interested in the protection package - i will see if they will still allow it... I have a call into Randal but he doesnt get back until Wednesday...

okay, thanks for clarifying. Thanks, but you don't have to call.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:04 PM
Racer

Oh well, I guess they're making my protection package decision a bit easier. Hehe
Old 10-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Instructor

I am checking to see if they (Cerritos) will go ahead and extend the pre-qual total to 25, since I made a mistake on my original post... I am sure it wont be an issue - but I have to discuss this with Randall who will be in the office Wednesday.

Anyway - Valerie said they are confirming shipments with Acura tomorrow or Wednesday, so those who havent received ETA's should by the end of the week...

Other than that - please PM or post any pre-quals so I can keep track on them...

Thanks again...
TL
Old 10-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Instructor

10/19/04 - Last day for the Power buy (for now)...

Wow - we hit the 20 mark today. I spoke to Kelly and Cerritos is going to accept all pre-qualifying registrations for the rest of today.

After today - I will have to wait until Randall meets with his superiors to determine if they are going to continue with the deal. He is back in the office tomorrow afternoon, so I probably won't have an answer until Thursday or Friday...

For all those who want in the deal - make sure you pre-qualify today. Kelly is working so I would suggest that if you do pre-qualify - contact her to make sure she receives your paperwork. Otherwise, check the post and I will let you know if they are going to continue either Thursday night or Friday.

Thanks
TL
Old 10-19-2004, 05:44 PM
2nd Gear

Woo-Hoo! I have mine! I absolutely love it!

Here is my story. I sent an email to Kelly around noon on Sunday. She called back about 5pm and said they had a car with my specs on the lot (ABP/Camel/5AT/Navi) and I could drive "up" and buy it today if I wanted to. (I'm in San Diego.) It was very tempting but I unfortunately had work I had to wrap up so I said I could stop by Monday night. Monday was a very loooooong day. My wife and I arrived up in Cerritos around 7:30pm. Jeez, L.A. traffic is the pits. I'm spoiled down here in the sticks. Everyone was super nice. There was a little misunderstanding with the price because I hadn't asked for the protection package. The car had been on the lot a few days so it already had the protection package installed. Alright, no problem. I got the protection package. Not bad. I'm glad I did now. Unless you are getting a car fresh from the factory, they install the protection package on every car they sell it seems. I had a trade-in so that seemed to take a while to process but overall it was a very enjoyable evening. We wrapped up around 10:30pm. Mike, the sales guys who helped us, even guided us around trying to find a Starbucks that was open that late. (Unfortunately, the navi couldn't show us which Starbucks were open.)

The drive home to San Diego was so much fun. It rained off and on the whole way home and the road twists and turns as it gets closer to San Diego. The car and tires' handling was amazing, plus no rattles, no steering drifts, no speeding tickets, no problems at all. I love this car!

ToddL, thank you so much for all your hard work in putting this deal together.

- Tree Frog
Old 10-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Instructor

10/19/04 – POWER BUY CLOSED (FOR NOW)

I spoke to Kelly and she is leaving for the day. Since Valerie and Randall are out today, they are not accepting any more pre-qualify applications. As I said before, I will have to wait until Randall meets with his superiors to determine if they are going to continue with the deal. I am going to assume that they are going to re-instate this deal, but I can’t guarantee that. I think if there are any changes – they might remove some cars off the deal especially the 6MT because of allocation issues.

Again – I will keep everyone updated and if you have any specific questions please PM me…

Congrats - Tree Frog... I am jealous and happy for you at the same time. Hopefully I will be getting mine on Saturday or Sunday...

TL
Old 10-19-2004, 06:51 PM
10th Gear

hey all, guess i'm a little late to the party, but did anyone get a non-navi for the $1300 over invoice? I'm up in the bay area and have not been able to get anything close to this, best offer so far has been a couple hundred under msrp, although I do want a popular color combo. If this opens up again, I'd seriously consider flying down and driving it up. congrats to all the new owners.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:53 PM
Racer

Eh, well if they decide to remove 6MTs from the deal, I would hope that they would at least give me the option of getting at 5AT...
Old 10-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Instructor

For those who pre-qualified prior to the cut-off period, you have nothing to worry about. That deal remains the same...

As for the rest, I am making assumptions which I shouldn't have posted. I will give everyone definate answers as soon as I hear back from Cerritos...
Old 10-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Racer

Hehe, okay. Guess I kinda jumped the gun.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Awesome to the Max

hmm...I submitted my pre qual last night...and i called kelly today...if she didn't call me saying I was qualified...does that mean i'm not on the list?
Old 10-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Instructor

10/19/04 – POWER BUY CLOSED FOR NEW APPLICATIONS (FOR NOW)

Sorry for the double post - but to reiterate:

For those who have not already pre-qualified and are still interested in the deal, you will have to wait until I speak with Randall tomorrow. He is the one who is responsible in coordinating special pricing programs at Cerritos and he is meeting with the GM tomorrow. They will discuss what form this program will take in the future, but until then they are putting this deal on hold for NEW buyers.

Individuals are more than welcome to continue to submit the pre-qualify application and I will try to get you grandfathered in. Unfortunately, if they cancel or modify this program, I can’t guarantee that it will be accepted. Again – I will keep everyone updated with any new developments and if you have any specific questions please PM me…

For everyone who already pre-qualified - we are good to go.

Thanks
TL
Old 10-19-2004, 08:11 PM
Instructor

Terse - If you submitted the pre-qualified last night you should be good to go...
Old 10-19-2004, 09:51 PM
I shift therefore I am

I called Kelly today - told her I wanted 6MT. She said they have to check the status of 6MTs and she will call me back tomorrow. She did enter me into the list, she said. Hopefully she'll call tomorrow with some good news. I aint buyin another AT!

BTW - great work, Todd!
Old 10-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Instructor

tlram - did you pre-qualify today? If you did - it shouldnt be a problem. I will check with them tomorrow if you want to PM your name...
Old 10-19-2004, 10:53 PM
MMB
Cruisin'

6MTs are definitely looking tight. One of the guys at Cerritos Acura tonight told me that they have <5% of their future allocations in 6MT's so those of use who want one will probably be waiting a while. I'm hoping it won't be that long as I was actually in there last Thursday so I could get be part of the original group. I ran into one of the other members of this group taking delivery on his 5AT (Evil Genius I think), so I was heartened to see everything on the up and up.

BTW, Todd, thanks for organizing this. I'm amazed at what can happen if we work together.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:04 AM
Cruisin'

Non-navi Pricing

Ffelix, I spoke with Kellie yesterday and was able to get in on the deal which is the good news, however won't get the car until early JANUARY. Most people get the navi. so it's like your getting a custome version with no-navi and the $1300.00 over invoice applies. As others have said the protection pacakge is part of the overall deal so you'll have to add another $340.00 and (T-T-L). Hope this helps
Old 10-20-2004, 01:43 PM
10th Gear

what are people paying out the door for the navi + protection package?
i'm curious if they add misc fee besides ttl when you close the deal.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Instructor

Roundmound - the only misc fee (other than tax, title, license) is the stupid $45.00 doc fee. I tried to get that waived, but when the original quote was 1500.00 under MSRP, they changed it to 1500.00 over invoice (1600.00 under MSRP) to accomodate... RG and Tree Frog can you confirm...

As for the protection package - it was my understanding that most of the group choose to go that route, so it wasnt an issue. If not - please let me know so I can bring it up today... I know that Cerritos has the protection package installed on all their new deliveries - so this is something I can bring up if it is an issue...

TL
Old 10-20-2004, 03:36 PM
Cruisin'

Spoke to Kelly today and it looks like I won't be getting my car until the first week of December. Ugh. (This is for a AT/Anthracite/Ebony/Navi.)

They gave me that pep talk that people change their minds and it could come in sooner, but... That's going to be a tough wait.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:52 PM
10th Gear

$45 is the only extra fee (other than TTL) added to the price of the car, nothing else

Hey MMB, that was you on Thursday!! :-)
Old 10-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Instructor

I agree Jason,

But as EG can verify - people do pass on the car, which is how he got his so early...

Did she tell you how far down you were on the wait list? Hopefully if you are not too far down - you will get lucky....
Old 10-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Cruisin'

I'm down there on the VIP list - #9. Hopefully a couple people will pass and I'll soon be enjoying driveline vibration, wide turning radius', fading brakes, bad paint, crappy tires, and all the rest that goees aalong with being a proud TL owner. :P
Old 10-20-2004, 05:32 PM
10th Gear

That's cool if the only fee they charge is the $45 doc fee. I'm ok with the protection package.

wasn't sure if they try to sell/push you other stuff to jack up the price.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Instructor

Actually - Randal said that all accessories will be at the dealer cost... So IF you are interested in the A-Spec, All Weather floor mats, etc. - they should be pretty reasonable. Unfortunately - I dont have a source to find out the actual cost of those components, so I am unable to verify if it is actually at their cost...
Old 10-20-2004, 05:52 PM
10th Gear

I inquired about the lip spoler, which was quoted to me for 512. sounded a little high.

Did anyone get an extended warranty? I'm wondering if those are at a discount or even worth getting.

Quick Reply: Cerritos Acura - SoCal 2005 TL Power buy